6.6

1. Sep 7, 2010
    Not that funny. I laughed maybe once or twice the whole time. I had a friend tell me this was funnier then The Hangover. I no longer accept movie recommendations from this friend
  2. Oct 1, 2010
    Just a generally poor movie. I didn't think the movie executed much of what it set out to do. The plot was weak. This of course was no surprise it is a movie about a Hot Tub Time Machine after all, but that set them up with a lot of potential and yet the movie still fell flat on its face. The movie pretty much just tries to live off of the 1980s nostalgia for teen movies. The sadJust a generally poor movie. I didn't think the movie executed much of what it set out to do. The plot was weak. This of course was no surprise it is a movie about a Hot Tub Time Machine after all, but that set them up with a lot of potential and yet the movie still fell flat on its face. The movie pretty much just tries to live off of the 1980s nostalgia for teen movies. The sad thing is that its a worse picture than many of the 1980s teen comedies and that's saying something. Its raunchy, which can be ok, but this movies humor just generally fails. It certainly doesn't find the perfect match between raunchiness and laughs like a movie such as The Hangover or Superbad does. Overall unless your really in the right mind set for this movie it isn't worth your time. Expand
  3. Feb 5, 2012
    Too make up for an unfunny script the film makers had to resort to cheap swearing, sexual innuendo and cheap jokes for no purpose other than to make up for a lack of substance... this is the definition of a BAD MOVIE. Pass on this one.
  4. Dec 12, 2013
    This film might have a promising idea, but most of the potential is wasted on unoriginal and stupid gags that just get worse as the movie progresses. This makes it just become more and more desperate.
  5. Sep 3, 2014
    Hot Tub Time Machine attempts to make a decent film strictly out of outrageousness. The film is lazy and, at no surprise, unfunny. Uneven and not worth following these boys back in time.
  6. Mar 20, 2012
    So, I was looking at different time travel films to watch, and I was appalled that this film has a 6.6 metascore. What the hell is wrong with society? This is just some raunchy, lazy, worthless piece of crap excuse for horny males. I mean, how many boobs, F* bombs and sex jokes does Hollywood need to make? This genre should be banned, its not art. Its CRAP.

1. Reviewed by: Dan Kois
    A fundamentally lazy comedy that will probably make you laugh like an idiot.
    Like the "Scream" series, Hot Tub Time Machine is a cake-and-eat-it-too experience; you get both a vintage Brat Pack comedy, albeit one regrettably drenched in post-Hangover raunch, and an ongoing metacommentary at the same time.
    A sloppy, raucous, time travel farce in the grown-men-gone-wild "Hangover" style, it’s a surprisingly satisfying, if not exactly LMAO, riot.