8.0

1. Feb 1, 2016
    The best in any Dr. Seuss installment. Second is "The Lorax", third is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas!", and dead last is... drum roll... "The Cat in the Hat." Something that's sweeter to imagine than the Lorax, actually has more feelings than How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and actually works unlike the Cat in the Hat.
  2. Apr 15, 2014
    Props to "Horton Hears a Who!" for staying true to Seuss' words, but the movie, like "The Lorax" is awkward in some ways. Since the Dr. Seuss books weren't very long, it is hard to make a full-length feature film about them. Particular to this movie, Jim Carey was rather annoying as Horton.
  3. Dec 17, 2011
    Horton Hears a Who! may be simplistic in story, but that doesn't keep it from having charm. Great visuals and faithfulness to the book make it a very interesting animated film.
  4. Aug 1, 2015
    Incredible, worth lla worth remembering the most beloved elephant world , and what better way than a film of Blue Sky , the story of Dr. Seuss is magnified.
  5. Oct 24, 2010
    this CGI adaptation of the book from Dr. Seuss has funny gags and it stays true to the source material which is the reason why this movie is very entertaining.
  6. Apr 11, 2016
    Great cast makes for a great movie and this makes no exception. Really funny.

Watch it here for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-371-Horton-Hears-a-Who-online-free
  7. May 22, 2016
    Horton hears a who is a colored and funny film that offers a reflexive message and like able characters for entertain every kind of audiences. Fans of the Dr. Seuss features won't be disappointed.
  8. Jul 4, 2011
    Jim Carrey did well in the movie and the story was well told and has a few funny jokes. This is a good family film.
  9. Mar 31, 2012
    First off, this is a 9 out of 10. Animation is pretty good. Score all right. Jim carrey does pretty good, and Steve carrel is all right. Score all right and story is fun and sometimes funny. Great family movie.
  10. Oct 14, 2014
    Probably the only one of these Dr. Suess adaptations that's actually good, sure theres maybe at least one or two references in there, but it doesn't harm the plot, or anything else.
  11. Apr 12, 2015
    horton y el mundo de los quien es la mejor pelicula tiene buen diseño de personajes es graciosa y divertida buena y brinda una leccion "todos cuentan hasta los seres pequeños
  12. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The animation is so pretty and realistic, especially the flowers like dandelions and clovers but not the 2D imaginations that's going on Horton's mind, which I find it irrelevant and non-matching to the film as a whole. Nonetheless, there are still so much wit, fun and tension throughout the film which is quite pleasing and entertaining.

Other than possibly being the best Dr. Seuss adaptation, this film has one of the strongest moral and sweetest story ever. Most of the time, it is exciting, touching and inspiring. Horton the Elephant certainly have a big heart and serves as a role model to the rest in the jungle of Nool (and the rest of us too).

