7.7

1. Oct 23, 2011
    Horton Hears a who! But I don't hear anything.
  2. Dec 17, 2011
    Horton Hears a Who! may be simplistic in story, but that doesn't keep it from having charm. Great visuals and faithfulness to the book make it a very interesting animated film.
  3. Oct 24, 2010
    this CGI adaptation of the book from Dr. Seuss has funny gags and it stays true to the source material which is the reason why this movie is very entertaining.
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    Jim Carrey did well in the movie and the story was well told and has a few funny jokes. This is a good family film.
  5. Jun 2, 2011
    A beautifully animated picture with a pretty darn good choice in voice talent. However, this film isn't robust enough! It drags, and I found that I was trying to forcibly convince myself that this film was excellent. It wasn't, but it does send a good message to all.
  6. Mar 31, 2012
    First off, this is a 9 out of 10. Animation is pretty good. Score all right. Jim carrey does pretty good, and Steve carrel is all right. Score all right and story is fun and sometimes funny. Great family movie.
  7. Jul 12, 2013
    Hey, I can hear something. Well not really. The books short, the movie is long. Childhood favorite movie, grown up and it goes old. Just like my dead German Sheperd.
  8. Apr 15, 2014
    Props to "Horton Hears a Who!" for staying true to Seuss' words, but the movie, like "The Lorax" is awkward in some ways. Since the Dr. Seuss books weren't very long, it is hard to make a full-length feature film about them. Particular to this movie, Jim Carey was rather annoying as Horton.
  9. Nov 13, 2013
    Horton Hears a Who is magical.
    A movie with great voice acting and beautiful scenery, the script is good and the laughs are prominent, all in all a very solid family flick.
  10. Dec 29, 2013
    It was a pretty entertaining movie, but completely untrue to the book. There's nothing I hate more than when these adaptions make up lines from some non-existent Dr. Seuss book. They could've stayed true to the original story but chose to improvise and make everything a horrible mess, and for that I give this movie a big, fat 0.

1. A delight, brimming with colorful, elastic characters and bountiful wit.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    The real stars of the movie are the animators, who imbue even the overgrowth in Horton's jungle with a certain floppy Seuss-ishness.
  3. Reviewed by: Ed Gonzalez
    Horton Hears a Who! has blessedly been conceived and executed in reverence to Seuss's story, padding out the original narrative with some meaningful new ideas and casting a mercifully muzzled Jim Carrey as the titular beast.