7.7

1. Dec 1, 2012
    It's not that it was a bad movie, It's ok. However, It simply didn't have the charm that made the first film so likeable. Also, I really didn't care much for the new characters either, Found them more annoying then funny.
  2. Dec 31, 2013
    Decidedly worse than the original, Ice Age: The Meltdown piles on whatever story is left over from the first movie, and does it sloppily at best. Save your money.
  3. Mar 26, 2011
    As much as I loved the first one I was extremely excitied for this movie, but let me down in every way, the new characters aren't enjoyable, and the story is nowhere as good as the first one was, it was a huge disappointment.
  4. Oct 6, 2011
    Errr..."Ice Age: The Meltdown" is a obvious-patterned sequel for Dream Work's "Ice Age". Nothing really changed and the tone is consistent which, in the end, lowers the bar for audiences who crave for a new tone or insight.
  5. May 11, 2012
    This sequel introduces some more great characters. The story takes a different approach to the story and it is slightly better than the first.
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    I didn't know they released a sequel after the first movie came out. saw it in theaters in spring of 2006 and enjoyed it. its not my favorite in the series, but since its a grossing movie of 2006, I think its perfect.
  7. Jan 2, 2012
    Adding more characters doesn't help it and the squirrel still outshines them all, but it is incredibly animated and greatly heartwarming. I give this film 59%.
  8. Jan 28, 2014
    Not as well made as the predecessor, but with enough laughs to make it re-watchable. There is less of a storyline in 'the Meltdown', as the predecessor was about how these group of polar opposites learned to live together, but this is just a typical survival/apocalyptic plot, which is far less interesting than the original.
  9. Jan 4, 2015
    Why does this exist and if it had to why couldn’t just be direct to DVD? Ice Age The Meltdown is like does Land Before Time sequels pointless and little purpose to existing. Most of the jokes aren’t that funny, the story is drawn out, most of the new characters aren’t interesting, and its dull and eye rolling most of the time. The frustrating part is that the animation is really good andWhy does this exist and if it had to why couldn’t just be direct to DVD? Ice Age The Meltdown is like does Land Before Time sequels pointless and little purpose to existing. Most of the jokes aren’t that funny, the story is drawn out, most of the new characters aren’t interesting, and its dull and eye rolling most of the time. The frustrating part is that the animation is really good and this was a studio project. Also, its Blue Sky’s first sequel and this was their chance to show they put effort into their sequels by giving us something on par with Shrek 2. Unfortunately this is one of those forgettable, skippable sequels. Unless you are a child who loved Ice Age this is one film you can afford to miss. Expand
  10. Mar 8, 2014
    This sequel is just like the first, but with more action and is more fast-paced. The animation is fantastic, but once again, the script is the issue at hand. I still enjoyed the first one more.
  11. Mar 11, 2015
    The one little issue I had with this film was that it was sometimes too intent on being funny that it forgot the story line. Other than that, the characters were lovable and even though it's not as good as the first one, it won't let you down.
  12. Nov 13, 2013
    Ice Age loses its coolness.
    With the second installment of this prehistoric adventure squad, Ice Age is still successful in making jokes and having some redeeming qualities. With that being said, its script just doesn't match its prequel's.
  13. Feb 4, 2013
    A classic of animation. This movie is supposedly for kids, but parents will enjoy it more.
  14. Mar 13, 2013
    I couldn't wait for this I bought it the same MINUTE it got in the local video-stores! Ice Age is my personal number 1 animation franchise of all-time! "The Meltdown" is AMAZING! You shouldn't miss a masterpiece like this! My final score for this amazing experience is 10/10
  15. Jul 4, 2011
    Not as good as the first movie but it's enjoyable but just by the skin of it's teeth.
  16. Mar 24, 2013
    A hilarious sequel to the less exciting "Ice Age" depicts the journey of the gang, joined by Diego, a saber-toothed cat, where in the process of trying to escape an inevitable flood, meet another mammoth who lives with two possums.
