8.6

1. Jan 26, 2011
    Cheadle's performance is amazing but the movie just didn't connect on all the levels that a Schindler's list did. The opening song just didn't fell right to me and really messed with the tone the movie would try to set later. There were some rather intense scenes and some scenes that made you shake your head with disgust, but the emotional attachment and the tears that should follow anCheadle's performance is amazing but the movie just didn't connect on all the levels that a Schindler's list did. The opening song just didn't fell right to me and really messed with the tone the movie would try to set later. There were some rather intense scenes and some scenes that made you shake your head with disgust, but the emotional attachment and the tears that should follow an uplifting story just weren't there. It might have been that the movie was a bit short (I know 2 hours isn't short but with a movie that is so character driven it never hurts to be a bit longer) and you never really got attached to the victims as we did with Schindler's List. I am in no way implying that Hotel Rwanda isn't good as it is a very good movie and one that all people should watch to educate themselves about what is really happening in Africa today, but only that it could have been a home-run but felt more like a triple! Expand
  2. May 29, 2011
    Really good! Certainly a film that won't be easily forgotten! If dealing with a real history is very shocking and, unfortunately, still present, because many countries still suffer similar rebellions, as we see in the news about what happened recently in Egypt, and Libya is booming! "Why are people so cruel?" I would like to know too. But there are also people willing to help! I think thisReally good! Certainly a film that won't be easily forgotten! If dealing with a real history is very shocking and, unfortunately, still present, because many countries still suffer similar rebellions, as we see in the news about what happened recently in Egypt, and Libya is booming! "Why are people so cruel?" I would like to know too. But there are also people willing to help! I think this campaign is that the world needs, people have to react! Do what they can! I think the actors although aren't well known (apart from Nick Nolte) surprise! I was glad to see that Americans don't get to save everybody, as in several war movies! Very true what the reporter talks about the people watching the news and say "Oh, my God, how awful" and continue to dine with their families! Is what we do! But I think it might be different if anything awaken within us to show that we can indeed act. A film about violence, but also about hope, which I think everyone should see! Expand
  3. Aug 11, 2011
    Amazing film. If I told myself Catch A Fire was a movie Iâ
  4. Feb 14, 2013
    Hotel Rwanda is a 2004 film directed by Terry George. The story is about the massacre occurred in 1994 in Rwanda, where Hutus massacred almost all Tutsi and of how Paul Rusesabagina found refuge and saved 1200 Hutu and Tutsi. A story that does a lot and think that speaks of the courage of Paul who saved so many lives and the world feigned ignorance. Excellent directed by George and the cast.
  5. Mar 27, 2014
    Es la lista de Schindler pero version africana que relata como un administrador de un hotel salva la vida de unos 1200 hutus y tutsis durante la guerra civil entre estas dos etnias, increiblemente rodada, grandes interpretaciones, esos momentos de gran tension, una pelicula que muestra la deshumanizacion de las personas, una de las mejores peliculas que he visto en mi vida.
  6. Feb 14, 2014
    A riveting story, that's slightly dampened by the sometimes oblique messages it gives about the harshness and horrors of the Rwandan genocide, but redeems itself with a hefty performance of Don Cheadle. It is toned down, both in language and violence, which destroys a historical film rather than make it more suitable to younger people. But I can see why it is acclaimed, but it is rather "safe".
  7. Sep 19, 2013
    Great thought-provoking drama to be engaged in. The movie felt so natural and raw, like downing a straight shot of whiskey. Don Cheadle gives the performance of his career in this great film about the struggles during a very tense rebellion in Rwanda between the Hutu militia and the Tutsis. This film will stock with you for the rest of your life.

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    The film presents the Rwandans in the worst possible way: venal, corrupt, vicious, stupid, barbaric and completely incapable of governing themselves. Honestly, I've seen more intelligent and sympathetic depictions of Africans in Tarzan movies.
  2. Cheadle impressively carries the entire picture, delivering the kind of note-perfect performance that's absolutely deserving of Oscar consideration.
    Hotel Rwanda, based on real lives and events, aims unequivocally to break your heart.