Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 15, 2011
Universal acclaim based on 1489 Ratings
1,246
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeDec 28, 2015
The best way to end a film series is by suddenly making a movie like this. It's just how you manage to get all the good parts for the conclusion to prepare fans for the next installment.
TVJerryJul 19, 2011
I've never read the books and haven't really loved the movies (although I've seen them all). Even so, this final film was full of loose ends that had to be tied upâ
TheQuietGamerJan 6, 2012
A fantastic ending for the series, it's packed with action and emotion, and the light touches of humor during certain places are nice, although I do wish they would have given us more information on the new characters, and I found Voldemort'sA fantastic ending for the series, it's packed with action and emotion, and the light touches of humor during certain places are nice, although I do wish they would have given us more information on the new characters, and I found Voldemort's death was kind of unsatisfactory, but this is still one of the best in the series and will please every fan of this fantastic series, a must watch. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
An excellent finish to an excellent franchise. "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2" brings everything home in a spectacular and spellbinding fashion.
beingryanjudeAug 25, 2014
Bringing an extraordinary adventure to a memorable close is no easy feat. The Deathly Hallows is dazzling and, quite possibly, the finest of all eight films. The conclusion is glorious and heartwarming--everything that we needed it to be.
csw12Mar 25, 2012
An absolute extreme disappoinment to end the Harry Potter franchise. Poor acting, stupid battle sequences, terrible music, deatils completly left out and ending that will go down as the worst ending ever made for a movie. How can Yates leaveAn absolute extreme disappoinment to end the Harry Potter franchise. Poor acting, stupid battle sequences, terrible music, deatils completly left out and ending that will go down as the worst ending ever made for a movie. How can Yates leave out such key relationships at the end. Does he understand anything about the relationships of the characters. David Yates will not only go down as the director that totally screwed up Harry Potter but as one of the worst directors of the 21th century. Expand
grandpajoe6191Nov 5, 2011
It's all magical and fabulous, splendid cast and powerful performances with a impressive ride of top notch CGI. The environment and tone of the movie starts grim and strong; however the only thing that prevented me from giving "Harry PotterIt's all magical and fabulous, splendid cast and powerful performances with a impressive ride of top notch CGI. The environment and tone of the movie starts grim and strong; however the only thing that prevented me from giving "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" a 9 was the corny ending that loosened up the mood it made. Nevertheless it is a masterpiece and a movie definitely to watch, normal people and HP fans all alike. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 8, 2012
Part 2 rips Part 1 to shreds. It is everything the first film wasn't- it's adventurous, fantastical, and epic. A stunning and dazzling conclusion to the Harry Potter legacy.
Trev29Mar 26, 2012
A total disgrace to the books as well as the rest of the film franchise. It was like 10 years of memories where kicked to the curb and shot by Nazi's. I can not even get into the details of what was so painfully awful with this film. I reallyA total disgrace to the books as well as the rest of the film franchise. It was like 10 years of memories where kicked to the curb and shot by Nazi's. I can not even get into the details of what was so painfully awful with this film. I really do not understand how so many can actually say this was a great ending. This was about as big smelly piece of trash. Expand
imthenoobJun 16, 2016
Felt rushed and time jumpy. There was no real content with this one and I think that's what makes it so disappointing. You do go in with high hopes for the last film of this epic series and it just doesn't liveup.
TokyochuchuDec 14, 2014
The Harry Potter franchise is one of the finest ever created, right up there with the likes of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. As the closing chapter, the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is unmissable yet as a standalone film, it is also possiblyThe Harry Potter franchise is one of the finest ever created, right up there with the likes of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. As the closing chapter, the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 is unmissable yet as a standalone film, it is also possibly the weakest in the series. There are certainly some highlights, including the biggest tearjerker of the series, but too many major incidents are covered in too little time. Oh wow... This major character just died... But no time to register that properly because we've got to move onto another battle scene. This leads Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 to feel a bit rushed and also somewhat lacking in characterization. Expand
j30Sep 20, 2011
I really liked the film. I heard a lot of people who read the books were disappointed. I think the film was one of the best in the series. Great pacing, good drama. It's pretty much all you could hope for in a conclusion of a film seriesI really liked the film. I heard a lot of people who read the books were disappointed. I think the film was one of the best in the series. Great pacing, good drama. It's pretty much all you could hope for in a conclusion of a film series BASED on the books from J.K. Rowling. Expand
JacobSep 17, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Harry Potter is one of the longest and most successful film series fo all time. onw it is time for the series to come to an end.. Part I was one of my least favorite film on accout of lack of development and a poorly developed story. While Part II isnâ Expand
oxanaAug 24, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It has been a while since I read the last book (before seeing the last past of "the Deathly Hallows"). That is why I couldn't really recall everything that happened on the pages, and that may or may not have helped while watching this movie.

There was plenty of action in this movie. However, it seemed the focus teetered and stumbled a bit: especially during the last battle at Hogwarts, many familiar characters were shown, but very briefly at places. That made the movie lose its emotional charge. A lot of the action fast forwarded a lot, not allowing the plot to build itself.

Until this day I don't quite understand how Harry died and came back - or where he went before coming back. Even while reading the book that was a bit unclear to me. Maybe I just skipped some important clue, I don't know. Another strange thing is Voldemort's final demise. It seemed so easy in the end.

The acting was okay, but due to the inability to focus on any character or their story, it felt like a wasted effort. Especially "Prince's Tale" that I heard a lot of hype about was just a jumbled cluster of random images from here and there, and I felt very disappointed with it. I had waited such a long time to see Alan Rickman as Snape again, after all, and what we had here was just a glimpse of the greatness he could have produced on screen.

I noticed a different theme in the beginning - and loved it. I think I'll have to get the soundtrack of this movie.

A big applause for the poor Gringotts dragon! Very well made, that one.

All in all not my favorite part in the series. Better than part one of the last movie, but they both have definite faults that keep me from liking them more.
heyitsmegrif4Dec 17, 2011
Beautifully acted stand out Alan Rickman, and strong visuals, a great original score, thrills and some emotional depth it easily is the most touching and powerful of the series. I give this film a very rare 100% of a good movie. :)
TheApplegnomeFeb 19, 2014
This is the best movie of the Harry Potter film series, because it's so entertaining and it got wonderful scenes that just blows me of!

The first thing I got to say about his movie is the beginning, it's so exciting and gorgeous. This movie got an awesome amount of action, but an calm tempo at the same time which made it wonderful. The story couldn't have been more awesome as it is, because it's so damn good, and the music is wonderful! The actors in this movie are fabulous as usual, and I never got bored at any time.
Among all the Harry Potter movies does this one stand out, because its so unique and it contains so much unique scenes that I haven't seen before.

The negative thing about this movie is that it might have been to dark scenes, because it was hard to see all the details in the movie. Another bad thing is that the when the movie was in the "climax-stage" it could have been more dramatic scenes, for example more awesome music, even thought the music is awesome in this movie. Another thing that they could have done is that they could have shown us more of Hogwarts in the future. The last thing that bother me is (SPOILER ALERT!) why Harry Potter destroyed the Elder Wand, he could have become the most powerful magician ever, but in the end I understand why he did it.

