6.9

1. Oct 25, 2012
    This film has its share of entertaining moments, but we've seen it all before. It's harmless entertainment but it shouldn't be compared to higher ranking movies. Then the movie would suck all the time because how can a recent animated movie be compared to Citizen Kane. You just can't because they're both entirely different. As long as nobody does that the movie will be fine, but just not great.

However Scrat will always be the star of the series. He's like Wile E. Coyote except with an acorn and without a "genius" mind.
  2. Oct 4, 2010
    This film disappointed me. I'm a fan of animated films, but this provided few thrills and the storyline was very slow and pointless. Perhaps it was the little kids in the cinema who were constantly saying "That wasn't funny" and shutting down every single joke that made me realise that this film doesn't even work for young children and the humour was predictable and only rarely put a smile on my face. It had its moments, but overall I thought this was a bore. Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    another sequel? wow. 20th Century must be very good at making sequels. so, our lovable heroes from the first two movies come face to face with Dinosaurs. thats quite impressive. whats my opinion of it? well, its... (gasp) HOLY CRAP!! it made so much money? dang. people must like this movie. where was I? oh, yes. well, the storyline was monotonous, but the animation was quite amusing and the characters were perfect. its a fast-paced sequel that kids will love.

Rating: 7/10
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    After the second movie let me down I wasn't looking forward to this, but it's humor aand the fact that the characters are once again enjoyable made this an enjoyable movie for me, the story also isn't half bad, while you shouldn't expect it to be as good as the first it is still a good movie.
  5. Feb 24, 2011
    The movie was ok. Humour wasn't good but at least it was watchable.
  6. May 28, 2012
    The graphics are great, especially in 3-D. The plot is okay but boring. The characters and the voice acting is terrible. Ice Age 3 was generally a descent film, but its predecessors are way better.........
  7. Oct 2, 2011
    although the jokes aren't really funny, the characters ultimately work and i especially liked the ending. in the end, ice age 3 was fun.
  8. May 11, 2012
    I didn't expect this. The story of Ice Age is more outrageous than ever. There is a bit more action in this one as it introduces dinosaur characters.
  9. Jan 2, 2012
    I enjoyed it more than the first two, but as a piece of storytelling it is bad. But boy is the squirrel hilarious not enough to have a spin- off but to almost make this movie work. I give this movie 49%.
  10. Dec 2, 2012
    Better then Ice Age 2 but still flawed. Buck, the newest character in the Ice Age series, is very likeable and funny. The plot is a little generic but easy to look past because it's mature like the first film's plot (The first film was taking care of a baby, The third is about growing up). It's funny, like all Ice Age films. The only problems I had with it was that it was a little anti-climactic and at times rather predictable. Besides that, It's definently a step up from the second film. Expand
  11. Feb 11, 2012
    The first 20 minutes or so are boring as hell, and will have you wanting to leave the theatre. However, once the gang goes underground into the dinosaur world it starts to get really interesting and funny. 3 new characters are added them being Buck (a weasel who lives in the underground dinosaur world trying to kill the biggest, baddest dinosaur Rudy) Peaches (Manny and Ellie's daughter) and the nameless squirel rat thing who plays the love of Scrat. In fact, the one thing I hated about this movie was that Scrat became incredibly boring. Oh well, it was a pretty awesome movie and I definetely recommend it to any fan of the series, kids, or even adults! Oh and by the way, you don't need to see it in 3D for it to be good. AND, I personally think it's the best of the trilogy. Expand
  12. Mar 8, 2014
    The use of 3-D in this film is fantastic. The ultimate disappointment in this movie is that the jokes seem all recycled and too cliché. It's still intelligent in several places, mind you, and is recommended for kids who enjoyed the first two.
  13. Jan 12, 2013
    Ridiculously predictable, corny and extremely childish, Ice Age 3 can only be enjoyed by children or the childish. This movie truly sucks in as many aspects I can think of.
  14. Jul 23, 2012
    It's probably the worst Ice Age movie I've seen so far, but that doesn't mean I think it's BAD. But comparing the first one with this one, it has NOTHING on the first movie. But still, it's good, but the franchise is focusing on humor more and more and less and less on charm and emotion.