On who will like this...it's difficult to brain who will not like this but most children and people who love Dr. Seuss books will certainly love this film! PS. Katie the baby yak and Rudy the baby kangaroo are so adorable!
  13. RyanB.
    Mar 12, 2008
    I saw an early screening and the movie is really, really good!!!
  14. ThomasA.
    Mar 12, 2008
    I loved it. The best last half hour of any movie I've seen in a long time. Steve Carell is great.
  15. SariK.
    Very cute movie!
  16. KimberlyM.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Superbly animated and hilarious.
  17. DanC.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Finally, a Dr. Seuss film that captures the heart of the book! Horton was one of my favorites growing up and my kids have grown to be fans as well. I'm coming back with the family. Love Steve Carell!!!
  18. KelseyM.
    Mar 13, 2008
    This movie was SO adorable!! I loved it.
  19. EdH.
    Mar 13, 2008
    Horton hits on all counts. While remaining true to Dr. Seuss' creative excellence, the film finally offers a real family experience. Well done!
  20. EllieR.
    Mar 14, 2008
    Obviously these stupid critics don't know what they're talking about. The movie was made in the first place to entertain people. It's not suppose to be grim. It's suppose to be non-stop laughs, which it definitely was, so lighten up. This movie is definitely a family fun movie, and i loved that. Steve Carell was hilarious even animated which is a hard thing to do. This Obviously these stupid critics don't know what they're talking about. The movie was made in the first place to entertain people. It's not suppose to be grim. It's suppose to be non-stop laughs, which it definitely was, so lighten up. This movie is definitely a family fun movie, and i loved that. Steve Carell was hilarious even animated which is a hard thing to do. This is a must see movie, don't listen to the old washed up critics and go see this movie. Expand
  21. CoryC.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Very cute movie. My 5 year old really enjoyed it. By far the best Dr. Suess movie to date.
  22. JohnK.
    Mar 16, 2008
    Best movie in years. Our whole family (ages 14 to 71) loved the complexity, authenticity, details, and the plot.
  23. ChadS.
    Mar 17, 2008
    "Horton Hears a Who!" is "The Truman Show" for kids. This time around, Jim Carrey plays Christof(Ed Harris) as a pachyderm named Horton, and Steve Carrell is Truman Burbank(Carrey) as the Mayor of Whoville. Unlike recent animated films like "Cars" and "Happy Feet", in particular, "Horton Hears a Who" deals with the paradox of our being. This "children's film" engages the viewer with "Horton Hears a Who!" is "The Truman Show" for kids. This time around, Jim Carrey plays Christof(Ed Harris) as a pachyderm named Horton, and Steve Carrell is Truman Burbank(Carrey) as the Mayor of Whoville. Unlike recent animated films like "Cars" and "Happy Feet", in particular, "Horton Hears a Who" deals with the paradox of our being. This "children's film" engages the viewer with a fairly sophisticated dialectic between science and religion. Horton is like a scientist. He knows that an invisible world exists. In this passion play of sorts, the second player: Kangaroo(Carol Burnett) is the embodiment of the religious fanatic who doesn't believe in science. Under Christian dogma, baptismals are conducted to prevent a person's soul from spending an eternity in hell. Keeping this in mind, makes the kangaroo's actions during the film's climax all the more provocative. Conversely, in Whoville, the mayor hears voices, like Abraham, or Moses, or any of the eighteen prophets. But Horton is more like a naive scientist than a god. And a scientist with ecclesiastical leanings to boot. Horton has faith that a self-contained world exists on that speck...based on empirical observations...he heard a voice. Science and religion have a pretzel logic in "Horton Hears a Who"; it's own set of rules, which makes sense. This is a cartoon, after all. This is science fiction. Expand
  24. blarghblangin
    Mar 18, 2008
    I really liked it, funny voice acting... really good adaptation of a classic.
  25. Momof3
    Mar 18, 2008
    Great film. I was laughing out loud in spots as were all of the children in the theatre. Certainly a movie for all ages!
  26. PeterH.
    Mar 18, 2008
    This is the first movie that my 2 yr old has ever been to. Did not disappoint either of us.
  27. Ben
    Mar 20, 2008
    This was the funniest and greatest movie ever. The music empowered you, and made you hope that Whovile would stay alive, the characters made you laugh out loud from the start, and Dr Seuss' idea of a world living on a spec fules the entire movie. This movie is great for EVERYONE, including not just young kids, but teenagers and adults too.
  28. JoeyD.
    Mar 21, 2008