The ending must have been the best ending ever in all the harry potter movies, it was so touching and sad at the same time, and if I must say, I cried in the end credits! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the best Harry Potter movie ever, and I can watch it over and over without getting bored of it!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 gets a 9/10
StevenFJul 17, 2013
Quite the anticipation and excitement surrounded the eighth and last film of the Harry Potter franchise, but personally I was also hit with the realisation that this was the finale, the curtain call and the last song and dance for ourQuite the anticipation and excitement surrounded the eighth and last film of the Harry Potter franchise, but personally I was also hit with the realisation that this was the finale, the curtain call and the last song and dance for our favourite wizarding heroes.
The final film simply ties up almost everything, its a chance for the viewers to jog their memory to all those years ago, to be re-introduced to characters who may have been missing in previous entries. It also sets the stage for one of the most spectacular battles of the series, and in many others. Harry, played for the final time by the brooding but very much grown up Daniel Radcliffe, needs answers to all his lingering questions, and its quite fitting that it should all come to head where the Boy Who Lived calls home, Hogwarts.
Without going into too much detail, Harry, while still unsure exactly how to defeat Lord Voldemort, is rapidly closing in on the answers he seeks. Not without the company of Ron and Hermione, the three embark on various callbacks to all the previous films, Gringotts bank, Hogsmeade and of course the Chamber of Secrets. The whole film is brimming with excitable characters, unlikely heroes and bright colours to light up the darkening sky.
But as it goes, tragedy continues to loom, and the final film is a true bloodbath, some unknown, many loveable and sorely missed. The argument being that they were fighting for the safety of themselves as well as Harry, because when Hogwarts is truly lit up like the 4th of July, nobody is safe. In terms of this, the special effects and heavy battle scenes are as brilliant and mesmerising as they have ever been, capturing the imagination inside the head of JK Rowling and putting it on the screen in spectacular fashion.
One cannot forget the performances, and again it is the older cast who run away with the rights to say they were the best, Alan Rickman, who has been there since day one as the dark, mysterious and often thorn in the side Severus Snape, truly has his finest hour, showing another side to this character that we have never seen before, and boasting the talents of this phenomenal actor. Ralph Fiennes is quite frightening, more so than ever as Lord Voldemort, his silent striding, his peaceful but snap of the fingers change in tone of voice is enough to keep you up, and he really outlines why so much more fun can be had being the big bad.
Maggie Smith and Julie Walters deservedly have much more screen time, with some comic tone but also a true sense of their magical background on show.
The series could not have had a better goodbye, combining everything it is known for, and throwing in surprises along the way, we have grown up with the three leads, and the closing scenes of the film remark just how long, dark but also cheerful and entertaining the journey has been, reminding us that this is more than likely the last time we see these characters, but what a farewell indeed.
Bruce722Mar 8, 2013
An amazing and epic cinematic conclusion to the Harry Potter series. Of course, the books were far superior in every way but these last couple of movies really did do an amazing job capturing the meaning behind every scene which the earlierAn amazing and epic cinematic conclusion to the Harry Potter series. Of course, the books were far superior in every way but these last couple of movies really did do an amazing job capturing the meaning behind every scene which the earlier films couldn't quite do. The acting continued to improve in every film as did the development of the overall story arc and characters. I also felt like this was the best movie in terms of not needing to have read the books in order to fully engage in the story. Overall, I am very glad that I was able to complete the book series and films. This entire process has been an enjoyable one and that is the ultimate point of all mediums of entertainment, isn't it? To enjoy it? That's always been my belief and this story was absolutely captivating. I can't wait until the next time I can make it to Universal Studios to check out what I've heard is an amazing job at recreating the environment. Thank you J.K. Rowling for providing premium entertainment for my mind! Expand
HalfwelshmanAug 8, 2011
Most people expected the final Harry Potter to be good (imagine the outcry if it wasn't - there would be rioting in the streets...probably). Few, I suspect, realised just how exceptional it would turn out to be. It was actually worth the tenMost people expected the final Harry Potter to be good (imagine the outcry if it wasn't - there would be rioting in the streets...probably). Few, I suspect, realised just how exceptional it would turn out to be. It was actually worth the ten years that film-goers have committed to the series! The film resolves all the dangling plot threads and repays it's viewers patience with interest. Deathly Hallows Part 2, unlike it's predecessor (which had the unenviable task of setting up this finale, and thus, tended to drag) is fluidly told, well acted and is an undeniable visual spectacle. For the first time in the series, Daniel Radcliffe really gets to demonstrate his skill as a mature actor - his performance is restrained, but heartfelt and compelling. The real highlight of the series always has been, and continues to be Alan Rickman's Snape - he gives the performance of his career, made even more emotional once the truth about Snape is revealed. The rest of the cast also hold their own, and there are some nice curtain calls, even if you only see some characters for a fraction of a second (blink and you'll miss Miriam Margolyes and Mark Williams!). The effects are superb, the action extremely creative, the whole thing wonderfully filmed. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be utterly engaged right until the credits role, and Yates brings the saga full circle in a pleasing way (though I'm not a big fan of the prologue). The only real criticisms I've heard of the film thus far are die-hard fans shrieking "but it's not 100% like the book!". No it is not like the book. David Yates wasn't writing a book. He was making a film. The changes he made were for the best, and helped the story flow. You cannot adapt a book page-for-page onto film. The film series and books exist as separate entities for the better. They both offer different pleasures. They do not need to be identical, and it is a great blessing that they're not. The past ten years have flown, and the Harry Potter films have left their mark on the world, just as the books have. Mr Potter, we'll miss you. Expand
BikerjamesJul 20, 2011
I saw this in IMAX 3D, and although I'm not a fan of 3D in general I have to say this is the best 3D I have seen. The movie itself was fantastic. Special effects are as good as it gets. Is the movie perfect? No, the entire series isI saw this in IMAX 3D, and although I'm not a fan of 3D in general I have to say this is the best 3D I have seen. The movie itself was fantastic. Special effects are as good as it gets. Is the movie perfect? No, the entire series is summed up in one short sequence and was a little hard to follow, especially with the English accents. I still had a couple of unanswered questions that I had to clarify with a friend who has read the books. However, that did not distract overall from the wonderment of the film. It's been awhile since I've seen a movie I liked well enough to see twice, but I will probably see it one more time before it leaves the big screen. Deathly Hollows parts 1 and 2 couldn't have been more different. Part 1 was a snooze-fest, this one has a lot of action and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Expand
homer4presidentMar 13, 2015
As a lifelong Harry Potter fan, this was an incredibly satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest franchises of all time. This is the most action packed film of the series. It's funny, heartbreaking, and the best way to send off theAs a lifelong Harry Potter fan, this was an incredibly satisfying conclusion to one of the greatest franchises of all time. This is the most action packed film of the series. It's funny, heartbreaking, and the best way to send off the characters we grew up with. Expand
Rox22May 2, 2015
To be fair, I never read any of the books, so I can simply judge this based on that. Whether it is loyal to the source material or not is of no consequence to me.

With that said, I really enjoyed this movie. It was fun. Sure it isn't as

With that said, I really enjoyed this movie. It was fun. Sure it isn't as good as some of the earlier movies, and the acting still OK-ish, but I still thought it was entertaining.

I will say I was a little disappointed about who Harry ended up with.

Overall:
HPatDHpt2 was a great conclusion to the Harry Potter movies. Flawed, but fun.
Movie1997Sep 8, 2013
I never thought that the conclusion to a beloved series would end as magnificently as it did. Part 2 of the big finale really delivers. It's action-packed, heart-felt, dramatic and thrilling the whole way through. It delivers in bringing backI never thought that the conclusion to a beloved series would end as magnificently as it did. Part 2 of the big finale really delivers. It's action-packed, heart-felt, dramatic and thrilling the whole way through. It delivers in bringing back old quality Harry Potter feel and delivering new quality Harry Potter feel that doesn't withdraw from the movie. I've seen this so many times. It's FREAKING FANTASTIC! Be sure to check out my YouTube channel, "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies. Expand
hoops2448Sep 18, 2011
10 years, 8 films and they clearly saved the best until last. When it came to the books I felt that the final book lacked the punch the others had with no overtly moving moments apart from the Snape reveal which seemed rushed in the book. The10 years, 8 films and they clearly saved the best until last. When it came to the books I felt that the final book lacked the punch the others had with no overtly moving moments apart from the Snape reveal which seemed rushed in the book. The film on the other hand takes the gravitas developed by 7 movies before it and improves upon the words created by Rowling with a punchy, emotionally charged script by Steve Kloves. Daniel Radcliffe finally lives up to the title of Harry Potter as he carries the viewer through the last 2 hours totally invested in the challenges he has ahead of him. However the clear winner in this film is Alan Rickman as Snape who infuses his scenes with an air of contrition and regret making one of the main montages of the film incredibly moving. If the last film has a flaw its the under use of characters like David Thewlis' Lupin and Robby Coltrane's Hagrid while awarding too much time to original characters such as Kelly Macdonald's Grey Lady. Oh, and Emma Watson was boring......again. Expand
axelkochJan 18, 2014
It’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and theIt’s impossible to specifically point out the aspects of the plot I disliked in Deathly Hallows 2 while simultaneously keeping this review devoid of spoilers, although I can say that they mostly concern the deaths of major characters and the newest dei ex machina that J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves got up their sleeves. Not all of them were grave though and in some cases, it’s merely the poor adaption of the source material that causes confusion or illogicality. Either way, it impairs what is actually an appropriate denouement to this outstanding huge story and makes the top rating the film’s best moments would definitely rate a no-go. It's far from being a perfect film and that doesn’t change with a handful of unforgettable scenes. Nevertheless, I reckon it to be a very worthy finale for the franchise and, as with the other seven, the flaws just can’t prevent me from rewatching it over and over again. Expand
SEROJMar 28, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. OMG, the battle of hogwarts! I waited for this one so long! I almost cried when i saw the title on the begining. It was amazing, but probably not the way i was expecting it to be. I hated that they cut so much! Why they didn't show us how Fred died? Or Lupin? I mean that's what could make this movie more dramatic! It's the end man! When Harry killed Voldemort, why people were so indifferent... especially when he hugged Hagrid i expected him to say something more that "Harry...." what the? He killed the dark Lord man! And why when he found out that he's a Horcruxe and decided to let Voldemort kill him, Ron and Hermione didn't try to stop him? I mean Hermione felt sad when she found out that Harry's dead but i felt like Ron didn't give a about anything! Everything else was GREAT! So i would give this movie a 10/10 because i believe it could be better, but since it's not perfect, my final score is 8/10! Thank you J.K.Rowling for this great saga that i'm going to remember my whole life! Expand
OfficialNov 1, 2013
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" ends the Harry Potter series with a spectacular bang of light. Director David Yates completely changes the tense and atmospheric mood from Part 1 to an intense and exciting magical war movie. The film is impressively staged, the script and dialogue has been well-written and this film can easily be nominated as the best Harry Potter movie in the franchise. Expand
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016

