8.6

1. Sep 19, 2013
    Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing howNolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing how someone dreamed this story up, they must've been a genius. Expand
  2. Mar 24, 2012
    Inception to put it simply is a masterpiece. the most intelligent movies in years. it is not your typical summmer movie with its stupid storytelling and clumsy actions scenes. Mr. Nolan has not failed on a film yet and this will continue the streak. The best film of the year.
  3. Nov 28, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is a movie that needs little to no introduction. It's a movie that took Nolan somewhere around 30 years to fully create. As a result of this preparation, "Inception" remains the most intelligent science fiction film I've ever seen, and, not to mention, one of the greatest films I've ever seen. "Inception" is as much of an sci-fi film as it is an action,Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is a movie that needs little to no introduction. It's a movie that took Nolan somewhere around 30 years to fully create. As a result of this preparation, "Inception" remains the most intelligent science fiction film I've ever seen, and, not to mention, one of the greatest films I've ever seen. "Inception" is as much of an sci-fi film as it is an action, drama, or a mystery - it's that multifaceted. The movie features one of the most well thought out plots I've ever seen, featuring an unforgettable cast of colorful characters that are portrayed excellently by their respective actors. In a technical aspect the film is nothing short of brilliant - "Inception" took home most of the technical achievement Oscars at the Academy Awards this year. Another cool facet of the film (one of my favorite aspects of the movie) is the iconic, emotional, and bombastic soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. This is one of those movies that renews my faith in the movie industry, as a whole. Spectacular. Expand
  4. Nov 7, 2012
    Inception is one of the best films of the year. It refuses to adapt to our world, but instead sucks us into it's universe. Everything is spectacular about this movie. Bravo.
  5. Jun 9, 2013
    I bow before the brilliance of Christopher Nolan. My favorite movie of 2010 and easily one of my favorite movies of the last ten years. An absolutely flawless piece of film making.
  6. j30
    Sep 22, 2011
    Great movie, an action/science fiction movie with an intelligent plot that will have you talking about it way after the credits finish. Leonardo DiCaprio is the best actor in the business today period.
  7. Dec 23, 2014
    Inception hits the usual Christopher Nolan standard with it's high concepts, ambition, great acting and originality. The film has so many memorable scenes with quite a few scares and a lot of heart thrown in along the way. Inception is top entertainment and should not be missed.
  8. Aug 24, 2014
    This movie was different. I've never seen another film with an idea quite like this one.

The structure of the movie is rather complicated, and it doesn't really open when you see it for the first time (and maybe not on the second view, either); a dream within a dream, and the rules you must understand are complex, yet simple enough that you don't fall totally out of the loop. The

The actors were brilliant. I really liked Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt); he is easily my favorite. Eames (Tom Hardy) was also quite brilliant and funny, and they had awesome comedy between them. A character like Eams can easily go wrong, but he kept the charm and sarcasm on the right level, and the simple way Arthur just hung around was cool.

I've never been a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio's, but he was bearable in this one (although his first scene in this movie made me think that maybe this is a sequel to "Titanic" instead!).

Characters altogether were enjoyable in this film; they all had a reason to be there, there was nothing unnecessary in what they said and did, and while we had relatively little introduction to them, they all grew just right thorough the movie.

There was no unnecessary romantic element either, which often ruins a good movie for me; the relationship of Dom and Mal was twisted and dark in just the right ways.

The story moved smoothly, it didn't seem too long or too drawn out. The music blended in beautifully. The special effects were tasteful and as good as can be expected from a movie of this era and caliber. The pace of the scenes was also pretty good, even when you were witnessing events in three (sometimes four) different places at the same time.

A truly brilliant movie. Easily going to my favorites, and one I'm no doubt going to want to watch several times in the future. Also, the end leaves things open for several possibilities, which is annoyingly frustrating.
  9. Mar 22, 2011
    I know what you guys are thinking. Yes. I did saw this movie in theaters in Fredricksburg, VA but only once and I don't why I haven't seen it again until my stepfather bought a DVD copy of this movie. So I watched it on the plasma screen TV and really enjoyed it.

To my shocking surprise, this movie is in my Top 14 favorite movies of 2010 with a creative atmosphere about dreaming in reality, excellent acting, Top-Notch action scenes, a magnificent all-star casting including Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and more, and the most important thing about this movie: the superb visuals throughout the whole movie.

At my highest hopes, this movie deserves a 9/10.
  10. Dec 8, 2012
    Christopher Nolan - 4. My Mind - 0.

Christopher Nolan - 4. My Mind - 0.

My mind has been blown by Memento, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, and now....Inception. Easily alongside the top films of 2010, this film is truly unbelievable in every way. Basically, if you have not seen this film, you have waited way to long, as I did. You must see this film for yourself! There is so much to be said of it, but so few words that can explain it.

The story is simply brilliant, written by Nolan himself. Dream within a dream, within a dream, within a dream......just when you think you got everything sorted out, Nolan dishes an ending that, like the characters, makes the audience rethink everything they just viewed.

AMAZING special effects! I figured that they would be good, but I was blown away. The slow-mo, the rotating rooms, the anti-gravity scenes....awesome!

Also the cast is great! I do not like Leonardo DiCaprio, but has yet to make a movie that I have disliked, so his average at best performances do not bother me. I love Ellen Page. Marion Cotillard is incredible in this film. I also loved seeing Cillian Murphy again in a Nolan film. The role of Michael Caine is cool too.

Great, brilliant, mindblowing movie! Check it out!

