7.0

1. BrianR.
    Dec 12, 2003
    Just terrible. Absolutely terrible. A far cry from "My Life to Live" or "Breathless".
  2. JaiA.
    Apr 6, 2003
    A lot of viewers will be befuddled by this non-linear piece of storytelling and commentary. But like many works of art In Praise of Love is more rewarding with each viewing. I've seen it three times, and will go back again if I have the opportunity.

1. Arizona Republic
    Reviewed by: Richard Nilsen
    Jul 31, 2016
    In Praise of Love has virtually no plot, no characters and is not about love, and there is precious little praise in it. It's an essay in film, and it's not always consistent in that: You'll never quite know what he's trying to say. But the film remains great because of the way he says it. Memorable images and dialogue worm their way into your psyche and won't let go. [18 Oct 2002, p.8P]
  2. New York Observer
    Reviewed by: Andrew Sarris
    Jul 31, 2016
    In my own very humble opinion, In Praise of Love lacks even the most fragmented charms I have found in almost all of his previous works. [9 Sep 2002, p.25]
  3. St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    Reviewed by: Harper Barnes
    Jul 31, 2016
    The problem with In Praise of Love is not that it seems to be possessed by a kind of free floating anti-Americanism. I'm not all that crazy about some of the things this country does, either, and I detest some of the big-budget movies Hollywood makes. The problem with "In Praise of Love" is that it never shuts up. [1 Nov 2002, p.E4]