6.0

1. Apr 3, 2015
    This has GOT to be one of the dumbest movies I've EVER seen. Not only is the protagonist exceptionally stupid for someone who is supposedly on the run from an alien race with super powers, but this guy is supposed to be 14-15 and has the square jaws of some one clearly at least 10 years older. And yes, the actor is THIRTHY ONE!!! and not in a "oh he can still pass for high school age" way.This has GOT to be one of the dumbest movies I've EVER seen. Not only is the protagonist exceptionally stupid for someone who is supposedly on the run from an alien race with super powers, but this guy is supposed to be 14-15 and has the square jaws of some one clearly at least 10 years older. And yes, the actor is THIRTHY ONE!!! and not in a "oh he can still pass for high school age" way. Pettyfer clearly CANNOT pass for a high school aged type boy, he'd have a hard time passing for a college student.
    So, on top of that, his character acts SO stupid for someone who is supposed to be in hiding! He does everything to get noticed, and he does it ALL the time. It's really upsetting. His guardian tells him no clubs, no school and keep your head down. Next thing you know, he's all over the newspapers and the internet. He jumps from a 3 story building in front of a crowd. This dude breaks ALL the conventions that we know how to keep his secret identity hidden. It's as if he is waving flags to get noticed. He's like 16, but he acts like a petulant child, it's really amazing. 16 year olds can be stupid, but not at the level of this guy. My 8 year old has more responsibility and more wit not to get caught.
    Then.... oh wait it's a Micheal Bay. There really is no God.
  2. Nov 7, 2012
    Twilight met Transformers and they had an ugly mutant baby who's come to wreak havoc on our theaters. Kill it! Kill it before its too late!
  3. Aug 21, 2012
    Very rarely will I stop watching a movie I have never seen before. I Am Number Four is one of those movies that doesn't really start, never picks up, and 40 minutes in I end up being more interested in my cat playing with a random piece of fluff on the floor.
  4. Jul 22, 2012
    I Am Number Four is so much better than Twilight because it doesn't come off as awkward. And the whole movie is perfectly made without plot-holes or any plot bumps anywhere. It has decent effects and Alex Pettyfer didn't really get how to act in his character until the last 30 minutes, but it was Dianna Agron who was the only one who got it right. I hope a new installment comes out even ifI Am Number Four is so much better than Twilight because it doesn't come off as awkward. And the whole movie is perfectly made without plot-holes or any plot bumps anywhere. It has decent effects and Alex Pettyfer didn't really get how to act in his character until the last 30 minutes, but it was Dianna Agron who was the only one who got it right. I hope a new installment comes out even if it didn't do well at the box-office because I think we have a new franchise that could save us from Twilight and the second will be a lot better. Oh yeah the villains were kind of cheesey.All of this leads up to one of the weakest finales. With no tension just pointless explosions and no resolution. I give this film 28%. Expand
  5. Jul 2, 2012
    Another subpar sci-fi action flick (Michael Bay's influence is clear) that further lowered my interest in the genre. Perhaps the script, as well as the film as a whole, was held back by Walt Disney Studios' constraints, but even so this is a film that targets kids younger than those portrayed in the film. The underlying teen romance subplot is unnecessary and totally holds back the flow ofAnother subpar sci-fi action flick (Michael Bay's influence is clear) that further lowered my interest in the genre. Perhaps the script, as well as the film as a whole, was held back by Walt Disney Studios' constraints, but even so this is a film that targets kids younger than those portrayed in the film. The underlying teen romance subplot is unnecessary and totally holds back the flow of the film. As stated by a few critics, Bay has attempted to ride of the success of Twilight and other teen love films by incorporating those elements into a mostly action/sci-fi oriented film, but he's come up short. Timothy Olyphant is the most talented member of the cast, and it shows - but given the overall poor acting this isn't really saying much. It's a nice looking film, with impressive visual effects and passable cinematography, but neither of these elements can hold up a film on their own, and I can't help but feel that more of what was obviously a huge budget should have gone towards signing on more experienced actors. I Am Number Four is an effective film in that it will appeal to it's target demographic, but anyone outside that will likely end up pretty disappointed. Expand
  6. Aug 24, 2011
    This movie is the reason Hollywood suck.
    It´s basically a twilight movie for guys and is built after the exact same concept.
    The problem is that it has 0 originality, mysteries boy meet pretty girl and for some reason they cant be together and fight against all odds, etc.... It makes you wanting to puke on the writers. The biggest reason I probably hate these kind of
    This movie is the reason Hollywood suck.
    The biggest reason I probably hate these kind of movies is that the acting is so bad that you hate the characters and wish they will die so the movie will end.