I'm still a little unsure about whether this is a 5 Star film. I loved it, BUT....I'm not a big fan of the ending. I get it and understand it, but I don't really like it. When I think of previous Nolan films like Following, Memento, The Prestige, the endings really added to the film. The ending made the film even more perfect than they already were. But here, I didn't feel it. I have only seen it once so I'm going to give it a second viewing before I say more. Still...pretty brilliant!
  11. Jan 15, 2013
    It's easy to get lost in a feature like Inception.
    No, not because of its apparently complex storyline and premise, which I find rather simple to follow, as it is clearly explained throughout the film. Rather more its gripping tale of taking a simple idea in our mind, and create pretty much whatever we see fit.
    Leonardo DiCaprio stars as 'dream thief' Dom Cobb, an expert in extracting
    It's easy to get lost in a feature like Inception.
    Leonardo DiCaprio stars as 'dream thief' Dom Cobb, an expert in extracting information from a subjects subconscious. To return to a life of peace with his children, Cobb is asked to commit 'Inception', planting an idea inside a subjects subconscious while they are asleep.
    Christopher Nolan has created not necessarily something to baffle and dumbfound the audience, but a big-budget look at what we can create using something that will never go away...an idea.
    Cobb, with the aid of his associate Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) pull together a team to help infiltrate the mind of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). The team consists of Ellen Page as the architect (creating the dream world) Ariadne, expert forger Eames (Tom Hardy) and Mr Saito (Ken Watanabe), the business man trying to remove the competition of dissolving Fischer's fathers corporation, through Inception. While stunning visuals, epic set pieces and superb storytelling are all a-plenty, its the source which created these excellent moments that is the most wonderous part of the film, the unique, mind-provoking, yet simplistic plot of dreaming. It's all a wonderfully scripted puzzle which we, the viewer, must piece together, make us think and question what we believe to be real.
    It's also the way in which its portrayed onscreen that they are trying to tell as if we should already know that this is all possible, they don't overkill the idea, they simply remind us that it could be a dream.
    Christopher Nolan doesn't try to simplify his film at all, he merely wants the viewer to grasp its concept and think what they will for themselves.
    DiCaprio puts in a stellar performance as Cobb, he brings the sense that his character has been there too long at what he does and portrays this through his avoidance at direct open ended conversations with Ariadne, who suspects the whole operation could be blown due to Cobb's unwillingness to let go of his wife Mal (Marion Cotillard).
    Spectacular set-pieces set up a thrilling finale to this outstanding tale, and what culminates in the story will be seen as a cliff hangar to some, but a sense of closure brought about by excellent storytelling and convincing performances from the ensemble cast , Inception definitely asks the viewer to think about it for a while, and even then you still might not be able to explain what exactly you seen, but that it definitely needs to be planted in your subconscious.
  12. Aug 17, 2012
    Simply nothing to critize here. Actors are great, music is fantastic (Hans Zimmer is score God!), cinematography is mind-blowing and probably the best of all time and the story is a great new story, like we haven't seen it anytime before. Those who say they didn't get the movie probably watched it too unperceptive. Everything's great with this movie!
  13. Apr 20, 2013
    This movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that this movie was about dreams, I was afraid that it would be as bad as "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Thank God that wasn't the case. As far as acting and theThis movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that this movie was about dreams, I was afraid that it would be as bad as "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Thank God that wasn't the case. As far as acting and the storyline go, they work together excellently. I do admit that the storyline is really confusing, but once you get use to the movies' beauty, it's really an amazing and captivating movie. Christopher Nolan is the only person I know that can make a movie about dreams very interesting. Overall, it's a mind-bending sci-fi movie on dreams. Expand
  14. Apr 20, 2014
    I really love this movie he's one of my favourite ever!!! There is a dream cast(DiCaprio,Page,Gordon-Levitt and Murphy). This is kinda confusing for a movie but one thing is sure you never want to fall asleep or take a nap.I highly recommend it.
  15. Jun 10, 2013
    This movie is... awesome. If someone didn't like this film he must be probably too stupid to understand this. Great film,Effects and blabla casting. An expected Nolan's masterpiece
  16. Dec 17, 2010
    Man gets secrets & ideas by entering people's dreams, on the run, given chance to be free if he does one last job, agrees, not everything so straight forward.

Brilliant film in pretty much every aspect with a superb cast (Tom Hardy & Joseph Gordon-Levitt were the standouts for me), great script, fantastic action sequences & some great music to back it up. It has a real potential for

It has a real potential for getting messy & confusing but never thought it got too muddled despite all the dream shenanigans going on.
  17. Nov 9, 2014
    Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
  18. Apr 12, 2014
    Writer/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given an opportunity to wipe his past clean by a shady businessman if he can plant an idea into a marks head; of course this job is not without its risks.Writer/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given an opportunity to wipe his past clean by a shady businessman if he can plant an idea into a marks head; of course this job is not without its risks.

Featuring a stellar cast Inception could have been a complete disaster in the hands of a less capable director. The way in which Nolan utilizes astounding visual effects to continually add deeper and deeper layers to the concept without making everything too difficult to follow is truly masterful however and makes for one of the most spectacular films ever to grace cinema screens. To say anymore would be to spoil the movie for those that haven’t seen and suffice to say you should certainly see it.
  19. May 29, 2011
    A pretty good idea. The movie seems to present a parallel universe which tends the reality. The special effects and the characterâ
  20. Apr 23, 2015
    Undoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines by blazing trails that even a blind man could follow. For those who pay attention, Inception is not confusing. It is smart, taut, and does not rewardUndoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines by blazing trails that even a blind man could follow. For those who pay attention, Inception is not confusing. It is smart, taut, and does not reward indolence. If you zone out or make a trip to the snack bar, it will lose you. All it asks of viewers is that they do something rare: engage the intellect. Details may elude even the most attentive viewer, but the big picture will remain in focus. Despite layering dream upon dream and blurring the lines between reality and fantasy, writer/director Christopher Nolan has meticulously established Inception in such a way that getting lost is not an option. Is it a mind **** Maybe, but not one that leads to endless frustration. Nolan has a story to tell and he tells it. His main goal - at least until the end - is not screwing with the viewer's perception. He provides enough clarity that we know where we are and what we're watching and that we don't founder.

In fact, one could make an argument that the straightforward nature of Nolan's approach to such potentially mind-bending material is one of Inception's weaknesses. By pulling his punches, so to speak, and keeping things mostly linear, Nolan disallows the possibility of the screenplay turning into a Mobius Strip. Influences include, most obviously, Dark City and The Matrix. There's also a sense of kinship with Martin Scorsese's recent Shutter Island, not only because that film also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, but because both productions toy with narrator perspective and the intersection of illusion with reality. However, the strongest synergy I can think of is with the TV series Caprica (the prequel to Ronald Moore's Battlestar Galactica remake), which uses a similar approach to the one employed in Inception to explore virtual realities.

Inception is a less challenging project than Memento, which brought Nolan to the world's attention. It isn't as convoluted and the payoff, despite toying with our expectations, lacks the boldness of the earlier production. Still, this is a very good film that involves the intellect while at the same time not ignoring the visceral. There are numerous straightforward action scenes, including Matrix-like gravity-free hand-to-hand combat and a car chase, that inject some adrenaline into the proceedings. In fact, the entire second half of the film amounts to one massive, carefully choreographed sequence of escalating suspense as dangerous circumstances unfold across three levels of dreamscapes. Hans Zimmer's pounding score and Nolan's careful cross-cutting tie everything together perfectly.

As intellectually involving as this material is, Nolan wisely does not ignore the need for the viewer to have a strong emotional attachment to the main character. Cobb's backstory unfolds gradually, with the screenplay dropping pieces, like crumbs, in front of the viewer at regular intervals. We learn the truth about his relationship with his wife and children during the course of the narrative and, as one might suspect given Nolan's apparent anti-happiness bias (his movies aren't exactly carefree and joyous), there are tragic elements. Cobb is the only character who experiences significant development - the other members of his team are secondary. They get plenty of screen time but we know little about them beyond their functions within the scheme.

The special effects in Inception serve the story, rather than the other way around - which is a rare occurrence these days, when the emphasis seems to be on providing viewers with visual amusement park rides. In this case, we are presented with cities where streets defy gravity by arching overhead and massive cliffs that collapse into the sea. There is a point to everything, most often to illustrate how dreams distort the commonplace into something that defies the natural laws.

