Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: December 14, 2007
7.1
Generally favorable reviews based on 663 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeFeb 2, 2016
Will Smith builds up another round applause for the legendary best 2007 endings called "I Am Legend." There's two different endings though. Choose your ending.
SpangleSep 7, 2016
Carried on the broad shoulders of Will Smith, I Am Legend is a terrifically entertaining piece of science fiction horror with a surprising Christian-infused twist The film has a lot going for it, but above all, provides a great look at theCarried on the broad shoulders of Will Smith, I Am Legend is a terrifically entertaining piece of science fiction horror with a surprising Christian-infused twist The film has a lot going for it, but above all, provides a great look at the decimation of society and the newly emerging attempts to restore society to its previous levels. Other zombie films have focused on the former element with and the real underbelly of society, I Am Legend introduces enough to the latter element in order for it to be a worthy addition to the genre.

Many have unfavorably compared this film to 28 Days Later, due to the evil and anguish portrayed in that film, but that is unfair. Though they are of the same genre, I Am Legend attempts to do more. Instead, of instilling more desolation, it attempts to develop hope, which is admirable. From what I understand, this is unfaithful to the novel, but having never read the novel, I do not really care. Plus, I love The Shining, which is nothing like the novel. Thus, faithfulness to the novel is irrelevant to me when discussing a film. As it stands, the film's exploration of hope and faith in a better tomorrow, as well being the "light in the darkness" is more in line with what I would anticipate in the aftermath of such a disaster. While may will resort to evil as in 28 Days Later, many would try to keep up hope and belief that some force - God or other - will lead them out of this trauma. Ultimately, it comes down to how one grieves and handles strife. Essentially, I Am Legend showcases a different form of handling conflict and executes it very well, particularly evident in the final quote and the actions of Robert Neville (Smith).

The film really shines, however, in the characterization of Neville as the last man on Earth. The loneliness, destitution, and companionship with his beloved dog, Sam, are all traumatic and difficult to watch. The way in which he tries to talk to a female mannequin and talks casually to other mannequins is heart watching and, in my mind, perfectly captures this isolation one would feel if trapped in such a scenario.

In terms of thrills, I Am Legend more than delivers with its fair share of heart attack inducing sequences. That said, a lot of these thrills seem to capitalize on poor decision making from Neville and his dog, which is more tedious to watch than thrilling at times. Though these scenes entertain, they do often fly in the face of the development of Neville as a smart, calculated, and thorough planner of his daily actions.

Adding to the negative, the film's special effects do leave a lot to be desired. Though I thought the depiction of the disease and general concept of the "darkseekers" was well developed, the look and realization of these concepts fell short of expectations. Given that films that came out before and in 2007 had far better effects than this one, it is inexcusable for a film with such a high budget. This, to me, is the main shortcoming of the film, but together with stupid character actions that are against their personality, they add up to really hold back the film from being even better.

I Am Legend is an inspirational look at hope in the face of tremendous odds. Many criticized the addition of the religion, but it is a very apt addition given the situation. Religion exists to give people hope of a better tomorrow. In times of turmoil and anguish, many turn to religion as that "light in the darkness". Thus, it makes a lot of sense for it to be added into a film of this type. Even if it not in the original novel, it is a logical thematic addition. In terms of the film, I Am Legend delivers thrills, hope, and light, but can at times be a bit tedious and suffers from bad effects. All in all, this one is more than worth a watch if you, like me, are one of the few who has not seen film from Will Smith's prime.
TheQuietGamerFeb 14, 2011
I Am Legend is what you get when you take the Zombie apocalypse but replace the Zombies with vampires, Will Smith makes a great performance in this movie, I wasn't sure what to expect with this movie but it turned out to be a emotionallyI Am Legend is what you get when you take the Zombie apocalypse but replace the Zombies with vampires, Will Smith makes a great performance in this movie, I wasn't sure what to expect with this movie but it turned out to be a emotionally moving, pulse quickening experience, and one of the best movie i've ever seen. Expand
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
"I Am Legend" not only features an extraordinarily impressive performance from Will Smith, but it succeeds in delivering a truly straightforward, yet undeinably forlorn and affecting story.
Tss5078Feb 23, 2013
Finally, an end of the world thriller that is worth seeing! This remake of 1971's Omega Man is a perfect example of how end of the world movies should occur. The flashbacks to the time before the catastrophe tell the story of what actuallyFinally, an end of the world thriller that is worth seeing! This remake of 1971's Omega Man is a perfect example of how end of the world movies should occur. The flashbacks to the time before the catastrophe tell the story of what actually happen. Will Smith is really great as Dr. Robert Neville. Instead of going on some insane journey to find an unaffected area, he stays right in the heart of the crisis and tries to fix it. He is a great example of a true hero and Will Smith portrays it perfectly. Smith's personality in a dark and somber movie is a bright spot and his interplay with the innocuous things he encounters is fantastic. Will Smith make the film, aided by a great story and some really cool special effects. This is a good one! Expand
Meth-dudeApr 25, 2015
Will Smith is pretty good in this role and the story is interesting.The visuals are beautiful but the fact that the creatures are made only by CGI is bad.The end is cheesy but,the movie is entertaining all the way till the end.
CineAutoctonoDec 6, 2015
A well shocking film , which is a lonely man , so it is the only man on earth , but not alone , with nothing but the zombie , just to know that humanity was extinguished by an incurable epidemic but Will Smith is the cure for this horrible epidemic.
