8.6

1. RedzuanM.
    Jul 16, 2010
    What makes Inception so special is that it's not your typical straight forward summer blockbuster. Nolan gives you bits and pieces of information, and as the movie plays out the viewer begins to put the pieces together and the picture gradually becomes clearer. Chris Nolan doesn't dumb down the movie for the audience like most Hollywood movies do these days, he expects us to What makes Inception so special is that it's not your typical straight forward summer blockbuster. Nolan gives you bits and pieces of information, and as the movie plays out the viewer begins to put the pieces together and the picture gradually becomes clearer. Chris Nolan doesn't dumb down the movie for the audience like most Hollywood movies do these days, he expects us to keep up with him. And when we do, the reward is extremely gratifying. And the visuals were amazing. Expand
  2. Nov 9, 2014
    Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
  3. Nov 28, 2013
    Inception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceral level. Top-notch directing, acting, cinematography, editing and Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtrack only cements this as a modern classic.
  4. SusanJ.
    Jul 16, 2010
    A mind-bending roller coaster of a movie. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Cast was inspired, ensemble acting.
  5. KevinD.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Fantastic movie. No, it isn't a truly original concept, but nothing is. I don't see how anyone could think this was boring, as there was action throughout most of the movie and the stakes were higher than death. So glad Hollywood made a movie that's not a sequel. You have to be paying attention and thinking about what's going on at all levels of the dreams to really Fantastic movie. No, it isn't a truly original concept, but nothing is. I don't see how anyone could think this was boring, as there was action throughout most of the movie and the stakes were higher than death. So glad Hollywood made a movie that's not a sequel. You have to be paying attention and thinking about what's going on at all levels of the dreams to really understand what's going on, which might put off some people, but it really enhances the film. I love non-linear storytelling, though, so I might be biased. Great acting as well. Glad to see Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (aka chick from Juno and dude from (500) Days of Summer/Third Rock from the Sun) do some action roles to show they have chops outside pseudo-indie hipster movies. Worth seeing again. Expand
  6. Sep 1, 2010
    An amazing film. If you love puzzles and are not offendend at that fact that you may not understand everything that you see (the first viewing); then this film is for you.
  7. Sep 3, 2010
    BRILLIANT.... simply BRILLIANT!
    Very hard to understand at first (much like MATRX), however, it all came together by the end.
    Acting, special effects, story-line, direction, and creative ideas SUPERB!
  8. Sep 10, 2010
    Really great movie. It was impeccably structured, visually fantastic, and generally perfectly executed. It was creative, ambitious, and intelligent, which are qualities that make it stand out from typical hollywood fare on their own. People call it a mindf**k, but don't confuse that for trippiness or a convoluted JJ Abrams mess, it made a great deal of sense. It is certainly a movie thatReally great movie. It was impeccably structured, visually fantastic, and generally perfectly executed. It was creative, ambitious, and intelligent, which are qualities that make it stand out from typical hollywood fare on their own. People call it a mindf**k, but don't confuse that for trippiness or a convoluted JJ Abrams mess, it made a great deal of sense. It is certainly a movie that wants you to think about after watching it. I think some people are trying to view this movie as an action movie, or an exploration of psychology and dreams, but it's neither of those. Those are all great things, but this is a heist movie. This is the kind of movie that Ocean's 11 would be if Ocean's 11 was far more original, intelligent, and had a greater respect for its audience. Expand
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    Absolutely amazing film. Amazing soundtrack, special effects and writing. Would watch it again at least a 100 times. Should have won more awards in my opinion.
  10. Dec 5, 2011
    I seriously don't understand how people are giving this move anything lower than seven, strong dialog, innovative action scenes, and the deep characters all make this an B+, A- movie. But what really distinguishes this movie as one of my favorites is the conflict with Cobb's lost love and the final kick sequence (this being one of the best scenes in the history of film making) forces myI seriously don't understand how people are giving this move anything lower than seven, strong dialog, innovative action scenes, and the deep characters all make this an B+, A- movie. But what really distinguishes this movie as one of my favorites is the conflict with Cobb's lost love and the final kick sequence (this being one of the best scenes in the history of film making) forces my hand on to give it a 10. Expand
  11. RNH
    Feb 2, 2013
    This is one movie that will make your head hurt, in a good way, this is Nolan's best film yet, and this is the guy who directed The Dark Knight, the complexity of the movie is what makes it so good, the ending is quite a cliffhanger too. And the visual effects are amazing. This is my favorite movie. Period.
