Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: October 28, 2011
6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 352 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
MovieGuysJan 5, 2014
A very well-done movie, and a very original idea. I like the creation of this world with buying and selling time, and how this idea soon gets corrupt. Very intriguing movie.
imthenoobMar 12, 2012
One of the most original sci fi films you will ever see. The plot was incredibly interesting and worked out very well through out. Although they could have shown people with less time struggling to live day to day, Sort of build an emotionalOne of the most original sci fi films you will ever see. The plot was incredibly interesting and worked out very well through out. Although they could have shown people with less time struggling to live day to day, Sort of build an emotional connection to them in a way. The cast was ok but Timberlake was a terrible lead. Not terrible as in bad acting, He was actually pretty decent through out but he just didnt sit well with me. Id have prefered someone else as a lead.

Still, Its a pretty good and original film. Definently worth watching imo.
Tss5078Feb 22, 2013
Time is money and money is time in Andrew Niccol's epic, In Time. In this film, human beings are genetically engineered. At the age of twenty-five, your clock starts ticking and your goal is to work in order to survive. The wealthy areTime is money and money is time in Andrew Niccol's epic, In Time. In this film, human beings are genetically engineered. At the age of twenty-five, your clock starts ticking and your goal is to work in order to survive. The wealthy are immortal, while the poor die at a young age. The story is refreshingly unique and the film is done very well. Justin Timberlake stars, and shows that he's come a long way in a short time. When I heard he was starring in this film, I thought it would be another great idea destroyed by a cast of good looking people who can't act, but I was wrong. Timberlake shows he's got definite potential to be a big action star and that his n'suck days are way behind him. Cillian Murphy is also terrific as the timekeeper. What I love about Murphy is even when he's a good guy, he's still the guy you're rooting against. His personality makes him the perfect adversary in just about everything he does. In Time, is original, unique, fast moving, and intense. In a Hollywood full of re-makes, sequels, and uninspiring ideas that mimic one another, In Time is a breath of fresh air and was one of the most enjoyable and original films I've seen all year. Expand
lukechristianscNov 30, 2014
hollywoods exciting science movie In time written & directed by Andrew Niccol. wow this is a good movie , an A- cast yeah i talking to you Timberlake. this a good entertaining blockbuster it has music , good , acting spectacular science fiction.
ZilcellMar 2, 2012
one of those few movies that I think deserves a sequel. The movie has a unique idea that I would have never been able to come up with. Great story, okay action.
oxanaAug 24, 2014
In a world where everyone is genetically engineered to stop aging after 25 years - and given one year extra before their clock starts ticking and they need to work to earn more time to live - it seems the rich have once again found a way toIn a world where everyone is genetically engineered to stop aging after 25 years - and given one year extra before their clock starts ticking and they need to work to earn more time to live - it seems the rich have once again found a way to harvest more of what others fight for to survive; while common people use their last seconds to pay for rent and food, others live on for centuries.

Will Salas (portrayed surprisingly good Justin Timberlake) is a man of good will; he gives to others though he rarely has more time in his clock than there are hours in the day. When by a strange coincidence he comes to possess centuries of lifetime, his simple fight for survival changes.

After a personal loss, he decides to take onto those who allow good people to die, while having unlimited time in their own hands - especially when there is more than enough time for all.

From this starts a journey to get to the source of all the evil corruption and manipulation, but in the end it seems the movie never really gets to grasp the real crooks by the balls, so to speak. As much as things are explained, of how the system works, it still seems not every event is thought of in depth. In the end I was left to wonder whether Will and Sylvia (a daughter of one of the wealthiest men on the planet) managed to do anything but cripple a system that was the only one they had.

The pace of the movie was good, and it was thoroughly enjoyable, feeling quite real. Considering this was a future world, there were very few sci-fi elements to it, and the action was human rather than grabbing onto big explosions for help.

I guess I would have wanted to have a deeper understanding of the whole system, because it felt we only scratched at the surface here. Also, the flow between scenes, shooting from one character to the next, wasn't always flawless; the movie could have been cut a bit better.