ZilcellJun 3, 2013
Although the action and storyline could have been more adventurous, Will Smith's powerful performance and a heck of a lot of intense moments make this one of the most unique films of Smith's career.
choomtabi31Feb 3, 2016
Will Smith is seriously an amazing actor. His acting touches me. This film is epic.

Watch it here for free: http://www.primewire.ag/watch-1023-I-Am-Legend-online-free
StevenFMay 16, 2013
I Am Legend plays with the idea of what a post-apocalyptic world consists of..next to nobody..wastelands and silence, all in the search of something we desperately seek.
Will Smith stars in this one-man-band type film, he believes he is not
Will Smith stars in this one-man-band type film, he believes he is not only the last surviving human being in New York, but also throughout the world. He prowls the streets by day in a quiet and derelict Manhattan, but at night he must secure himself in his home in darkness, because although he is the last man on earth...he is certainly not alone.
Unfortunately the thing that everyone seeks is the thing that has infected just about everyone on the planet, a cure for cancer certainly had its side effects in this film.
We find out right at the beginning of the film from Dr. Alice Krppin (Emma Thompson) that there has been a breakthrough in scientific research and that they have found a cure to cancer..but within seconds after a black screen that this isn't the case at all.
Will Smith plays Robert Neville, a man who was unaffected by the airborne outbreak due to his immune system, he attempts to find a cure to the outbreak by using his own blood. He now leads a very routine life in New York, going out with his only company, a dog called Sam, and scouring the place for supplies and zones he has not yet cleared, but within the darkness lies those who didn't die from the virus, are now zombie-like beings who are in search of one thing, humans.
These creatures run riot at night, something Neville must wade out each and every night, he must take certain measures so as they never know where he is, his house will be in darkness when his last watch alarm sounds, he must mask his scent using chemicals so as they cannot trace him and in all he has a very lonely life. We watch as he goes to a video store and has a conversation with a mannequin, showing his isolation and lack of human contact, he reaches out everyday for survivors via radio, but to no avail.
The sombre tone that surrounds the film captures how isolated one man is in the big bad world, Will Smith expertly portrays a damaged and lonely individual, he knows the Shrek film off by heart, he plays golf atop a pile-up of cars and completely disregards the idea that there is a survivalist colony when he is told so by a fellow survivor, he is truly alone.
It's a powerful and edgy film, with quite a risky story involving a small cast, which is unfortunately brought down by a disappointing ending that was rushed and premature, it just didn't seem justified.
But besides that, another excellent blockbuster from Will Smith, intriguing and engaging with quite a message surrounding loneliness and the vulnerability of such a thing...something we may indeed need to one day hit head on.
homer4presidentMar 11, 2015
The greatest thing about this movie is it's imagery. It is a little eerie to see New York City so isolated and alone, and Will Smith does a superb job acting. Although it wasn't scary, it was still a good movie.
Rox22Oct 16, 2013
I never read the book, so I can not make any gripes about the differences as so many others have. On it's own, I really enjoyed I am Legend. Will Smith putting on a great performance, and a utterly heartbreaking scene that almost made me cryI never read the book, so I can not make any gripes about the differences as so many others have. On it's own, I really enjoyed I am Legend. Will Smith putting on a great performance, and a utterly heartbreaking scene that almost made me cry (I think you know which scene I mean *woof* *woof*)

If anything the real downside to this movie comes from the "monsters." You can see there is more there but they aren't given the credit they should. A few of the earlier scenes you can sense their turmoil and even catch a brief glimpse of intelligence. But as the movie progress they are made to look more and more feral simply to add to the scares. which it doesn't as they feel more like a nuisance than an actual obstacle.

Overall:
Aside from it's flaws, I Am Legend is still a great and highly enjoyable movie that plays with some rather deep ideas. Just a real shame they had to dumb them down more and more as the movie progressed.
Movie1997Apr 14, 2013
This is a riviting sci-fi apocalyptic that really gets your heart rate beating. There's just something about Will Smith's performance that really puts you on the edge of your seat. Even though he's "technicaly" the only one in this new world,This is a riviting sci-fi apocalyptic that really gets your heart rate beating. There's just something about Will Smith's performance that really puts you on the edge of your seat. Even though he's "technicaly" the only one in this new world, he keeps you entertained with the fear of the so-called zombies. It has its dramatic scenes also which were just outstanding. By the way, Sam's death was to tragic. I mean seriously, who didn't cry when Robert had to put down his dog? I never thought a movie like this could not only amaze me with its suspense, but also tug on my heart strings at the same time. The only real problem is that this movie is kinda short. I really wish this movie was much longer. But other than that, it's an amazing apocolyptic thriller done better than any other apocolyptic movie. Expand
RayzorMooseNov 13, 2013
I Am Legend lives up to its name.
A very well crafted entertaining survival movie about one man looking for the cure to bring back humanity. Well paced, well written, and well acted.
RikiegeJan 23, 2013
Very good movie with a great performance by Will Smith.