  12. May 25, 2014
    Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio evenInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
  13. Oct 26, 2013
    An incredible achievement by Nolan, an absolute masterpiece. The film gets more complicated as it ticks down and while it has a satisfying ending, there is still question regarding what really happened.
  14. May 23, 2014
    First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially JosephFirst time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. All of the characters without exceptions are engaging in their own way Expand
  15. ChrisO
    Jul 20, 2010
    It seems that those who rate this movie low are the ones who cannot comprehend what its all about, nor can they interpret anything from the movie, be it from the pro critics, or just customers like me. I just saw this movie tonight with my friends and throughout the movie I just couldnt help but be bewildered at times at the complexity of the movie at times. The ending was one of the best It seems that those who rate this movie low are the ones who cannot comprehend what its all about, nor can they interpret anything from the movie, be it from the pro critics, or just customers like me. I just saw this movie tonight with my friends and throughout the movie I just couldnt help but be bewildered at times at the complexity of the movie at times. The ending was one of the best and open endings Ive seen in a movie and can be interpreted so many ways. The movie is just fantastic, and has left my mind blown like many others. It is a must see this summer. Expand
  16. SamK
    Jul 16, 2010
    INCEPTION: Nolan has re-ivented the art of film making. The BEST film I have seen in 15 YEARS!!!
  17. CM
    Jul 16, 2010
    Movies can be educational, moving, or simply an escape. This is the latter, and time flies as you watch it - not unlike in a good dream. Forget the actors, ignore the script, and divorce reality. Immerse yourself in it and enjoy what a good movie can do...
  18. Sep 4, 2010
    Easiest 10 I've ever given. Unique story that really wrinkles the brain. Leo was great, Ellen Page was great. Saw it a second time to answer some questions I had but ended up leaving the theatre with a few more. In my opinion that's a great movie. Christopher Nolan does it again.
  19. Sep 5, 2010
    watched it twice and loved the mental challenge induced, the great visuals, the performances! one of the best films of any genre for 2010! hope we see some Oscar noms for it soon!
    I loved the way Marion Cotillard gave so much depth to her haunting Mal and the understated yet key performance of Michael Caine's Miles.
    One of the best film opening scenes I have seen at least for this year if
    One of the best film opening scenes I have seen at least for this year if not longer. And an imposing yet 'enveloping' music score.
  20. Sep 22, 2010
    i loved this movie!!! the graphics were trippy, all throughout the movie i was on edge then BAM! a cafe is obliterated and they all wake up back in reality. I love how at times its vague story line keeps you thinking with their fast faced action. christopher nolan obviously had a hell of a lot of time on his hands as his imagination ran wild!
  21. Sep 26, 2010
    The best piece of advice I can give you is to stop reading this review and go see Inception immediately, because the less you know going into it, the more rewarding your movie going experience will be, however, if blind faith is not your cup of tea (and since you're reading this, it probably isn't), read on, as I share a few words about one of the greatest summer blockbusters in recentThe best piece of advice I can give you is to stop reading this review and go see Inception immediately, because the less you know going into it, the more rewarding your movie going experience will be, however, if blind faith is not your cup of tea (and since you're reading this, it probably isn't), read on, as I share a few words about one of the greatest summer blockbusters in recent years.
    The easiest way to describe Inception is to say that it deals with dreams, and people who enter other's dreams to find, or implant, information. As we soon learn, gaining information from dreams is difficult enough, but to implant information (a process called, you guessed it, inception), is a different story entirely. If you must know the plot, Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) are hired by Saito (Ken Watanabe) to perform inception on Robert Fischer, Jr. (Cillian Murphy) in an effort to convince him to divide his father's (Maurice Fischer [Pete Postlethwaite]) company (this, as Alfred **** would say, is the MacGuffin). After consulting his old teacher, Miles (Michael Caine), Cobb picks up Ariadne (Ellen Page), Eames (Tom Hardy), and Yusuf (Dileep Rao), to assist him and Arthur on their mission of inception. There is also a side story involving Cobb's wife, Mal (Marion Cotillard), and their two children. My plot synopsis ends here, as saying more would detract from the amazing moments you'll witness on-screen.