Other than that, a thoroughly enjoyable experience. A nice concept, and many different characters got to show their faces and true colors.
audreythomas25Feb 25, 2016
A good action thriller movie that I really enjoyed.

Watch it here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-29a537-In-Time-movie-online-free-putlocker.html
MegWhiteleyMar 28, 2012
I love this action film, is amazing, but have some mistakes. The trama is amazing. Use the time like money sound interesting, but the development of the history is so strange, and in some parts you say: what? for example the scene in that theI love this action film, is amazing, but have some mistakes. The trama is amazing. Use the time like money sound interesting, but the development of the history is so strange, and in some parts you say: what? for example the scene in that the character of Alex Pettyfer kill a guy, and after watch the anounce of Wanted, you ask: what is the reason for kill the guy?. Now the cast is good or excellent. but some performance like Amanda don't be amazing, be acceptable and do that the film don't be interesting. And for other part is like a new Bonnie and Clyde, with all the theft scenes. In no much words IN TIME is an interesting experiment, have some mistakes and you say, the movie can be better. I think that if this movie have a sequel, the studio can correct the mistakes of this film.But for me is great. Expand
cabritaNov 30, 2011
In time is a fun movie to watch but it is also much deeper then what meets the eye. Many will think it is about a class strugle but they dont have the entire piece of the puzzle yet. Their is also symbolism through out the whole entire movie.
EludiumQ36Mar 9, 2012
In Time was a decent enough movie, you're not wasting your time here. It borrows alot from Logan's Run, Bonnie & Clyde, gangster films, and Atari game cartridges. And it features alot of familiar faces, Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried, andIn Time was a decent enough movie, you're not wasting your time here. It borrows alot from Logan's Run, Bonnie & Clyde, gangster films, and Atari game cartridges. And it features alot of familiar faces, Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried, and "White Collar" star Matthew Bomer which no one mentions at all. The film is full of social policy statements but it's harmless stuff, material you've seen and heard countless times before. It's just packaged in a slightly different way than the very similar Logan's Run. I watched it at no charge via Dish's Blockbuster@Home so I'd advise the same or RedBox, don't spend pay per view prices on this. Expand
A_NorthernerMar 27, 2012
Enjoyable thriller from the writer of The Truman Show, Andrew Niccol. Set in an age when time is the global currency and all humans are given only one year to live from their 25th birthday with additional time having to be earned orEnjoyable thriller from the writer of The Truman Show, Andrew Niccol. Set in an age when time is the global currency and all humans are given only one year to live from their 25th birthday with additional time having to be earned or collected. This inevitably results in an imbalance between the time-rich and the time-poor who cling to every second they earn. Justin Timbalake is likeable as the lead character and strikes a good chemistry with Amanda Seyfried, who plays the Bonnie to his Clyde. Ultimately, the film falls short of delivering a truly great experience that the intriguing concept could warrant but is definitely worth a look. Expand
ClariseSamuelsFeb 5, 2012
As a left-wing liberal with socialist leanings, I can't help but have a strong affinity to this film. So rarely does Hollywood stop endorsing the status quo and try to use its power to challenge the system and demand change. This movie isn'tAs a left-wing liberal with socialist leanings, I can't help but have a strong affinity to this film. So rarely does Hollywood stop endorsing the status quo and try to use its power to challenge the system and demand change. This movie isn't perfect but it is heroic, and if it has failed, then it's a noble failure. This is a sci-fi thriller, a dystopia apparently set in a futuristic time but more likely set on another planet that is an Earth look-alike. That would clarify why there is no explanation for how this system came into being, for it appears to have always been so--a planetary system for indentured servitude, which instead of being based on money, is based on time. You can save time, waste time, spend time, but mostly you live on borrowed time, literally, because you are guaranteed 25 years, and then you stop aging and you are granted one full year on your biological clock that ticks away on your arm. If you were not born into a rich family, which would allow you to live hundreds of years or more, you live below the poverty line, working long hours under poor conditions to earn more time. Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried are a very effective sci-fi Bonnie and Clyde, challenging the system and attempting to overthrow it single-handedly to wipe out the huge disparity between the lives of the rich and the lives of the poor. Timberlake's character, Will Salas, a poor wretch from the ghetto whose own father died trying to challenge the system, never has more than one day at a time on his clock, but he is suddenly granted a hundred years of time by a rich centenarian who is tired of living forever. But the suicidal millionaire gives Salas something more--he tells Salas the truth about the prevailing ideology: "There's enough time for everyone." That information stuns Salas, and he realizes that everyone is buying into this reality unquestioningly, when they should be rioting in the streets and overthrowing the system. The poor think this is the way things have to be, the rich are protecting themselves and their lifestyles, and in between is a kind of petite bourgeoisie, who are neither rich nor poor, but survive nicely by working with the system. The film explicates the horrors of capitalism, somewhat simplified but still convincing, and there is a secondary theme concerning the cult of youth. On this planet, no one ages after 25 years, so it is hard to tell the difference between mother, daughter, and grandmother. The lifestyles of the very rich and eternally youthful are lavish and completely self-centered, with the only justice being their eternal boredom, their spiritual emptiness, and their complete lack of usefulness. The slogan of the rich is, "For a few people to be immortal, many must die." And the response of Timberlake's character is the response of the revolutionary, "No one can be immortal if even one person has to die." So when Hollywood wakes up and starts filming these themes, you know something must be brewing, because the rich producers and directors of southern California are not overly famous for their anarchism and their revolutionary fervor. Expand