KivaJun 12, 2013
The best chatastophic film i've ever seen. It has good plot and actors. I didn't like the ending. It was too bad after what had happened in the movie. Was sad too in some moments
bfoore90Dec 14, 2016
If there was ever a reason for Will Smith to deserve an Oscar for his acting then "I AM Legend" is one of them. The film is, in my opinion a true tour-de-force for Smith who carries the movie in one of the best performances I've ever seenIf there was ever a reason for Will Smith to deserve an Oscar for his acting then "I AM Legend" is one of them. The film is, in my opinion a true tour-de-force for Smith who carries the movie in one of the best performances I've ever seen from him. The film is an interesting adaption to the book and does a good job keeping the audience interested and involved. My only gripe is that the later part of the movie could have been done better. Expand
spadenxDec 22, 2011
I thought it was good for the most part. The biggest flaw of the movie was that it too far too long to get into. It was solid overall though, The acting was ok and Will Smith's performance did help carry the film during it's boring parts.
BradySmithApr 1, 2016
Such a tense, emotionally affecting, well acted, and well directed movie, that somewhat cheesy visual effects don't do much to hurt the film. There are moments of terror, moments of heartbreak, and even moments of beauty rarely found in evenSuch a tense, emotionally affecting, well acted, and well directed movie, that somewhat cheesy visual effects don't do much to hurt the film. There are moments of terror, moments of heartbreak, and even moments of beauty rarely found in even the best of the zombie and mutant genres. Will Smith's performance is absolutely incredible and really should have attracted more awards attention than it did. I'd definitely say it's Oscar nomination worthy performance. The story throughout is very engaging and the brilliant musical score only heightens the emotion. Sure, the "dark seekers" could have looked more realistic to add to the horror, but this still remains one of the best of its kind. Expand
StaticSpineAug 31, 2013
The story reminded me a lot of 28 days later. But it was more grim to me. The atmosphere here is good, but not so dark and depressive. This movie is decent, Will Smith fully uses his talent, there are some touching moments.
busbfranDec 31, 2013
Virtually any movie Will Smith is starring in, the movie and his own performances is of A standard and this is not excluding I Am Legend. Robert Neville the main protagonist played by Will, is a scientist globally recognised, but not even heVirtually any movie Will Smith is starring in, the movie and his own performances is of A standard and this is not excluding I Am Legend. Robert Neville the main protagonist played by Will, is a scientist globally recognised, but not even he could contain the petrifying virus at has appeared to be unstoppable. The mystery behind his immunity is unidentified but what is clear is he's "The last man on earth". After a Cancer cure gone wrong it has transformed those injected with the so called vaccine into infected man eaters who have hunted down almost every human remaining. By the time the sun rises its safe due to the infected unable to appear under the sun for unknown reasons but once the sun begins to falls the "zombies" of more intelligences seen before hunt for any life form to eat. In the end it is up to Robert Neville to find the cure in an attempt to save the remaining world. A true classic and must watch for all Zombie fans. Expand
DavidV293May 19, 2015
One of my favorite all time Will Smiths movies. I Am Legend just takes a lot of attention. Will get you hooked in in seconds. The sick are creepy and great. Will Smith just kills the role. Makes it look too realistic
MetalMan95Oct 9, 2010
Great Movie, this movie made me love German Shepards. And this movie made me adore Will Smith's work. Its a great time as you take a trip with the Last man on Earth
RickyReviewsFeb 22, 2016
The film is suspenseful, full of action, humor, and great characters, especially Samantha, the adorable German Shepherd. The desolate New York City looks amazing, from the weeds growing in Times Square to the remains of the Brooklyn Bridge.The film is suspenseful, full of action, humor, and great characters, especially Samantha, the adorable German Shepherd. The desolate New York City looks amazing, from the weeds growing in Times Square to the remains of the Brooklyn Bridge. Truly one of Will Smith's better films. 9/10 Expand
Captain_KirkAug 18, 2012
An underrated sci-fi flick that boasts a great performance by Will Smith, some good (if obvious) CGI work, and an interesting premise that plays out pretty well. I also recommend watching the version containing the alternate ending instead ofAn underrated sci-fi flick that boasts a great performance by Will Smith, some good (if obvious) CGI work, and an interesting premise that plays out pretty well. I also recommend watching the version containing the alternate ending instead of the theatrical version. Expand
joyalJul 9, 2014
AWESOME FILM,LOVED IT-Smith turns in a terrific performance, TOUCHING ACTING, STUNNING visuals
A GOOD ENTERTAINING FILM BY WILL SMITH!!!Just a great movie -it is my opinion - i really enjoyed it- and add to my favorite film gallery .
GoldenEye16Aug 23, 2010
Very creepy and unsettling but really good. Will Smith's acting in this is phenomal and the environments are spectacular. The only thing is that the end isn't that great.