With that said, I really enjoyed this movie. It was fun. Sure it isn't as

MegWhiteleyMar 2, 2012
Incredible form to close one of the best sagas of all the world, this film of Potter is the better, one day I watch the two films together and is and awesome film. Good bye Harry Potter.
MrMovieBuffNov 17, 2016
"It All Ends" is the slogan for the ultimate finale that is 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2', a riveting, exciting and fast-paced finale filled with nothing more than emotional satisfaction. Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) is back,"It All Ends" is the slogan for the ultimate finale that is 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2', a riveting, exciting and fast-paced finale filled with nothing more than emotional satisfaction. Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) is back, along with his best friends; Hermione (Emma Watson) and Ron (Rupert Grint), after escaping the Malfoy's house and moving on from the tragic death of Dobby in the hands of Bellatrix (Helena Bonham Carter), the search for the remaining horcruxes continue.

As their search for the last few horcruxes continue, Harry discovers that Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) is closer to him than he thinks, when they need to get back to Hogwarts to find the remaining horcruxes, they meet a mysterious man who goes by the name Aberforth Dumbledore (Ciaran Hinds), Albus' brother. Aberforth, as it seems, was not very close to his late brother, and raises the suspicion that Albus (Michael Gambon) was not to be trusted as he has kept many secret things from Harry. But Harry claims that he trusted the man he knew. On their way back to Hogwarts, Neville (Matthew Lewis) leads them back, and it seems that the school has become a war zone. Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) has become the headmaster since he killed Dumbledore, and informs the students that if they know Harry's whereabouts and even attempts to help him, they will be punished. Then the war begins, Harry destroys as many of the last remaining horcruxes that he could find, he discovers the truth about one particular Hogwarts professor, and he finally comes face to face with his nemesis, Voldemort. 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2' is a worthy finale to a long running franchise. Director, David Yates has crafted the most exciting movie in the chapter, the most exciting since 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' (2005), and the events unfold in a clean and fast-paced fashion. Fans of the franchise will love what they see. No finale has truly felt more dramatic and emotionally satisfying at the same time... this is the winner of all finales.
KivaJun 11, 2013
The best Harry potter movie ever made and the best ending of an extraordinary movie series. Felt sad that it actually end. Bye Bye potter
Iky009Jan 3, 2014
Um um final emocionante para um das melhores franquias do cinema, com certeza fechou com chave de ouro uma das melhores sagas de fantasia da história.
spadenxDec 8, 2011
While its a solid film overall, I feel the run time pushes it a little and makes it feel a bit dragged on. Also the film fails to capture the emotion of what is happening and I am a bit disapointed by that. The acting is solid and the effectsWhile its a solid film overall, I feel the run time pushes it a little and makes it feel a bit dragged on. Also the film fails to capture the emotion of what is happening and I am a bit disapointed by that. The acting is solid and the effects are some of the best in the series. It did its best to follow the book as well. It just didnt hit home for me I guess.

(Addressing the critics of this film)
I hate the critics of this film. The only reason they gave it good reviews was because it was the final film of the series. Pretty much every other film before that (besides POA and GOF) were bashed by them. This film was about as good as the previous 2 HP films.
TrilobiteGAug 9, 2015
The conclusion to it all. This is how the franchise ended and let me tell you, practically flawless. It is dramatic and sad like the half blood prince and DH part 1, it is spectacularly action packed like goblet of fire and it all justThe conclusion to it all. This is how the franchise ended and let me tell you, practically flawless. It is dramatic and sad like the half blood prince and DH part 1, it is spectacularly action packed like goblet of fire and it all just connects together so very delicately and perfectly that you can't help but praise how well it let the fandom have it's last movie and how peacefully and constructed it ended. Expand
FreedomFightersDec 16, 2016
David Yates, you have done it. You have taken one of the most iconic film franchises of all-time (I know, it was a book first, but we're talking about the films themselves) and created a truly fantastic conclusion to the series. Seriously,David Yates, you have done it. You have taken one of the most iconic film franchises of all-time (I know, it was a book first, but we're talking about the films themselves) and created a truly fantastic conclusion to the series. Seriously, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" (I'll shorten that title a bit throughout the review) does not disappoint at all. It's thrilling, it's well-written, it's action-packed, the music is brilliant, the acting is wonderful, the visuals are gorgeous...need I say more? "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" finishes off the "Harry Potter" series in tremendous fashion and is absolutely worth watching, even if you're like me and you never read the books. Expand
jimmytancrediJul 20, 2011
After 10 years marked by the success of Harry Potter saga, the least that those who followed the journey of the young wizard during that time could ask for was an end to match the quality and charm that the series was gaining more and moreAfter 10 years marked by the success of Harry Potter saga, the least that those who followed the journey of the young wizard during that time could ask for was an end to match the quality and charm that the series was gaining more and more until then. And the last film that not only meets the demand in all areas, it also goes further. David Yates, being director for the fourth time in the saga, delivers to the public, fan or not, an admirable quality of outcome after having led the work with care in the previous films he directed. Proves to be a director of intelligent vision, placing each element in its quantity and the right times. In Part 1, there is a further development in the drama of the characters and their internal conflicts, and the plot to prepare the key to the end, but without having even a little in the moments of action. Now in Part 2, the fastest pace exciting and gives a greater focus to physical conflicts that the previous film, dramatic but also the emphasis needed to excite the viewer. In the plot, Voldemort got the Saille wand in order to become invincible. However, it gets weaker every piece of his soul that is destroyed by the protagonists. With his army of Death Eaters, he initiates an attack on Hogwarts, to prevent them and are able to destroy the last Horcrux. Harry, knowing his anger, struggles to find and destroy them in time, and finally have the final showdown with his nemesis. With the battle taking place in school, Yates once again follows the right, not making a final showdown full of explosions in an action whose purpose is just the visual impact, but an epic battle that although, as is the thrill of the moment truly is: a sad and gloomy. The soundtrack by Alexandre Desplat, who repeats the good work of the previous film, highlights this issue. In the technical issues, the film is not anything to duty. On the contrary. The treatment of visual effects, the aforementioned soundtrack, photography of Eduardo Serra, who also repeats his job well, the beautiful art direction and makeup too, providing a great result to the elves, and also in the epilogue, making a characterization of compelling characters. All this in a high standard of quality. The performances don't deserve any least attention. The saga has always been privileged to have an amazing cast, and now it's all about the movie where they are in the spotlight. Daniel Radcliffe has his best time and leads admirably. Rupert Grint and Emma Watson are also more than worthy of recognition. Matthew Lewis has a good time favored by a more mature Neville. Alan Rickman, but doesn't appear too long, the scene offers a spectacle of the memories of his character. Ralph Fiennes Voldemort embodies a violent rage and consumed by fear. Helena Bonham Carter is also present as Bellatrix Lestrange insane, having featured in the comic scene of the invasion of Gringotts Bank. Also noteworthy is the actress Maggie Smith, with her surprising role of Professor Minerva McGonnagall, leading the defense of Hogwarts. It is gratifying to see the set of all such work carried out with competence resulting in something so admirable, that perhaps only small by not giving proper emotion in some of the killings, where beloved characters go, and also to explain some details left out that possibly confused a bit by those who didn't read the books. That won't be very harmful, but care about those details could be higher. However, the successes speak much louder, but contribute to the deserved outcome of this phenomenon that marked the many and surely will continue checking, because even with the sad farewell, the saga is not dead, nor die in the hearts and memories of thousands. Expand
MovieManiac83Apr 23, 2015
At a mere 130 minutes, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the shortest of the eight films in the Harry Potter series. But for better and worse, it never feels like it. Director David Yates (who helmed the previous threeAt a mere 130 minutes, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is the shortest of the eight films in the Harry Potter series. But for better and worse, it never feels like it. Director David Yates (who helmed the previous three installments of the series as well) and screenwriter Steve Kloves (who scripted all the films except Order Of The Phoenix) start the film exactly where Part 1 left off, and with the same moody, somber, unrushed tone. But what dragged endlessly in Part 1 simply seems appropriate here, as the story gently reabsorbs viewers before taking off. Then Yates and Kloves ramp the action up to manic levels—even including two cartoonishly brash sequences at the Gringotts bank that hearken back to Chris Columbus’ two Potter films—and find ways to draw out the final battle, extending it beyond J.K. Rowling’s original novel.