Pros: Action, humor, intimidating dinosaurs, a INSANELY hilarious character
    Cons: Lacks most
    of the charm and emotion the first one has Expand
  15. Feb 4, 2013
    The movie is good, but it is the worst of the series, but spend some time seeing it.
  16. Jan 5, 2013
    Comeone Blue Sky Studios, you're cabable of better than this. Scrat is okay; not as good as in Ice Age 2, I liked the scenes with him and that female Scratte, but don't worry, she doesn't return in Ice Age 4. Now, I really like the idea of exploring an underground world of Dinosaurs and searching for Sid and I really like the story and what Sid does, he is brilliant, Manny and Ellie are excited for their baby and Sid is jealous, so he goes taking 3 Dinosaur eggs to look after them, but he doesn't know how to (obviously) and it turns into a disaster and Sid is taken away, but I think they just ran out of ideas during the script or decided that 1 Dinosaur was appropriate and no other Dinosaurs to get in the way of the search for Sid and that they would have to avoid them, and then they could just not think of much, you will watch this and forget a lot of this in the end and it annoys me they don't even travel far in the underground world. There is only 2 dinosaurs the 2nd one turns up for a minute in the end to attack, it's stupid and a big contradiction towards the title and direction "DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS" a big step back for the Ice Age series. This is supposed to be the underground Dinosaur world not a jungle that happens to have a Dinosaur making babies, I expected better, we should all expect better than this. I like the story, Sid is entertaining and they had great ideas for Ice Age, but they just could not handle it well and especially screwed it up only putting in 1 Dinosaur and no others throughout and that's the main problem. Expand
  17. Jan 29, 2013
    A better Ice Age movie than the poorly made predesscors. Charcaters are funny and story will touch your heart. The best Ice Age movie. Also, more comedy than the early movie Ice Age 2. And finally it is set somewhere instead the Ice Age boring setting, the ice.
  18. Feb 21, 2013
    I just can not believed that the crittics gave this movies such a bad rating. This film is funny, but at the ending is not so well
  19. Mar 13, 2013
    Great adventure, super story and great fun with Manny,Sid,Diego,Elly,Crash,Eddie and Buck! This movie is just awesome! The age doesn't matter, i recommend it to all kids,teens,adults! The only thing is, how/why/ the dinosaurs live underground?Also i think this part should be called "Dinosaur Age" because there was no ice in the 80% of the movie. But that's not really a issues at all! I think it's a must watch for all people who love to be positive and who love fun! My final score is 9/10 Expand
  20. Mar 24, 2013
    Simon Pegg joins the cast when the group accidentally lands themselves into an underground world full of dinosaurs that were supposed to be long dead. Humorous and good for kids, this was the last Ice Age film to impress me.
  21. Jan 28, 2014
    More mundane, incoherent, and jumbled-up than any of the first two, 'Dawn of Dinosaurs' is an unnecessary sequel that permanently destroys the franchise, and any sequels.
  22. Nov 16, 2013
    Ice Age 3 is a cool refreshment.
    The movie isn't by any means spectacular, and can be tiresome at times. The very fact that its Ice Age 3 alone will have many irritated to say the least. It succeeds its comic aspect mainly do to the introduction of a few new characters that are very successful. The adventure exceeds the meltdown and the film flourishes at times. Overall its not good but
    it keeps from being roadkill. Expand
  23. Oct 9, 2014
    Having seen only this and the original with my son, I can say we both really enjoyed them each, and about equally. I caution them against further sequels, as they may soon be running out of fresh ideas.
  24. Apr 2, 2014
    ice age trilogy is creative and great bu the sequel was kinda thrilling . this is worth watching for
    Grade for ice age 3 B+
    Grade for ice age 4 C+
    .......
  25. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is second film series that I did a personal research on and there are many negative reviews. I don't understand why most film critics and movie reviewers don't like this film. It is understandable for the first two films as there are plenty of shortcomings but this film is certainly so much better than predecessors. Not to mention, this film series is also rightfully children films; you can't expect it not to be lovable and be more appealing to children. There are already thousands of films out there that are more appealing to adults more than children and while their opinions may not affect all the audience worldwide... Come on, don't be harsh! D;

Anyway, kudos to Blue Sky Studios. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) is a delightful sequel and a very pleasant one. I love how the characters has been improved and developed since the last film and I liked this version of them, especially Manny and Ellie! There are also even more prehistoric baby animals in this film, I loved the baby mammoth and baby dinosaurs so much; they are so cute! How not to become a fan of Ice Age after watching this? T-T

Okay, moving away from commenting based personal likings, this film has beautiful visuals and an interesting world inspired by prehistoric times. Each film they introduce more distinct characters and add more spice to it; the plot is simple but fun to watch. It is truly a great pleasure to watch them again many days ago just to write on this!

On who will like this... If you liked their first and second film, you'll find yourself liking this film. Majority of people can never have enough of Scrat so people who loved him and prehistoric lovers will love this film too!

If you have never watched the Ice Age films, I would recommend you to watch this first as the first two films may be dead boring for you mature movie lovers.
  26. Sep 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. É legal e tem uma boa história, mas é o mais fraco de toda a franquia. Um bom filme para assistir sempre,mas eu não recomendo muito. Você pode tirar proveito da história da dinossaura e Sid e do nascimento da Amora. Expand
  27. Oct 14, 2014
    The third Ice Age is unfortunately a little bit worse, and feels unrealistic and might confuse kids about actuality, I'll admit that the dinosaurs look cool, and some of the fight scenes are really well done, but other than that there's just nothing.

1. Pretty much any sign of creative life gets left out in the cold in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, the monotonous, strictly by-the-numbers third edition of the wildly lucrative digitally animated franchise.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    With appreciably greater emphasis on action than its predecessors, and clever use of 3-D trickery to enhance storytelling as well as offer spectacle, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs could prove the third time really is the charm.
    It involves some of the best use of 3-D I've seen in an animated feature. It also introduces a masterstroke that essentially allows the series to take place anywhere: There is this land beneath the surface of the earth, you see...