6.6

1. Jan 17, 2012
    Kills the thought process I had that Jeff Bridges can't be in a bad film. Hyper real, but in a bad bad way. It's not funny at all. I understand what its trying to do, but it just does it so awfully.
  2. PeterA
    Nov 7, 2008
    The first movie I've actually walked out of (about 20 minutes from the end) in about 15 years. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself "don't I have anything better to do than watch a movie?" What's so wrong with it? I think Wilonsky from the Village Voice captures this movies problems well. Don't waste your time or money on this garbage.
  3. AlexJ.
    Oct 10, 2008
    The amusement factor of the film seemed to be in inverse proportion to the success of Pegg's character. Are we supposed to actually be rooting for this moron? The love story with Dunst was horribly contrived as well.
  4. JenniferS.
    Oct 6, 2008
    Terrible! I only voted this movie a 3 because Megan Fox and Kirsten Dunts aren't too bad to look at...otherwise the movie was awful!!!!!!

1. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Not as smart or as satirical as you might hope, but an enjoyable and often funny look at a mad, mad, mad, mad world.
    Weide's big-screen version is sitcom-drab.
  3. Best in show is the divine Gillian Anderson as a powerful celebrity publicist, editing the image of her clients in much the same way this adaptation tames Young's much pricklier book.