6.2

1. GeraldN.
    May 16, 2006
    A very, very self-indulgent film. It can provoke discussion of the "solve this puzzle" variety. Don't watch it unless you have a high threshold for being annoyed, because much of this movie seems intended to do just that. [***SPOILERS***] The main character, Gray Evans, is a movie wana-be who is probably a video rental clerk in real life. The entire movie is his fantasy-fugue, and A very, very self-indulgent film. It can provoke discussion of the "solve this puzzle" variety. Don't watch it unless you have a high threshold for being annoyed, because much of this movie seems intended to do just that. [***SPOILERS***] The main character, Gray Evans, is a movie wana-be who is probably a video rental clerk in real life. The entire movie is his fantasy-fugue, and every character in it is his creation. One additional scene would clarify this mess: start the movie with Gray (Ribisi) watching a movie alone, and slipping into daydreaming. Expand
  2. HansB.
    Apr 28, 2006
    You must be very, very intelligent to see and sit through a lot of uninteresting mambo jumbo of a non-existing little celebritiy world, in which selfpity is the main subject.
  3. NathanP.
    Nov 4, 2005
    I was lucky enough to see I Love Your Work at the Toronto Film Festival and waited endlessly for the picture to be released in theatres. I was thrilled to see that ThinkFilm was finally releasing the film this November. As a student filmmaker, the movie reminded me of why I want to make films. It keeps the audience questioning what is real and what is imagination up until the very end. I was lucky enough to see I Love Your Work at the Toronto Film Festival and waited endlessly for the picture to be released in theatres. I was thrilled to see that ThinkFilm was finally releasing the film this November. As a student filmmaker, the movie reminded me of why I want to make films. It keeps the audience questioning what is real and what is imagination up until the very end. Also, I felt the acting performances were fantastic, and Rabissi was given his due as a leading actor in a picture. He certainly does not disappoint, and I hope to see him in more leading roles in the future. I am ecstatic that I will be able to see this picture in theatres again unlike so many of the great festival films that are never seen by a large audience. Expand
  4. MovieCritic
    Nov 4, 2005
    Great style, dark humor, and challenging. Intelligent movie lovers will want to watch it again and again. Ribisi's best work and Goldberg reveals himself as a real talent.

1. Working with a self-consciously urgent, neo-noir style, Goldberg seems intent on expressing a meaningful message of some kind. It's too bad, then, that he has chosen such a shallow subject.
  2. Reviewed by: Kyle Smith
    Cinema vanité.
  3. Reviewed by: Andreas Neuenkirchen
    When the film goes into its second half, the initial fascination has almost worn off. You still want to see how the puzzle is put together, but you want to see it rather sooner than later.