6.3

1. Jan 3, 2015
    A war movie that transformed into a law-movie - and later, into some kind of drama. The beginning was good, but by the end of the movie I grew to be a little disappointed. The characters were seemingly given depth - and no depth at all. All in all it is a pretty good movie, but everything was as if "half-way done". And Colin Farrell definitely starred this one - Bruce Willis' character wasA war movie that transformed into a law-movie - and later, into some kind of drama. The beginning was good, but by the end of the movie I grew to be a little disappointed. The characters were seemingly given depth - and no depth at all. All in all it is a pretty good movie, but everything was as if "half-way done". And Colin Farrell definitely starred this one - Bruce Willis' character was pretty "macho" all the time, but never really proved himself. As if he had no reason to (so, he didn't convince me). Expand
  2. FrankO.
    Jan 25, 2006
    Disappointed in this film, the book by John Katzenbach was so much better in terms of tension and suspense. Willis was good, first time I noticed Terrance Howard who I enjoy as an actor. Way too long.
  3. SylvieT.
    Jan 18, 2010
    Couldn't even finish watching it. If there had never been a WWII movie made, ever, this would have been a good representation. Failed to deliver anything 'new'. I just got bored and left.
  4. MichaelF.
    Apr 1, 2002
    Starts off great but gets worse and worse. The movie brings up some good points and acually becomes a quite engrossing court-room drama. Then the whole honor thing and the actor who plays the defendant has some horrible writing to go with his character. Willis gave a fine, nothing special, performance. But Farrel is great, as usual. It just gets silly. Not great writing.
  5. OmarT.
    Jul 18, 2002
    Surprise!!! Amazing and classic film. Farrell is a great actor.
  6. RachelK.
    Sep 28, 2002
    This was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. I enjoyed it throughly.
  7. JasonP.
    Jan 11, 2004
    Awesome movie. well reasearched and developed. colin farell is an amazing actor.
  8. TonyB.
    Sep 19, 2005
    What a shame that this fine film was not recognized by the critics or promoted effectively by MGM.
  9. NikkiS.
    Dec 11, 2002
    Greatest Movie.
  10. Oct 29, 2015
    I have not read the book and I didn't know what to expect, but I liked this movie. I think it took a somewhat different approach than what we usually see in war films.

Could have been a contender, but it lacks the courage of its own ambivalence.
    The movie's exploration of prejudice within the military is certainly on target, but it's presented with all the finesse of a classroom civics lesson.
    A mildly psychological suspense thriller with military trappings.