7.1

1. HeatherO
    Jun 16, 2005
    Some may say this movie is mearly a series of funny, but disconnected and confusing scenes. I say to those people: did you see the scene with the blanket?
  2. JoeM.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Best Movie that I've seen in years. It is defiantly not for everybody; it does not speak down to the least common denominator. Not everybody will understand this movie; the viewer must have had a glimpse of enlightenment. This movie is about becoming the Buddha and then coming back to Earth. It deals with extremely serious ideas, but it doesn?t take itself seriously. Like everything Best Movie that I've seen in years. It is defiantly not for everybody; it does not speak down to the least common denominator. Not everybody will understand this movie; the viewer must have had a glimpse of enlightenment. This movie is about becoming the Buddha and then coming back to Earth. It deals with extremely serious ideas, but it doesn?t take itself seriously. Like everything in this world, sometimes it?s the Buddha; sometimes it?s not. I can?t wait for the DVD to come out so that I can watch this movie over and over again (but I?ll have to wait just the same). Expand
  3. ok
    Oct 10, 2004
    How "Thirteen Conversations About One Thing" can be unanimously praised and this move can receive anything short of a perfect score absolutely baffles me. There are movies that aren't as smart as they think they are (13 Conversations, Happiness, even the decent Waking Life) and then there are movies that are smarter than anyone gives them credit for. Collateral, in my opinion, fell How "Thirteen Conversations About One Thing" can be unanimously praised and this move can receive anything short of a perfect score absolutely baffles me. There are movies that aren't as smart as they think they are (13 Conversations, Happiness, even the decent Waking Life) and then there are movies that are smarter than anyone gives them credit for. Collateral, in my opinion, fell into that category and Huckabees outdoes that one by a long shot. Brilliant, hilarious, and INCREDIBLY well acted (Oscar for Marky Mark?), I Heart Huckabees is the best major studio flick I've seen all year. Expand
  4. AjA.
    Oct 22, 2004
    Original in every way. I expected some serious ideas would be presented but it is the humor that suprised and the wonderful structure which all this fell under that gave this film a certain genius. I would expect that people would either love it dearly or hate it madly. A sign it is all good. Memorable as an experience.
  5. JB
    Oct 25, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic. I give it a 10 to offset the people who are so closeminded and absurdely over-reactionary just because they didn't understand the movie. Please go see this.
  6. johnn.
    Oct 1, 2005
    Fun & quirky & interesting- great music too.
  7. seand
    Mar 8, 2005
    If you didn't learn anything from this, your an idiot!
  8. KeirS.
    Sep 24, 2005
    Superb.
  9. DustinS.
    Mar 26, 2006
    Madly and refreshingly paced so not a scene, line, or even word is wasted in this mind-bending farce that had me giggiling and astounded. What a wonderful surprise -- I was astonished that so many critics were down on a film with so many tremdous actors giving tremendous performances. Every character delighted and every scene tingled with energy. This movie was so brisk to not allow a Madly and refreshingly paced so not a scene, line, or even word is wasted in this mind-bending farce that had me giggiling and astounded. What a wonderful surprise -- I was astonished that so many critics were down on a film with so many tremdous actors giving tremendous performances. Every character delighted and every scene tingled with energy. This movie was so brisk to not allow a minute of boredom-- at times laugh out loud funny. Must see! Expand
  10. DavidL
    Oct 17, 2004
    I'm not sure how many of these reviewers actually saw the film. It's absolutely brilliant and the score couldn't have been better.
  11. MichelleR
    Oct 17, 2004
    I don't handout many 10s, but this one is worth it. Don't go to it if you like the formula most movies follow. Outside of the box and hilarious. If you liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, you might like i heart huckabees. if you saw Human Nature and found it amusing but sort of shallow character-wise, my money is you'll like this movie.
  12. JaneA
    Oct 18, 2004
    Really wonderful and hilarious and brilliant.
  13. AliceZ
    Oct 23, 2004
    I don't really understand why the critics gave this movie such bad reviews. I thought it was very funny, very smart, and so much better that most of the garbage that gets made. If you want something different, go see this. You won't regret it.