  17. May 28, 2012
    The film is good but lacks that sympathy that the first film had. The story is quite incomplete, for me. Though, the graphics are great and the voice acting is descent. But still, the first movie gets me more than this one............
  18. Apr 9, 2015
    ice age 2 is kind of on the same level as the first ice age but I think the lst movie is a little bit better. this one good but not as good as the 1st.
  19. Jan 29, 2013
    I thought this would be a good improvement, but sadly no. Just a impossible plot where you can't tell were the story. It has its moments. But the 3rd is better. =(
  20. Oct 9, 2014
    The weakest of the first three films of the series. It's still quite commendable for its subtle and humourous look at the importance of environmentalism.
  21. Oct 14, 2014
    Not exactly better, or as good as the first Ice Age, but not terrible. It defiantly ups the anti with the humor, more specifically the small squirrel Scrat who is given a ton of funny moments. The story is kinda' weak but not bad.
  22. Feb 6, 2012
    Holarious! That's almost everything you need to say about Ice Age 2 - The Meltdown. It has everything you want from a CGI movie. Make sure you watched the first Ice Age before than it's even more fun! I don't get the Metacritics. WATCH IT!
  23. Sep 13, 2014
    Impressionante. O melhor "A Era do Gelo" para mim. O filme fala sobre amizade e amor,além de ser bem divertido e conter histórias que se cruzam. Palmas e mais palmas.
  24. Feb 11, 2012
    There have been many CGI animated films and a huge wave of them started to flood Hollywood starting in 2006. The reason? When Shrek 2 made $910 million worldwide everyone got interested in it... but what about this movie? Why am I giving it a 10/10? The movie isn't flawless as I feel it won't appeal to a lot of people, but this is a groundbreaking CGI animated film. This is the firstThere have been many CGI animated films and a huge wave of them started to flood Hollywood starting in 2006. The reason? When Shrek 2 made $910 million worldwide everyone got interested in it... but what about this movie? Why am I giving it a 10/10? The movie isn't flawless as I feel it won't appeal to a lot of people, but this is a groundbreaking CGI animated film. This is the first animated movie that created actual expressive characters, it wasn't just a collection of billions of polygons but characters felt ALIVE. The film's plot is a magical retelling of Noah's Ark biblical story and will please animated movie fans and young kids. Expand
  25. Apr 20, 2013
    Not better than the very disappointing orginal. Still, average animation, lame and unfunny characters, childish jokes, aimed at 4 year olds and toddlers, very weak and dull story line that should interest teenagers or adults.
  26. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Certainly it has decent improvements in various aspects but the adventure part is not so exciting. However, the animation is beautiful and the story is definitely better so it makes up for it cause when compared to its first film, there are more details and characters are introduced in this sequel.

Last film was about three prehistoric animals and a baby; this film is about variety of herds of prehistoric animals traveling together to migrate to a safer environment to live in with several predators in the way in addition to more fun and humor. That is a huge improvement I'd say and I really liked their character designs. Probably strange but honest, I love the underlying ecological message most, which is the survival of the fittest. And oh, Scrat appears more too!
  27. Jan 4, 2013
    This movie is underrated, it deserves far better than 57 or 58%, I expect a score of around 83% for this and you don't judge a movie by the critics. This movie is great and I really like the colours. The environment is beautiful, like as the camera moves further away when Manny, Sid and Diego are on top of the dam, I really want to look far over there in detail. The scenes are great, theThis movie is underrated, it deserves far better than 57 or 58%, I expect a score of around 83% for this and you don't judge a movie by the critics. This movie is great and I really like the colours. The environment is beautiful, like as the camera moves further away when Manny, Sid and Diego are on top of the dam, I really want to look far over there in detail. The scenes are great, the Scrat scenes are entertaining and the story is great I like the idea of it and it introduces 3 new characters a female mammoth and 2 rat-like brothers called Crash & Eddie, don't worry it's not poorly done, these characters are good. But what I do strongly criticise is with the end, something that should remain a mystery. I know this is a happy story but whether Manny and Ellie "are" or not should be kept a mystery throughout the franchise and something for them to think about, you'll know what I mean. But it doesn't make this movie bad or anything, I really like this. There is no age recommendation, whether you enjoy this or not depends on what sort of things you like and the way you are, but go watch this it's 8.5/10. Expand
  28. May 15, 2011
    This movie is definitely better than its prequel!