    Amazing study this film is. Perhaps another Animal Farm to be discussed in classes for years to come? The review by Chad S (advanced Scout Team) was close, but got it backwards on the science and religion thing. The Kangaroo was the embodiment of the closed-minded science and atheistic community that will only accept what they see, touch, or comprehend with their own intellect. The Amazing study this film is. Perhaps another Animal Farm to be discussed in classes for years to come? The review by Chad S (advanced Scout Team) was close, but got it backwards on the science and religion thing. The Kangaroo was the embodiment of the closed-minded science and atheistic community that will only accept what they see, touch, or comprehend with their own intellect. The Kangaroo represents a centralized government (communist, leftist?) that bans faith and freedom. Such things would only lead to anarchy! Only atheistic intellectuals such as herself need to be in control because everyone else is too stupid to think for themselves. So her prejudices and twisted logic drives her to whip an angry mob into arresting the Horton (the believer) and attempting to extinguish his faith from the public square. I wouldn't be surprised if the Roo is a member of the ACLU! Great movie. Go see. I would've gave it a 10 if not for that annoying anime sequence halfway through the flick. Couldn't done without that. Expand
  29. GuillermoH.
    Mar 26, 2008
    Excellent, makes your imagination fly away, a very positive trauma.
  30. Peppersmith
    Mar 28, 2008
    didn't like the animae section in teh middle - looked like they ran out of budget or time to truly complete the movie in the quality they established in the rest of the movie - concept of superhero was cute during this secion - i just HATED the illustration style - GLAD it is not the technique used through out the movie -
  31. Tom
    Mar 31, 2008
    Loved this movie. It was one of the funniest movies to come out in the last few years.
  32. CameronG.
    Apr 10, 2008
    Overall it was a great movie and made me laugh a lot. Plus its a good movie to see with your mom.
  33. MarniG.
    Apr 11, 2008
    Very cute even my 10 month old was entertained.
  34. JamesM.
    Apr 15, 2008
    The Best Animated Movie I Have Seen In Years.
  35. Tim
    Apr 20, 2008
    I loved the movie, especially the Japanese anime which was hysterical and a seeming random take-off from that genre. Although not so random as the directors put that in there as a nod towards Seuss's often overlooked anti-war propaganda in Japan. I believe Seuss had also just returned from Japan when he wrote Horton Hears a Who. Thought the movie was very funny throughout!
  36. AlanP.
    Apr 20, 2008
    This movie was better than I expected and much better than most expert movie critics gave it.
  37. Sam
    Apr 20, 2008
    Great movie. It was funny, and entertaining. Horton had a great personality, and the creators were very imaginative.
  38. JoeM.
    Apr 21, 2008
    It was fantastic for everyone of all ages, unless you are about 13 and too cool to see movies with the family.
  39. ChrisC.
    Aug 20, 2008
    I love it. Simply superlative. The script is superbly written and each character is very well realized. Definitely in my top 5.
  40. JayH.
    Dec 6, 2008
    7.5/10. The movie captures the creativity of Dr. Seuss very well. Well animated, amusing screenplay and excellent voice overs. It is a very enjoyable film that all ages will enjoy. Funny, touching and well worth seeing.
  41. RoxasS.
    Dec 15, 2008
    Hyper S, let me guess, you a forty year old, no fun kangaroo? Hmm. Just like in the movie. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll ever see the light, and be bitter forever. OF COURSE YOU WOULDN'T CARE FOR IT, IT'S MEANT FOR KIDS! It's supposed to be simple, and NOT SCARY! What did you think, it was a horror movie! Oooh! Anyways, this is absolutely my favourite movie, Hyper S, let me guess, you a forty year old, no fun kangaroo? Hmm. Just like in the movie. Unfortunately, I don't think you'll ever see the light, and be bitter forever. OF COURSE YOU WOULDN'T CARE FOR IT, IT'S MEANT FOR KIDS! It's supposed to be simple, and NOT SCARY! What did you think, it was a horror movie! Oooh! Anyways, this is absolutely my favourite movie, despite my age (16). I fell in love with Jojo O'Malley, the small, sad, teenage Who, who feels his father pressures him too much. Expand
  42. KE.
    Jan 9, 2009
    The only thing that I was worried about was the fact I was watching a movie this childish. But, this movie was still great.

1. A delight, brimming with colorful, elastic characters and bountiful wit.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    The real stars of the movie are the animators, who imbue even the overgrowth in Horton's jungle with a certain floppy Seuss-ishness.
    Horton Hears a Who! has blessedly been conceived and executed in reverence to Seuss's story, padding out the original narrative with some meaningful new ideas and casting a mercifully muzzled Jim Carrey as the titular beast.