8.1

1. JustinL.
    Sep 16, 2007
    I have to fully agree with AJ's comment. I went to see this with my roommate who tends to be pretty critical in general... and even he got that this movie is a throw back to old school (late 70's early 80's) slasher movies. One of the characters was in One Crazy Summer (with John Candy) and another was in a lot of sci fi and tv related projects. Point being... the whole I have to fully agree with AJ's comment. I went to see this with my roommate who tends to be pretty critical in general... and even he got that this movie is a throw back to old school (late 70's early 80's) slasher movies. One of the characters was in One Crazy Summer (with John Candy) and another was in a lot of sci fi and tv related projects. Point being... the whole feel and flow of this movie definitely followed along the lines of the classics, from the bad jokes to the gory murders. Expand
  2. BillyZ.
    Sep 14, 2007
    Wow! Funny as hell, not very 'dark', and I think I jumped outta my seat about 10 times. Such a HUGE relief from the gore-dependent movies of late (Saw, High tension, etc...). It's funny, retro, scary, and even a little sad awww.
  3. A.J.M.
    Sep 9, 2007
    If you're an old school slasher fan, this is the flick for you. Gory, hilarious, and an all-around good time. Horror enthusiasts will get something they've been waiting to see on the big screen for a long, LONG, time. Go see it!
  4. Michael
    Feb 7, 2008
    extremely entertaining. unlike every horror movie thats come out lately (Saw, Hostel, The Eye, ect.) this movie isn't depressing and dark. Its all just gory over the top fun.
  5. Jun 16, 2013
    Honestly, I thought it would be scarier, but unlike any slasher films, Hatchet delivers a funny creepy time, with great gore, and interesting story, although the characters make stupid decisions sometimes, and the movie doesn't takes it self seriously, it is still good and powerful!
  6. Jun 21, 2013
    This film is charming and something new in horror movies, is not the same like others movies. Is scary with a strong plot and excellent performances in this film.
  7. Aug 5, 2014
    This graphic slasher flick brings a lot of campy acting from It's cast and a strange creation from It's director, Hatchet just manages to make it as a decent horror film.

This horror comedy is loaded with decapitations, bodies torn in two and spewing blood, and yet, unlike the grim, torture-filled gore-fests of late, Hatchet’s mayhem is so giddily over-the-top that you end up applauding the low-budget aplomb of it all.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Schueller
    This is not a film intended for a wide audience. But B-movie fans who find their way to Adam Green's gory schlock extravaganza are going to like it.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael Ordona
    Even after appropriately lowering expectations, it's kind to call this one a cut below.