Pantelion Films | Release Date: December 13, 2013
6.7
Generally favorable reviews based on 27 Ratings
WATCH NOW
eagleeyevikingDec 26, 2013
Paul Walker shines in this small but powerful movie. While some scenes were out of place and the ending is too abrupt, Hours has an engaging story and is compelling for the most part.
vikesh2206Nov 10, 2014
Size doesn't matter as Hours manages to be a powerful movie for the late Paul Walker by being substantially compelling and emotional despite its blemishing final scene.
quincytheodoreFeb 5, 2015
It's a massive undertaking of being a sole lead of a feature film like Tom Hanks did in Castaway or James Franco in 127 hours. While not as brilliant as above, Paul Walker displayed a heartwarming and sincere performance as a father whoIt's a massive undertaking of being a sole lead of a feature film like Tom Hanks did in Castaway or James Franco in 127 hours. While not as brilliant as above, Paul Walker displayed a heartwarming and sincere performance as a father who struggles to protect his child. He was more known for starring in Fast & Furious franchise, along with many other action movies, but I feel Paul Walker had only begun to mature as an actor, he will be sorely missed.

Nolah Hayes (Paul Walker) is trapped in a hospital during her wife's labor and also hurricane Katrina, a mix of excellent timing and unfortunate fate. As the others evacuate he must stay because his newborn isn't strong enough for immediate travel. It's amazing how a simple premise can be explored so well with a good performance and a concept that's easily to connect with. Walker exhibits a wide range of emotion, from his self-doubt, rejection, anger and until his eventual acceptance to his morbid situation.

There's a good direction involved, as well as a couple of witty gimmicks to ensure the sense of stress, but this is practically Walker's show. Without his genuine performance, not much of the plot could've been so easily associable with the audience. If you simplify the movie, it's basically only him in a room or a building, yet it still produces tension as one is drawn to root for his character.

Pacing is sometimes slow, but it's just minor humps since the movie manages to display depth of human nature when faced with adversity. Dialogues are pretty good, although some consist of frantic laments. The crucial aspect is how Walker delivers it with a hint of desperation.

Hours is a simple movie elevated by a great actor, who delivered one of his last and best performance.
cryhardhumorApr 28, 2015
It would be dishonest to say that some of the emotional power of this movie is derived by the untimely death of its lead, and it would also be dishonest to ignore the often slow pace. However the tension is strong enough, the cinematographyIt would be dishonest to say that some of the emotional power of this movie is derived by the untimely death of its lead, and it would also be dishonest to ignore the often slow pace. However the tension is strong enough, the cinematography fitting enough, and the acting powerful enough to bring home what is one of the most emotionally charged and feeling conclusions I have ever seen. Expand
Mr_RoseAug 3, 2014
It´s a great movie which captures from beginning to end through the constant obstacles Paul Walker has to face in this suspension-packed movie. You can actually feel with him as he tries to save his newborn daughter by keeping the machineIt´s a great movie which captures from beginning to end through the constant obstacles Paul Walker has to face in this suspension-packed movie. You can actually feel with him as he tries to save his newborn daughter by keeping the machine working manually. I was literally praying for him to make it. It´s definitely worth a peak! Expand
AGarcia732Jan 24, 2014
This movie will probably be missed by many, which is sad because it's a great film. Paul Walker does a great performance (R.I.P, Paul) and he manages to carry this movie on his shoulders (similar to Sandra Bullock and George Clooney inThis movie will probably be missed by many, which is sad because it's a great film. Paul Walker does a great performance (R.I.P, Paul) and he manages to carry this movie on his shoulders (similar to Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in Gravity, and Robert Redford in All Is Lost, both of which I liked and reviewed). He manages to keep interest from dwindling. Hours is a compelling film.

If you liked this review, read my other ones on a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and video games and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts.
lukechristianscMar 11, 2014
rip paul walker . this is a epic cool movie but is it based on a true story ? . it is fun and epic and watching paul walker survive with his movie baby but some scenes paul walker can be a idiot .
TheQuietGamerMar 14, 2014
"Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker (R.I.P) stars in this drama/thriller about a man trying to keep his infant daughter alive during the events of hurricane katrina. It takes a while for Walker's performance to acquire the required emotion"Fast & Furious" star Paul Walker (R.I.P) stars in this drama/thriller about a man trying to keep his infant daughter alive during the events of hurricane katrina. It takes a while for Walker's performance to acquire the required emotion needed to keep the movie afloat, but he does get it right after a while. My problem with this movie is that I never really cared about Walker's character at all. I cared about his infant daughter's fate, but I found him and his wife character to be really unenjoyable and almost unlikable. This made it hard for me to really get into the movie.

I can definitely see why people would like this movie, as it definitely pull at your heart strings. The problem in is that by using the baby girl in the way it does, it plays off of your emotions in an incredibly basic way. It's almost as if the movie was exploiting me. Overall I was curious to see how the movie ends, but I didn't enjoy the majority of it. To be honest "Hours" felt like it was going on for hours. It's definitely got an emotional core to it, but everything surrounding that core I found to be boring. Because of that I didn't enjoy the movie and can't recommend it. I give it a score of 4.8/10-Bad.
FedelcaFeb 22, 2014
Ya se que varios "fanboys" estarían esperando esta película por la trágica pérdida de Paul Walker. No hay nada para recordar. La película más aburrida que he visto en mucho tiempo (casi me duermo en el cine) y también recordemos que no sonYa se que varios "fanboys" estarían esperando esta película por la trágica pérdida de Paul Walker. No hay nada para recordar. La película más aburrida que he visto en mucho tiempo (casi me duermo en el cine) y también recordemos que no son más de 100 minutos en el cine. ¿Por que razón es tediosa y aburrida? Por no tener movimiento; la película está atascada en su propia trama como Paul Walker está atrapado en ese hospital, lástima que los creadores de la película no supieron como avanzar y se quedaron presionando en una acción que el pobre actor debe realizar alrededor de la película, y, si se lo están preguntando, eso no es actuar, eso es obedecer. Muy aburrida y vacía. Expand
LeZeeJun 30, 2015
One of the final movies of a fine actor of our time, Paul Walker. Small budget movie, only because of the story that did not require a grand setting and spectacular graphics. The whole film takes place inside a hospital and a very fewOne of the final movies of a fine actor of our time, Paul Walker. Small budget movie, only because of the story that did not require a grand setting and spectacular graphics. The whole film takes place inside a hospital and a very few external shots glued to the narration in pieces to make an exciting tale. Its his back to back after 'Vehicle 19' which also had a limited cast. At least he and his directors with writers proved these kind of small movies has an equal level of interesting materials to the grand ones. So it's about how you make one with all the finite resources and the rest is left to the people who decides its fate.

A trans-apocalyptic movie. Due to the circumstance where the story happens, there's no proper explanation for everything. Obviously leaves some doubts concerning the main plot, but what the story tells is the basic instinct of survival of any species of our world. So in this film all about stay alive and protect your loved ones or die trying.

What a father's, at a time a husband's role should be when his family completely depends him. That's what the story where a man stands between his family and the hurdles that coming his way. Not a fancy visual film, but an entertaining thriller-drama gives extreme nail-biting moments with less talks and more in actions. Definitely a good movie