    Those who have seen director Christopher Nolan's 2000 effort, Memento, will not be surprised by Inception's requirement of the viewer to take each scene as it comes. Viewers and critics have called the film confusing. It's not confusing, it's complex. The film itself is explained in detail, and without the usual boring dialog that screams "Did everybody get that?". There's even well-timed comedic moments that serve to break the tension. The difficult complexities of the film come from what is not seen, the bigger picture, happening outside the parameters of the movie. This is why Inception has been the subject of debate on forums, blogs, and even around dinner tables. It's as though Nolan puts the viewer in the middle of his maze, gives them the map, then turns them loose; but, there's a catch, the edges of the map are burned and faded.
    The technical side of the film is near perfect. I can't recall another film where the special effects and cinematography were better matched to create a visual buffet that simultaneously feeds our hungry eyes and mind. Nolan's long-time cinematographer, Wally Pfister, has done a great work here that tells the story as well as the actors and their dialog. All the while, Hans Zimmer's score flows throughout the film, taking us where we need to go. While Nolan and his crew juggle the technical side of the film, Leonardo DiCaprio, and his cohorts, are in full-form as we journey alongside them through dreams inside of dreams.
    Inception is that rare treat that comes down the line when a studio (in this case Warner Bros.) is smart, and brave, enough, to take a chance on something great and original. If you see one film in the theater this summer, make it Inception.
  22. dgr
    Sep 26, 2010
    A Great Achievement - The Effects are brilliant and there are strong performances especially from Marion Cotillard - The Dark Knight is better but it has competition with this film.
  23. Feb 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When I first watched the film, I didn't see why it deserved so much praise. I saw that the acting was awesome, the plot, cinematography and score was great but something just didn't click. However, I decided to watch it again and find out a little bit more about the film. That is when I found out it was perfection and unique. No one really knows what the ending is supposed to mean and whether he's still in a dream and what is and isn't a dream. That's the beauty of it. You decide. There are so many different concept and every time you watch the film you can think of a new one. No film has ever left such a lasting impression on me. Many people love it but many people hate it because it is too complex for them or they didn't understand a concept. It is interesting and I was talking about it for weeks. Masterpiece. Expand
  24. Nov 23, 2010
    for me, the best movie this year so far.....10 out of 10...i really loved the plot..it was kinda confusing but it was well done..a well written script and a great director...A+
  25. Dylan
    Jul 16, 2010
    Absolutely incredible! There has never been a movie completely like it and neither will there be again. Why do we dream? I think that is what Nolan is really exploring here. Any critic who doesn't like this movie should be sentenced to having to watch Grown Ups in their dreams for the rest of their existence. ;)
  26. Jul 11, 2012
    Yeah, Incepiton is complex. Is that a bad thing? No. If you look past the craziness the first time through, and the fact that Ellen Paige's character is only there to be an "exposition shovel", the movie has a lot of treats for people who go to see it more than once. Also, there's a twist ending. Watch it.
  27. SergeyV.
    Jul 22, 2010
    Its the most real Nolan from
  28. TylerS.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The film was flat out amazing. The story was engaging, the characters riveting and the concept was intriguing.
  29. Sam
    Jul 16, 2010
    Look at those contrarian hater critics at the bottom. Get real. This is the best movie to come out of the Hollywood crap factory in a long, long time. Brilliant.
  30. ArjunS
    Jul 23, 2010
    Amazing Movie, I have to say this is one of the best movie in recent years, Possibly best in this year, Everything is Perfect.
  31. Alaniz
    Jul 16, 2010
    Think chess not checkers and you will enjoy it
  32. Feb 22, 2012
    Inception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice inInception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice in Wonderland and Rabbit Hole.
