Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: July 13, 2012
5.8
Mixed or average reviews based on 249 Ratings
Watch Now
anshimanJan 12, 2013
Ice Age 3 was horrible... This is abysmal. This 'film' has truly shown the definition of staying past your welcome, generic plots and tired dialogue.
SeriosityNov 4, 2012
The animation is good and scrap's bits are still chaotic fun, but the actual story is filled with cliches and ultimately dull and uninspired. Pure cashgrab.
giannis19962012Dec 19, 2012
Ice age wow, ice age 2 great, ice age 3 ok, ice age 4 screw this. When i first saw the trailer at cinema i said yes. But when i watched it, i was really disappointed. Our year is 2012. Where is the realistic animation? I think the animatorsIce age wow, ice age 2 great, ice age 3 ok, ice age 4 screw this. When i first saw the trailer at cinema i said yes. But when i watched it, i was really disappointed. Our year is 2012. Where is the realistic animation? I think the animators have lost their talent.
POSITIVES:
Sid
Negatives:
The film
sil3nt_nickMar 24, 2013
Even with decent actors, this movie was terrible. The plot was bad as well as the idea of the addition of the pirate crew. At least Scrat stuck around to give us a few more laughs.
jeff_reviewsJul 4, 2013
"Ice Age: Continental Drift" shows how not to do a sequel in most ways it's dull, the humor is so-so (even though it tries so hard), and the story line is flat out dumb.
FranzHcriticJul 30, 2014
The last, hopefully, of a disintegrating franchise. Stupid, over-written, too childish, and a complete, underwhelming and predictable bore. If they make the next sequel, you won't see me in those theaters. In fact, I'll make a habit ofThe last, hopefully, of a disintegrating franchise. Stupid, over-written, too childish, and a complete, underwhelming and predictable bore. If they make the next sequel, you won't see me in those theaters. In fact, I'll make a habit of changing the channel the next time Ice Age appears on a commercial. Ever. Expand
Delaforce828Oct 14, 2014
There's just nothing new to offer with these Ice Age films, it's just the same thing over, and over again, and doesn't do anything new. Still the visuals are nice, but the story and characters are just bland and boring.
utmamSep 2, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terrible terrible terrible. My daughters dragged me into the theatre for this, so I hesitantly allowed them so see it. Needless to say I went in with very low expectations... and still I was disappointed! Without giving anything away, could someone please explain to me how the bad guys managed to capture Manny's family??? That made NO sense to me at all. Could they have stereotyped the teenagers any worse? A family dumping their elder onto the family outcast, really? Captain Gutt said, "Sacrificing yourself for your daughter. How touching. And predictable." Too bad the writers didn't see the irony of that statement. I will never get those 90 minutes back. Should have napped. Expand
ioannis1996Dec 17, 2012
This is not a comedy. It's more like an adventure. It is really disgusting and it makes me sick. I think it wasn't necessary to make a fourth film. Im really disappointed.
ZalDec 20, 2012
I have horrible friends. How horrible? Well, when given a choice between The Dark Knight Rises, Moonrise Kingdom, and Ice Age 4, my friend chose the last on the list. Granted DKR was somewhat disappointing, but you can't honestly tell me thatI have horrible friends. How horrible? Well, when given a choice between The Dark Knight Rises, Moonrise Kingdom, and Ice Age 4, my friend chose the last on the list. Granted DKR was somewhat disappointing, but you can't honestly tell me that IA4 is the better choice!

I saw the first Ice Age movie as a kid and I liked it. The second one was stupid. The third one I haven't seen. Then there's this one.

Is it the worst kids movie ever? No. But it's still terrible. It's cliched and predictable. The subplot with Manny's daughter was the hardest part to sit through.

However, there were two things that kept me going. First, Scrat. Scrat is just as enjoyable as he's always been. There's this great scene between him and a siren which I won't spoil because it made me laugh so hard. Second, Peter Dinklage. Yep, Tyrion Lannister is in this movie. He plays the bad guy (stupid character btw). I couldn't tell who it was until the credits came up and I was close to doing a spit take when I saw his name.

That being said, this movie was dumb and boring. However, if your child forces you to watch this movie, there are some saving graces.
DrAwesomeONov 25, 2012
tasdfghjklkjghfdsadjkl;jhgfdsadfgjhdddddddddaaaaaaaaasssssssccccccccc5455ergdfhdfjhdfjfgjkfgjkgjdfhnjhudkl;jhgfdsadfghj this move was so bad i got autism
dyshpoMar 27, 2015
Utter filth it is full of the worst overused tropes of stupid kid films. Why do they keep using Scrat's sexual fetish as a running gag in a "children's" movie. The possum bros are so stupid they can't even understand the concept of death aUtter filth it is full of the worst overused tropes of stupid kid films. Why do they keep using Scrat's sexual fetish as a running gag in a "children's" movie. The possum bros are so stupid they can't even understand the concept of death a reference to Archer but in a "family friendly" film. More characters bigger cast of cool stupid people , Minaj , Drake, Josh Gad people who don't even know how to be a voice actor. The worst Jennifer Lopez constant sex kitten yuck. Dinklage is way out of his league. Expand
jominjohnJul 30, 2013
one of the worst movies eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
superbatJul 29, 2016
All the new characters in this film are bullcrap, I only like Sid, Manfred and Diego. I hate everything else. The plot is horrible, no new ideas are in this film. I've given up on this franchise, I'm gonna skip Collision Course. The onlyAll the new characters in this film are bullcrap, I only like Sid, Manfred and Diego. I hate everything else. The plot is horrible, no new ideas are in this film. I've given up on this franchise, I'm gonna skip Collision Course. The only reason why they still make these is because they only want to make money, not please the audience. Expand
SomePersonaFeb 10, 2017
Pandering, blunt, bland, stupid, stupid, and stupid. Its writing is cheesy schmaltz, and the dumb message is spread past its idiocy to its core limit.