MediaCriticOct 20, 2011
This movie really could have been an 8, but it lacked certain things. The story is good, and the destroyed abandoned New York City is amazing. It was created really well digitally. The story is quite creepy, as it shows just the "last man onThis movie really could have been an 8, but it lacked certain things. The story is good, and the destroyed abandoned New York City is amazing. It was created really well digitally. The story is quite creepy, as it shows just the "last man on Earth" and his dog. There isn't a lot of action in it, though the action scenes are good. The effects are great and Will Smith played his part really well. The zombies look great, especially close up. It's not so much a horror movie, though there are a few creepy scenes. This movie should appeal to any action movie fan and most horror fans. Expand
spollardMar 11, 2014
Manhattan when no one is living there anymore is awesome to see. Will Smith was decent in his role and the dog should have been nominated for best supporting actress/actor. The story was lacking in some aspects and the zombies were not allManhattan when no one is living there anymore is awesome to see. Will Smith was decent in his role and the dog should have been nominated for best supporting actress/actor. The story was lacking in some aspects and the zombies were not all that impressive. I give this a 69.3 out of 100. Expand
jstrickler872Jun 16, 2011
Has so much potential, but doesn't give out the best it could have. This movie could of easily been one of the best movies of all times, but falls into more of just being a good movie. I enjoyed this movie, a lot. It's a very sad entertainingHas so much potential, but doesn't give out the best it could have. This movie could of easily been one of the best movies of all times, but falls into more of just being a good movie. I enjoyed this movie, a lot. It's a very sad entertaining movie. I recommend getting the two disc package which comes with alternate ending and deleted scenes. But yes this movie is good. Nothing more. Expand
RedShadowHatDec 30, 2012
Will Smith did a great job in the movie. The dog was really a great part of the movie and I almost cried when he had to kill his own dog. The ending was amazing and sad at the same time. Its a great accomplishment when you can make a grownWill Smith did a great job in the movie. The dog was really a great part of the movie and I almost cried when he had to kill his own dog. The ending was amazing and sad at the same time. Its a great accomplishment when you can make a grown man nearly cry in a horror movie. Expand
SiAScORCHNov 5, 2014
The movie has a lot of action, and some very sad parts. Along the story line you can't help but get attached to certain characters as you see time goes on and what happens to some of the characters. It's definitely an interesting twist as theThe movie has a lot of action, and some very sad parts. Along the story line you can't help but get attached to certain characters as you see time goes on and what happens to some of the characters. It's definitely an interesting twist as the movie goes on to show that we're not the only ones that can adapt. The ending is what drew the 8 rating, and if it weren't for that I would of given it a 9. I was definitely not a fan of the original ending, though if you're able to watch alternate endings then the second one isn't bad. Expand
emlugo123Feb 27, 2015
I wish the ending was explained more but other than that this is an emotionally captivating movie! I really felt the connection between Robert Neville and Sam and was so sad to see that relationship go.
wrightm1Jun 26, 2013
I'm sorry but I like this film. The CGI may be hokey, but I think this film works for it's first two acts quite successfully building suspense throughout, and Will Smith is strong also. I liked it.
KaprawiecAug 8, 2016
I'll rate it for what it is - an excellent zombie movie. This one actually have quite logical explanation for the disease source, and has interesting ending. Will Smith act is very realistic, as usual he is the strongest part of the movie heI'll rate it for what it is - an excellent zombie movie. This one actually have quite logical explanation for the disease source, and has interesting ending. Will Smith act is very realistic, as usual he is the strongest part of the movie he plays in. The role was similar to Tom Hanks from Cast Away, but in my oppinion Will did it better. I liked how the city looked after 3 years without humans (well, scene with lions was poorly executed). Movie also builds up tension quite good, and overall its worth watching. For a zombie flick fans 10/10. Expand
zahabitahaAug 21, 2015
an epic movie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
ParanoiaMar 27, 2012
in my opinion it was a really well made film, nice story and the camera work was also good. Its a shame that the story was a little way too strict, but I enjoyed it and i would recommend checking it : )
LeokaAug 20, 2016
Me gusta mucho mas la versión con el final alternativo donde se ve que el malo era el protagonista y se parece un poco mas a la novela original en la cual los zombies eran vampiros y ya sabían en donde vivía Neville. La primer parte de laMe gusta mucho mas la versión con el final alternativo donde se ve que el malo era el protagonista y se parece un poco mas a la novela original en la cual los zombies eran vampiros y ya sabían en donde vivía Neville. La primer parte de la película esta muy lograda planteando la soledad del personaje y su responsabilidad en la creación del virus, la segunda parte cuando aparece el virus tiene sus defectos pero en lo personal me gusto mucho esta película porque me llevo a leer la novela y a ver sus dos versiones cinematográficas anteriores: "El ultimo hombre sobre la tierra" con Vincent Price y "The omega man" con Charlton Heston, las cuales sin ser mejores o peores si son versiones muy diferentes a la película en mención. Expand
turbulentmaniacJun 17, 2013
Will smith puts in a terrific performance. This films atmosphere is excellent, even in times of complete silence. the film is unpredictable, but at times can be boring to watch. that said a couple of scenes are compelling; bring out a lot ofWill smith puts in a terrific performance. This films atmosphere is excellent, even in times of complete silence. the film is unpredictable, but at times can be boring to watch. that said a couple of scenes are compelling; bring out a lot of emotion. personally i thought a film with just will smith, throughout 90%, of the film would be easy to turn off but instead i was left with a film that is epic with its decent CG I effects. Even Sam the dog puts on a Oscar winning performance. Expand
Dwight_ShruteOct 17, 2011
A very enjoyable film featuring a very stellar performance by Will Smith. The story is very captivating even if a little too short for my liking. As a fan of sci-fi titles, this one stands among some of the better, more refined. I canA very enjoyable film featuring a very stellar performance by Will Smith. The story is very captivating even if a little too short for my liking. As a fan of sci-fi titles, this one stands among some of the better, more refined. I can easily recommend this movie to anyone, even those who do not care to much for the horror. Expand
MrAlcatrazNov 18, 2013
This movie is a very good adaptation of the original novel, the novel being my favorite book ever. It doesn't follow the book to the fullest though... As the book was written in the fifties they updated it more, and don't follow the mainThis movie is a very good adaptation of the original novel, the novel being my favorite book ever. It doesn't follow the book to the fullest though... As the book was written in the fifties they updated it more, and don't follow the main story of the book.