Is Inception cerebral? Yes. Is it too cerebral for mass audiences? I would argue that's not the case. In a sense, one gets out of Inception what one is willing to put in. Those looking for an action/adventure film can identify that, although 148 minutes is a little long for something so simplistic. Those willing to think and puzzle a little more will find that the twists and turns of the narrative aren't as labyrinthine as they initially appear. Inception is more accessible than obtuse. It proves, among other things, that Nolan has been unwilling to bask in the success of The Dark Knight. Looking for new and exciting challenges, he has found one here.
  21. May 25, 2014
    Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio evenInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
  22. Aug 26, 2010
    Christopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterfulChristopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterful editing, Nolan turns his psychotic idea into a smooth, polished vision that is enjoyable on every level it aims for. Expand
  23. Dec 13, 2013
    The subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult partsThe subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult parts down our throats through putting the questions we may ask in the mouths of his characters.

Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a fugitive after being suspected in his wife's death. Far from home, he yearns to see his children again. He resorts to use his considerable knowledge about dream states in stealing for various organisations to earn his living. When an opportunity presents itself to clear his name and pave the way for his return home, he jumps at it. But his feelings of guilt about the death of his wife render him unable to let go of her and thus makes him want to keep her alive in his dreams, which messes with his job when she repeatedly interferes.

The movie initially plays with the notion of stealing an idea from someone's brain while they sleep. Then it proposes something even more ludicrous_ planting an idea so that it will take shape and make that person embrace it as their own. This is termed as inception.

Fischer (Cillian Murphy) is heir to a corporation that his rival, Saito (Ken Watanabe), seeks to split. For that purpose the latter hires the expertise of Cobb, who assembles a team that consists of Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), his second-in-command; Eames (Tom Hardy), who impersonates people inside the dreams; and Ariadne (Ellen Page), who designs the dreams.

No movie experience can prepare you for what comes next and you have to rely totally on Nolan's ability to guide us through the maze. But you have to suspend disbelief and accept the movie's logic at face value that his vision is likely to happen in some world that exists somewhere, for there's no fun to be had through questioning things. The characters discuss things that we're likely to experience while we're dreaming, like the way we perceive our environment and time itself. He then uses these to construct an elaborate plot in dreams, in other dreams and dreams. It's not hard to follow. You just have to pay attention to every line uttered.

There's plenty happening to keep us occupied. Shooting, car chases, skiing, rappelling, explosions and so on. No couple of minutes of expository dialogue follows without mind-blowing jolts into electrified action played to booming music. The best sequence has to be a character's solitary stand against a small force inside a revolving and later gravity-less corridor.

The cinematography was masterful. The action was captured splendidly. The visual effects were spectacular_ the best among them a city folding on itself, another one falling to pieces, among others. Hans Zimmer should be credited with composing a spellbinding composition.

The main theme that Nolan tries to discuss is perhaps the relations between parents and children. The main plot follows Fischer's relationship with his dying father, who he has never got along with. Cobb seeks to exploit this to complete the mission assigned to him. Cobb's own longing for his children is contrasted with this.

The editing managed to keep the suspense high throughout the run. When dialogue seemed to lower our guard, it wasn't long before something jumped out at us. Some movies when getting down to the more serious part of the story seem to forget about the pacing altogether, which becomes their undoing. Moments of talking were interlaced with action flawlessly.

While it is clear that Nolan uses the opportunity to arouse as much complex discussions about dream states as James Cameron did with his own and others' ideas in his earliest movies, he still condescends to include as much exposition as possible. Dream states seem to provide a superb platform for gravity defying stunts and the opportunity was not lost on him. He crammed as much action as he could without overriding the most basic of messages. The movie is the most thought-provoking during the first half when we're being educated about the physics and rules of the dream world.

As Star Wars had proven previously, a film may not have to be scientifically correct to be received well both commercially and critically. I don't know if Inception does not depict proper science. People have not let this stop them from watching movies that thrill them before. They aren't going to start now. But for what its worth, Inception has better grasp on science than the former. But it doesn't succeed because of that. It succeeds because it succeeds in entertaining the hell out of us, or me at least.