At times, that means dipping into surprisingly conventional territory—when Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe) and evil wizard Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) take their long-running battle to a room full of creaky, collapse-prone rope-and-wood bridges, the setting feels contrived and generic, equally suited for a Hitchcock drama, a Western, or a modern thriller. And a lengthy siege scene, while grim and thrilling, seems to borrow equally from Ran and The Two Towers. Mostly, though, Yates and Kloves find the grand scope in Rowling’s book, and mine it for all the excitement and pathos it’s worth.

Inevitably, it’ll be worth more to devoted fans. As with Yates’ previous Harry Potter films, Hallows Part 2 skips or rushes a lot of explanation, while also trying to stay faithful to the books by getting as much of their incident on the screen as possible. So the storyline sometimes feels like it’s crammed full of barely relevant events, and sometimes feels stretched thin as the characters make vast leaps of intuition to move the story rapidly forward.

Nonetheless, this is the most epic of the Harry Potter movies, the one that finally dispenses with side-quests and open-ended plotlines and offers up all the final payoffs. That includes satisfying front-and-center roles for too-often-neglected subsidiary actors Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, and Matthew Lewis, as well as a gratifying variety of grand dramatic moments, executed with commitment and style. From an early sequence where Rickman stands in a high tower, coldly surveying the prison camp that Hogwarts has become to a late-film showdown that finds small comic moments among life-or-death conflict, it operates on an intense yet tonally lofty scale suitable for the final act of a series that’s held the world’s attention for more than a decade. Its principal cast members were hired as cute prepubescents and have grown impressively into their adult roles; with this installment, the series itself completes a similarly protracted and rewarding maturation.
dharmaJun 9, 2012
Individually ,each Harry Potter never satisfies and feel commercial and 'crass' by splitting the final book into two parts. Still, one of the best Harry Potter installments out there.
gm101Jul 18, 2011
Not as good as its predecessor Deathly Hallows Part 1, but this is a solid movie that does a good job of ending the Harry Potter movie adaptation series.
cabritaJan 2, 2012
I must start to say that I have not seen any of the Potter movies except this one. I was curious to see how it held up on its own. I was very happy to see that the movie explained much of the background to the whole conflict. The film doesI must start to say that I have not seen any of the Potter movies except this one. I was curious to see how it held up on its own. I was very happy to see that the movie explained much of the background to the whole conflict. The film does not have much story to it. it is merely a recapulation of the story with a stunning climax. The film sets a good tone with it's dark feel. Overall the film plays off the success and developpement of all the other movies. Overall a not bad movie that plays of the success of the others, but it does deliver a well done climax. Expand
Knicksfan7Jul 29, 2011
Finally saw this in theatres tonight, and i must say, i was absolutely blown away. This film was fabolous. Cant ask for a better ending to such a successful and popular franchise. The entire film was one big action scene and it was doneFinally saw this in theatres tonight, and i must say, i was absolutely blown away. This film was fabolous. Cant ask for a better ending to such a successful and popular franchise. The entire film was one big action scene and it was done absolutely perfectly. Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 2 deserves all the high praise it gets. The acting especially by Daniel Radcliffe and the man who plays Voldemort was phenomenal. I was more than pleased with this movie. I honestly saw no flaws and i truly believe that this final entry into the Harry Potter franchise deserves a best picture nomination at the 2012 Academy Awards. The only problem i had with this movie is the slight depression that follows once the credits begin to role because the journey is now officially over but their definitely wasnt a better way to end off such an exciting and adventurous journey. Thank you JK Rowling and to all of the creators of the Harry Potter films for such an amazing adventure. 10/10 without a doubt in my mind Expand
asthobaskoroAug 5, 2011
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part II blew me away, awesome and brilliant. Pure blockbuster with heart and intense action. The best in the series.
AkkharAug 18, 2011
Awesome ! Full of suspense , Every second of Tens , Action,Emotion,and Every single thing was awesome . An Amazing way to End This Epic Journey ! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part - 2 is The Best entry of the franchise and probablyAwesome ! Full of suspense , Every second of Tens , Action,Emotion,and Every single thing was awesome . An Amazing way to End This Epic Journey ! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part - 2 is The Best entry of the franchise and probably one of The Best of The Best Movie I have Ever Seen in My Life ! I like the every second of this movie . Part one was good but was slightly boring because that was a road movie but this one is off the hook ! GOOD BYE HARRY POTTER ! Gonna Miss U So Freaking Much :(
(P.S. Tnx J.K. for bring this to the world)

Story (not book just screenplay) : 1.3/2 (Like always they cut so many good part from the book & added some silly scene )
Directing : 1.7/2 (Better then David's lasts films )
Acting : 1.7/2 (All of them were good but Alan Rickman's acting was one of the thing that made this move epic to me )
Sound : 1.9/2 (Like the last films the soundtracks are so amazing)
Edit & Effect : 1.9/2 (Effect's were so well done)

