4.9

1. ChueW.
    Oct 8, 2009
    Disappointing, to say the least. The beginning where she was fighting with Tyra made me laugh a little, but the story is kind of pathetic. I gave it a 5 because its an average. Surprisingly, the music isn't that bad (7) but the movie isn't good (3) If only they came up with something more similar to the TV series (which is so much better).
  2. ElizaW
    Dec 19, 2009
    I got this movie for my FOURTEENTH birthday. I was never really into Hannah Montana, 'cause the series and songs were considered as 'childish'. I wanted to give it a try, and watched the movie. Well, not even the whole movie. I had to stop halfway, because I was falling asleep, and there wasn't ANY motivation to watch the other half of this crap. Predictable, boring, I got this movie for my FOURTEENTH birthday. I was never really into Hannah Montana, 'cause the series and songs were considered as 'childish'. I wanted to give it a try, and watched the movie. Well, not even the whole movie. I had to stop halfway, because I was falling asleep, and there wasn't ANY motivation to watch the other half of this crap. Predictable, boring, boring, boring, predictable, very very fake, and basically the movie was the whole series-thing repeated, it didn't add anything special. Very sad to watch how Taylor Swift totally crushed Hannah Montana. Still give it a 4, because if you're Hannah Montana fan you'll probably like it. Expand
  3. ChadS
    Apr 11, 2009
    Anna rhymes with Hannah. This is a pertinent fact. Whereas our titular hero(Miley Cyrus) deems a mere farmhand worthy of being her beau; in Roger Michell's "Notting Hill", Anna Scott(Julia Roberts) likewise, falls for an ordinary bloke, a bookshop owner, played by Hugh Grant. In the film's funniest scene, William Thacker fakes his way through a press junket promoting Anna's Anna rhymes with Hannah. This is a pertinent fact. Whereas our titular hero(Miley Cyrus) deems a mere farmhand worthy of being her beau; in Roger Michell's "Notting Hill", Anna Scott(Julia Roberts) likewise, falls for an ordinary bloke, a bookshop owner, played by Hugh Grant. In the film's funniest scene, William Thacker fakes his way through a press junket promoting Anna's latest film by posing as a writer for "Horse and Hound" magazine. Contrary to William's ignorance in equestrianism, Travis(Lucas Till) knows his way around horses. The point being: the presence of horses are duly noted in both films, establishing a connection. "Hannah Montana: The Movie" doesn't really have a funniest scene, but there's one purported-to-be-funny episode that works on a dramatic level, which the film seems wholly unaware of. Wanting to be here and there at the same time, the existentially befuddled pop star compartmentalizes to the hilt, in a scene where she flits back and forth between a formal luncheon with the mayor, and a date with Travis at a nearby diner. Although Cyrus lacks the movie star pizazz to pull off physical comedy, Miley's dogged reluctance to come clean gives her character depth, albeit this depth goes largely unexplored in a film more concerned with marketing than following through with its theme of celebritydom's pitfalls. Miley is flattered that Travis likes her for herself, not her stardom; she's afraid that her alter-ego would disappoint him. In "Notting Hill", Anna tells William, "Rita Haywood used to say, 'They go to bed with Gilda, but they wake up with me.' " The U.K. paparazzi that hounded Anna, hounds Hannah, as well. Expand
  4. CassandraH
    Jul 21, 2009
    I didn't realized how bonded I was to the Hannah show until the movie came out. Then I realized that my affection the series had grown to big and fell hard when I saw the movie. If there's a time that I wanted a time machine to turn back time, it would be now. I would have walked straight up to Disney and tried to talk them from not making this film - I know, they wouldn't I didn't realized how bonded I was to the Hannah show until the movie came out. Then I realized that my affection the series had grown to big and fell hard when I saw the movie. If there's a time that I wanted a time machine to turn back time, it would be now. I would have walked straight up to Disney and tried to talk them from not making this film - I know, they wouldn't have listened. Or at least I would tried to convince them to make the movie better To be said, I enjoyed the flick, but yet I'm dissapointed. What dissapointed me most was the third act, who was much sappier than I thought it would be. In the last 20 minutes there are no highlights or comedic pauses to light the mood up. And please, how can people like the crappy "The Climb"? Otherwise, I enjoyed the movie until the highly dissapointing third part. There were lot of fun moments, good cinematography, catchy fun and great dialog. Still, after the movie came out, my affection for "Hannah Montana" hasn't been the same. Expand
  5. Apr 11, 2011
    At first when I heard about this movie, i thought it was going to be horrible and I never did see it in theaters, but like maybe about 3 months after it came out on dvd, i decided to give it a try. I thought it was okay, it wasn't horrible, but wasn't that good. I thought the songs were great, the humor was okay. But something about the movie really irked me.
  6. Aug 23, 2011
    Although HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE is mostly awful, especially compared to the fairly decent "Disney Channel Original Series" of its basis, but it's sad to say that this is one of Miley Cyrus's best films yet.
  7. Aug 29, 2014
    That's has a good story, but i think it's very exclusive.. It's more directed at women kids, and the channel is watched for all the geners! And i think this actress Miley Cyrus bad, she's like... no reaction.. soft.. She's really better singing then acting!

1. There are sufficient pratfalls and Miley/Hannah quick-changes to satisfy the fans, while Cyrus retains that natural, unforced likability that made her a star in the first place.
    A goofily endearing romp that might even lasso a few new fans.
    It's almost foolish to review Hannah Montana: The Movie as anything other than the latest cog in a cultural phenomenon/mass-marketing juggernaut. The film itself certainly doesn't aspire to anything more.