Some films and literature force us to think out of the box, about things that are not necessarily rooted in reality, and it is only during these times when feelings of awe are most evoked. Inception was successful in doing that.
  24. May 13, 2013
    Perhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings to truly pick up on just how surreal of an atmosphere Nolan has devised through innovative plot structure, Hanz Zimmer's incredible score, and impressivePerhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings to truly pick up on just how surreal of an atmosphere Nolan has devised through innovative plot structure, Hanz Zimmer's incredible score, and impressive cinematography, even if you understood the story. I would give his cinematographer's name, but even though I know it, I know I'd spell it wrong. I've heard the movie Paprika had a great influence on Inception so I don't quite know exactly how original it actually is, but rest assured, it's definitely unique among mega budgeted action films. With it's arthouse sensibilities, huge scale, impressive visual effects, ambiguous ending, and enough (possibly) pseudo intellectuality to give Freud a headache, Inception marks a new era in blockbuster filmmaking, and will permanently cling to the deep recesses of your mind. Expand
  25. Jul 16, 2012
    What an astonishing movie! It is my personal favourite film of all time and it can also make a case to be the best film of all time alongside Citizen Kane. However Inception will not have the same impact Kane did so it's hard to judge.
  26. Nov 28, 2013
    Inception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceral level. Top-notch directing, acting, cinematography, editing and Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtrack only cements this as a modern classic.
  27. Jan 29, 2015
    Christopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,JosephChristopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,Joseph Gordon-Levitt,Ken Watanabe,Cillian Murphy,Tom Berenger e Marion Cotillard. Christopher Nolan obrigado por existir e trazer obra-primas do cinema do século 21. Expand
  28. May 31, 2011
    Superb! One of the finest films ever made! Regardless of all the theories on story originality, this film is a masterpiece nonetheless. DiCaprio gives an excellent performance supported by an awesome cast! This picture is beautifully filmed and scored, and it accomplished what so many films fail to do these days......it brought people to the theatres!
  29. Jan 23, 2011
    "Inception" is, technically speaking, a masterpiece. Surprisingly enough, the story and the screenplay in general are even more stunning than the visuals are! One is never quite certain what is going on - is it all a dream, or is it reality - which is the theme that goes across the whole film.
    With an amazingly original screenplay by director Christopher Nolan, it is hard for "Inception" to leave you without thinking. It is actually a rather engaging film, and I cannot imagine many people walking out from the film thinking that it did not offer food for thought, if nothing else.
    The visual effects are stunning, and in the same class as were the ones from "The Matrix" back in the day. Surely, it is not as breathtaking as "Avatar" was, but that was not it's intention in the first place. It is just visually a great film.
    The cast was also rather superb, especially DiCardo, Gordon-Levitt and Cottilard. Not really amazing performances, but definitely good and not over the top, which would have brought the quality of the film down.
    Christopher Nolan's direction and imagination are at it's peak - he has definitely surpassed "The Dark Knight" by far, with this film. Definitely a new masterpiece of cinema, that will leave no one apathetic.
  30. Aug 25, 2012
    I thoroughly enjoyed myself on this rollercoaster of a blockbuster which has to be one of the films of this decade. It has everything you could possibly want and to be honest, it was not very difficult to follow. The only thing stopping me from giving a ten is just that the idea is a tiny bit far-fetched. Upon first viewing I would have given it a ten but now I think a nine will suffice.I thoroughly enjoyed myself on this rollercoaster of a blockbuster which has to be one of the films of this decade. It has everything you could possibly want and to be honest, it was not very difficult to follow. The only thing stopping me from giving a ten is just that the idea is a tiny bit far-fetched. Upon first viewing I would have given it a ten but now I think a nine will suffice. The Dark Knight is still, in my opinion, Nolan's masterpiece. Expand
  31. Jan 7, 2011
    An Idea. A single idea from the human mind can do anything. That is what Christopher Nolan (Director) wants to resuscitate us. I am amazed by Nolan who could always tell such a complicated story so smooth. He has already proved his capability on his previous works, such as: BATMAN BEGINS (2005), THE DARK KNIGHT (2008), and sophisticated magician tale in THE PRESTIGE(2006). But I prefer toAn Idea. A single idea from the human mind can do anything. That is what Christopher Nolan (Director) wants to resuscitate us. I am amazed by Nolan who could always tell such a complicated story so smooth. He has already proved his capability on his previous works, such as: BATMAN BEGINS (2005), THE DARK KNIGHT (2008), and sophisticated magician tale in THE PRESTIGE(2006). But I prefer to compare thiz one with his earlier masterpiece MEMENTO (2000). What he was good at, not just a great story-teller (I think he is the best in our generation) but he always made a brilliant twist and turn in every ending of his stories. INCEPTION contains multi layer story-telling which tremendously executed well, precise what we saw on MEMENTO. INCEPTION is simply a bigger scale of MEMENTO. The story tells how Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his team could invade to people minds through their dream, and Cobb job is to steal it, or plant a new one. The supporting Casts were amazing, fills with the heavy-caliber Actors such as: Michael Caine, Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Ken Watanabe and others. In my notes, Dicaprio was not better than his performance on SHUTTER ISLAND (2010, early thiz year), but definitely also not a bad one either. Once again, he is success with his script selections and delivers some constant performances. Ellen Page and Cillian Murphy, both of them had just showed their extraordinary performances on **** (2010). I have to say Murphy brings one of the best performances for overall. But the best appearance is belongs to Marion Cottilard as Cobb vulnerable wife. The side-story about the dark past of Cobb and his wife draws my attention. The chemistry and that background story were one of the interesting parts from thiz movie. I could easily say, The Folding City and Revolving Room scenes will be one of the memorable moments in cinematic history. Thiz time, Nolan takes us to his dream, where an idea becomes seed of possibility. A great opening, a nice built concept for the main plot and deceitful twist of ending, it is all we needed for new level of ingenious movie. Simply, experience your life through Dream.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  32. Oct 12, 2010
    A film with dazzling technique, the real stars here are Christopher Nolan and his editor, Lee Smith. DiCaprio gives a fantastic, layered performance with a solid supporting cast around him. Hopefully the film and Nolan will be remembered come Oscar time.
  33. Mar 15, 2015
    Without using any spoilers... let me warn you. This movie WILL make you wanna watch it again! I can guarantee you that! I HIGHLY recommend this amazing masterpiece to anyone who loves solving mysteries and watch fantasies! Thank you Christopher Nolan
  34. Sep 19, 2010
    There are no words. Perfection. Visually and narratively stunning and heartbreaking, while also ground-breaking and heartwarming. Fascinating on every level.
  35. Mar 18, 2013
    Fascinating! I did not know what to expect the first time I saw it. I was blown away. The first minutes seem so complicated that it´s a miracle you keep discovering and discovering things. The visuals, the cast and the idea are amazing. Minutes fly and without noticing it you are so invested. And not only because of the action and the amazing pace, the movie has soul and in the finalFascinating! I did not know what to expect the first time I saw it. I was blown away. The first minutes seem so complicated that it´s a miracle you keep discovering and discovering things. The visuals, the cast and the idea are amazing. Minutes fly and without noticing it you are so invested. And not only because of the action and the amazing pace, the movie has soul and in the final minutes it really takes your heart too. Marion Cotillard: damn she´s only in a few minutes and her performance and character are so important. It´s breathtaking, innovative and entertaining. It also makes you think and stays on your mind for days. One can´t ask for more. One more thing that is essential: the score. It´s so breathtaking it stays on your mind. One of my favorite scores of all times. The film is almost perfect. Only few people giving it low ratings are the ones so accustomed to mediocre action films that they went to see this thinking it was about brainless action and their brains could not handle it. Incredible film. One of those you can see again and again. Expand
  36. Nov 3, 2012
    There are often summer films that succeed visually, but are not as spectacular without the addition of intellectual thought. It takes a while to navigate through all the confusion, but it is fascinating to see how everything works. The characters couldn't have been played better. Christopher Nolan doesn't treat his viewers as if they're stupid, but neither does he pretend he's so cleverThere are often summer films that succeed visually, but are not as spectacular without the addition of intellectual thought. It takes a while to navigate through all the confusion, but it is fascinating to see how everything works. The characters couldn't have been played better. Christopher Nolan doesn't treat his viewers as if they're stupid, but neither does he pretend he's so clever that he immediately confuses everyone. This is a rare summer film that thrills as well as fascinates, providing not just visual treats, but also intellectual ones. Expand
