6.0

1. May 4, 2014
    A great cast all headed up by the always enjoyable Jason Statham in this action-thriller. I enjoyed the backwoods setting and the crazy redneck characters. They really give the film a darker, dirtier feel. The action is entertaining, and while the plot may feel old to some is still works. It can be slow at some parts for a while, but Statham and Franco managed to keep me invested while theA great cast all headed up by the always enjoyable Jason Statham in this action-thriller. I enjoyed the backwoods setting and the crazy redneck characters. They really give the film a darker, dirtier feel. The action is entertaining, and while the plot may feel old to some is still works. It can be slow at some parts for a while, but Statham and Franco managed to keep me invested while the tension built up. I found it to be a great action film, and one I recommend to any Statham fan. I give it an 8.6/10=Great. Expand
  2. Nov 27, 2013
    jason statham rock as always..film is above average..watchable action thriller..! story is bit old style....but film's postive is the star cast,stylish performances,and i like tat cute girl too..over all i give 7 out of 10
  3. Mar 16, 2015
    This is an underappreciated typical movie, because I found it to have an unusual amount of grounded emotions. I just saw Lethal Weapon and that movie is terrible compared to this, but receives a much higher rating. I'm not a big action movie person, but even here there is Statham taking down multiple people has some big explosions with chase scenes, but it's not Transporter 2, and someThis is an underappreciated typical movie, because I found it to have an unusual amount of grounded emotions. I just saw Lethal Weapon and that movie is terrible compared to this, but receives a much higher rating. I'm not a big action movie person, but even here there is Statham taking down multiple people has some big explosions with chase scenes, but it's not Transporter 2, and some people don't like that. James Franco particularly made an effortlessly deep character that makes a normal guy a great villain. The acting wasn't bad for anyone, really--This is just a solid movie. Expand
  4. Mar 20, 2015
    Sylvester Stallone's screenplay of a Chuck Logan film adaptation is rising at it's own bad ass level. We know that Jason Statham likes to be on the "action genre," he wouldn't even care if the script is a mediocre or it sucks! he wouldn't care he just loves the action. In "Homefront" a former agent moves to this town with his daughter, he doesn't know what he is getting himself into!Sylvester Stallone's screenplay of a Chuck Logan film adaptation is rising at it's own bad ass level. We know that Jason Statham likes to be on the "action genre," he wouldn't even care if the script is a mediocre or it sucks! he wouldn't care he just loves the action. In "Homefront" a former agent moves to this town with his daughter, he doesn't know what he is getting himself into! then he tangles with a meth dealer (James Franco), if there is one we love is how director Gary Fleder makes Statham looks wild and crazy on the camera, with the camera. The film can be entertaining ah the daughter is annoying and there can be times when characters are just to dumb. Grade B Expand
  5. Mar 15, 2015
    The acting is pretty good and the action sequences are intense.Unfortunately for the movie he is predictable and there is not a lot of action.Plus,they try to make us think that there will be a big final fight between Jason and James but he just punch him a couple of times and it's over.
  6. Jun 29, 2014
    When you combine Action with Drama, you had better have a damn good story to go along with the tremendous fight scenes and wild chases, or else you get a film that falls flat. We all know that at this point, Jason Statham is the best Action star you could have, but the jury was out on how effect he could be in a more dramatic role. In Home Front, Statham plays a retired undercover D.E.A.When you combine Action with Drama, you had better have a damn good story to go along with the tremendous fight scenes and wild chases, or else you get a film that falls flat. We all know that at this point, Jason Statham is the best Action star you could have, but the jury was out on how effect he could be in a more dramatic role. In Home Front, Statham plays a retired undercover D.E.A. agent, who has recently become a single father. He and his daughter have moved from the big city to the small town, which his late wife called home, in the hopes of building a better life. Everything was going as planned until his daughter, stood up to a bully at school, and embarrassed the son of one the towns most influential families. The simple misunderstanding between children quickly escalates into an all out war, which will force Statham to use everything he learned in the D.E.A. to protect his daughter and his new home. Once again, Jason Statham was terrific in this film. It is mind boggling and seems to be impossible, but every film this man does is better than the one before it. He is on a winning streak, the likes of which I have never seen. Statham was terrific, but oddly, he's paired with an actor who doesn't have much experience playing the bad guy and it showed. James Franco plays Gator Bodine, a small time hood and drug trafficker, who goes after Statham with everything he's got, the only problem is, Bodine really isn't that bad a guy. In fact, when Franco starts cursing and playing all tough, it's almost laughable, not to mention the fact that he doesn't have a tenth of the fighting skills that Statham has. Being that this was a big budget film, Written by Sylvester Stallone (Rocky), Directed by Gary Fleder (Kiss The Girls, Runaway Jury), and starting the best action star in the game (Jason Statham), it's very peculiar that they would choose a bad guy, who is best known as a comedic actor. While the story was great, Franco simply can not match up with Statham at all. Homefront has almost everything you could want in a Thriller, but the lack of a strong, believable opponent, really calls into question just how believable the film is and makes it somewhat predictable. Expand
  7. Mar 18, 2014
    I admire Jason Stathan. He is not made for the Oscars, Golden Globes or any awards but still he's unstoppable. He is the only kinda surviving and serving in cinema successfully. When it comes to the commercial cinemas anyone can easily pick this mans movies to watch any given day. It is guaranteed entertainment. I always wanted to praise him for his contribution to the commercial cinemasI admire Jason Stathan. He is not made for the Oscars, Golden Globes or any awards but still he's unstoppable. He is the only kinda surviving and serving in cinema successfully. When it comes to the commercial cinemas anyone can easily pick this mans movies to watch any given day. It is guaranteed entertainment. I always wanted to praise him for his contribution to the commercial cinemas who made stabilize over the recent fast growing graphic-cum-commercials.