GhostSniper, I wouldn't be surprised if the Justin Bieber movie is better.
  7. Jun 16, 2011
    I was really dissapointed when I saw this movie. I thought it would be action packed and at least fun to watch, but it turned out different. The characters are over-cliched, the story is uninteresting, and all the action comes at the last half hour of the movie (thought there are soem plot holes and confusing events). The ending implies that there is a sequel (wich makes sence, becauseI was really dissapointed when I saw this movie. I thought it would be action packed and at least fun to watch, but it turned out different. The characters are over-cliched, the story is uninteresting, and all the action comes at the last half hour of the movie (thought there are soem plot holes and confusing events). The ending implies that there is a sequel (wich makes sence, because this film is based off a book series), but I hope the next one doens't get made. Or, if it gets made, at least keep the silly teen-romance drama out of it and focus on the aliens and the shoot-outs. Expand
  8. Jun 13, 2011
    I stopped watching this film half-way through. There was nothing of value to hold on to in order to see the results. The characters were cliche and seemed like the film was aiming for a "twilight" or "harry potter" vibe. It is nothing compared to those films. If you're looking for a teenage sci-fi - try something else.
  9. May 31, 2011
    I am the number four, it is of these movies that they they all remember for being extremely bad, with such a frightful script and the music, the actions, the photography, the direction they stop much that to wish (or rather much that to hate)
  10. May 25, 2011
    i thought i was gona be waching a intresting sci fi action movie when i rented this and what i got was a Twilight rip off for the most part with alittle action at the end . its a very sterio typed film where the acting is barely passable and the plot is about as intresting as waching a plant grow for 90 min. the ending sets it up for a sequel wich god willing will never happen.
  11. May 10, 2011
    One would think that with a budget of several million dollars, it should be possible to make at least a decent movie. I wouldn't be able to say anything positive about this one. Real bad acting, horrible dialogue, a story that is plain boring, and the bad guys, I swear I have seen those faces in at least four other movies.
    What is the purpose of making these movies ? If you buy a car these
    What is the purpose of making these movies ? If you buy a car these days, any car, it is really quite impossible to buy a really bad car. There is a certain standard. With movies, it doesn't seem to be that way.
  12. Mar 26, 2011
    If you didn't know, I Am Number Four is a movie based on a book. You would think that there would be a nice story and lore behind the cool action. There isn't thought. This movie never makes up it's mind if it wants to be a cool action flick, or a drama film, and it ends up falling short on both ends. The action scenes are too few and far apart to hold the movie together. The story neverIf you didn't know, I Am Number Four is a movie based on a book. You would think that there would be a nice story and lore behind the cool action. There isn't thought. This movie never makes up it's mind if it wants to be a cool action flick, or a drama film, and it ends up falling short on both ends. The action scenes are too few and far apart to hold the movie together. The story never really gets going and leaves so much unanswered. The main character being an alien is an excuse to not explain most of the plot points. The story is also filled with that cheap, overused 20-something year olds acting like they're in a fictional high school setting stereotype. Bullies that induce physical violence? Check. Nerds with no self esteem? Check. Main character that FIST PUMPS AFTER KISSING A GIRL? Check...

The movie could have been a lot more, but stopped short. You only get to see two of the nine aliens' cool powers, and the story leaves many more questions than answers. Minus points for devoting an entire scene to walking away from an explosion.
  13. Mar 21, 2011
    Good movie, but contained all the signs of a high school movie; the geek, the jock and the sweetheart who made the mistake of dating the jock, really guys give us something new.
    The action was really predictable, hopefully there would be no sequel.
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    I Am Number Four is the most stupidest movie that I ever seen and it's really,really,really bad. What a waste of film for putting some effort that Michael Bay that promises will be good,but no it really sucks just like the rest of the films that are bad,even Transformers 2!
  15. Feb 18, 2011
    This film should be titled "I Am number Two". Twilight was not all that good, and this is a bad attempt at a copy of that model. The male lead seriously needs to take some acting classes.
  16. Feb 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am Number Four es una película con un final muy abierto, y que buscar parecerse a otras películas. Sin dudas que su personaje principal es un chico que en todo momento, tiene un papel de querer hacerse el canchero. No es mas que una película pasajera, y mal actuada, con un par de efectos especiales lindos pero que dejan mucho que desear a la hora de creerlos. I am Number Four es una película poco convincente. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Feb 26, 2011
    If you can make it through the bland schmaltz of the first half you'll be rewarded with a spectacular blast of sustained action and the promise of even better to come. This could be the start of something great.
  2. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Feb 21, 2011
    The recycling goes as deep as the dialogue, which is a mangled and blended refrain of clichés.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Bowles
    Feb 21, 2011
    Four is so cobbled with bits of other sci-fi and comic-book movies, there's little to distinguish it.