Anchor Bay Entertainment | Release Date: September 7, 2007
8.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 61 Ratings
WATCH NOW
JustinL.Sep 16, 2007
I have to fully agree with AJ's comment. I went to see this with my roommate who tends to be pretty critical in general... and even he got that this movie is a throw back to old school (late 70's early 80's) slasher movies. I have to fully agree with AJ's comment. I went to see this with my roommate who tends to be pretty critical in general... and even he got that this movie is a throw back to old school (late 70's early 80's) slasher movies. One of the characters was in One Crazy Summer (with John Candy) and another was in a lot of sci fi and tv related projects. Point being... the whole feel and flow of this movie definitely followed along the lines of the classics, from the bad jokes to the gory murders. Expand
BillyZ.Sep 14, 2007
Wow! Funny as hell, not very 'dark', and I think I jumped outta my seat about 10 times. Such a HUGE relief from the gore-dependent movies of late (Saw, High tension, etc...). It's funny, retro, scary, and even a little sad awww.
A.J.M.Sep 9, 2007
If you're an old school slasher fan, this is the flick for you. Gory, hilarious, and an all-around good time. Horror enthusiasts will get something they've been waiting to see on the big screen for a long, LONG, time. Go see it!
MichaelFeb 7, 2008
extremely entertaining. unlike every horror movie thats come out lately (Saw, Hostel, The Eye, ect.) this movie isn't depressing and dark. Its all just gory over the top fun.
AReviewsJun 16, 2013
Honestly, I thought it would be scarier, but unlike any slasher films, Hatchet delivers a funny creepy time, with great gore, and interesting story, although the characters make stupid decisions sometimes, and the movie doesn't takes it selfHonestly, I thought it would be scarier, but unlike any slasher films, Hatchet delivers a funny creepy time, with great gore, and interesting story, although the characters make stupid decisions sometimes, and the movie doesn't takes it self seriously, it is still good and powerful! Expand
Enrique20Jun 21, 2013
This film is charming and something new in horror movies, is not the same like others movies. Is scary with a strong plot and excellent performances in this film.
FilmVirtueAug 5, 2014
This graphic slasher flick brings a lot of campy acting from It's cast and a strange creation from It's director, Hatchet just manages to make it as a decent horror film.
Meth-dudeMar 19, 2016
Hatchet is entertaining at best. But, apart from the surprisingly great practical effects and the gory killings, the movie is not really interesting and it was predictable.I understand that it was an homage to older slasher movies but, itHatchet is entertaining at best. But, apart from the surprisingly great practical effects and the gory killings, the movie is not really interesting and it was predictable.I understand that it was an homage to older slasher movies but, it just wasn't that good. Expand