    Inception treats a dark and interesting topic, the dreams and the power of the subconscious; and because of that the plot is so tangled, complex and even timeless. The barrier between reality and fiction is broken; so who can tell which thing is which? Or what is the difference between those? Even if you discover the true reality, can you be sure? There is only one or there are more realities? No one can tell for sure. This film also has some enjoyable concepts: Carpe Diem, the Leap of Faith, the bad remember dream and the unconditional love. The quotes that represent these concepts the most are: -An old man fill with regret waiting to die alone- and -You are waiting for a train...
    Besides the amazing topic, the screenplay, direction and performances are very good. But the most outstanding thing of Inception is the visual effects: the explosions in the cafe, the bend of the city, the free fall of the van, the fight in the hotel and all the things that happen in the limbo. What better way than a cliffhanger ending.
  33. Jan 21, 2011
    Inception doesn't need to be told by every review that it's new and fresh or (the opposite) stupid and "puzzles me as to why people like this crap." I understand that. It needs to be told it's a classic.
  34. Aug 18, 2010
    Fantastic movie. DiCaprio goes from strength to strength. A wonderful blend of sci-fi and mind-bending physic with a simple driving core message. Love. Blended perfectly. Well worth the effort to understand.
  35. Aug 19, 2010
    Whoever thinks this movie is boring is because they are stupid. YOU HAVE TO THINK FOR ONCE IN A MOVIE! The hallway scenes with Joe are the best scenes i've seen in a while. I thought everything was perfect and Christopher Nolan is the Alfred Hitchcock of this generation.
  36. Nov 3, 2010
    What I loved about this film is not just the original concept but the thrill factor. It was easy to understand the concept within 5 minutes into the film but the thrill had me going until the final moments. This was another brilliant film from the genius of Christopher Nolan. Great performances by all the actors as I thought it was a pretty decent cast.
  37. MitchellV.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Excellent movie. Chris Nolan at his best. I was in need of a good mindf**k.
  38. JamesT.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Christopher Nolan, has probably incepted my mind cause this movie is all i can think about
  39. DamonA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    I could sit here all night telling you why this movie is probably the best movie I have ever seen, but that would be unnecessary. Simply put, go see this movie!
  40. JayS.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The best movie i have ever seen since the dark knight. nolan is no doubt the next stanley kubrick.
  41. JustinS.
    Jul 18, 2010
    Liked the depth of the main character. Want to see it again, but will watch it on Blu-Ray.
  42. SamD.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Wow. A masterpiece! how could some people dislike this?? it guess its like blade runner or 2001, which some people disliked. but wow, this was the best movie of the year, if not the decade.
  43. MikeW.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The exponentially smart and puzzling "Inception" did a number on my brain. It's hard to describe a movie like this, you just have to see it for yourself!
  44. HerbleB.
    Jul 16, 2010
    The mindblower of all films.
  45. ToddK.
    Jul 16, 2010
    A mindf**k. A meditation on the nature of reality vs. perception. One thing's for certain. It's a movie that each person will take something different away with them from.
  46. BradA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Wow! this movie was unlike everything i have ever seen. now i know how people felt when they first saw 2001 or blade runner.
  47. AndyM.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Saw it at midnight. Can't wait to see it again. Remarkable, novel, exciting masterpiece that is not to be missed. It's more of a heist film than a character driven piece, but as heist films go it's as intellectually awesome as it can possibly be.
  48. Aug 10, 2010
    Not since The Matrix have I been this enthralled by a movie that happens inside the subconscious. Very cool film, smart, detailed but not confusing, and a great ending.
  49. Aug 17, 2010
    Definitely the most innovative and original movie of the year with an amazing and metaphorical storyline along with sophisticated visuals that will keep you intrigued throughout the whole two and a half hours.
  50. Sep 5, 2010
    Its a crime that this only got a 74 metascore, so many people are trashing the special effects in this movie even though Christopher Nolan tried not to use CGI at all...
  51. Sep 14, 2010
    What Nolan accomplishes is amazing, a film where the framework is so complex, the premise can stun the idle brain. I was blown away through the whole ride, from the performances, to the breathtaking visual effects. It really boils down to the strange and wonderful plot, a plot that stays with you long after the credits roll, and implications still haunt me.
  52. FelipeRico
    Jul 17, 2010
    Inception was so awesome,with lots of dreams, awesome setting,cool visual effects,great characters,and mindless fun to watch that sucks into your mind!