Such as in the book Robert Neville does not have a dog, while in the movie, Robert Neville (Played by Will Smith) has a dog.
Will Smith does a very good job in this movie, and it makes you feel lonely, as did the book. The movie did a very good job of making you ask what was going to happen next. Like in the book, Neville has flash backs about his family, these are not well done.
One scene made me almost cry, a movie has never done that before.
There is two endings but the second one is crap.
The only thing that ruins this movie is CGI monsters. WHY?
I don't remember the book having poor CGI monsters in it that don't look scary.

But anyway...
Unlike the book he has a dog, and this dog is awesome. In this world you see what Neville has to do to survive, and that is very well done.

There isn't much more I can say without spoiling it so I will leave it at that.
Watch this movie!
More importantly read the book, one of the best.
JasonP.Jan 4, 2008
Brilliant flick! Will Smith's best performance to date. And love the dog!
DavidB.Jan 1, 2008
This is the third time the book I Am Legend has been adapted into a movie (the first being the Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price and the second being the omega man starring charlton heston) and this one is probaly the best although This is the third time the book I Am Legend has been adapted into a movie (the first being the Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price and the second being the omega man starring charlton heston) and this one is probaly the best although not the truest to the book. However the ending still works, the scenes featuring empty streets and avenues of new york are breathtaking, superb acting from Will Smith and the dog - excellent portrayal of solitude and despair - and the CGI is pretty awesome. All these things make one awesome epic movie and another great adaption of the book. And to everyone who criticised this movie with untrue low scores, what could of made it better? It is an excellent movie but still, everyone should read the book. The book beats all adaptions, and I hate books and prefer movie adaptions. All in all a pretty tense, thrilling and ultimately excellent movie. Expand
THWJan 2, 2008
Despite the huge holes in the plot, moderate reliance on CGI, and the annoying detail of how the Ford vehicles are always washed and waxed in this post-apocolyptic world, this film is entertaining and a fun way to pass a couple hours. Despite the huge holes in the plot, moderate reliance on CGI, and the annoying detail of how the Ford vehicles are always washed and waxed in this post-apocolyptic world, this film is entertaining and a fun way to pass a couple hours. It's a zombie movie, with a mediocre study on loneliness. Don't expect much more than that and you'll have a great time. Expand
JasonJ.Jan 3, 2008
The only CGI screw up that I saw was the out-of-place scene with the lions. The female lion appeared real, but the male lion looked extremely fake. So, with that settled, the movie was actually pretty well made. The loneliness and The only CGI screw up that I saw was the out-of-place scene with the lions. The female lion appeared real, but the male lion looked extremely fake. So, with that settled, the movie was actually pretty well made. The loneliness and lack-of-human-contact psychosis exhibited by the main character was perhaps the most compelling part of this whole movie. It was unbearable to watch him lose his only living contact, the German shepherd. Like many reviewers have been saying, the ending of the movie was a bit rushed. They had a real masterpiece, then ventured off into mediocrity. I wonder if it is a function of the pressure to churn movies out as quickly as possible by the studios. It seems like no one wants to put time into making the next Titanic. One last gripe about this movie. Why did the woman at the end have to be so attractive? It's so formulaic. A good movie with a good premise doesn't need a Brazilian cutie to finish it off. Thank God they spared us from a superfluous make-out session with the main character. I thought that it was coming though. Expand
PatrickB.Jan 4, 2008
I don't know what you all were smoking, its as if you have to have everything spelled out for you. To the guy who asked about electricity, did you not see the generator? I loved this movie, contender for 2007 film of the year.
BraydanB.Jan 6, 2008
Was a fantastic film with great acting. yes the monsters could have been alot better with the use of actual humans, but i thought they did an excellent job
DanW.Jan 9, 2008
Well done from start to finish. Not really sure what people were looking for in the ending. I left the theatre thinking, "that was a solid ending," yet people are ripping it apart. Confused about that, but overall it was one of the best Well done from start to finish. Not really sure what people were looking for in the ending. I left the theatre thinking, "that was a solid ending," yet people are ripping it apart. Confused about that, but overall it was one of the best films of the year for me. It had it's chance to be a typical, feel good story, but it deviated from that and I found the writing to be outstanding. I'm convinced that some people are just haters and had their negative views written down before the movie began. Oh well, if you like movies, go see this. Expand
guy!Feb 5, 2008
This is a masterpiece, no matter what anyone else says. It's great to see that good horror/suspense/sci-fi movies do exist, considering the garbage most contemporary horror films dish out every few weeks. The movie wasn't quite This is a masterpiece, no matter what anyone else says. It's great to see that good horror/suspense/sci-fi movies do exist, considering the garbage most contemporary horror films dish out every few weeks. The movie wasn't quite clear on how (possible spoiler) the infected humans had super-strength and agility, but they couldn't be exposed to sunlight either, so I guess it balances (end spoiler). The only reason I'm giving it a 9 is because of the ending, which came way too quickly and made the whole movie seem too short. Having said that, a must see for everyone who loves Smith. Collapse
1 of 1 users found this helpful
DamienR.Mar 25, 2008
Easily one of the best movies of 2007. The special effects are great, the story is great, the acting by Will Smith is some of the best he's ever delivered and this movie is just generally a thrill ride from start to finish. I also Easily one of the best movies of 2007. The special effects are great, the story is great, the acting by Will Smith is some of the best he's ever delivered and this movie is just generally a thrill ride from start to finish. I also thought the ending was very suitable and cant imagine why it was prone to such criticism when it suited the story so well. Expand
AGuySep 1, 2008
This film is really good but when compared to the book (which is a masterpiece) you notice the changes a lot. In the book he's alone most of the time as he doesn't even have a dog. The vamps are a lot more human in book. Also if This film is really good but when compared to the book (which is a masterpiece) you notice the changes a lot. In the book he's alone most of the time as he doesn't even have a dog. The vamps are a lot more human in book. Also if you call this a rip-off of other films it's more or less impossible because it's based on a book. (It's by richard matheson - GET IT!). Expand
SeanFJun 7, 2009
An interesting updating of the original novel. Will Smith shows that he can actually act. Sometimes when I make that statement people give a quizickle look, but, remember that most of the film is Smith acting on his own with a dog, and he An interesting updating of the original novel. Will Smith shows that he can actually act. Sometimes when I make that statement people give a quizickle look, but, remember that most of the film is Smith acting on his own with a dog, and he holds the audiences interest. One of the few films that brings a tear to my eye during one certain scene. However, what the hell is up with the new ending? It sucks,and also makes the film title itself nonsensical. Expand
8 of 9 users found this helpful
BenLDec 11, 2007
I am Legend is an exciting movie. Its glimpse on the future is amazing. Although it is horror/suspense they manage to create humor. Excellent for people who like all sorts of movies, especially scary movies.