  29. Jul 23, 2012
    It isn't as good as the first one, but it's still a good movie. Although it lacks SOME charm from the first one, it still has emotional scenes and humor. The new characters aren't bad, the plot is good, the villains are VERY scary, it's a good sequel.

7/10 Pros: New characters, intimidating villains and good emotional scenes and humor Cons: Lacks some charm from the first one, doesn't

Pros: New characters, intimidating villains and good emotional scenes and humor
    Cons: Lacks some charm from the first one, doesn't have the number "2" on the title
  30. Oct 7, 2010
    Feb 1, 2008
    This movie missed the charm that the first film had.
  32. TommyD.
    Mar 31, 2006
    This was a great movie i'm am just a kid and i thought it was great.
  33. BelloR.
    Apr 13, 2006
    the first one was an experiment, the second one is in process to be an excelent movie!. Third will be the best?
  34. MegB.
    Apr 6, 2006
    Great entertainment, better than I expected based on the reviews. Funny and cute, very similar to the first film with more footage of Scrat and the acorn!
  35. Scratty
    Apr 6, 2006
    Funny, original, crazy!, dont follow disney's cliches, an animated movie for all ages, dont lose it.
  36. MarcoR.
    Apr 9, 2006
    Excelente película, la mejor producción venezolana de los últimos tiempos en cuanto a calidad de producción. La trama refleja una de las crudas realidades de Venezuela, la cual son los secuestros; y que tiene muy recientes ejemplos con el caso Sindoni y el caso de los hermanos Faddoul. Los actores son buenos, pero no excelentes, y a veces caen en la Excelente película, la mejor producción venezolana de los últimos tiempos en cuanto a calidad de producción. La trama refleja una de las crudas realidades de Venezuela, la cual son los secuestros; y que tiene muy recientes ejemplos con el caso Sindoni y el caso de los hermanos Faddoul. Los actores son buenos, pero no excelentes, y a veces caen en la exageración del palabrerio, pero cumplen la función principal, que es la de demostrar roles de la sociedad venezolana, que son impalpables para quienes viven fuera de los barrios más peligrosos de Caracas. La historia no me sorprende, de hecho es muy predecible, aburrida y poco imaginativa; porque los secuestrados caen una y otra vez en momentos de angustía y desesperación, que solo una persona maldita con la mala suerte puede conseguir. La historia pudo haber sido mucho mejor. Expand
  37. BubbleM.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Someone told me that this movie was good but not better than the first, but they were wrong. It's just about the same as the first: a great, family comedy that's worth watching.
  38. DavidG.
    Mar 27, 2006
    I thought it was better than the first film. Very funny. I saw a screening with a group in our mid-20s and we all loved it. Queen Latifah is hilarious.
  39. ColinA.
    Mar 27, 2006
    Loved it. Better than any movie Dreamworks has made to date.
  40. Bella
    Apr 11, 2006
    Dont listen critics cause movies are made to forget regrets and pain, let yourself to raise to a cloud of good entertainment and lauhgs. An excelent movie.
  41. GaborA.
    Apr 10, 2006
    Not as good as the original. The two main problems are lack of story and Diego who used to be the straight forward sharp comic of the group has no moments leaving only silly Sid and company visual gags. But then again its Ice Age, still awesome, when's 3 coming out?
  42. Topping
    Apr 10, 2006
    Poor Minds of those critics, some lose the ability of enjoy a innocent Story... is sad because they give good rates to war movies ( or related to sex ). This is magic. 10
  43. Frenchy
    Apr 10, 2006
    Good movie, good recommendation. Dont miss it.
  44. BabyT.
    Apr 13, 2006
    My whole famaly and I really enjoyed this fantastic and funny animation!, its great.