  37. Aug 23, 2011
    INCEPTION rarely fails to please. The only time it seriously does (and as a full-fledged displeasure) is in the last 15 or 20 minutes when it gets very, very boring and the action is no longer needed for the story line (well, maybe the last scene is necessary).
  38. Dec 10, 2011
    It is not Nolan's masterpiece (this title belongs to "The Dark Knight"), but "Inception" amazed me with its powerful cast, inventive story and spellbinding visual effects.
  39. Dec 6, 2013
    Inception have the best original idea i have ever seen and Nolan execute it to the level of perfection, it's a masterpiece in all it's elements.
    the visuals are the best thing i have ever seen.
    the performances are spectacular and the plot is imaginary.
    i never gave a movie 10 out of 10 before but inception easily deserve it.
  40. May 20, 2011
    its difficult to understand this movie the first time you watch it. it blew me away. it was great to see an original movie for once. it was confusing. and you kept saying wow and what the **** the whole timne when you watch this movie. overall i liked it
  41. Feb 22, 2012
    Inception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice inInception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice in Wonderland and Rabbit Hole.
    Inception treats a dark and interesting topic, the dreams and the power of the subconscious; and because of that the plot is so tangled, complex and even timeless. The barrier between reality and fiction is broken; so who can tell which thing is which? Or what is the difference between those? Even if you discover the true reality, can you be sure? There is only one or there are more realities? No one can tell for sure. This film also has some enjoyable concepts: Carpe Diem, the Leap of Faith, the bad remember dream and the unconditional love. The quotes that represent these concepts the most are: -An old man fill with regret waiting to die alone- and -You are waiting for a train...
    Besides the amazing topic, the screenplay, direction and performances are very good. But the most outstanding thing of Inception is the visual effects: the explosions in the cafe, the bend of the city, the free fall of the van, the fight in the hotel and all the things that happen in the limbo. What better way than a cliffhanger ending.
  42. Jul 14, 2012
    I loved this movie. Although some people say that it is confusing, I didn't think so and if you think that it is confusing, just watch it again and it will make more sense. I love the cast, the premise and the way everything is shot by genius director Christopher Nolan. Definitely see this one!
  43. Oct 13, 2010
    A very good movie that makes you think about dreams in a new way. I have talked to friends about dreams and the idea of controlling them, AND the idea of inception itself, and that's the kind of stuff that helps you know it's a good movie.
  44. Nov 21, 2013
    This movie was amazing, and not just because of the character development or the great effects, but the way it was put together. It has some of the best ending scenes and a great plot.
  45. Jan 14, 2013
    An beautiful world of division and similarity that encapsulates the mind to no end. I did'nt like the ending because I thought it was a cop out but a cool psychological action movie that has been the best one in a long time.
  46. Jan 21, 2011
    Inception has most of the usual suspects of a summer movie: awesome action, cool characters, and shooting. However, Inception is much much more than a blockbuster. The film is brainy, complex, and emotional. The script is one of the best I have seen, with top notch ending that will leave your jaw on the floor, Inception is film perfection. Do not miss this movie, absolutely go out and see it!
  47. Sep 28, 2011
    It's such an original film. It isn't confusing or hard to understand if you actually watch it, pay attention and listen. It's all about dreams within dreams and the film is a bit like a game. You're introduced to the concepts used within it and then the film starts. Must watch.
  48. Apr 16, 2012
    INCEPTION is a brilliant and entirely original film from the director of MEMENTO and THE DARK KNIGHT. It explores the fantastic world of dreams and what lies between in an elegant and complex crime caper that will capture your attention and imagination several times over. Nominated for 8 Academy Awards.
  49. Dec 22, 2014
    Christopher Nolan once Again entertain us with his movie Inception.The film's Premise is amazing full of twist and turns and unpredictable.It is also visually amazing!
  50. Apr 1, 2012
    First off, this would be a 9.5 out of 10. Visuals are outstanding, and the action sequences are mind-blowing. They are outstanding to watch. Acting is good to. Leo does a good job. Score is outstanding. Some of the best music well directed by Hans Zimmerman. Story is also really good. Kind of a cliffhanger at the end. Christopher NOlan never disappoint, especially with this one. One of hisFirst off, this would be a 9.5 out of 10. Visuals are outstanding, and the action sequences are mind-blowing. They are outstanding to watch. Acting is good to. Leo does a good job. Score is outstanding. Some of the best music well directed by Hans Zimmerman. Story is also really good. Kind of a cliffhanger at the end. Christopher NOlan never disappoint, especially with this one. One of his best films. Overall, everything is well done. It's really mind bending as the film progress that its just so good. You should really see this movie. Expand
  51. May 10, 2013
    This is undoubtedly the best movie of Nolan, its complex plot and theme of the film are extremely catchy, the acting is good especially for DiCaprio, who in my opinion is his best film.
  52. Aug 10, 2011
    Yep. I fell for it. The whole idea really sucks me in. How can you not be interested in such an original and mind-bending idea? It's also supported by incredible visuals and some unsung strong acting by the cast, especially Ellen Page
  53. CRL
    Aug 8, 2011
    Inception is easily one of my top five, and from a visual angle it's probably the best I've ever seen. The story starts out with a scene from the end, which adds hundreds of pounds of suspense to a final hour and a half already bursting with it. The story is never truly revealed, the web is unwound into an ever-changing plot that keeps you guessing to the very last scene. Also, theInception is easily one of my top five, and from a visual angle it's probably the best I've ever seen. The story starts out with a scene from the end, which adds hundreds of pounds of suspense to a final hour and a half already bursting with it. The story is never truly revealed, the web is unwound into an ever-changing plot that keeps you guessing to the very last scene. Also, the performances from DiCaprio, Page, and the rest of the corp of actors are amazingly good. And the suspense never ends; the ending leaves you with one last burning question. A masterpiece. Expand
  54. Mar 19, 2015
    Inception is a fantastic combination of exciting action, great intrigue, fantastic suspense, a fascinating plot, and its magnificent premise about dreams. It's excellent from start to finish.
  55. Dec 20, 2010
    With Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, making Inception is another big step towards the Oscars. Although Nolan did not get nominated in 2008 for The Dark Knight, directing Inception will definitely give him a boost in the category. A story taken in a place where we can go into people's dreams and control them completely. Just like Nolan's previous work, Memento, Inception's script isWith Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, making Inception is another big step towards the Oscars. Although Nolan did not get nominated in 2008 for The Dark Knight, directing Inception will definitely give him a boost in the category. A story taken in a place where we can go into people's dreams and control them completely. Just like Nolan's previous work, Memento, Inception's script is complex yet very entertaining and easy for the audience to understand. Intellectually, Inception is a very high-class film, but the film also demonstrates its dramatic side in which Leonardo DiCaprio comes in. The cast delivered with a sense that they knew exactly what was going on and Joseph Gordon-Levitt added the fun element to the film. Inception is mind-blowing, visceral, and smart, at the same time delivering the biggest Hollywood blockbuster of the year. OscarBuzz: Best Picture (like Avatar last year), Best Screenplay, Best Director (maybe), Best Support Actor - Levitt (good chance), Best Actor - DiCaprio (maybe), Technical awards (total domination)!!! Expand
  56. Mar 22, 2011
    One word: Masterpiece!!! Christopher Nolan once again serves up another action blockbuster and if truth be told its possibly the best film of 2010. Nolan gets it spot on in almost every sense, visually its just mesmerizing, it is an awesome achievement to do what Nolan does in this film. The characters are engaging from the very beginning and immediately draws you into the world ofOne word: Masterpiece!!! Christopher Nolan once again serves up another action blockbuster and if truth be told its possibly the best film of 2010. Nolan gets it spot on in almost every sense, visually its just mesmerizing, it is an awesome achievement to do what Nolan does in this film. The characters are engaging from the very beginning and immediately draws you into the world of Inception, leaving you pondering what is dream and what is reality. The idea itself is intriguing and in a film you would doubt it would work but this is sublime film-making. Di Caprio is as grand as ever in the lead role but the star of the show is Tom Hardy, who brings a more light-hearted and ironic approach aboard he seems destined for big things. And a mention for the beautiful Marion Cotillard who is terrific as Cobb's wife lost in limbo. This is without doubt one of the boldest and bravest films ever made and for that reason it's certainly one of the best films of all time! Expand
  57. Mar 24, 2013
    Obviously, to enjoy this epic, depend on the ability of the public to understand what is happening on the screen, as the narrative structure is based on levels where action takes place simultaneously with mismatches in the speed at which time passes.