  53. JosephN
    Jul 23, 2010
  54. Aug 14, 2010
    Inception is one of the rare movies that you need to watch twice but can completely enjoy the first time. Stunning visuals, great acting, and a superb setting more than enliven the complicated plot. More importantly, Inception is truly unique. Make no mistake, Inception is a heist movie. In structure it is more similar to Ocean's Eleven than the Godfather. Unlike other crime movies,Inception is one of the rare movies that you need to watch twice but can completely enjoy the first time. Stunning visuals, great acting, and a superb setting more than enliven the complicated plot. More importantly, Inception is truly unique. Make no mistake, Inception is a heist movie. In structure it is more similar to Ocean's Eleven than the Godfather. Unlike other crime movies, however, it examines crime as part of the human condition endemic to even our dreams. Expand
  55. Aug 25, 2010
    This is one of the finest and most intriguing movies that I have ever seen. It has been years since a Hollywood movie kept my attention from start to finish. My hats off to Chris Nolan for restoring some of my faith in film.

I am trying to pinpoint what really drew me into the story but am unable to even come close. Sure the plot and sense of dream vs reality but it was more of the whole package. Just about every aspect (including the film score, acting, and effects) was right on. The movie was so intense for me that I literally said WOW at the end each time. This is a movie that gets better with a 2nd viewing. This film should be shining light to all the Hollywood establishment that they have the power to make great films.
  56. Oct 11, 2010
    Probably the best psychological thriller of the decade, at least. It's not flawless, since different aspects of the movie will appeal to different personalities (for example, not everyone will be on the edge of their seat for a zero gravity fight scene), but yeah, definitely a complex and mind-boggling movie that's worthy of appreciation, if you're up for the challenge. And, honestly, IProbably the best psychological thriller of the decade, at least. It's not flawless, since different aspects of the movie will appeal to different personalities (for example, not everyone will be on the edge of their seat for a zero gravity fight scene), but yeah, definitely a complex and mind-boggling movie that's worthy of appreciation, if you're up for the challenge. And, honestly, I was confused my first time watching this movie (maybe it had one too many layers), but it was much more clear the second time around fyi. Expand
  57. Nov 12, 2010
    Like it's Idea of dream within a dream Inception is masterpiece within a masterpiece.
    Christopher Nolan's idea is unique and brilliant.
    The Director is in top form :).
  58. SudipD.
    Jul 16, 2010
    One of the best movie i've ever seen
  59. LucasH.
    Jul 16, 2010
    This movie is proof that christopher nolan is on his way to joining the pantheon of masterful directors. this is the most complicated movie I have ever seen, while at the same time being completely original, and very entertaining. In this day and age, that is something truly incredible. I'm not sure yet if this is his best movie (a few more viewings will decide that), I didn'tThis movie is proof that christopher nolan is on his way to joining the pantheon of masterful directors. this is the most complicated movie I have ever seen, while at the same time being completely original, and very entertaining. In this day and age, that is something truly incredible. I'm not sure yet if this is his best movie (a few more viewings will decide that), I didn't find it as fun as the Dark Knight or Memento, however, there is something remarkable about this movie that I cant quite put my finger on that really resonates with me. I cant give it a high enough recommendation. The one thing is it wont insult your intelligence, but it may make the mistake of assuming your a rocket scientist. And for you rocket scientists out there, fasten your seat belts, its going to be one hell of a ride. Expand
  60. EllisA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    An incredible movie in the best tradition of Hollywood. This movie demonstrates the great success that filmmakers can have when they dare to step outside the established ideas and ancient rehashed storylines and create something totally new and awesome. Yes, Inception takes from the best movies of recent history, but does so in an artful and thoughtful way. Nolan is building, not An incredible movie in the best tradition of Hollywood. This movie demonstrates the great success that filmmakers can have when they dare to step outside the established ideas and ancient rehashed storylines and create something totally new and awesome. Yes, Inception takes from the best movies of recent history, but does so in an artful and thoughtful way. Nolan is building, not copying. The critics can say whatever gives them their jollies, but I loves the effects, I loved the storyline, I loved the characters and emotion, and I loved the ending. Hollywood, take note: This is how movies are made. Expand
  61. JimS.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Thoughtful, with a great ensemble cast, carried without a misstep by Leonardo. A fantastic story with locations, action, and effects worthy of any Bond or Matrix offering. Not a dead minute in the entire 2+ hours. Film making on a grand and wonderful scale. Daring, confident, and beautiful. A must see. 9.5
  62. Sep 13, 2010
    What makes "Inception" a summer blockbuster hit. One, the cast was amazing. Two, Christopher Nolan (The Director of "The Dark Knight) wrote a fantasic screenplay. Three, the scenes in this film were "Mind-Blowing!" Inception is a fantasic, action/sci-fi thriller for anyone. I can't wait to purchase this on DvD.