potatoes351Aug 18, 2012
In Time tells the story of Will. Will lives in a world where you stop ageing at 25 and time is currency, we each have our own personal clock, once that clock is up we die. The world is split into 12 districts each getting poorer as you go up,In Time tells the story of Will. Will lives in a world where you stop ageing at 25 and time is currency, we each have our own personal clock, once that clock is up we die. The world is split into 12 districts each getting poorer as you go up, Will lives with his mother in District 12 the poorest district. Will and his mother wake up everyday with barely enough time on their clocks to make it through the day, their huge hours of working shifts help to keep them alive day by day. But when Will saves one of the richest people on Earth from some thugs he is given the mans remaining time as a gift, 100 years. Will decides to move to the richest district in hope of a new life but instead gets caught up in a fight which his father started with a man with over a million years on his clock. With the man's daughter will and she must try to survive with only hours on their clocks and give the man's millions to the poor. The story is enchanting and mesmerising, even if it lacks in certain areas of detail. The casting is unlikely but works well and gives a very varied cast. However great this film is, I cant help but think this would have been better as a TV series rather than a film. Expand
ViolettSep 24, 2013
I dont get it bad reviews? Did you really see this movie? I think not.
I dont get it bad reviews? Did you really see this movie? I think not.
This movie is incredible. I usually dislike guys who jump all the time on the scene like Justin Bieber, but Timberlake was awesome. He played his role almost perfect. Concept like time is money is unique and holding deep thought as we all wasting our time in real life using money. I also enjoyed the music. This is not like sci fi movie, there is no cyberpunk, this is mostly action. I strongly reccomend anyone to watch it.
allystewJan 18, 2012
If there ever was a movie to capture the "Zeitgeist" then In Time is it. I know for alot of people the movie may have to many political statements to make but for me its a good thing that it does. Also it does it in a cool scifi concept withIf there ever was a movie to capture the "Zeitgeist" then In Time is it. I know for alot of people the movie may have to many political statements to make but for me its a good thing that it does. Also it does it in a cool scifi concept with such an energy. Like 24 TV show the sense of a ticking clock gives the sense of tension and keeps the movie moving along at a brisk pace. Downsides are some of the one dimensional characters and script with bad dialogue. However I can't help but say to watch this movie then watch the business news and show me the difference. Expand
hollyvOct 28, 2011
What happens when "time is money" is no longer a metaphor but a stone cold fact? You won't want to be found with too much time on your hands, lest it be pried from your cold, but-very-alive fingers. And who are the real slaves? ThoseWhat happens when "time is money" is no longer a metaphor but a stone cold fact? You won't want to be found with too much time on your hands, lest it be pried from your cold, but-very-alive fingers. And who are the real slaves? Those running down the clock - living timecheck to timecheck? Or the guarded lives of the uber timerich? The treatment of "time as money" throughout this film is fun, sometimes thought-provoking, and sometimes sobering... very sobering. The rich can't really figure out how to do this yet, right? Deeper issues are not explored here. Not just because it's Justin Timberlake... but because there's, well, no time. I left asking, "why can't anyone protect their time? No time lock? No banking of time? No unforseen circumstances like a timevirus?" Probably saving that for the sequel... Expand
Castiel_AngelSep 5, 2016
This movie is a great concept. The whole idea of the world revolving around time not only as money but as life too that right there shows awesome creation and imagination.
MordoReviewerJul 21, 2016
Really good movie
Very creative and full of widsom
I dont get all the negative reviewa, why this movie has 36% on Rotten Tomatoes?
Check it out, you wont be disappointed
Sir_BrandonNov 2, 2011
In Time may be a sci-fi actioner that takes place in the future, but it is ever so relevant for the time we live in right here and now. It is class warfare and in this case, the rich have all the time in the world and the poor are just tryingIn Time may be a sci-fi actioner that takes place in the future, but it is ever so relevant for the time we live in right here and now. It is class warfare and in this case, the rich have all the time in the world and the poor are just trying to survive. Director Andrew Niccol (Gattaca, Lord of War) takes an intriguingly clever premise and makes it look slick and stylish. He surrounds himself with an attractive cast and a story that offers some intelligence and originality, even if there is a lot of Bonnie and Clyde towards the end. Overall, Niccol is able to execute what he needs to pretty well and makes In Time entertaining for the masses, but also makes you recognize that this world and ours are not so different.