Christopher Nolan took ten years to make this film conduct comprising the ability of people to enter the world of dreams. No technological explanations such as "Star Trek" as works of such a feat, so there is a script built like a maze where the goal of Dom Cob (Leonardo DiCaprio) is more valuable than money, but the ways to achieve this are as complex as those dreams where the information is.
    In the first hour set the game with the use of visual effects able to keep the mouth open, all depending on the plot demands it and not as mere filler.
    People often compare it with Matrix, but they should do so, which as the minutes pass such thinking is diluted to discover that it is an authentic work that deviates from what we have seen before.
    The performances are absolutely flawless, the story is more than epic and the visuals, without comment.
    Maybe some were disappointed to see the same elements but always served in a maze of ingenious script that the rest will make them feel satisfied.
    My Score: 100 Excellent.
  58. Aug 11, 2010
    What is a dream? Is a dream fragmented memories from your life that appear in a disjointed sequences of events or is a dream things you have done over the course of day or things you have seen that are lumped together to create a strange and at sometimes puzzling world that springs forth from the inner most reassesses of the human mind. Some will tell you the answer to why we dream andWhat is a dream? Is a dream fragmented memories from your life that appear in a disjointed sequences of events or is a dream things you have done over the course of day or things you have seen that are lumped together to create a strange and at sometimes puzzling world that springs forth from the inner most reassesses of the human mind. Some will tell you the answer to why we dream and others will say that we dream because it is how our minds are constructed to keep us active even when we sleep, (at least that is how I see it). The truth is that we as an advanced race will never truly know the reasons for dreams. The Human mind is the most complex and powerful thing we as humans posses and our ability to dream gives us something much more than just to keep our minds active it is a way for us to draw inspiration and to recover memories that we thought were long gone. Christopher Nolan(director of Memento, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) gives us a glimpse at the power of the mind the wonders of dream and a story that is as complex as the dream world it weaves a crime that does not take place someplace a place where the mind is the scene of the crime. Over the course of 11 years, Christopher Nolan has become one of modern cinemas greatest directors delivering one amazing film after another after another after another, Nolan has achieved a certain level of success at such a young age that is only matched by one other legendary filmmaker Steven Spielberg. Nolan's films are as complex as the next he never strays from focusing on the events of the story or the characters as they shift through theses dark and at sometimes lurid sequences of events that befall them. That is his style and that is the reasons I love his movies there is so much to them not just what is on the surfaces but what is beneath the surfaces the deep rooted anxiety of theses characters. There dark painful pasts, the non linear story telling that is almost ever present in all of his films his latest endeavor, "Inception" is no exception. "inception" is a twist a minute, mind bending brain teaser it is the rare kind of summer blockbuster that thrills you while at the same time making you think about the boundless possibilities that the dream world that our minds create. The only other movie, actually I should say movies, I have ever seen that posses such powerful questions are "The Matrix"(1999) and "Vanilla Sky"(2001) although "Vanilla Sky" is far more like "Inception than "The Matrix" they both are up there as two of the most mind bending Science Fiction films I have ever seen. Both films using the ideas of reality to further along there sometimes-confusing plot and "Inception" has one hell of a perplexing plot. This kind of movie is a thinking persons movie someone who has the attention span to keep there focus pinned on Nolan's bleak and stark vision of a dark visually stunning dream world that is amazingly not to different from our own. I know there will be people walking into this movie expecting a run of the mill action thriller that is just covered up by a premise that takes place in the dream world, they will sadly walk out upset that they did not get the mindless action that they expected or even wanted. A more perceptive experienced moviegoer will know what to expect from this twisty Nolan film and if you know that, you can never predict how it will end or what will happen then you have all they need to watch this brilliant piece of filmmaking. "Inception" took me by surprise I expected this film to be something similar to "The Matrix" and yet I got something far more complex and daring a wholly original and jarring Sci-Fi Noir that boldly puts itself out there and challenges the horrendous summer blockbusters by doing what they failed to do. Deliver a solid and thrilling piece of entertainment that surpasses anything that mainstream Hollywood has put out in the recent months. Nolan not only blows away the competition he crushes it leaving nothing but rubble of the films that should have been winner but instead were failures. "Inception" is one of the best if not the best film of the summer and one of the films of the year. Expand
  59. Jan 1, 2011
    Christopher Nolan made the first script for this back in 2001. Now, nearly ten years and two brilliant Gotham-set movies, it is released. The question is, is Inception any good? In short, YES! Inception is a serious contendor for film of the year. It is the rare movie that makes you think, whilst entertaining you with brilliant visuals. All of the cast play their role brilliantly, not oneChristopher Nolan made the first script for this back in 2001. Now, nearly ten years and two brilliant Gotham-set movies, it is released. The question is, is Inception any good? In short, YES! Inception is a serious contendor for film of the year. It is the rare movie that makes you think, whilst entertaining you with brilliant visuals. All of the cast play their role brilliantly, not one actor wavering throughout. The highlights have to be Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, playing their roles with such whim whilst venturing through serious situations. I heard this film be described as Ocean's Eleven meets The Matrix. It certainly is, as the first part plays out with the group recruiting and planning, ala Oceans, with each character playing a certain role. The second part than plays out as The Matrix, with the characters venturing through worlds which aren't real to set out their goal. The gravityless fight scene is a sight to behold, a high point of the movie. During the mind sequences, when met by the enemy, you fear for the characters fates. It is at this moment that I realised something. These characters aren't heroes. They're anti-heroes. Their mission is to trick a company heir into dissolving his fathers company, for Sato's personal gain. But we don't care about that, we care for these characters. From that, Christopher Nolan proves he is talented with writing characters, let alone movies. All in all, this movie is an event. It will make you think, and entertain you with it's awesomeness. This film is a must-see Expand
  60. Oct 2, 2010
    Pros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond andPros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond and Shutter Island. Joseph Gordon Levitte isnt just a goofy love-sick guy like in 500 Days of Summer. And Hans Zimmer, I loved the films soundtrack. May we all bow in worship to Christopher Nolan Expand
  61. Jun 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not a film, this is an experience. Stunning visual effects and an intelligent script make Inception your classic summer blockbuster with a twist: it is actually intelligent. The score is beautiful, and Nolan does his usually fantastic job directing. By the end of the film, you will be questioning reality, and most importantly, you will be wondering if it stopped spinning. Expand
  62. Dec 23, 2012
    An intellectually charged blockbuster that boggles and penetrates the mind at every level, 'Inception' is the epitome of brilliant, modern filmmaking. Christopher Nolan's genius bursts through the seams of this intricately constructed mythology presented in a maze of emotional depth, plot sophistication, heart-throbbing action and a score that immerses you in this world. StrikinglyAn intellectually charged blockbuster that boggles and penetrates the mind at every level, 'Inception' is the epitome of brilliant, modern filmmaking. Christopher Nolan's genius bursts through the seams of this intricately constructed mythology presented in a maze of emotional depth, plot sophistication, heart-throbbing action and a score that immerses you in this world. Strikingly thought-provoking and original, Inception is not only the finest film of the year, but one of the finest films ever crafted.
    BRAAAM BRAAAM, indeed.
  63. Apr 6, 2015
    Easily dominating best movie lists of 2010, and welly deserved as the best film I have seen so far this decade. Christopher Nolan has lived up to his reputation as a daring director by making one of the ambitious cinematic wonders like the Wizard of Oz meeting the Matrix and turn it into the number one fantasy heist film that was believed to be impossible to film.