  63. CharlieLawson
    Jul 18, 2010
    Best movie I have seen since The Return of the King. Don't understand how someone can not like this movie. Has everything you want in a movie.
  64. EvinC.
    Jul 17, 2010
    A film that can't be explained in words but only by Nolan's fantastic vision. That ending is overwhelmingly amazing,
  65. JayL.
    Jul 18, 2010
    Refreshing.... at the end of the movie people seemed mesmerized and gave it an honest, spontaneous standing ovation.
  66. CalebM.
    Jul 24, 2010
    Great movie that keeps the mind moving the whole time.
  67. CalebR.
    Jul 16, 2010
    A classic in the making... This is a film that will go down as one of the greatest films ever! I am not going to waste my time trying to explain the film to you guys as it is a film you just need to see! 10 Stars and one of the greatest films ever!
  68. ChrisF.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Man there are a lot of simpletons on here that seem to want to bash the movie only because it is a bit too complex for their liking. The movie was absolutely brilliant! The storyline was so intricate and well-woven only made better by the great cast that portrayed it. I saw it last night and I am still thinking about it. Sure there were a lot of gunfights and explosions and such, but the Man there are a lot of simpletons on here that seem to want to bash the movie only because it is a bit too complex for their liking. The movie was absolutely brilliant! The storyline was so intricate and well-woven only made better by the great cast that portrayed it. I saw it last night and I am still thinking about it. Sure there were a lot of gunfights and explosions and such, but the difference here was that I actually CARED about the people in the fights, and they were effectively used to tell the story. Don't let these haters sway you from seeing this movie, it's probably the smartest bit of entertainment that will be pumped out of hollywood in quite some time. Expand
  69. PeggyH.
    Jul 19, 2010
    These people are so wrong about this being just like every other movie. this is so much different than the matrix and other things, but it still is another great movie to put into that catagory. this movie is a scifi action movie that is centered around a heist. The people that don't like this are afraid of change. go see this movie!
  70. PatW
    Jul 19, 2010
    For a movie goer who enjoys creativity and originality this may be one of the greatest films you will ever see. Best Picture Worthy.
  71. ErikD
    Jul 19, 2010
    Great film. Intelligent enough that I admit to getting lost a few times, but in the end I didn't doubt the filmmakers so much as myself.
  72. AlexP.
    Jul 17, 2010
    This movie was incredible. Best movie I've seen in years. Better than the Matrix. Chris Nolan really pulled off an unbelievable piece of directing and the story is absolutely amazing. Don't miss it!
  73. Jan 23, 2011
    "Inception" is, technically speaking, a masterpiece. Surprisingly enough, the story and the screenplay in general are even more stunning than the visuals are! One is never quite certain what is going on - is it all a dream, or is it reality - which is the theme that goes across the whole film.
    With an amazingly original screenplay by director Christopher Nolan, it is hard for "Inception" to leave you without thinking. It is actually a rather engaging film, and I cannot imagine many people walking out from the film thinking that it did not offer food for thought, if nothing else.
    The visual effects are stunning, and in the same class as were the ones from "The Matrix" back in the day. Surely, it is not as breathtaking as "Avatar" was, but that was not it's intention in the first place. It is just visually a great film.
    The cast was also rather superb, especially DiCardo, Gordon-Levitt and Cottilard. Not really amazing performances, but definitely good and not over the top, which would have brought the quality of the film down.
    Christopher Nolan's direction and imagination are at it's peak - he has definitely surpassed "The Dark Knight" by far, with this film. Definitely a new masterpiece of cinema, that will leave no one apathetic.