OVERALL : 8.510
smijatovJul 17, 2011
HP & DH: 2 managed to brilliantly end the Harry Potter series, to such an extent that I don't think anyone anticipated. David Yates proved himself, once again, as the best adapter of the Harry Potter series into film, even more so thanHP & DH: 2 managed to brilliantly end the Harry Potter series, to such an extent that I don't think anyone anticipated. David Yates proved himself, once again, as the best adapter of the Harry Potter series into film, even more so than Alfonso Cuaron, who was rather good at it, too. What surprised me a lot was the emotional impact that the film had on me. Many of the scenes had quite convincing settings and emotional depth that is unprecedented in the Potter series. The storytelling was rather slick and the visuals are simply stunning. The special effects have by far been one of the best, with the exception of the Half-Blood Prince possibly. Overall, the finale of the series was done as good as it could have been done. I'm rather happy that they decided to split the last book into two films, since it allowed for a fuller, more complex understanding and presentation of the story in the film. It is by far the best of the Harry Potter films and it is a worthy and spectacular ending for a series that has helped shape a whole generation. Expand
Muskrat147Jul 30, 2016
A dazzling, suspenseful end to J.K. Rowling's epic saga, Deathly Hallows: Part 2 reaches the peak of the series' maturity, and is filled with emotion, powerful performances, incredible special effects, and a wonderfully brilliant ending.
Khunter4382Jul 18, 2011
This is what I have been waiting for during the entire series.....duels, showdowns, battles, revenge, action, and dare I say a little blood? This is easily one of the most satisfying films of the franchise and the strongest as well. AsThis is what I have been waiting for during the entire series.....duels, showdowns, battles, revenge, action, and dare I say a little blood? This is easily one of the most satisfying films of the franchise and the strongest as well. As always, IMAX does great justice to this film, though the 3D was underwhelming. There are strong performances here. The film has great pace and a lot going on, but most of it works. However, there are large holes throughout the film that demands the audience to give the benefit of doubt. I only bring these up because I, along with my fellow cohorts, were engaged in confounding discussion well after viewing the film, and none of us could come up with definitive answers. Expand
Jack97Dec 17, 2016
The Harry Potter franchise ends in the most spectacular way possible. Deathly Hallows Part 2 answers all the questions raised in the previous films leaving you satisfied there, but does not skip on the epic, franchise concluding action youThe Harry Potter franchise ends in the most spectacular way possible. Deathly Hallows Part 2 answers all the questions raised in the previous films leaving you satisfied there, but does not skip on the epic, franchise concluding action you where promised. It's a completely fulfilling experience to a 10 year epic of films. One of the very best battles between good and evil to ever grace the big screen. Expand
dev92Aug 25, 2012
I much prefer the books and I think this film was overly hyped (for obvious reasons). It is a shame that they felt the need to split the films because very little happened in this film and it could have been cut down quite significantly. AI much prefer the books and I think this film was overly hyped (for obvious reasons). It is a shame that they felt the need to split the films because very little happened in this film and it could have been cut down quite significantly. A bit of a sad day for Britain now that Harry Potter has finished but the books would always be my recommendation. Expand
wishmasterJul 24, 2011
The last film, in my opinion not the best, but if was fun, good special effects, but the **** on the Harry Potter that spoke Dombuldore, Bellatrix my love
mds03Apr 14, 2013
Entertaining, great special effects, great acting, great writing, great directing, and a flawless ending. This is probably the best finale to a fantasy film series I have ever seen. The ending is more satisfying than anyone could ever hopeEntertaining, great special effects, great acting, great writing, great directing, and a flawless ending. This is probably the best finale to a fantasy film series I have ever seen. The ending is more satisfying than anyone could ever hope for. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is all I can really say. Expand
JohnMasterLJul 14, 2015
Brillante, emocionante, divertida, oscura, impactante y única. "The Deathly Hallows Part 2" supera en todos los aspectos a su primera parte, logrando un espectáculo épico para todo el publico. Coloca las 2 partes juntas y obtendrás 4 horas yBrillante, emocionante, divertida, oscura, impactante y única. "The Deathly Hallows Part 2" supera en todos los aspectos a su primera parte, logrando un espectáculo épico para todo el publico. Coloca las 2 partes juntas y obtendrás 4 horas y media de aventura épica y mágica. Harry Potter se une a la gloria de las mejores sagas junto con "Star Wars" o "The Lord of The Rings". Expand
avatar16Aug 23, 2011
Les deux derniers opus m'étaient restés en travers de la gorge de part à certain manque de punch et de magie. Alors, pour ce final, je n'attendais plus grand chose. Mais comme par magie, ce dernier filmLes deux derniers opus m'étaient restés en travers de la gorge de part à certain manque de punch et de magie. Alors, pour ce final, je n'attendais plus grand chose. Mais comme par magie, ce dernier film se montre à la hauteur, étant un final très spectaculaire, aussi bien lors des séquences fortes que les scènes d'action. Malgré quelques longueurs et une fin bâclée niveau maquillage, la seconde partie des Reliques de la Mort finit la saga en beauté (mise en scène, ambiance, décors, costumes, effets visuels, acteurs...). Et quelle fabuleuse idée de la part de l'excellent compositeur Alexandre Desplat d'avoir repris les magnifiques thèmes de John Williams (surtout pour la fin et le générique). Pas mon préféré, mais l'un des épisodes les plus réussis de cette fantastique saga! Expand
DarkCriticJul 16, 2011
After 10 years watching these Harry Potter films, it became the best movie franchise that reach 6 billion dollars worldwide from books to movies.Finally, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II was epically wonderful best sequel for soAfter 10 years watching these Harry Potter films, it became the best movie franchise that reach 6 billion dollars worldwide from books to movies.Finally, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II was epically wonderful best sequel for so long, and it's been done by a perfect ending that we always remember watching over ten years in a decade. This movie series will keep on generation to generation until the end of time and farewell long live Harry Potter. Expand
geo333Jan 9, 2016
Harry potter last installment is full of action, powerful and satisfying moments that bring the H.P films to a magical conclusion, overall the series as a whole deserves the highest grading as it truly one of the best book to movie adaptions,Harry potter last installment is full of action, powerful and satisfying moments that bring the H.P films to a magical conclusion, overall the series as a whole deserves the highest grading as it truly one of the best book to movie adaptions, but a strong movie series as well. Expand
jeff_reviewsJul 9, 2013
The empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able toThe empowering climatic film of them all, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" manages to pull off a satisfying conclusion, to their fans and to newcomers to come. With dark themes placed towards the end; older audiences are able to enjoy its wonderful turns and visuals. While staying true to the book; its visuals manage to pull it off and will leave you interested, despite knowing the ending. To put it all in one word would be "Magic" Expand
DavidTejadaOct 1, 2016
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 reflected the best of the Harry Potter movies. Even it's one of the best science-fiction movies of all time (also talking generally) After a middle disappointing Part 1, the final one comes withHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 reflected the best of the Harry Potter movies. Even it's one of the best science-fiction movies of all time (also talking generally) After a middle disappointing Part 1, the final one comes with more energy, passion and chemistry of the cast. Emma Watson looked terrific even though her participation was a bit less. Makes nostalgia know your favorite characters are leaving the saga, but with an unique and masterpiece deliver. Expand
MarkMusicMar 21, 2013
I admit it, I haven't read the book (Its like 1000 pages, you done lost your mind). But I know enough from what my class has said about it. Apparently what they've said and the movie aren't the same. It seems as this movie spread into two hadI admit it, I haven't read the book (Its like 1000 pages, you done lost your mind). But I know enough from what my class has said about it. Apparently what they've said and the movie aren't the same. It seems as this movie spread into two had no plot in either. At least the others tried and succeded. This one just was basically action. And I'm one of those people who wouldn't mind no real plot, but the acting I've seen better. I personally think Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader was much more entertaining, and visually better. Plus it had more 'Magic' if you get what Im saying, even without there full cast. Percy Jackson I believe and I actually read all the Percy Jackson books, they made a better movie. Whats wrong with Harry Potter, the acting is less then good. Why do critics praise these movies, Im almost 95% sure non of them have even picked up the book. Part 1 was distant and made the point unclear, part 2 was nothing more then action and effects. Watch if your a fan but no much Expand
AwesomeReviewerMar 26, 2012
The visuals and battle scenes are done well, like you would expect from a Harry Potter film or a grand epic. The movie itself felt like an epic, where battles were going on left and right, body counts were more than expected. However, I wishThe visuals and battle scenes are done well, like you would expect from a Harry Potter film or a grand epic. The movie itself felt like an epic, where battles were going on left and right, body counts were more than expected. However, I wish they had spent more time with some of the more major characters that lost their lives for Harry. They kind of just moved on after mourning for about 2 seconds. But donâ Expand