  45. SallyF.
    Apr 10, 2006
    Who listens to critics. I loved it from the moment it started. Sid is great, Diego is tops, Manny is inspiring, but Skritch is the Best! Queen Latifah was cute, worked for me, loved it all.
  46. SarahT.
    Wow, what a movie.
  47. TonyL.
    Apr 5, 2006
    I thought the first one was better. But this sequel is not a bad one to spend your money on. They should give the possums their own movie.
  48. GaryM.
    Apr 7, 2006
    What a great sequel -- Fun way to spend a Saturday with plenty of laughs. Forget the critics, they take themselves too seriously.
  49. CarlC.
    Apr 9, 2006
    It was pretty cool. I really liked it.
  50. Chapuzón
    Apr 9, 2006
    Has everything to be a blockbuster and fight for best animated pic next oscars, only Cars can be superior... but maybe it wont.
  51. Moreice
    Apr 9, 2006
    Yes!!, they dont forget any character, you can see their evolutions, a very movie to enjoy again and again.
  52. Fatty
    Apr 9, 2006
    I already want my dvd of this amazing movie!. Good story.
  53. BM
    Dec 29, 2006
    Superb animation, great characters, and just darn funny! If you loved the original you will love this. And to those who have moaned about the story and plot, come on! This isn't 'The Godfather Part II'. It's a movie for kids and the kid in all of us. Just forget your problems for 90 minutes and let yourself laugh like a kid again.
  54. GordonG.
    Apr 11, 2006
    The whole family went, the whole family (6 to 58) were cracking up laughing for virtually the entire movie. Critics take themselves far too seriously and actually believe that people are influenced by their drivel.
  55. MarkBayer
    Apr 10, 2006
    It would be easy just to summarize this enjoyable sequel to Blue Sky's CGI-animated blockbuster as the ultimate "if you liked Numero Uno, ditto with Numero Dos" movie, but some special congratulations are in order. After Blue Sky scored with the original, they made the disastrous mistake of trying to top themselves in all the wrong ways, and as a result we got Robots, a visually It would be easy just to summarize this enjoyable sequel to Blue Sky's CGI-animated blockbuster as the ultimate "if you liked Numero Uno, ditto with Numero Dos" movie, but some special congratulations are in order. After Blue Sky scored with the original, they made the disastrous mistake of trying to top themselves in all the wrong ways, and as a result we got Robots, a visually outlandish but criminally underwritten (and thoroughly unattractive and unappealing) farrago crammed with witless, desperate pop-culture one-liners and gratuitous but completely indistinctive celebrity voice casting. Praise the heavens that the writers, animators, designers (and let's be honest about it, the bean counters too) at Blue Sky at least temporarily renounced the errors of their ways and returned to what served them so well in the original Ice Age: restrained but effective visuals, solid scripting, plotting and gagwriting, distinctive and appealing characterizations, and vocal choices made with almost laser- (or Pixar-) like precision. Many adults (and pretty much ALL kids) know the drill by now: irascible saber-toother tiger Diego, morose mammoth Manny, and friendly but irritating sloth Sid make a trek from Point A to Point B, fighting the elements, various other creatures, and sometimes each other, along the way; it's simple, but it works. Denis Leary is a tad underused this time as Diego, but John Leguizamo's natural a-little-bit-of-him-goes-a-long-way qualities are perfect for Sid, and Ray Romano makes the widowed Manny wonderfully Eeyore-like. An added romantic element is effortlessly inserted as Manny attempts to kindle an on-again, off-again romance with lady mammoth Ellie (a typically witty and charismatic Queen Latifah) that's constantly roadblocked by his memories of the past and her utter conviction that she's a possum. (For the second time in a row in an Ice Age movie, we get some Traumatic Mammoth Flashback Footage that provides backstory, but if your little one couldn't take Dumbo's heartbreaking seperation from his mom, best take him or her out for an obligatory bathroom break.) It's a real compliment to Romano, Latifah and their writers that this subplot manages to contain more