7.0

1. Dec 17, 2011
    Dazzling visuals, some incredible performances stand out Emma Watson, and some emotional depth make this easily one of the best film's in the franchise. I give this film 95% of a good movie.
  2. Dec 2, 2010
    The atmosphere sets the tone, PERFECTLY for this dark adaptation! It's the grittiest Potter film out, and everything about this film is directed impeccably, from the eerie orchestration to the incredible cast of bright characters in the perpetually perennial flick.
  3. Jun 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Half-Blood Prince is one of the best Potter films. It is dark, emotional, and sleek. The acting is great (especially Alan Rickman) and as always the score is stunning. Those who haven't read the books will find it better then those who have, but fans of the book will still love this. I didn't much like how they sort of brushed over the very important Half-Blood Prince thing, and just have Snape randomly say it at the end. But that aside, this is still a fantastic movie. Expand
  4. Aug 27, 2010
    If you can resist the fanboy urge to pick apart every plot detail and scour all the scenes for inaccuracies, you'll find yourself watching probably one of the most enjoyable and well-crafted movie in the film series so far (but I think by now it's just become a sad tradition for the movies to have cop-out endings...)
  5. Oct 3, 2010
    The series only continues to get better! This film is definitely the funniest Harry Potter film so far, as well as the most emotional, and its definitely up there for entertainment as well. The middle section of the plot is slow and not much happens, however this is made up for by the brilliant opening and climax. The acting is the best so far and the visuals are stunning, this is truly an excellent film and I found it highly enjoyable, despite a few flaws and areas that I would change here and there. If you're looking for pure action though, this is not the film for you, and perhaps that is one of the few let downs of this film. 'Deathly Hallows' will hopefully improve on that. Expand
  6. Nov 7, 2010
    Absolutely satisfying! Atmospheric and darker than any previous film, it succeeds in staying loyal to the book as it brings on screen all the things we loved from J.K. Rowling. Superb visual effects and score! It is really epic! Daniel, Emma and Rupert prove their talent! I was really amazed about how all these inversions in the plot fit only in a two and a half hour film! Loved it!
  7. Nov 22, 2010
    As the 6th one begins, not only Hogwarts is in danger, but the muggle world too. No longer Harry is a small child that was almost killed by the darkest and one of the most powerful wizards in history, but fans know that the end is near. Soon Voldemort will come out of hiding and meet Harry. Fans will find the secret to Voldemort's immortality and the wizarding world could never have been more dangerous. He still has Ron and Hermoine to look up to, but it is no more fun and games. The movie however, was. Impressive special effects and groundbreaking sequences events, turn this into one of the most intense films of the entire franchise. David Yates amazes me again, and audiences will be anticipating the end for the final 7th installment of one of the world's most successful franchises. Expand
  8. Jul 19, 2011
    This has to be the best Potter movie.
  9. Apr 17, 2011
    Watched it today, and i liked it. i loved to watch my fantasy which was the book come to life so i can not only watch but read my way along side harry and his friends battle throughout the wizarding world. except for cut out scenes, and edits to scenes changing what i viewed in the book, i loved it
  10. Jul 10, 2011
    The best film in the Harry Potter Franchise so far. Half-Blood Prince is exciting, refreshing and stands on it's own. Some of the Potter films lack whither it is story line or direction. The Half-Blood Prince finally completes the triple threat well acted, perfectly directed with a killer script.
  11. Nov 4, 2011
    An excellently crafted sixth installment in the most successful film franchise in history. It's dark, intense, emotional and occasionally quite funny as teenage hormones run rampant throughout the halls of Hogwarts, despite many additions and cut-outs from the story. Not like it matters, but it's just a little disappointing for the die hard fans. Also I found that the pace was a little too slow, thus weakening the momentum of the film. 3 1/2 out 4 stars. Expand
  12. May 25, 2012
    The series still entertains after this many movies.
  13. Dec 7, 2011
    I havent liked the HP series that much so I didnt have a lot of hope for this film but I was suprised that I actually really liked it. I thought it did a good job staying true to the book and it was nice to see Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) get more screen time and show off his skills - Unlike the other films hes in. It was well worth watching.
  14. Aug 16, 2013
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is a 2009 fantasy film directed by David Yates with Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Michael Gambon.
    After detecting the wizarding world the truth about the return of Voldemort, Harry Potter begins the sixth year at Hogwarts witchcraft. In this installment of the series, in addition to having to deal with his own adolescence, Harry