GentM2015Jun 10, 2015
An amazing and magic movie that concludes a series which has defined a whole generation.This movie lives up to the hype and brings us to the end we deserve with amazing Visual Effect,Acting and Direction.Thank you Harry Potter forAn amazing and magic movie that concludes a series which has defined a whole generation.This movie lives up to the hype and brings us to the end we deserve with amazing Visual Effect,Acting and Direction.Thank you Harry Potter for existing,these movies will live forever. Expand
StevieGJDJul 20, 2011
A very fitting end for the up and down series of films. Where Part 1 was plodding and more than a little slow, this movie is non-stop action. Maybe even too much so. It is well acted and shot. It was nice to see a number of the charactersA very fitting end for the up and down series of films. Where Part 1 was plodding and more than a little slow, this movie is non-stop action. Maybe even too much so. It is well acted and shot. It was nice to see a number of the characters from past movies back in the fold. The action is fast paced and fun to watch. But the end was a bit contrived and unnecessary. This is a good film, but I am shocked by the 10 ratings, Expand
Potter17Nov 1, 2011
All right, I have read the book so I was expecting much more from David Yates. This film should have been extremely sad and devastating and Yates changed it to an action flick. I also think they should have focus more on the deaths of ourAll right, I have read the book so I was expecting much more from David Yates. This film should have been extremely sad and devastating and Yates changed it to an action flick. I also think they should have focus more on the deaths of our beloved characters, but still Deathly Hallows, Part 2 remains as one of the top films on the franchise. The visual effects, score, makeup, art direction and cinematography are undeniably impressive and the acting is pretty good (Forget about everything you have seen so far, the whole cast gives their best performances here). Expand
SythusRATINGSOct 18, 2014
In Part 2 of the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the Wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make theIn Part 2 of the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the Wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here. Expand
davenbettridgeJul 17, 2011
To those reviewers who cant help but be black and white with their movie reviews by scoring a 10/10 just because they were entertained for 2 hours or a hated 1/10 because the movie didnt stay 100% faithful to the novel, I simply say that ItTo those reviewers who cant help but be black and white with their movie reviews by scoring a 10/10 just because they were entertained for 2 hours or a hated 1/10 because the movie didnt stay 100% faithful to the novel, I simply say that It could have been so easy to stuff these movies up, most movies fall flat with 3 sequels, but the Harry Potter series has been able to hold out on its quality, for the most part, at least to fans who have read the books. HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was fun, enjoyable and an entertaining closure to a long series. Did the film makers need to split the 7th HP book into two movies? Definitely No. but the film makers did pull it off, it wasnt perfect, nor was this the best Harry Potter movie but the film does work, despite some of the drama falling a little flat and for a few unintentional goofy moments. I did enjoy the last Harry Potter movie, and Im glad that the series is now over and we can move on. Expand
SchroederRockApr 16, 2012
Figuring out how to appropriately explain this film in a fair light is impossible. Without reading the books I can't say how much was left out. But what I can say is that, while the books are incredible (from what I hear), most movies areFiguring out how to appropriately explain this film in a fair light is impossible. Without reading the books I can't say how much was left out. But what I can say is that, while the books are incredible (from what I hear), most movies are not true screen adaptations that capture everything that might be important or wonderful from the text. Yates did a wonderful job wrapping up the series. Deathly Hallows Part 2 comes off as more engaging and more fun than Part 1 as a movie, given that there is a lot more going on, and ultimately ends up being one of the most enjoyable Harry Potter films of the whole series. I would have gladly given another 20 minutes for Yates & crew to explain and appropriately tie up the entire story as many fans (both those who enjoyed and were disappointed) have commented on. But what's done is done. It's not quite perfect, but it's a wonderful and successful ending to what has been one of the most important adaptations ever. I'll certainly miss seeing the world and characters of Harry Potter in new ways, but at least there were so many films to give breath visually to a series JK Rowling created... and in the scope of a childrens novel. The movie is great, and it leaves you wanting more as it makes an exit in "styyyle". Expand
CameraBounceGodMar 16, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this movie was great but i felt like it wasn't for adults...and instead it was for teens who are not adults yet.....anyway......the black kid there seems forced ....wade actually thought it was the other fat kid.....for a second there......whats abloody diadem.....i wanted malfoy to steal the diadem...just kidding....the ghost scene was pretty bad i thought....but its all good......voldemort was pissed there at the end there.....if we die for this im gonna kill you is lame......the kicking of the horcrux was badass.....he doesn'tseem to even want to keep nagini safe any more....before the night is out he will come to me...why does voldemort know that **** excellent question....maybe hes scene it in a vision....but didn't know about the way harry can come back from heaven....which i actually forget right now so i don't blame him.....LOL Expand
MonsieurEamesJul 12, 2012
Oh, wow. This movie deserves an 11. It's just so perfect in every way and so satisfying. I have nothing bad to say about it. Absolute masterpiece. Sad to have Harry Potter end, though. What a brilliant movie series!
HaithamBayazeedMay 11, 2013
It is the final epic war of the in-our-hearts franchise that will stay forever! It is great with visuals, story line and the acting, overall a great movie and a powerful ending for an ever lasting series!
potatoes351Aug 14, 2012
The Harry Potter saga has been a long and sometimes tedious one. However the final film puts all that behind it and continues with the brilliance that was Part 1 to bring the saga to its stunning conclusion. The good thing about having 2The Harry Potter saga has been a long and sometimes tedious one. However the final film puts all that behind it and continues with the brilliance that was Part 1 to bring the saga to its stunning conclusion. The good thing about having 2 films for the final book means they could cram more into it, make sure everything they could possibly get in was in, and that is exactly what has happened. Harry Potter is a series everyone should experience from beginning to end even with its stumbles in the middle. Expand
superbatJul 20, 2016
Even though this movie distances itself from the book, it is still the best in the franchise. I'm a huge fan of the books and I loved the movies (most of them). The acting reaches it's peak in this film. The special effects were really coolEven though this movie distances itself from the book, it is still the best in the franchise. I'm a huge fan of the books and I loved the movies (most of them). The acting reaches it's peak in this film. The special effects were really cool too. This is a cherry-on-top to the best book adaption series ever. Expand
Annoymous1Jul 10, 2013
Just watching this gets me teary-eyed. It's really sad to see Harry go, and just seeing Fred die, and Lupin and Snape and all the good guys die is depressing, but the movie was an absolute success, please bring back Harry!
sinadoomSep 28, 2011
The ending is predictable, but I like that. It's a great movie and really is an epic finale. A good way to end the series. There's not much more that could've been done to make this a better film.
DibbHansenJul 14, 2013
WOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magicalWOW! These are the words that I was thinking in every single scene in this film. Epic is written all over it, adventure and fantasy and heart are all contained within it. This film really does have heart and it brings the entire magical and amazing film series to a close in the best way possible. I love the way the film unfolds, emotionally and epically. The film is under the fine direction of David Yates, with the best acting ensemble ever brought into a film series (boasting for the three leads and Alan Rickman's performance), the visuals are spectacular (as always), the set designs are amazing (as always), the music is magical (Alexandre Desplat really delivers what we need to hear). This film is perfect in every way and is a movie event of a lifetime. Spectacular film. BEST film of the entire series and one of the BEST fantasy films ever made and one of the BEST films ever made. Simply magical. Expand
joao1198pedroNov 28, 2013
the last harry potter was the second best harry potter behind the third movie,but it was an epical film.My thanks to David Yates that after all it's an good director.
skyminsterJul 6, 2012
Harry potter and the deathly hallows is an awesome action/fantasy/sci-fi/drama/comedy movie, it does each one of those genres really well. It's brilliant. It has exciting action, great acting, an amazing plot which you can tell is reallyHarry potter and the deathly hallows is an awesome action/fantasy/sci-fi/drama/comedy movie, it does each one of those genres really well. It's brilliant. It has exciting action, great acting, an amazing plot which you can tell is really thought out well, very good music and brilliant character building for all the main and secondary characters. It's definitely the greatest harry potter movie, it truly deserves a 10/10, seriously, if you haven't seen this impressive and action-packed movie, I really recommend watching it! Expand
scrieciuJul 15, 2011
