7.9

1. Dec 31, 2013
    Decidedly worse than the original, Ice Age: The Meltdown piles on whatever story is left over from the first movie, and does it sloppily at best. Save your money.
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    Not better than the very disappointing orginal. Still, average animation, lame and unfunny characters, childish jokes, aimed at 4 year olds and toddlers, very weak and dull story line that should interest teenagers or adults.
  3. Oct 6, 2011
    Errr..."Ice Age: The Meltdown" is a obvious-patterned sequel for Dream Work's "Ice Age". Nothing really changed and the tone is consistent which, in the end, lowers the bar for audiences who crave for a new tone or insight.
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    As much as I loved the first one I was extremely excitied for this movie, but let me down in every way, the new characters aren't enjoyable, and the story is nowhere as good as the first one was, it was a huge disappointment.

It's more like watching a typical animated-shorts collection - a few highlights, a lot of clinkers - than like watching an actual movie.
  2. Ice Age: The Meltdown blithely looks on the bright side of life, amassing a screen full of vultures to sing and dance ''Food Glorious Food'' and daring us not to get happy.
    This is a lackluster film that exists exclusively because its predecessor made money.