6.1

1. Jan 1, 2013
    It's scary, suspensful, funny, and features a ton of great characters that will haunt your dreams. Rob Zombie has created something special with this movie. I loved it.
  2. Feb 24, 2013
    I have one word to describe this movie AWFUL! It doesn't even compare to it's sequel, The Devil's Rejects. This is just a weird, drugged out, gore fest, that makes absolutely no sense. It's not even funny, It's a complete waste of time. Even Rob Zombie's sister was said to have walked out of the screening in disgust, saying, "what the F is wrong with you!?"
  3. Sep 1, 2010
    Rob Zombie's take on 1970's B-Movies.
    Full of weird and wonderful characters especially Sid Haig as the almost iconic Captain Spaulding.
    The acting is pretty bad throughout (I assume this was to get the B-Movie feel in parts) & it gets a bit silly at the end.
    A mention for the great use of Slim Whitman's "I remember you" in quite a morose scene as well.
    Not as good as Robert Rodriguez's
    Planet Terror which is in the same genre & done a lot better. Expand
  4. Sep 3, 2011
    This Movie Was Pretty Good it was Bloody Insane Strange And Chilling it has all the good element of a Decent Horror Film It is alot better then Ridculas Horror Films Like Final Destination House of The Dead and So On
  5. Jan 16, 2012
    Rob Zombie gives us a cult classic horror film that we all have been craving for quite some times. I remember first seeing this film and being terrified by the Firefly family. I would highly recommend.
  6. Jul 29, 2012
    I went through the annoying process of registering with metacritic just to discourage you from watching this movie.

Pros: the captain clown character, the first scene, general weirdness
    Cons: bad, bad soundtrack, annoying cut scenes
  7. Jan 15, 2014
    The message here is quite simple: You either get this film or you don't.

If you read the reviews with low scores, it becomes very apparent who is leaving them.

Shock-rocker Rob Zombie's loving homage to flat-out nasty horror films of the 1970s will leave many post-"Scream" (1996) horror fans cold because of what it's not. It's not slick or glossy. It's not funny or self-referential.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Zombie's film plays more like an experimental pastiche than an outright homage to those classic road-trip-gone-wrong movies.
    Kicks off as a cheap piece of retro schlock and quickly devolves into a putrid bloodbath with a thin narrative made utterly indecipherable by the first-time director's clueless approach to filmmaking.