    must help Dumbledore discover a dark secret about the Dark Lord and to do so will have to rummage in the past of one who must not be named.
    This film adaptation of JK Rowling is better than the fifth chapter (also directed by Yates). There have been many improvements in director David Yates. Meanwhile, on a visual level we have seen improvements in special effects and set design (which in the Order of the Phoenix could be better exploited), but especially for the photography of the film that has been used well and gave us shots of landscapes really beautiful.
    The only flaw of the film is the script. Have relied heavily on young love and adolescence leaving out some details regarding the mystery regarding Voldemort which made it a little more difficult for people who have not read the books of Rowling understand the storyline. The error of the film was also to add, in the romantic moments, scenes that can be defined a little ridiculous. For the rest of the film features a great cast of actors among which Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman and Tom Felton. The latter has fared very well in the role of Draco Malfoy.
  15. Jan 7, 2013
    This is the first time in this series where I can honestly say that the movie was every bit as good as the book... though, for different reasons. You see, there is not all that much adventure and action sequences in the book so, while it doesn't drag because the characters are and plot development is outstanding, it still felt a bit on the long side. This caters perfectly for the movie. The challenges in fitting in all sorts of scenes are completely different than those in fitting in various emotions, which is what they faced when making this movie. In capturing those emotions, thoughts, moments of internal conflict, etc. they did a fantastic job. The only thing I thought they could've done a better job of was making Dumbledore's exit a bit more emotional like it was in the book. Still though, they did a great job there in general so that's not the reason I didn't give it a perfect ten. That reason lies with the fact that they hinted towards things in this movie that were not so profound in the book. I have not finished the final book yet so I can only speculate on some of the things I was already wondering but it seems as though, regarding Severus Snape, that they took advantage of knowing the ending of the entire story rather than the particular book itself. By knowing this, it seems as though they hint a little more at certain elements of the story than the book did causing you to think entirely differently about the act that took place. Nonetheless, this movie was still outstanding and I look forward to watching the final one(s). Expand
  16. Mar 21, 2012
    After Yates' not-so-great direction for Order of the Phoenix, he really re-builds the series back up again with Half-Blood Prince! Although there were quite a few changes between the movie and the book (e.g. Harry was at a restaurant hitting on the waitress, being picked up by Dumbledore, instead of them two speaking with Dursleys; The Burrow was never attack and burnt down), the sorrows, the 'young love!', the funnies, those emotions made the movie feel stronger. So, in the not-so-far end, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince discovers itself at a 9.5/10 or ****! You can also find this review at http://s-me.weebly.com/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-2009.html! Expand
  17. Mar 28, 2012
    The most dark chapter of the saga. I think that is really interesting, but have a big problem, much of the magic things in the other films, don't stay in the six part. Is good, dark, but some strange.
  18. Jul 12, 2012
    Another winner for Mr. Yates! He does a terrific job changing the tone from sad, to scary, and even to funny. And the humor is this film is great! It had me laughing out loud at several scenes. Oh, the magic!
  19. Nov 10, 2012
    I love this Potter! Paranoia is pumping in the veins of Hogwarts. Yates does a brilliant job with number 6. It is dark and gloomy, but also quite funny. Although humor and darkness make themselves presence, one can't ignore the feeling of sadness. Well done!
  20. May 10, 2013
    Harry Potter is a lot more darker than ever it is defiantly a PG-13, it is turning to sexual subjects, a darker past but a well pleasing art!
  21. Mar 31, 2013
    The Half-Blood Prince is my favorite book of the entire series of HP, but I can not say the same for the movie is very good, but something is not completely convinced. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the book, is undoubtedly one of the strongest chapters in the saga of the boy wizard, not only marked by the evolution of the characters, but by the presence of factors that keep the fabric of the child for get into a world more real, closer to us, more full of risk, of chiaroscuro, of stories that sometimes conclude without happy endings.
    It's not easy to turn the book into a film, as it is one of the most extensive histories of the saga of the boy wizard Potter, but David Yates's film (his second in the series) refreshes the collection and shows a visual maturity that is not seen much in recent deliveries, bringing it to dramatic German Expressionism, highlighting a picture of it and a more elaborate edition repeatedly surprised by their creativity, not to mention the special effects are still remarkably good.