DanielD.Dec 16, 2007
I thought the movie was very well done. Will gave a wonderful performance as Robert Neville.
ChrisDec 17, 2007
Not really like the book, but good in its own right. Will Smith was pretty believable and the action was heart pounding.
LongL.Dec 17, 2007
Smith is a really great actor.The first hour of the movie was very attractive.But middle part was not so good.Ending was really powerful.So i think 7 is the best score.
BruceC.Dec 17, 2007
Will Smith saves the world (again) and saves this movie with a surprisingly strong performance. Based on the same short story as Charlton Heston's "The Omega Man", Will plays a scientist trying to find a vaccine to cure a virus that Will Smith saves the world (again) and saves this movie with a surprisingly strong performance. Based on the same short story as Charlton Heston's "The Omega Man", Will plays a scientist trying to find a vaccine to cure a virus that turns humans into mindless zombies. He does a great job with a weak script, and despite his acting and some terrific special effects, the movie falls apart eventually. An above average 7 out of 10. Expand
DMDec 20, 2007
Gee, "OMEGA MAN" re-visited 36 years later. Much more competent lead actor, CGI that was not available in 1971, and much more imiginative make-up than was available then as well! Worth a matinee ticket.
AndrewK.Jan 1, 2008
It's one of the best short story movies I've ever saw. I recommend it to everyone who's big fan of short stories.
FrancoisL.Jan 1, 2008
Well, I did not see the original movie, so I can't judge the way others who have seen it did, but I can tell you that it was a very entertaining movie anyway. The story could have been better, then again it's based on an existing Well, I did not see the original movie, so I can't judge the way others who have seen it did, but I can tell you that it was a very entertaining movie anyway. The story could have been better, then again it's based on an existing story so they did what they could with what they had. The graphics in the movie are defenetly worth it, especialy for those scary zombies. I'm not a big fan of Will Smith but I would have to say that he is really good in that movie. Bottom line: Give it a shot if you want a good entertainement, but don't expect it to be a classic movie, it's just a good movie with good acting and that's it. Expand
MichaelT.Jan 2, 2008
I always loved post-apocalyptic movies, and this one takes the cake, and that's not a lie.
jessecJan 2, 2008
i dont wanna hear it i jus saw it a couple of days ago and its the best movie ive seen in years!i love it alonf with every single person i know...the cgi was good smith was good sam was good can they're definately not supposed to be i dont wanna hear it i jus saw it a couple of days ago and its the best movie ive seen in years!i love it alonf with every single person i know...the cgi was good smith was good sam was good can they're definately not supposed to be vampires or zombies there diseased humans.....gahh i recommend it to anyone. Expand
LyndellK.Oct 25, 2008
This movie with Will Smith's performance deserves a 10. The monsters some say were not scary well they were not supposed to be these horrible thing they were people infected by a virus the thought of these soulless shells of what used This movie with Will Smith's performance deserves a 10. The monsters some say were not scary well they were not supposed to be these horrible thing they were people infected by a virus the thought of these soulless shells of what used to be a human had me at the edge the entire time. Then how it showed this man who had lost everything at the edge releasing that all he has are himself and these In-Human creatures it was amazing. The movie go's from Thriller to Horror to Drama then has an ending that was unexpected and that Greatly Combined all of the genres that went from absolutely nothing anyone could possibly do, too an Amazing miracle happening That left me want to know so much more about the apocalyptic time. the only draw back is i prefer reaL people instead of GFX. great movie 9-10 and one of the best performances i've ever seen by an actor. Expand
DanaM.Jan 30, 2008
Having read the book I was surprised at how different the movie plot was. But I felt the movie told the better story. Excellent acting by Smith. Special effects were a bonus. Plenty of action and thrills. See it.
MarcBJan 5, 2008
One of the best movies i've ever seen. Scary, sad and funny.
JackS.Jan 8, 2008
This film is a jump-a-minute thriller for adreneline junkies, sentimental people and pretty much anyone looking for a fun time.