urgency and rooting interest than is evident in 90% of the live-action romcoms released in the last 5 years. All this, and a delicious back-comic musical sequence performed by vultures, too! And no, I haven't forgotten Scrat, the scruffy little squirrel-rat whose perpetually twitchy demeanor suggests that of a 70-year-old man who's lived right next to the airport for most of his life. There's a lot more of him and his agonizing, Sisyphean struggle to get and keep his beloved acorn this time around, here reaching epic and even theological proportions. If the noticeably increased Scrat sequences are the result of market research inquiries indicating that audiences wanted to see more of him, then here's a rare case of pollsters actually IMPROVING a movie rather than the reverse. Many comparisons have been made between Scrat and Wile E. Coyote, but while Wile E. pretty much just wants to eat the Road Runner, Scrat is even more acutely sympathetic because in the few, frustratingly fleeting moments when he gets to hold on to the acorn (which is almost a seperate character in and of itself), his facial expression, body language and sounds demonstrate more genuine love and tenderness toward the object of his devotion than I've seen some mothers show toward their babies! Some years ago the General Mills cereal company asked the TV-viewing public to vote on whether the similarly thwarted Trix Rabbit should finally be allowed to eat a bowl of his favorite sugary breakfast treat; the vote was "yes" by an overwhelming majority. If Blue Sky ever decides to conduct a similar survey involving Scrat and his acorn, mark me down in advance as the first yea vote. Lord knows, the poor little guy has certainly earned it! Expand
  56. EricY.
    Apr 1, 2006
    It was o.k. Funny in parts. Geared more for kids, but I liked it. It wouldn't be the worst movie you've ever seen. Worthwhile.
  57. HugoS.
    Apr 12, 2006
    I was a child again with this second-good part.
  58. ChickenL.
    Apr 13, 2006
    Better than chicken little, robots and madagascar. A movie done by Ingenius and creativity.
  59. RafaelC.
    Apr 16, 2006
    Way better than Chicken Little, But for me it's just another Pixar Wannabe Movie, you'll probably laugh in some parts, and the Visuals are excellent, Great for Kids and adults too.
  60. KevinR.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Fine movie for kids, but it's the same stuff you've seen before.
  61. KeithA.
    Apr 20, 2006
    This movie was plain out hilarious! Scrat and the sloth were the best. Had a great story and was a sit and relax movie. If I got to see it again I would definitely go!
  62. M-Stylez
    Apr 8, 2006
    Colin A. What are you smoking? "Better than any movie Dreamworks has made to date?" Come on. "Wallace and Gromit" and "Chicken Run" were two of the greatest animations of all time. Ice Age 2 is a retread, but funny, but definitely not Dreamworks
  63. ACSlater
    Apr 8, 2006
    Very entertaining. It's not breaking any new ground but we really enjoyed it.
  64. Kontrolla
    Apr 9, 2006
    Estaba esceptico, no creia que fuern a superar a la primera y lo hicieron y en grande, muy buena secuela, con mas apariciones de Scrat, estan todos locos en esta cinta, por eso te hace reir tanto, por ocurrentes. mejor que las ulimas 4 movies de Dreamworks. THIS REALLY WORKS.
  65. BETURTLE
    Apr 9, 2006
    Good!, let this page and go see it...an excelent animated tale, I want a third part.
  66. FrankO.
    May 1, 2006
    The voices of the main characters are very good, especially Ray Romano's. The plot line is okay but this movie is way too long; too many added scenes with them being too long..not necessarily for kids but they enjoy it.
  67. Malcolm
    May 13, 2006
    Good plot, funny characters, no sick inside jokes that kids wont pick up on. Although the queen latifah character gets kind of annoying, besides that it was a great movie.
  68. AmurabiM.
    Jun 27, 2006
    "Ice Age the Meltdown" looks like an uninspired CGI animation with a poor storyline and an accent in physical comedy rather than story itself. The trouble is that slapstick is much puerile and childish than its creators want. An adult doesn't laugh with this, and all originality disappears for a standard child-animated film.