  14. tonybob
    Oct 23, 2005
    I loved this movie so much i couldnt stop laughing everytime i watch it it gets funnier it never plays out. i think this is the most underrated movie this year. mark wahlberg was halarious everytime he's on the screen i cant stop laughing.
  15. JeremyD.
    Feb 21, 2005
    Brilliant! Not a good movie for many people because it's certainly not mainstream. Witty, quirky, odd, with a bit of philosophy thrown in. Great acting.
  16. BradS.
    Mar 21, 2005
    Refreshing movie that is actually about something real, or is it?
  17. BrentL
    Mar 23, 2005
    Seeing the movie once makes you laugh. Seeing it again makes you think. Seeing after that makes you act.
  18. eric
    Apr 1, 2005
    Probably one of, if not the best, comedy of the year. gets better with each viewing, too.
  19. alan
    May 23, 2005
    A movie that holds the cynics in such comtempt, while lecturing those that give too much of a sh.t about life. the movie's momentum keeps building until you look forward to the inevitable resolution in the last half hour. such an absurd exercise in character, design, and writing, that it may be a little too polarizing, but if you can go with it, t's a wonderful thing to watch.
  20. SteveB.
    Nov 17, 2004
    I went in expecting sophormoric discussions of philosophy, but it wasn't anything like that. I even put it off until a Monday night so I wouldn't feel like my weekend was ruined if it was terrible, but I wish I'd gone on a Saturday. Paid $9.25 to see it; would have paid about $15.
  21. Dan
    Oct 19, 2004
    A glass of water in insane times.
  22. DianeD
    Oct 29, 2004
    There is no remainder in the mathematics of infinity.
    Jan 25, 2005
    This movie is great!!! i thought the story on it was better then almost every other movie i have seen this year. it is a funny movie that i watch over and over. i recomend this to anyone who liiked gardenstate.
  24. ShanekwaP.
    Feb 25, 2005
    I think this is the best film of the year (sideways was great too). americans dont like to be challenged; and this wasnt that challenging of a movie, just smart. we are so used to watching movies based on video games and amusement rides, I fear theyll give an oscar to a commercial accidentally one of these years. walhberg--you can't beat that performance, and if you dont like that I think this is the best film of the year (sideways was great too). americans dont like to be challenged; and this wasnt that challenging of a movie, just smart. we are so used to watching movies based on video games and amusement rides, I fear theyll give an oscar to a commercial accidentally one of these years. walhberg--you can't beat that performance, and if you dont like that you could stare at Watts instead. its sad that we cant recognize a good use of film when we see it. Expand
  25. JanisT.
    Mar 23, 2005
    A funny, and stimulating movie. I loved it. It's definitely one of a kind.
  26. ShaunM.
    Dec 5, 2006
    My all time favorite movie. Smart. Funny. Generally amazing.
  27. CharlieN.
    May 17, 2006
    Brilliant, original, and hilarious!
  28. CJMorris
    Dec 11, 2007
    WARNING: this movie is NOT for a general audience like all books are not written for one person, etc. If you like philosophy and ideas, this is as good a dramatization as has been realized on screen. That's Russell's real achievement here. As for the cast, score, design, etc. it's terrific. Well done, Mr. Russell. This film has a heart and a voice that is infinite. An WARNING: this movie is NOT for a general audience like all books are not written for one person, etc. If you like philosophy and ideas, this is as good a dramatization as has been realized on screen. That's Russell's real achievement here. As for the cast, score, design, etc. it's terrific. Well done, Mr. Russell. This film has a heart and a voice that is infinite. An undeniable classic that captures the times. Expand
  29. JoeSchmoeR.
    Oct 8, 2004
    The current 53 rating for this film is dumbfounding. This is one of the most original, audacious, and funniest comedies I've seen in a long while. Highly recommended.
  30. JaneA.
    Oct 1, 2004
    This film is wonderfully funny. It's clever and dry and brilliantly absurd. You must see it.

1. Despite the unique premise and some truly inspired casting, the picture remains stuck in an existential rut of its own.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Ultimately, Huckabees doesn't work. But it sure does stimulate. This is just the kind of "failure" we could use plenty more of.
    Huckabees is the real thing--an authentic disaster--but the picture is so odd that it should inspire, in at least a part of the audience, feelings of fervent loyalty.