Will Salas (Justin Timberlake) lives in a world where everyone at least gets to live until they are 25 years-old and they never look any older than that. But once they turn 25, their clock starts and are only given a guaranteed year to live. Now you can add time to your life clock by working or if some one is nice enough, time can be transferred from one person to another by simply grabbing arms. Or you can steal it, which seems to be the most popular way to keep your clock ticking. You can have hours, months, decades, and even centuries on your clock, but once it runs outâ
MustisTheCatAug 1, 2012
I liked the movie. First of all ---- it is original. Always when there are hundreds of remakes, a movie like that shines. And even Mr. Timberlake did not manage to make it bad. I have always loved what-it`s-like-in-the-future flicks, so "InI liked the movie. First of all ---- it is original. Always when there are hundreds of remakes, a movie like that shines. And even Mr. Timberlake did not manage to make it bad. I have always loved what-it`s-like-in-the-future flicks, so "In Time" definitely gave me some entertainment. A story of people being genetically engineered to die in 26 years time is a little over the top, but still tries hard to be based around believable circumstances. I appreciate that the story did not bombard with star-trek mumbo jumbo explanation of things. It just gets in the way and wouldn`t enrich the movie. Ofcourse, the plot is a titanic-like nonsense but that doesn`t ruin the whole picture at all. It has a message too ----- time in it is just another concept of money ---- which is a way for the elites to control and manipulate societies. Doesn`t really differ from what we have now in the world. I could criticise the ending but it`s pointless since the story is well, on the light side. Expand
julian_zizzleFeb 14, 2012
I liked this movie a lot, it was an original story which tried to mix love and politics in a weird way. Original but the politic philosophy was same as all the movies we saw before. (Prevent the rich from being richer, give the poor anotherI liked this movie a lot, it was an original story which tried to mix love and politics in a weird way. Original but the politic philosophy was same as all the movies we saw before. (Prevent the rich from being richer, give the poor another chance) The plot was good, the actors & actresses were playing well. But even though that the movie told the story in far future, it was not actually different than 21st century in appearance. So don't expect a movie which has teleportation, flying cars, flying cows. That would also mess the movie in bad way so actually this movie is good as the way it already is. No overrated technology or geeky sci-fi. Expand
moviekretikOct 31, 2011
Maybe not be included in the 2011 best of films (I'm talking of ranking it at Top 10), but very entertaining! This movie is a futuristic-modern day Robin Hood who, in the end, gets the girl. Overall, the plot is predictable but the theme ofMaybe not be included in the 2011 best of films (I'm talking of ranking it at Top 10), but very entertaining! This movie is a futuristic-modern day Robin Hood who, in the end, gets the girl. Overall, the plot is predictable but the theme of the movie and relevance to today's society more than make up for it. In Time presents a very interesting capitalism vs. communism debate. In the end is presents its obvious choice of which is a better path to follow; however, it still does a fair job at presenting both sides with a decent amount of support. Overall, In Time was plagued with some poor written lines and bad delivery from the actors. Nevertheless, it maintained my attention through its intriguing concept and plot progression. Justin exceeded my expectations and proved he can lead a film. Cillian Murphy was amazing! He totally stole the show. The storyline: Great concept, but, failed to delivery I think. The whole idea of ''Time is Money'' is really interesting; but the way it's presented didn't really piece together to me. Such as the idea of having your bank on your hand and anyone can take it with a simple touch. Expand