The problem that has had the cast from the fourth movie (Goblet of Fire) is not acting with the feeling that they must act according to their role. Not that I do not, but it is very minimal and so this feeling is not to be transmitted in each scene, the only ones who have managed to get all the juice in your paper are: Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore, Jim Broadbent as Horance Slughorn and surprise, Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy, who mingles with hate weakness. Daniel Radcliffe was almost there too, but in the final scenes do not make it, I miss you put more feeling into his role in those scenes.
    The best scenes are certainly: The hijacking of the wands to comiezo maker, makes the viewer is encouraged to see it complete, that was my caso.Tambien and best of all is the cave where Dumbledore and the young Potter one fora seeking to destroy the Dark Lord, the Horcrux and also the sad Dumbledore dies, the movie that made striking, except for some performances of the cast, but anyway, give emotion to the movie.
    Although the film may well be said to be a set of chiaroscuro, (in all senses), it is also a product that is worth to be seen and enjoyed by all, but especially by fans of the series, who, with the support of book, with much greater intensity live the experience.
    My Score: 8.6
  22. Sep 8, 2013
    This one was an exceptional movie. The cinematography was beautiful, the story was interesting and engaging and it starts to introduce us to the bitter end of the beloved climax. Overall, a beautiful Harry Potter film. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel, "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies.
  23. Mar 15, 2014
    Perhaps the best in the movie series, and the movie of the year. Despite disappointing some cinema-goers with a total remove of the fun and playful magic seen in the earliest movies the film stays as close as it can to it's page-turning roots. The life and death of the later books are well reflected in this movies. With only some disappointments to the book-readers such as the anti climax "fight" at the end. Managing to retain most of the actors youthful appearances added to the atmosphere. This proves any doubters harry potter can still make a fantastic translation to the screen. Expand
  24. Jun 14, 2013
    Among more hits and less error Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is better than its predecessor!

Now all believe that Voldemort has returned, Harry is the chosen one and the danger this higher, but this does not mean that there is no time for love and humor. Yes we are talking about Rupert Grint showing that Ron is more than a great friend besides Tom Felton also has its highlight,
    along with Emma Watson and Evanna Lynch HP6 is a great movie recovers all missing in HP5, more suspense, romace, humor and drama effects, soundtrack, art direction are the better of the first six films besides Helena Bonham Carter, Alan R. give their best for two main characters.

The only two things that made missing: more action scenes and some of the memories of Voldemort
  25. Jun 25, 2013
    Note: The following movie is darker than a usual PG movie, so for the best, it is certainly a PG-13 movie with more romance, another important note, it may causes a shock from how outstanding the visuals are, and the story is just magical, and another note, this sequel proves that Harry Potter saga is everlasting movies and books, that will be written in our hearts for life.
  26. Jul 14, 2013
    This film is fantastic! Full of fantasy, comedy, heart, emotion, a very well written script (while it may not be 100% faithful to the book, it still keeps in the most important parts and adds some great stuff in there), awesome cinematography, spectacular acting (everyone in here is fantastic!), eye popping visuals and beautiful music (Nicholas Hooper really does a perfect job here): this film boasts it all. This is another one of the BEST Harry Potter films. Expand
  27. Oct 24, 2013
    'The Half Blood-Prince' gives fans and viewers looking for both character-driven stories as well as more tense, dark magical premises the best of both worlds.
  28. Oct 18, 2014
    Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort's defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Meanwhile, one student remains aloof. He is determined to make his mark, albeit a dark one. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again. Expand

1. David Yates, in his go at the helm, throws the emphasis on the gathering storm clouds even as Harry and his fellow wizardry students make further discoveries involving the opposite sex.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Dazzlingly well made and perhaps deliberately less fanciful than the previous entries, this one is played in a mode closer to palpable life-or-death drama than any of the others and is quite effective as such.
  3. Reviewed by: Angie Errigo
    We're marking time before the final battle between Good and Evil, with the promised darkness sitting somewhat clumsily with teen romance and humour.