ChrisCJan 9, 2008
It wasn't THAT bad as some of these cynics are suggesting. But the CG effects were unnecessary in places and the plot was rather predictable. I thought Will Smith did a commendable job carrying the film with quiet intensity performance It wasn't THAT bad as some of these cynics are suggesting. But the CG effects were unnecessary in places and the plot was rather predictable. I thought Will Smith did a commendable job carrying the film with quiet intensity performance that is basically anti-Independence Day (even the token dog plays it down). For the best recent attempts at films of this genre I would still choose 28 Days or Weeks Later over this. But as a Londoner I am biased - our killer zombie making virus is better than yours! Expand
KenM.Feb 1, 2008
Realizes its full potential. Absolutely brilliant cinematography and film-making. First Rate!
LiamFeb 15, 2008
I expected this movie to be pretentious and boring, but to my surprise it was actually very good. Will Smith was excellent and the ending, while not really profound, was very good. the one thing i didn't like was the very last scene, I expected this movie to be pretentious and boring, but to my surprise it was actually very good. Will Smith was excellent and the ending, while not really profound, was very good. the one thing i didn't like was the very last scene, which was completely unnecessary, and drew away from a great ending so one point off for the fact that it wasn't absolutely perfect, and another for that last scene. Expand
AndyM.Feb 3, 2008
I thought that this movie had a great concept. I mean, how mind blowing is that, being the last man on earth!? (or at least in NYC) My complaint with this movie was the lack of plot structure. It had some pretty interesting build, with some I thought that this movie had a great concept. I mean, how mind blowing is that, being the last man on earth!? (or at least in NYC) My complaint with this movie was the lack of plot structure. It had some pretty interesting build, with some impressive (yet superfluous) action scenes. But after that, in seems as if the writers only had, like, 30 minutes left and had to wrap things up in a rushed conclusion. The characters which appears later were made important RIGHT at the conclusion, leaving the viewer feeling empty. When the action does come, it is quite exciting (and please, the effects are great. Seriously). Will Smith is outstanding, but it's a shame that the writers weren't. This movie is definitely worth seeing, just... it really could've been better. Expand
JayH.Mar 11, 2008
Awesome special effects a feel for the near future. Believably done, genuinely scary, great pace and very tense throughout the first hour, it bogs down a bit after that, but it is a powerful and compelling film. It can be disturbing as well.
HeatherB.Mar 1, 2008
I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was a nice blend of comedy and drama with a little action thrown in. People who did not like the movie Cast Away will not like this movie.
PhilMar 1, 2008
Thrilling; no disappointments in that area, but any ticket holder could tell you the plot was horribly unoriginal. The "infected" could've been a tad more gruesome as well.
JonH.Mar 1, 2008
Not a GOOD movie but a really FUN movie.
ThatemW.Mar 24, 2008
This was a great movie. Loved the whole thing. Ending could be better, but it was still pretty good. CG was really good too.
ColinC.Mar 25, 2008
Very enjoyable film. Some of the crits left me with lower expectations, but it really was a very good film. I found the premise quite believable, which made it all the scarier, and the effects were very well done. And I thought they did a Very enjoyable film. Some of the crits left me with lower expectations, but it really was a very good film. I found the premise quite believable, which made it all the scarier, and the effects were very well done. And I thought they did a good job keeping the story interesting. Definitely recommend it. Expand
DaleE.Mar 20, 2008
This movie was Awesome, with great special effects, and an eerie look at New York in the future. The ending was not as good, but the alternate one looks cool from the Trailers!
GeorgeN.Mar 4, 2008
What an amazing movie! I read the book and enjoyed it but this movie not only expanded upon some of the original concepts but gave it much greater depth. It was obvious by reading the book that the author had a limited understanding of human What an amazing movie! I read the book and enjoyed it but this movie not only expanded upon some of the original concepts but gave it much greater depth. It was obvious by reading the book that the author had a limited understanding of human physiology but this movie was put together with a much more realistic approach. I am very excited for the DVD release! Expand
BladeU.Mar 6, 2008
A zombie flick for anyone, including those who can't handle the gore of the Resident Evil Antagonists. I Am Legend amazes viewers, a story that can be enjoyed by anyone even with only one main character. It wows audiences with it's A zombie flick for anyone, including those who can't handle the gore of the Resident Evil Antagonists. I Am Legend amazes viewers, a story that can be enjoyed by anyone even with only one main character. It wows audiences with it's remodeled post-apocalypse environment. The Flash-back-filled story line thrilled me and I'm sure it will thrill most audiences. Bravo I Am Legend. Expand
AdevApr 1, 2008
Good movie but bit weird at times I guess thats why its a sci fi.
FurduiA.Apr 8, 2008
Take all the bad zombie movies, put them toghether, add some new technologies and some good actors and you'll get to "I am legend", which is a great movie. It has only one weak spot - when Will is saved from the gazillion zombies by one Take all the bad zombie movies, put them toghether, add some new technologies and some good actors and you'll get to "I am legend", which is a great movie. It has only one weak spot - when Will is saved from the gazillion zombies by one lady and her kid :))) In the next evening you'll see that all the lights, bombs and other devices placed around Will's house are unable to keep the zombies away, but apparently the night before they had a headacke and the Rambo lady kicked their asses. Expand
JiaqiC.May 19, 2008
The alienation and fear experienced by Robert Neville is brilliantly projected (to great effect) in the first half...then it unfortunately deteriorates into a mindless action film.