  74. Oct 13, 2010
    A very good movie that makes you think about dreams in a new way. I have talked to friends about dreams and the idea of controlling them, AND the idea of inception itself, and that's the kind of stuff that helps you know it's a good movie.
  75. Oct 2, 2010
    Pros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond andPros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond and Shutter Island. Joseph Gordon Levitte isnt just a goofy love-sick guy like in 500 Days of Summer. And Hans Zimmer, I loved the films soundtrack. May we all bow in worship to Christopher Nolan Expand
  76. Oct 4, 2010
    Great movie. It's definitely a mind blower. The whole story is fascinating. You can't leave the movie for popcorn though (you'll miss some interesting stuff).
  77. Oct 12, 2010
    A film with dazzling technique, the real stars here are Christopher Nolan and his editor, Lee Smith. DiCaprio gives a fantastic, layered performance with a solid supporting cast around him. Hopefully the film and Nolan will be remembered come Oscar time.
  78. QA
    Sep 2, 2010
    Not only was this movie worth the 15 dollars in IMAX, but it was worth the 2 1/2 hours at midnight. Christopher Nolan found a way to make this movie both inherently believable and suspenseful. The subtle humor was extremely tasteful, and Leo's acting was impeccable. On the note of acting, Ellen Page's performance was incredible and very worthy of Best Supporting Actress. The rest of ...
  79. Aug 17, 2010
    Best movie ive seen since the Dark knight! Amazing and original plot, amzing action sequences, and likeable characters! Its a must see movie! a masterpiece!
  80. Nov 10, 2010
    Overrated?
    Overrated?
    Almost certainly, but still an exceptional movie, if only for the concept and presentation. This is certainly worth at least one viewing, but i'd say to really get the plot you'd need to see it a few times, this won't effect your enjoyment of the movie though. The effects are very well done and at times breath taking. Characters were mostly pretty shallow, although i thought DiCaprio's character was surprisingly and intriguingly complex.
    Definitely recommend, will be buying on blu-ray for certain.
  81. Jul 12, 2013
    I don't really want to explain much as you need to watch the film to understand but anyway, Inception is a film, so if you're not prepared for that then don't watch it.

Inception is somewhat similar to The Matrix as this film is based on dreams, and you understand more as the film plays out so it makes you think. The character development could had been better but it isn't that much of a problem. The action is kind of meh... The thrill of the film is what keeps you entertained.
  82. Mar 22, 2011
    I know what you guys are thinking. Yes. I did saw this movie in theaters in Fredricksburg, VA but only once and I don't why I haven't seen it again until my stepfather bought a DVD copy of this movie. So I watched it on the plasma screen TV and really enjoyed it.

To my shocking surprise, this movie is in my Top 14 favorite movies of 2010 with a creative atmosphere about dreaming in reality, excellent acting, Top-Notch action scenes, a magnificent all-star casting including Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and more, and the most important thing about this movie: the superb visuals throughout the whole movie.

At my highest hopes, this movie deserves a 9/10.
  83. Jul 21, 2011
    The best movie this year! Christopher Nolan has made one of his finest movies of all time! Expect this having a lot of Oscar nominations! This movie will blow your mind! Christopher Nolan this movie that extracts great film making, art and mind dreaming. If you had to choose the movie of the year, this would be the one you were looking for!
  84. Aug 10, 2011
    Yep. I fell for it. The whole idea really sucks me in. How can you not be interested in such an original and mind-bending idea? It's also supported by incredible visuals and some unsung strong acting by the cast, especially Ellen Page
  85. Sep 13, 2012
    Brilliant, genius and original. hard for me to understand the movie the first time i watched it, but i felt this movie was something different, so i watched it again and then i understood it. Full of imagination and the acting was super. love it!