What a perfect way to end the famous, brilliant and epic Harry Potter series. Even tho I already knew what will happen in the movie (since I read all the books), it was still enjoyable to watch. It's hard to believe that there won't beWhat a perfect way to end the famous, brilliant and epic Harry Potter series. Even tho I already knew what will happen in the movie (since I read all the books), it was still enjoyable to watch. It's hard to believe that there won't be anymore movies. Everything that we were expecting to be in part 2 was there. It perfectly follows part 1. I was impressed by the dramatic ambiance. Sometimes, there were these long silence moments, which was perfect. You can easily get captivated by the story, like all the other movies and books. But the phenomenon and the intensity going one set a mark higher from all the other ones, because of this last battle, to finally defeat Voldemort. I'm glad that I had the chance to read the books and to watch some of the movies. Hope to see more from the actors (Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson) in the future. Expand
JawsLaxerDramaDec 20, 2012
You do realize that movies aren't the same as books. Books, on the whole, are much better because they are BOOKS. Not films. If the Potter films were actual "book/movies" they would be 8 hours long. I've read the books countless times, andYou do realize that movies aren't the same as books. Books, on the whole, are much better because they are BOOKS. Not films. If the Potter films were actual "book/movies" they would be 8 hours long. I've read the books countless times, and i'm telling you, this movie is great. It's not one of the classics, but it's amazing. I sobbed when i saw this with a friend. I'm telling you, right now, this is a beautiful cinematic experience that will last forever. One of my favorites, actually. Great, great, everything! Expand
DBPirate1129Jan 11, 2015
The epic thrilling conclusion to the Harry Potter series. It has amazing visuals, fantastic acting, wild thrills, and there are no scenes that you'll find drag on and on. Easily the best installment.
pinattarDec 29, 2011
NO, No, it cant be. it feels like my childhood has ended and there a hole in my heart. after 10 years of reading the books and watching the movies (in that order) the epic series has come to an end. now it would be a lie if i said that i wasNO, No, it cant be. it feels like my childhood has ended and there a hole in my heart. after 10 years of reading the books and watching the movies (in that order) the epic series has come to an end. now it would be a lie if i said that i was completely satisfied with the film, but after watching all of the adaptations of the books what was I really expecting? did i think that they would have everything that was in the book in the movie? no, of course not, if they did that it would have to have been split into three films. what they did do was the best adaptation they could possible do while still keeping true to the novel. sure there were thing that they cut that i wanted to see (especially the dark side of young Dumbledore story, which i was really really looking forward to. and the epilogue could have been longer and have more dialogue in my opinion, not really sure why they didn't do that actually) but want can you do, it's a long book. the movie itself was great, the acting from the three leads has really improved throughout the years and although there were some point in the film were it felt a little inorganic its nothing to complain about, the acting from everyone else was amazing the cinematography was excellent, i really liked the use of natural vast landscapes, great set design, costume, directing, writing, action scenes were incredible. it was a great ending to a great series.i do think if you haven't read the book you might enjoy it more, but at the same time you might understand less. there were certain things that they didn't explain the the film that you could only know if you read the book (like why they said you-know-how instead of his name). i would recommend to anyone (as if this review will actually affect people decision on whether of not they watch it, either you hate hp or you love hp), the only thing is that you should watch both parts together (in the same day, or the day after) especially if you haven't read the books. oh and if you haven't read the books read them, they're amazing (the reason i read today). Expand
JawsPapi87Aug 9, 2011
This was a perfect final installment. Everything from technical achievements to emotion and the surprisingly stellar performances especially from Fiennes and Rickman. It left me incredibly satisfied coming out of the theater. The perfectThis was a perfect final installment. Everything from technical achievements to emotion and the surprisingly stellar performances especially from Fiennes and Rickman. It left me incredibly satisfied coming out of the theater. The perfect ending to an excellent series. Expand
AReviewsJun 25, 2013
I could watch Harry Potter saga finale over and over again, it is amazing and one of the greatest movies ever made, it is certainly dazzling with effects and action sequences, it is one of the best and again certainly a great epic end to theI could watch Harry Potter saga finale over and over again, it is amazing and one of the greatest movies ever made, it is certainly dazzling with effects and action sequences, it is one of the best and again certainly a great epic end to the most lovable series of entertainment ever created. Expand
CRLJul 28, 2011
Overrated doesn't even begin to describe how terrible this movie was. I went into that theater about a week late, after my friends had raved about how spectacular it was. I expected a masterpiece. When I came out, I said "this is it?"Overrated doesn't even begin to describe how terrible this movie was. I went into that theater about a week late, after my friends had raved about how spectacular it was. I expected a masterpiece. When I came out, I said "this is it?" David Yates, after making his masterpiece in Part I, reverted back to what he'd been in Half-Blood Prince and chopped away half of the book, the result being a movie that reached a climax twenty minutes in and seemed to want to hold it for its entire running time. Everything about this film seemed rushed and abrupt, as if each scene was cut until there was almost nothing left. It jolts from one place to another, one climax to another, as if it has a dinner date that it has to keep and needs to finish as quickly as possible. Sadly, all of that overshadows what should be an Oscar-winning performance by Alan Rickman, and leaves you with a film that could have been so much more if it had just paid attention to detail and kept a little more to the source. Expand
Aaron_WassermanJun 1, 2016
Excellent movie and memorable finale! Made the whole series worthwhile and is the only time splitting a book into movies thus far even until 2016, that it has worked, and worked well.
RoscoJul 15, 2011
It All Ends Here! Sadly, it does all come to an end but the Harry Potter franchise surpasses every expectation and delivers a grandstand finale of epic proportion in what is an unmissable and unforgettable film experiences of all time. WithIt All Ends Here! Sadly, it does all come to an end but the Harry Potter franchise surpasses every expectation and delivers a grandstand finale of epic proportion in what is an unmissable and unforgettable film experiences of all time. With all the high expectations heading into The Deathly Hallows Part 2 it seemed impossible that this film could end up doing what does. Picking up from the tragic ending of Part 1 the film with Harry, Ron and Hermione searching for the remaining Horcruxes to destory Voldemort and Yates sets the tone very early on with an all out action raid on Gringotts bank. The only minor issue that I had with Part 1 was the pacing but this film runs at a very smooth and fast pace. One of the elements Yates displays very convincingly is the transformation in the atmosphere and feeling for the film. Long gone are the happy times of Quidditch, instead you now have the dark, gloomy skies, dragons, death-eaters and the Dark Lord himself. This works a treat because it not only emphasizes that this is the finale to this spectacular series but it makes it much more serious. There light-hearted moments but their timed to perfection and the focus is purely on the the final battle. And that is were this film excels overwhelmingly! The battle scenes were just extraordinary. Visually its encapsulating and mezmerising and once again gets across the epicness of this film. Its been compared to the LotR battle and rightly so its simply oustanding. The story was very well written, Yates manages to combine the story, the pace, the action and the acting incredibly well. One standout, as per usual, is Alan Rickman arguably the greatest performance of the Potter franchise as Severus Snape, he is magic as Snape as his true motives are revealed in what has to be some of the most emotional and poignant scenes of the movie but Daniel Radcliffe has his moment and delivers his best performance saving his best for last, he takes centre stage in the final third and is actually magestic. And there is plenty of emotion as expected after all this is it, the final Potter outing! There are sacrifices, deaths of much loved and maligned faces who we have come to love as well as the romance as Ron and Hermione share that much anticapted kiss. All this leading to the epic showdown between Harry Potter, the boy wonder, and Lord Voldemort. The epilogue in closing the film is very bittersweet seeing each character 19 years down the line was very moving as they sent their kids to Hogwarts but it brought this amazing series of films to a fantastic finish. In closing, I urge any film fan to see this movie. It is utterly essential to see the ending to this epic series. They have certainly saved the best for last and ensure that the greatest film franchise of all time ends in spectular and spell binding style! This film has everything a finale should have and will be remembered for years to come. Having grown up with the series since I was a little kid its sad to bid Harry and co farewell but Im left fully fulfilled and admiring the achievement they have delivered in this epic franchise. Mischief managed Harry, it was magic from start to finish! Expand
JTKelleyAug 10, 2012
I wanted to like this more... I really did, especially having grown up with the books. However, muddled plotting and copious amounts of expository dialogue, due to a rushed pace, kept this film from realizing its full potential.
AaronWasserman1Mar 26, 2016
JrAgujaIsAGleekJun 30, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I wish the movies would do the same job in concluding the Harry Potter series when the book did. Yes, it was satisfying, but nothing can beat the book.