BeingNickDohNov 19, 2015
It does what Sci-Fi is supposed to do 'question the human condition' and it does that between time as currency and the police state being rotated in and out of criminal enterprises.
mrjeffsirMar 28, 2012
In Time is a really fun entertaining, once again Timberlake is annoyingly good, the other key cast members are also very good, in particular Cillian Murphy, some of the bit part players struggled a bit acting wise and were a bit cheesy but onIn Time is a really fun entertaining, once again Timberlake is annoyingly good, the other key cast members are also very good, in particular Cillian Murphy, some of the bit part players struggled a bit acting wise and were a bit cheesy but on the whole this is a great entertaining movie with a fantastically original concept. Expand
GoombaJMRApr 3, 2016
Pretty tight thriller that really questions the base of society and what we really value. I'm not saying that we'll end up with a future where time really is money, but some of the themes found here parallel the negative(?) themes we see inPretty tight thriller that really questions the base of society and what we really value. I'm not saying that we'll end up with a future where time really is money, but some of the themes found here parallel the negative(?) themes we see in the world today. Expand
LynnHardyApr 6, 2012
This was a very original concept: a world where money is actually time: the time you have to live. It seems a great play on words. The actors were much better than some, not as good as others, but all in all, a very enjoyable movie.
aggiefanatic95May 4, 2012
This movie is not going to get any awards, but it is an interesting movie that is worth seeing. This is also a star-studded cast, but do a good job with it
tvchicano07Feb 7, 2013
This film is better than average but not excellent. It contains many socialist ideas and as such conservatives will hate this film and those on the left will enjoy it more. However the casting was not great the two leading actors are not theThis film is better than average but not excellent. It contains many socialist ideas and as such conservatives will hate this film and those on the left will enjoy it more. However the casting was not great the two leading actors are not the best that could have filled these roles. The allegory of the film meaning that the wealthy stomp the poor and exploit them for their labor is magnificently developed. Hollywood should make more films like this instead of producing the week to week poopfests that they produce to keep the masses ignorant and complacent. Expand
anitquityNov 5, 2011
This movie is entertaining and definitely an above average thriller. The premise is interesting, and the actors do a nice job. I agree that it doesn't quite reach its full potential that is the premise, but worthwhile nonetheless.
carlaymoutOct 31, 2011
it's a good attempt for sci-fi movie, 'cause it's hard to find a sci-fi movie which doesn't talk about aliens or alien invasion. i love its brave ideas and i agree that time's more important than anything including money. this movie alsoit's a good attempt for sci-fi movie, 'cause it's hard to find a sci-fi movie which doesn't talk about aliens or alien invasion. i love its brave ideas and i agree that time's more important than anything including money. this movie also states the fact of modern and past society where the rich could live more longer than the poor. corruption's happening around the world, the movie just performs it well. Expand