TWoodNov 26, 2009
Great acting from Will Smith and plenty of edge of the seat (as well as poignant) moments. Overall, an entertaining and emotional journey.
JayD.Dec 12, 2007
Edy C...please learn the English language before writing another review.
DaneDec 14, 2007
I thought it was good movie. Good effects and overall the movie reminds me a bit of 28 weeks/days later.
LouisCC.Dec 16, 2007
Surprisingly entertaining. Didn't expect much, but it's actually quite good in spite of being done many times before.
NickA.Dec 16, 2007
In his sophomore offering, director Francis Lawrence (who debuted with 2005
WillH.Dec 17, 2007
Pay attention to amplitude in reviews. This is a kind of movie that some people would love and some would love to hate. If you don't want to watch a horror film with zombies, simply do not go. In any other way, it's a wonderful Pay attention to amplitude in reviews. This is a kind of movie that some people would love and some would love to hate. If you don't want to watch a horror film with zombies, simply do not go. In any other way, it's a wonderful piece with superior everything - acting, artist work, gfx, and good story. Expand
CloydE.Dec 18, 2007
I don't know what people really look for in movies , I have read most of the reviews and some of them I was really surprise at some of there comments. Will Smith did well, when I go to a movie I don't expect very thing to each up I don't know what people really look for in movies , I have read most of the reviews and some of them I was really surprise at some of there comments. Will Smith did well, when I go to a movie I don't expect very thing to each up to all of my expectation but I do want to to really enjoy the movie. If a movie is bad to me it's because it was total out of text form what I thought it would be like. The movie was good , the man played the part well and all the other action effects did just what they were suppose to do, what more do you want Some people just don't want to give credit where credit is due. Expand
FannieC.Dec 18, 2007
This is a very good movie... I went throw different type of emotion! Will Smith is very good!
KennethM.Dec 19, 2007
A potentially jaw dropping movie utterly destroyed by the most aweful revisionest ending it has ever been my misfortune to witness.
JoshCDec 20, 2007
Very good movie I find. This is probably the only movie that made me jumpy. The surprise scenes will get you jumping out of your seat unexpectingly. The one scene in the dark creepy building was intense as well. However the only problem that Very good movie I find. This is probably the only movie that made me jumpy. The surprise scenes will get you jumping out of your seat unexpectingly. The one scene in the dark creepy building was intense as well. However the only problem that kind of annoyed me in this movie were the monsters, they seemed a bit fake obviously...but overall I really like this movie it was unexpecting story but very good. I think its a must watch if you want a thrill or get intense. Expand
KH.Dec 25, 2007
If you keep your expecations low, you'll enjoy this movie. After a strong beginning, the writers lose their way and we end up with a very formulaic and underwhelming ending. Characters are introduced that are irrelevant and creatures If you keep your expecations low, you'll enjoy this movie. After a strong beginning, the writers lose their way and we end up with a very formulaic and underwhelming ending. Characters are introduced that are irrelevant and creatures are introduced that are not sufficiently conveyed. The CGI of the creatures is unusually poor and the movie makers deserve lots of criticism for that. Fun movie, but only if you turn your brain completely off. Expand
PeterO.Dec 20, 2007
Warning: People who digged Transformers (and such High Octane - Emotionless movies) do not bother with I Am Legend, because it's not for you.
RusselS1Dec 30, 2007
Im from Russia, Siberia! Super movie! Stupid americans, go eat gamburgers! Will Smith respect!
ChrisM.Nov 14, 2008
Excellent acting by Will Smith, Really brought you into the mood of the movie.
PaulaD.Nov 22, 2008
This movie will satisfy those who like sci-fi and action movies with an entertaining plot and beautiful scenery.
JeffJ.Jan 13, 2008
Not wholly satisfying nor really disappointing, I Am Legend is a pretty impressive one-man show by Smith. It would be hard to portray Smith's character as lonely as Tom Hank's "Cast Away" lead - after all, being alone in NYC (with Not wholly satisfying nor really disappointing, I Am Legend is a pretty impressive one-man show by Smith. It would be hard to portray Smith's character as lonely as Tom Hank's "Cast Away" lead - after all, being alone in NYC (with or without cannibalistic mutants) would be very different than being alone on an island. Smith thinks all other normal people are probably dead but he keeps on hoping, whereas Hanks knew the rest of the world was out there but had little power or hope to ever rejoin his old life. Still, Legend was entertaining and a quite worthwhile was to spend two hours. Expand
RobertS.Jan 15, 2008
Visionary genius, fantastic acting and a wonderful atmosphere makes this (in my opinion) the best film of 2007. You fear for the characters rather than the film scaring you, which is a nice variation, and only works because of the acting Visionary genius, fantastic acting and a wonderful atmosphere makes this (in my opinion) the best film of 2007. You fear for the characters rather than the film scaring you, which is a nice variation, and only works because of the acting skills of Will Smith and some thoughtful direction. The only things that seperate this film from a perfect ten rating are the slightly frustrating ending (not because of a certain death, but because the village on uninfected seemed too convinient. It should have been overrun, thus showing the failiar of the human race.), and the length of the film. It should have been longer, the opening scenes are beautiful and the relationship between Smith and his dog works perfectly, emphesising the fact that the dog, Sam and his music are all that root him to humanity. Anyway, definate buy. Expand
SaskiaJan 15, 2008
A splendid melancolic movie with a strong after-effect and brillant lasting images