  86. JivanA.
    Jul 16, 2010
    To be honest, I've been on metacritic for many years, looking to this site as a sort for reviews. To decide the films I choose to watch, I use a combination of what the critics say plus the user reviews. In all my time here, i've NEVER felt obliged to sign up to leave a review. This movie was pure fantastic in film form. It's a bit of a mind-bender, as it deals with To be honest, I've been on metacritic for many years, looking to this site as a sort for reviews. To decide the films I choose to watch, I use a combination of what the critics say plus the user reviews. In all my time here, i've NEVER felt obliged to sign up to leave a review. This movie was pure fantastic in film form. It's a bit of a mind-bender, as it deals with consciousness and reality on multiple levels, through the state of dreaming, but if you go in with an open mind and pay attention, you'll love the entire experience, from start to finish. I do highly suggest seeing it in IMAX, it makes the experience everso that much better. Happy viewing all! Expand
  87. MichaelH.
    Jul 16, 2010
    I am what you'd call a movie buff, and this is the best movie I've ever seen. I can't recommend or elaborate any more, go see it, seriously. It doesn't deserve the 1-10 scale so instead of looking at the number of my rating just know you need to go see this movie.
  88. Aug 13, 2010
    It was a masterpiece. One of the best films I've ever seen, and quite possibly, the best. It has everything you can possibly ask for. Smart, original, emotional, and utterly ambitious, Inception is the best film of 2010, and yes, it is better than The Dark Knight. Anyways, take a "leap of faith" and go experience the unforgettable masterpiece that is Inception. A 10/10.
  89. Aug 26, 2010
    Christopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterfulChristopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterful editing, Nolan turns his psychotic idea into a smooth, polished vision that is enjoyable on every level it aims for. Expand
  90. Jun 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not a film, this is an experience. Stunning visual effects and an intelligent script make Inception your classic summer blockbuster with a twist: it is actually intelligent. The score is beautiful, and Nolan does his usually fantastic job directing. By the end of the film, you will be questioning reality, and most importantly, you will be wondering if it stopped spinning. Expand
  91. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    Great movie, an action/science fiction movie with an intelligent plot that will have you talking about it way after the credits finish. Leonardo DiCaprio is the best actor in the business today period.
  92. Sep 28, 2011
    It's such an original film. It isn't confusing or hard to understand if you actually watch it, pay attention and listen. It's all about dreams within dreams and the film is a bit like a game. You're introduced to the concepts used within it and then the film starts. Must watch.
  93. Jul 21, 2012
    What makes Inception so great is how much thought has gone into it. You need to see it twice to fully understand it. It's brilliantly directed by Nolan and the acting was even better. This is going to stay in my top 5 movies for a very very long time.
  94. BenM.
    Jul 17, 2010
    In years to come, when we look back on the medium of film and the incredible power it possesses, this will be the current generation's defining masterpiece. Nolan has crafted an outstanding piece of art, which perfectly encapsulates the concept of the dream and its ability to question our view of reality. From the spectacular visuals to its collection of fantastic performances, In years to come, when we look back on the medium of film and the incredible power it possesses, this will be the current generation's defining masterpiece. Nolan has crafted an outstanding piece of art, which perfectly encapsulates the concept of the dream and its ability to question our view of reality. From the spectacular visuals to its collection of fantastic performances, Inception is Nolan's finest piece to date and a prime example of the endless limits of cinema. Sheer brilliance. Expand
  95. DillonC.
    Jul 29, 2010
    One of the BEST movies I have ever seen! I was completely blown away by Marion Cotillard, she played the part so well and i was completely mystified by her elegance. Leo was fantastic, as always, and I was very impressed by Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performances. Overall this movie was great! I already saw it twice and i might just have to see it again!
  96. RobW.
    Jul 30, 2010
    Quite possibly the best film I've ever seen. Engrossing throughout and compulsory to re-watch.
  97. DIegoH.
    Jul 16, 2010
    One of the best films I've seen in a long time. This is a film that doesn't really go away from you when you're done watching it, and makes you think deeply. Certainly a film that should be seen multiple times to fully understand and love it even more.
  98. BrandonHenke
    Jul 16, 2010
    Pure enjoyment from start to finish. An awe inspiring movie.
  99. AdityaM.
    Jul 16, 2010
    This movie has Stunning Visuals, a stirring storyline and a Captivating Narration. What more?
  100. BudBlue
    Jul 16, 2010
    Like a mix of The Matrix and Ocean's Eleven... A fantastic (if at times confusing) film where reality is not as certain as you might think.

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.