Amazingly

Amazingly photographed, visually edited, and lots of shocking never before seen special effects and an all star cast executing great performances, as well as careful directing, its a mind-blowing science venture of epic proportions that makes it a phenomenon of the ages.

a new technological monument that gives us a trip from reality into the suspenses of our dream world where your mind is the weapon for the perfect crime. its an easy A+ epic not to be missed
  64. Feb 24, 2013
    This movie is really one candidate for the best film ever. I recommended everyone to watch this movie, ideally more then once. Its has a complex and deep plot mixed with various mainstream elements. A Blockbuster.
  65. Sep 17, 2011
    This is the best movie of all time! It just gets everything right. It is beautifully plotted, masterfully acted, and the visual effects are absolutely incredible! It is so much more smarter than your typical action film and it does not rely on its action and visual effects (which in this film was amazing by the way) but its storyline is strong enough to keep you engaged. Chris Nolan, youThis is the best movie of all time! It just gets everything right. It is beautifully plotted, masterfully acted, and the visual effects are absolutely incredible! It is so much more smarter than your typical action film and it does not rely on its action and visual effects (which in this film was amazing by the way) but its storyline is strong enough to keep you engaged. Chris Nolan, you are a legend! Expand
  66. Jul 12, 2013
    I don't really want to explain much as you need to watch the film to understand but anyway, Inception is a film, so if you're not prepared for that then don't watch it.

Inception is somewhat similar to The Matrix as this film is based on dreams, and you understand more as the film plays out so it makes you think. The character development could had been better but it isn't that much of a problem. The action is kind of meh... The thrill of the film is what keeps you entertained.
  67. Nov 23, 2010
    for me, the best movie this year so far.....10 out of 10...i really loved the plot..it was kinda confusing but it was well done..a well written script and a great director...A+
  68. Aug 28, 2011
    This is what I call an Original Film with an amazing and incredible script, and we owe to Christopher Nolan for making such a good film, with a clever screenplay, it just blow everything apart I was mesmerized by it. Everything in the movie was fantastic, i have nothing bad to say about it, it was just pure imagination and creation, and i'm very thankful for the existence of this movie.This is what I call an Original Film with an amazing and incredible script, and we owe to Christopher Nolan for making such a good film, with a clever screenplay, it just blow everything apart I was mesmerized by it. Everything in the movie was fantastic, i have nothing bad to say about it, it was just pure imagination and creation, and i'm very thankful for the existence of this movie. All members of the Cast were outstanding especially, Leonardo, Joseph, Ellen & Marion. This was the movie of 2010, hands down. Expand
  69. Sep 2, 2014
    Awesome plot! Just a wonderful idea. There are very few movies that bring something new nowadays - this is one of them. I have never seen anything similar. Great play from Di Caprio.
  70. Aug 15, 2010
    What "Inception" does best is prove how superb of a director Christopher Nolan really is. He creates his own fantasy world with its own rules, problems, and strategies without either boring or (for the most part) confusing his audiences. The movie is really not all the much of a **** it simply moves quickly and surefootedly because it has to. The film explains the dream universe so well inWhat "Inception" does best is prove how superb of a director Christopher Nolan really is. He creates his own fantasy world with its own rules, problems, and strategies without either boring or (for the most part) confusing his audiences. The movie is really not all the much of a **** it simply moves quickly and surefootedly because it has to. The film explains the dream universe so well in the first act that we almost always know what's going on later in the film, though it is rarely explained distinctly. The visuals are dazzling and the action can be intense, but ultimately this is a film of philosophy and theologies, rather than the usual summer blockbuster. One of 2010's best films. Expand
  71. Jan 24, 2014
    This is one movie that when I walked out I felt I just experienced a rare classic action/thriller. In Nolan's best movie to date Inception is the next Matrix.
  72. Oct 15, 2012
    Despite its two- and a half-hour length, it flies by and just like a great dream you don't want to wake up from, even after the end credits start, you'll desperately crave five more minutes.
  73. Dec 28, 2011
    Inception is terrifically directed, brilliantly acted and bloody confusing. But, it's a multidimensional film that can be watched over and over again. And each time, you pick up more and more parts of the story that you missed or didn't quite understand. 4/4 stars.
  74. Apr 14, 2011
    Innovative and intelligent, Inception is both thoroughly and imaginatively written and visually breathtaking. Pros: Brilliantly written and directed, as expected from Christopher Nolan; breathtaking special effects; marvelous climax; outstanding performances. Cons: Inception is not just for looks, in fact, it may come off as "boring" to audiences less interested in its complex use ofInnovative and intelligent, Inception is both thoroughly and imaginatively written and visually breathtaking. Pros: Brilliantly written and directed, as expected from Christopher Nolan; breathtaking special effects; marvelous climax; outstanding performances. Cons: Inception is not just for looks, in fact, it may come off as "boring" to audiences less interested in its complex use of narration and dialog. Expand
  75. Dec 20, 2011
    Inception is an amazing film that has a good premisis and delivers perfection. Leonardo Di Caprio's acting is as amazing as ever. The plot is very strong and the special effects that the film has are amazing, the story can get mildly confusing at times but that is the subtle point of the movie. Inception requires a lot of thinking and accomplishes that. Overall, Inception is a great filmInception is an amazing film that has a good premisis and delivers perfection. Leonardo Di Caprio's acting is as amazing as ever. The plot is very strong and the special effects that the film has are amazing, the story can get mildly confusing at times but that is the subtle point of the movie. Inception requires a lot of thinking and accomplishes that. Overall, Inception is a great film that everyone should watch and it is a film that you will remember forever. Breakdown for "Inception": Presentation: 9.3, Plot: 9.6, Acting: 9.8, Script: 9.4, Lasting Appeal: 9.7, Verdict: 9.4 out of 10 "Amazing". Expand
  76. Aug 12, 2010
    wow, this movie was really good, i am serriously thinking about going to see it again, it left me with so many doubt about what went on and what did´t happen, well thats how crasy the movie was. so go see it and be careful , u have to pay atention to all of the details.
  77. Aug 23, 2010
    Whoever doesn't give this movie a straight 10 just means that he didn't understand it. It is the type of movie in which you really have to concentrate to be fully aware of what is happening and which you got to see a second time to understand completely. The story is perfectly put together and it manages to throw you from one sensational idea to another. Adding to this, the actors do aWhoever doesn't give this movie a straight 10 just means that he didn't understand it. It is the type of movie in which you really have to concentrate to be fully aware of what is happening and which you got to see a second time to understand completely. The story is perfectly put together and it manages to throw you from one sensational idea to another. Adding to this, the actors do a wonderful job and the effects make every scene breathtaking. It's a definite must-see. Expand
  78. Oct 11, 2010
    Probably the best psychological thriller of the decade, at least. It's not flawless, since different aspects of the movie will appeal to different personalities (for example, not everyone will be on the edge of their seat for a zero gravity fight scene), but yeah, definitely a complex and mind-boggling movie that's worthy of appreciation, if you're up for the challenge. And, honestly, IProbably the best psychological thriller of the decade, at least. It's not flawless, since different aspects of the movie will appeal to different personalities (for example, not everyone will be on the edge of their seat for a zero gravity fight scene), but yeah, definitely a complex and mind-boggling movie that's worthy of appreciation, if you're up for the challenge. And, honestly, I was confused my first time watching this movie (maybe it had one too many layers), but it was much more clear the second time around fyi. Expand
  79. Mar 13, 2014
    Christopher Nolan's foray into independent blockbuster territory is a complex, definitely ambitious and more importantly a thought provoking film that might leave you scratching your head at the end but rest assured is a very satisfying metaphysical experience. A standing testimony to why the thinking man's Hollywood blockbuster isn't dead, not as long as we have a Nolan and a Cameron.
  80. Feb 2, 2011
    Christopher Nolan has done it again. And this time, he's upped himself to a level of massive achievement. "Inception" is a masterwork, one of the best films I've ever seen. The plot line was a work of pure genius, tackling ideas that have never been approached on this level before. The film paints its picture perfectly, developing with a building level of excitement and suspense, all whileChristopher Nolan has done it again. And this time, he's upped himself to a level of massive achievement. "Inception" is a masterwork, one of the best films I've ever seen. The plot line was a work of pure genius, tackling ideas that have never been approached on this level before. The film paints its picture perfectly, developing with a building level of excitement and suspense, all while advancing the story brilliantly. The musical score was booming, loud, exhilarating and outstanding. The emotional aspects of the film were presented with perfection. The whole cast gave very strong performances, adding to the prestige of the film. It retains all of this, while still being enthralling and action-packed. This has catapulted Christopher Nolan up there with master directors. Movie-makers will look back on this film for inspiration, as a masterpiece. Instant classic. Absolute brilliance. "Toy Story 3" has some competition for the "Best Picture" prize. Expand
  81. Oct 31, 2010
    Although painstakingly constructed and well executed (like all Nolan's movies) - Inception is more fun to parse and think about than to actually watch. Not really very original if one is familiar with SF literature and films, but the ideas are carefully and tightly packed, the structure works on multiple levels, there are at least 2-3 possible interpretations of the events, the heist/bondAlthough painstakingly constructed and well executed (like all Nolan's movies) - Inception is more fun to parse and think about than to actually watch. Not really very original if one is familiar with SF literature and films, but the ideas are carefully and tightly packed, the structure works on multiple levels, there are at least 2-3 possible interpretations of the events, the heist/bond movie structure and the this-worldliness of the dreamscapes is familiar enough as not to drive away the non-SF and non-surrealist crowds... It would really not be fair to ask for much more in a movie. Expand
  82. Mar 31, 2014
    The buildup throughout the plot, the strong acting to the point that one can imagine countless spin-off stories with each character, execution of dream sequences and references back to itself, Inception is simply put the quintessential puzzling summer blockbuster archetype. Nolan will not co-write and direct something more perfect.
  83. Apr 19, 2015
    Corporate spy-for-hire Dom Cobb (DiCaprio) steals ideas in dreams, but then he's hired to achieve the impossible: "inception" - planting an idea in the mind of a target. If he succeeds, he can see his estranged children. If he fails, he'll be trapped forever.

