6.9

1. Jun 27, 2014
    I don't understand why the movie has so many bad critics as I found the movie very interesting and didn't want it to end. I would have watched it again for sure. I think it was a nice story and sometimes took one by surprise.
  2. Sep 30, 2013
    Chloe was awesome in this film. I cant believe that the critics don't like this movie. there is nothing wrong with it the storyline is good, the acting is great, and it is fun to watch. this movie is awesome.
  3. Aug 5, 2013
    Hick feels at times like a pointless movie that has an Indie vibe to it but the performances by Chloe Grace Moretz, Blake Lively, and Eddie Redmayne keep you engaged. Moretz is young but she's a star in waiting. She manages to perfectly capture the essence of a teenager and the conflicting emotions you're bombarded with when you feel lost and alone in life. The plot drags but again, the hopelessness of Moretz's situation and how the characters around her are affected and affect the course of actions that play out are enough. Expand
  4. Jul 6, 2013
    I first have to say that I have no problems with the performances; everyone did a great job in that department. Throughout the film Luli is drawing in a sketch book as she narrates and I really liked the simplicity of the drawings. No, what let it down (IMO) was a poorly put together script. They say it’s a bad idea to let the writer of a novel attempt the screenplay and I suspect this is a case in point. It probably works very well as a book, but it really didn’t work on the screen in this form. I like the actors fine but I found little to like in the characters. Our main focus, Luli, has very few redeeming features; she was a victim of circumstance all the way through and I found it quite frustrating to watch I’m afraid. Sadly not one I can recommend.

SteelMonster’s verdict: NOT RECOMMENDED

My score: 4.9/10
  5. May 25, 2013
    This certainly isn't a good film for the star Chloe Grace Moretz to continue her career with. Not long after the visually stunning Hugo. But it's really not too bad when you come to think of other movies which came out in the same year and genre.
  6. Mar 28, 2013
    I don't understand why people dislike this movie. It was pretty good. The story was comical and cool. The acting was good. It's not my favorite movie but it's definitely a movie worth seeing.
  7. Oct 6, 2012
    Good movie. The, sometimes disturbing, interactions between characters were fascinating and the narative was very well paced. I dont understand why its been panned so badly by critics.
  8. Sep 18, 2012
    I'm not going to lie I was pretty entertained watching the whole thing, but really confused where they were trying to go with this, but still entertaining to watch.
  9. Jun 2, 2012
    such a bad movie. what is it a comedy, a travel movie, a dark comedy, a roamnce, a drama, a coming or age, it just jumps from one to the other. the dialogue it just awful and so boring. there is no plot at all, it just kind of drags along. i still don't know what the movie is about. most the performances all seemed phoned it, although i do have to give a little credit to Chloë Grace because i did feel like she was trying , but unfortunately she wasn't. also her character was really poorly written, she kept going back and forth from adult to child. and it was a waste of Alec Baldwin's talent. just a really bad movie. do not see it. Collapse

1. Reviewed by: Roger Ebert
    May 23, 2012
    I cringed.
  2. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    May 16, 2012
    For a movie that deals with rape, criminality, and even racks up a real body count, Hick is whisper-thin and instantly forgettable.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    May 14, 2012
    One of the most positive comments that can be made about Hick is that it advances Chloe Grace Moretz's claim to be one of the best young actresses emerging into today's spotlight.