8.0

1. May 27, 2013
    I found this a very engaging film with some very interesting characters and an intriguing story line. It’s beautifully shot; making the most of the landscape, showing off the wide open spaces of the region. There is also some nice close-up work in which we get to see many of the small creatures that inhabit the fields. All the performances were excellent; particularly Giuseppe Cristiano; he really held the thing together with some great work! Over all, I can safely say I enjoyed this one although I did find it a little predictable towards the end but I think it’s still worth a look.

SteelMonster’s verdict: RECOMMENDED

My score: 7.9/10
  2. Jul 5, 2014
    "I'm Not Scared" is like a tale. It's effective and balance placing mystery part, crime-drama part, thriller part and inspiring-story part in whole scene, supported by a well-acted performances and beautiful shot.

1. Reviewed by: Christopher Zinsli
    I’m Not Scared manages to convey a truthful approach to the beginning of the end of childhood.
  2. Reviewed by: Andrea Gronvall
    This extraordinary Italian thriller is a study in contrasts: light versus dark, youth versus maturity, the playful versus the lethal.
  3. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    While another director might have imbued the story of a Sicilian boy awakened to his parents' involvement in child abduction with more emotional weight and thematic depth, Salvatores' classically illustrative treatment should open arthouse doors for the visually sumptuous production.