6.9

1. Sep 6, 2010
    This is Michael Caine at his finest. If you like vigilante movies, you'll love this one. It's dark and violent, so be prepared. Good acting throughout.
  2. Oct 1, 2010
    I don't expect everyone will like this movie and that's fine.because of its hard edged close-to-the-bone presentation. I however enjoyed it. I say enjoy what i mean is it was a very well presented and acted drama that shocks you to the core in the first few minutes as we see a young teenager forced into smoking a bong and then beaten up for what we can assume is his initiation into theI don't expect everyone will like this movie and that's fine.because of its hard edged close-to-the-bone presentation. I however enjoyed it. I say enjoy what i mean is it was a very well presented and acted drama that shocks you to the core in the first few minutes as we see a young teenager forced into smoking a bong and then beaten up for what we can assume is his initiation into the gang. We then see a view from a phone camera of two teenagers riding a motorbike, firing a few shots from a handgun into a woman pushing a pram. She immediately dies and the two teens flee the scene on their motorbike only to be hit by a truck and killed. If you don't enjoy being confronted you should either turn off the movie then or walk out of the cinema because you won't enjoy this film. Expand
  3. Nov 25, 2010
    A great movie with Michael Caine playing a role that one would not immediately expect to see him serving in which only helps to make the movie that much stronger. Wonderfully dark and gritty, something to recommend to anyone who enjoys such movies.
  4. Aug 29, 2011
    Excellent film, with a strong, interesting plot of the film with realistic features of the film. This film has great acting by Michael Caine and is defiantly a stimulating thriller worth watching.
  5. Sep 10, 2011
    Awesome movie! It handles the problems of modern times, like drugs, violent in streets and how innocent people suffer from the crimes of bastards. Michael Caine's cold charisma makes this even better.

1. Reviewed by: Mark Dinning
    Essential stuff, even by the big man's considerable standards.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    Bleak, gripping, sporadically exciting drama.
  3. Caine makes a grave, soulful vigilante avenger, and first-time director Daniel Barber gives the film a dank, streaky, genuinely unnerving palette.