  69. Alex
    Aug 1, 2006
    i think i'm dreaming. Ice Age 2 is one of those rarities. you know the ones that i'm talking about. the sequels that are almost, if not just as good as the original. yes, believe it or not, Ice Age 2 was almost as good as its predecessor. the humor balanced between child-friendly and keeping the older age groups entertained quite nicely, and thankfully there weren't too i think i'm dreaming. Ice Age 2 is one of those rarities. you know the ones that i'm talking about. the sequels that are almost, if not just as good as the original. yes, believe it or not, Ice Age 2 was almost as good as its predecessor. the humor balanced between child-friendly and keeping the older age groups entertained quite nicely, and thankfully there weren't too many re-used jokes, as seems to be the recent trend with comedy sequels these days. the two alligator-things that appeared periodically throughout the movie were kinda pointless, and really just felt like filler to keep the action moving. perhaps the best part about the movie were the scrat sequences. simply hilarious. Ellie, Crash, and Eddie were nice additions to the cast, but sometimes became a little annoying. overall, 8.5 out of 10. Expand
  70. RyanJ.
    Aug 22, 2006
    i must say i watched this film on the plane to cyprus and before it started had no hope for it i thought what hope have i got for this, but i was so wrong, the plot was brilliant, still hilarious and still ahd the sad-happy storyline and of course finished off with another brilliant ending, i was very pleased to see that the new characters fitted into the movie well and were not boring i must say i watched this film on the plane to cyprus and before it started had no hope for it i thought what hope have i got for this, but i was so wrong, the plot was brilliant, still hilarious and still ahd the sad-happy storyline and of course finished off with another brilliant ending, i was very pleased to see that the new characters fitted into the movie well and were not boring but equally as interesting, good movie overall. Expand
  71. Bendik
    Aug 23, 2007
    I loved the first Ice Age movie, but this is not good. There is one thing they forgot that ruined the whole movie: A MOVIE WITHOUT A PLOT IS USUALLY NOT ANY GOOD.
  72. MarcM.
    Mar 28, 2006
    Funny movie. my older kids loved it too.
  73. Gallan
    Apr 12, 2006
    I can recommend this movie for all ages and kind of public.
  74. KeriS
    Jul 12, 2007
    first of all, i would like to start with that i aggree with Bubble M. it is as good as the first one. Amurabi M. was wrong. my dad loved the movie, and just laughed! Ice Age the meltdown is a great movie. all the characters are back, Sid is still my favorite, and the plot was just great. i thought the movie was very suspenseful, because i was scared to death that somebody would die. first of all, i would like to start with that i aggree with Bubble M. it is as good as the first one. Amurabi M. was wrong. my dad loved the movie, and just laughed! Ice Age the meltdown is a great movie. all the characters are back, Sid is still my favorite, and the plot was just great. i thought the movie was very suspenseful, because i was scared to death that somebody would die. it's a movie that you can just lol at, and just cry all the time at, because it's very emotional. this movie was said to be for kids, but i say it's more for big kids and adults. little kids don't understand the jokes, the humor, and don't understand how much danger the characters are in, except that they know that something bad is happening. but this is just one of the best movies of all time. it's one of those sequels that doesn't fail. the only negative thing that i found, was that a could of the characters had 10% of something that made them different. but they still look great. i guess it's something that the characters get a new look, and they look better. anyways, don't doubt until you see the movie. i only know that some people hated it, because of the stuff that was in it, that wasn't necessary. doesn't matter. it was Great! Expand
  75. BrandonS
    Jul 21, 2007
    I prefer the original, but only slightly. This was an excellent continuation of the original story, and the new themes were interesting and current. Some professional reviews mention a lack of emotional pull. On the contrary, I laughed and, a couple times, I teared up a little bit from the heartwarming moments. A very good movie, recommended for all ages.

It's more like watching a typical animated-shorts collection - a few highlights, a lot of clinkers - than like watching an actual movie.
  2. Ice Age: The Meltdown blithely looks on the bright side of life, amassing a screen full of vultures to sing and dance ''Food Glorious Food'' and daring us not to get happy.
    This is a lackluster film that exists exclusively because its predecessor made money.