As with the changes, I am mostly okay with it but I am still sad because without these changes, the movies would be more funner.

The only change I am not okay with Harry dancing with Hermione in Part 1. David Yates, your Harmione is showing. That is not okay at all. But at least you made it up with Ron and Hermione kissing in Part 2.

The special effects is up-par with this one. Very realistic and breath-taking.

The performances from the cast delivered their swan song to the Harry Potter series. Of course, it seems like the cast were born to play their roles which is great as I will always remember them as their roles.

The pace is action-packed and fast in Part 2. I wished the battle between Harry and Voldemort took place in the Great Hall because I want to see everyone to cheer for Harry.

Lastly, while they did make some cuts, I am glad they did not skim the entire book and it used its two parts wisely.

While it still didn't do justice to the book, the 2-part movie adaptation of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will satisfy both the fans of the book and the non-fans, which they will additionally enjoy the character development, performances and the special effects.
forestvilleMar 23, 2013
It was always customary to see in theaters from time to time a new Harry Potter movie. And honestly I only saw this in the cinema, because the final was a successful series so I felt I could perdermlo, for it to look that promised much andIt was always customary to see in theaters from time to time a new Harry Potter movie. And honestly I only saw this in the cinema, because the final was a successful series so I felt I could perdermlo, for it to look that promised much and that was a good ending to a good series.
The quality of the actors is incalculable, with its mere presence evokes an air of grandeur worthy of the epic battle that screen presence. Inequality of young players with veterans is evident to steal the attention with mere seconds, even so, it was inevitable to achieve some degree of equality that hopefully eventually succeed in their future careers remedy. A clear example is when Harry discovers that he must die, was to tear the terror is in those moments when you need to exploit by cruel fate, although the interpretation is sound without falling into melodrama, hoping to convey at least some anxiety and not their proprietary attitude calmudez poteriana of us already accustomed for a long time. Needless to say, a lot of passionate kisses that happen to be pinching speaking, that all they convey are laughs from the audience, so, I fail to be epic this film.
There are too many hits for the tape to receive their deserved recognition. One of many is the battle for Hogwarts, which happens to be attached visual effects spectacle brought to levels that rival the Lord of the Rings, easily could have changed the approach to the massive destruction suffered by the venerable school, but here lies a feature that many other movies they forget when we sell a dozen explosions in exchange of emotions that his characters suffer.
Is to recognize coherence Rowling to write an ending that does not betray its own rules.
Director David Yates to retaken every detail of the saga that turns into a memorama of past experiences. If anything has been fortunate to have the public's preferences, at least achieving transcend himself with this duo straps. Unfortunately not everything is magical during his leadership.
It's time to say goodbye to a magical world like no other. It was not a perfect film saga, Still, like no other Hogwarts. Goodbye Potter.

A good farewell to you.
My Score: 9.6
tonyGreenAug 5, 2011
As a non-believer in the Harry Potter franchise I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Although my understanding of the plot was restricted by my general ignorance of the preceding movies, the plot is fairly linear and easy to follow. ForAs a non-believer in the Harry Potter franchise I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Although my understanding of the plot was restricted by my general ignorance of the preceding movies, the plot is fairly linear and easy to follow. For me the winner is the CGI, quite simply the best I have seen to date. Absolutely flawless and a lot of really nice close-up details. Stunning without ever being too much. And utterly real feeling. True Harry Potter fans will love this film I'm sure, and even as a non-fan I enjoyed it, a solid 7/10 for me. Expand
NJWolfgangMay 15, 2012
The first time I saw this I was caught up in all the effects and a lot of the plot and story got lost in the shuffle. Viewing it a second time I realized how taut the script for this final installment was. The screenplay for this lastThe first time I saw this I was caught up in all the effects and a lot of the plot and story got lost in the shuffle. Viewing it a second time I realized how taut the script for this final installment was. The screenplay for this last vision is very tight and well written. The effects are outstanding. After many years of Harry Potter I have a few complaints and one is turning Emma Watson into this whiney frump girl who seems to be on the verge of hopelessness like she popped a pill every morning. Radcliffe has certainly matured and grown into this role. The Producers were lucky to find him and lucky he was perfect for Harry. This was the best of all the Potter films in my opinion and one of the best films of 2011 if not the best. Expand
AtTheMoviesJul 15, 2011
Deathly Hallows Part 2 is easily the best Harry Potter movie. As basically every sane person has been saying, it successfully closes the best movie franchise in existence. Some of the scenes get an emotional reaction that I didn't thinkDeathly Hallows Part 2 is easily the best Harry Potter movie. As basically every sane person has been saying, it successfully closes the best movie franchise in existence. Some of the scenes get an emotional reaction that I didn't think possible from a series originally thought of as being for kids. Any person with actual human emotion will be in tears, or on the verge of it from when Snape dies, until after Harry has used the Resurrection Stone. The acting is at the apex of the entire series, and although the score is not the most magical, it is the most dramatic and fitting for the atmosphere of the movie. The special effects seem incredibly real. We finally got to see some bad-ass scenes from some people that if you read the book, knew were bad-ass (Mrs. Weasely, McGonagall). All in all, a perfect end to the most magical and best series in modern film-making. Expand
TimeOfTheChimpsJan 24, 2014
A powerful ending to one of the most beloved franchises in movie history. Superb acting, powerful tone-throttling music, and a variety of special effects make this a gem for everyone to see.
AaronWasserman2May 4, 2014
The final film ends on a hugely strong note. This being the best of the series by far. The stars have grown to wonderful actors and actresses. the music is epic. the violence is cool and its sad to see it all end. It was overall a greatThe final film ends on a hugely strong note. This being the best of the series by far. The stars have grown to wonderful actors and actresses. the music is epic. the violence is cool and its sad to see it all end. It was overall a great series that can be revisited over and over again. Expand
WiesyJan 17, 2013
This is the best Harry Potter movie i've ever seen
CPD98Oct 16, 2014
La última entrega de Harry Potter... no hay palabras para describir lo que sentí en 2011.
No es la mejor peli de la saga pero estuve en tensión todo el rato, disfrutando cada minuto. Cuando acabó, se podría decir que acabó una etapa de mi vida... No habrá otra saga igual.

PD: para no hacer muchos análisis, las pelis de HP de mejor a peor por orden ascendente (aunque todas son perfectas para mí):

-HP4 (la mas espectacular, la que mas veces he visto y también la mas distraída en mi opinión).

-HP7 P1 (fue la mas curiosa, ni siquiera salía Hogwarts pero fue una maravilla, se me pasó volando). El final es el mas triste de toda la saga.

-HP6 (muchos la critican pero creo que es con la que mas me he reído de todas).

-HP2 (Dobby, el basilisco, el coche volador, la família de Ron, el padre de Malfoy... ¿Hace falta decir más?)

-HP1 (la primera es la primera, la más mágica e inocente, tiene algo que la hace encantadora.)

-HP7 P2 (todo acción, quizás le faltó el humor pero fue muy emocionante, con grandes momentos.)

-HP3 (cambió bastante de las dos primeras, no me gustó tanto pero la trama de los viajes al pasado y los hombres lobo la hacían genial también.)

-HP5 (la mas lenta de todas, con una profesora insoportable pero un tramo final que recompensaba todo lo demás.)

En fin, una saga inolvidable. Imprescindible.
MagnificentMDec 22, 2011
This was an amazing end to a series of (mostly) great movies. Though it may be difficult to watch for some fans of the book (like me) without being slightly disappointed with all of the things left out of the movies, but it stands very wellThis was an amazing end to a series of (mostly) great movies. Though it may be difficult to watch for some fans of the book (like me) without being slightly disappointed with all of the things left out of the movies, but it stands very well on its own. The best part of the movie for me were the performances of Alan Rickman as Snape (especially during the scene in the Pensive) and Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort which were both perfect. There were also great visual effects and a beautiful score by Alexandre Desplat though the epilogue was pretty terrible in my opinion. Still, it was a satisfying, and well made conclusion to the phenomenon that my entire generation has grown up reading and loving. Expand
jfrotylpe532Dec 21, 2012
It's hard to put it into words but I thought that this was legit even better than the book. The action sequences were sorten but that's not was makes a good film. Excitement and plot make a good film and that's exactly what the last Harry Potter did.
TheGorillaOct 30, 2011
This one comes out a little weaker than the first part. It had some cliches which I couldn't stomach, and which is unusual when it comes to HP movies. It's my least favorite HP movie.
FIlmsareawesomeAug 31, 2011
The Perfect Ending to a Perfect Collection. The Fight between Harry Potter and Voldemort was epic, is going to be remember until the end of times. The effects, the acting, the directing, the sound, everything was so good, I really believeThe Perfect Ending to a Perfect Collection. The Fight between Harry Potter and Voldemort was epic, is going to be remember until the end of times. The effects, the acting, the directing, the sound, everything was so good, I really believe this was the best movie of all the Harry Potter films. The Only thing i have to say that could have been better is the battles between some of the death eaters and the Hogwarts students, and Molly and Bellatrix, but that was just a detail, but I would like to see it anyway. A Special thanks has to be given to J.K. Rowling and David Yates. Expand
alexandergreenSep 4, 2011
This is the only Harry Potter book I have not read, so I saw these final two instalments with no idea what to expect. The result, was fairly disappointing, despite a fantastic sequence involving Snape. It all seemed a bit too muddled around,This is the only Harry Potter book I have not read, so I saw these final two instalments with no idea what to expect. The result, was fairly disappointing, despite a fantastic sequence involving Snape. It all seemed a bit too muddled around, and it didn't feel as epic as it could have been. As for the ending, well, it was never going to be easy to transfer what happens onto the big screen, and they did an okay job of it, but it's still pretty stupid. Expand
gNov 12, 2016
Whenever the final chapter is now adapted, the final chapter is the end of the series which comforts everybody to ever see the last installment of Harry Potter. Every film from the book series has worked well.