The Story of this movie was not freshly squeezed. You can find similarities with other movies. Not the whole movie, part by part from different movies. After seeing the opening scene I thought it is better to call it a sequel to 'A History of Violence'. But the story started to take turns for every 20 minutes. It is a nicely arranged pieces and kept very simple as possible.

I am glad that Sylvester Stallone Invested to make this movie with Jason Statham and James Franco. Looks like Statham and Stallone sharing a good friendship after working together for 'The Expedibles' movies. I still unable to recognise James Franco as a tough man, for me he's a chocolate hero. Undoubtedly he was awesome in this film, but I love to see him in a beautiful romantic movie near future.

It was a decent movie, but the stunts were not good enough as we expect from Statham movie. According to the story, it was well achieved. More dramatised crime-thriller than an action. That can draw attention to a family audience, but drug scenes in the movie are what repels them away. Everything is not that strong, still it is rated R. Whatever they say it's a treat to watch if you are a Statham fan.
  8. Nov 22, 2014
    Jason Statham has managed to star in a slew of solid action films over the years. This is just as great as any. I like that this film gives off a family vibe which add a little bit more emotion to his character rather than making him an emotionless robot. I liked the thought of James Franco as the villain but he could've done better. Homefront is very much still worth watching.
  9. Jan 3, 2015
    As a thumb rule presence of Jason Statham immediately is indicative of a nice time, and this movie is no exception.

The girl acted well too. Pretty descent movie, though somehow the showdown near the end underwhelmed a bit.

1. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill
    Dec 9, 2013
    [Jason Statham] has some nice, relaxed moments with onscreen daughter Izabela Vidovic, and gets to fulfil half his audience's fantasies in wiping the smirk from James Franco's face.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Glasby
    Dec 9, 2013
    An unfathomably airless B-movie that betrays its USP by spreading the thrills too thinly. You can see why Stallone had second thoughts.
  3. Reviewed by: Tim Robey
    Dec 5, 2013
    This meat-and-potatoes B-thriller stays modest and grounded: compared with the noisy excesses of higher-budgeted action flicks, it has a kind of crude integrity.