Rogue Pictures | Release Date: April 20, 2007
8.7
Universal acclaim based on 628 Ratings
WATCH NOW
CarolynM.Apr 23, 2007
Started out hilariously, in that dry English way, but deteriorated into a highly graphic and violent shoot-'em-up which--even though a satire--left our Virginia audience (1 week after Virginia Tech) stunned.
PhilipH.Apr 21, 2007
Very funny movie. But, not the kick ass movie advertised. In the end, the Fuzz never got that hot. As a matter of fact, they were real pushovers. My skinny nephew Larry could have put up more of a fight.
GregA.Apr 22, 2007
It almost got 4 if it were not for a couple of genuinely funny moments....yes call me someone "shallow" who can't appreciate a good comedy if it slapped me in the face - but I really didn't find it that funny. Sorry!!
ElliotP.May 20, 2007
You have to be able to appreciate English (i.e. sick Monty Python) humor to enjoy this movie.
0 of 3 users found this helpful
KrisS.Jun 26, 2007
Went in with high expectations because I really enjoyed Shaun of the Dead. Came out quite disappointed. It wasn't funny, wasn't witty, and the action sequence to end the movie was absurd.
0 of 5 users found this helpful
WayneD.Jun 30, 2007
This is humor? What is funny about visual scenes of a man impaled through the mouth, or of a half dozen young people killed and their bodies hidden in a castle crypt? This would rank with showing the beheading of David Pearl as a comedy.
0 of 2 users found this helpful
MartinS.Jul 9, 2007
Mildly amusing.
MatthewM.Apr 22, 2007
I just really have to agree with the metacritic rating and other peoples thoughts on this movie. [Ed: you mean disagree?] Nine times out of ten I've thought that the metascore and the user vote were pretty dead on, with this film I just really have to agree with the metacritic rating and other peoples thoughts on this movie. [Ed: you mean disagree?] Nine times out of ten I've thought that the metascore and the user vote were pretty dead on, with this film however I just have to disagree. I saw this film during my trip to New Zealand and I was just very disappointed. The jokes didn't really hit half the time. The never ending action near the end of the film just bored me about half way through. I thought, "Ohhhh I get what they're trying to do here, making fun of movies like Bad Boys. Cute." Past that point I was just tired of it. The plot was just LAME. The ending was just plain bad. Again, I understand that they were making a farce of a genre, but you have to make that farce funny or at least interesting. It was only kinda funny and just completely uninteresting by the last 45 minutes of the movie. On top of that, if you have flashing light induced siezures do NOT see this movie. I felt like a camera bulb was flashing in my eyes through about have the movie. The editing was just BAD. I mean, I understand doing that flash during the scenes where the officer is booking people and taking their pictures with the numbers, but they did it for EVERY little thing. It really just gets to you. So in the end, it had moments that were funny, but overall I just can't recommend it. Expand
RoadRangerApr 22, 2007
Great premeise, pretty good actors but I fell asleep a couple of times during the movie. I enjoy British comedy but on the laugh meter this movie was mediocre for the amount of laughs it produced.
TimM.Apr 25, 2007
Overrated. I tried SOOOOOOO hard to like this, but it just fell short in my opinion. Not half as funny as Sean of the Dead. Actually, yes. It was half as funny as Sean of the Dead. Exactly half.
0 of 4 users found this helpful
ChrisN.May 4, 2007
I was hoping for something a lot better. The last twenty minutes, to me, really shone, but the majority of the film was dull exposition with a laugh maybe cropping up once every five minutes. A let down, really.
JonBoyJul 16, 2007
Kind of went in expecting a lot more from this film and the team behind it. Some brilliant comedy scenes split up by filler, really. Still a massive step ahead of the laughs-by-numbers tripe that Hollywood calls comedy these days, but it Kind of went in expecting a lot more from this film and the team behind it. Some brilliant comedy scenes split up by filler, really. Still a massive step ahead of the laughs-by-numbers tripe that Hollywood calls comedy these days, but it lacked some of the genius of Shaun... Still looking forward to Peggs next effort though. Expand
MattLSep 6, 2007
Overall, I was disappointed by the movie. As a huge Shaun of the Dead fan, I had high expectations. Unfortunately, while Hot Fuzz follows the same path Shaun did, it fails to incorporate a strong affinity towards the characters. The side Overall, I was disappointed by the movie. As a huge Shaun of the Dead fan, I had high expectations. Unfortunately, while Hot Fuzz follows the same path Shaun did, it fails to incorporate a strong affinity towards the characters. The side characters especially are weak. Still worth seeing, but don't expect it to be as good as Shaun of the Dead ever was. Expand
SteveApr 22, 2007
Everybody says this film is not as good as shaun of the dead. What they fail to mention is that its only half as good. It had a few laugh out loud moments but in general not that funny. A lot of the humor was was recycled from SOTD. The last Everybody says this film is not as good as shaun of the dead. What they fail to mention is that its only half as good. It had a few laugh out loud moments but in general not that funny. A lot of the humor was was recycled from SOTD. The last 30 minutes went on for ever. The cast of SOTD and Reno 911 decided to make a movie. Expand
JoeF.May 13, 2007
The high metacritic rating of this film leaves one disappointed after seeing it. There were no flat out gut-wrenching laughs in this movie. Lower your expectations, and you will see a pretty good british comedy. However, using "monty python" The high metacritic rating of this film leaves one disappointed after seeing it. There were no flat out gut-wrenching laughs in this movie. Lower your expectations, and you will see a pretty good british comedy. However, using "monty python" in the same sentence as this slightly above average and thoroughly forgetable film is absurd. This is the most metacritic overrated film I've seen, in my humble opinion. It deserves not a point over a 60. Expand
asthobaskoroMay 14, 2011
Sappy, funny but sometime boring. I don't think it's great comedy but it still entertaining although not enjoyable on all the scene. Not really fan of Nick Frost and Simon Pegg, that's why I don't interested to watch Paul.
GiantBoyDec 29, 2014
I wanted to like this movie. It starts out promising enough and provides a few chuckles here and there but I soon grew weary of the twists and over the top action. I understand that this is a parody of action/cop/buddy movies and it has itsI wanted to like this movie. It starts out promising enough and provides a few chuckles here and there but I soon grew weary of the twists and over the top action. I understand that this is a parody of action/cop/buddy movies and it has its smart moments but overall I didn't find enough entertainment in the 2 hours running time to be really worth the watch. Expand