Like The Matrix mated with Synecdoche, New York — or a Charlie Kaufman 007. To paraphrase Casino Royale’s Vesper Lynd, it’s a meaningful pursuit in a summer of disposable entertainments. With physics-defying, thunderous action, heart-wringing emotion and an astonishing performance from DiCaprio, Nolan delivers another true original: welcome to an undiscovered country.
  84. Aug 13, 2010
    This is the kind of movie Iâ
  85. Sep 13, 2010
    Anyone who didn't enjoy this movie should stick with Twilight, Clash of the Titans, Sex & The City 2 and other such Hollywood drivel. What or who were you expecting to see? I suspect if Cobb's character was called Jack, the dreams sequences were filmed on a sinking boat and the deceased heroine were Kate Winslet you'd all be wetting your pants with excitement.
  86. Aug 27, 2010
    Thank you Christopher Nolan for making a film that doesnâ
  87. Aug 17, 2011
    I thought it over like fifty times, but it just cannot be any different than a ten (10). First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by MarionI thought it over like fifty times, but it just cannot be any different than a ten (10). First time I watched it in cinema, I was a little bit baffled or misoriented. However after getting the DVD I watch it once a week I think. I just can`t get over this flick! Where do I start - maybe from the best. First off, performance worth of an Oscar by Leonardo DiCaprio, excellent acting by Marion Cotillard and Ken Watanabe, above average by all the rest, especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy. All of the characters without exceptions are engaging in their own way. Each of them contribute to make the viewer experience something special. There are couple of wonderful scenes here which I view from time to time just out of boredom. There are all kinds of emotions I especially appreciate. Second, the music. I just can`t get it out of my head. It succeeds wonderfully in both assisting the action scenes and dramatic ones. It perfectly manipulates the viewer without him noticing. Third being the story. It is just brilliant. Somehow Christopher Nolan managed to make an action-thriller-drama film in one without going overboard. The love story is there - it doesn`t get in the way, it is touching. The action scenes are ok, without no needless effects. The chain of events is overall well thought. The idea of dream in a dream has been executed with excellence. The viewer experiences all kinds of emotions : fear, sorrow, intrigue, happiness, doubt. I didn`t find a single hole in the story. Everythin with a cliffhanger scene and a never-know end to it. Easily one of my 20 all time best movies ever made. Perfect. Expand
  88. Aug 14, 2010
    THe hype was huge, the idea behind the movie was incredible, and it mostly lived up to both of those things. The movie is not perfect, and there will be detractors, but it is a unique movie that will make you think.
  89. Apr 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Review
    Inception
    Browse more images »
    If you know nothing else about Inception, at least know this: it is not a trick. It is ingenious but not crafty, knotty but not duplicitous. It has neither Memento’s method conceit nor the smoke and mirrors of The Prestige. To contrast it with the latter, in particular (fine film though that is), is to appreciate the difference between stage-magic and a real miracle.

The director-as-magician analogy feels least tired when applied to Christopher Nolan, given his body of work, its formal and mental layers and precisely engineered reveals. At best, this approach can be exhilarating. At worst — as with the narrative drip-feed of Insomnia, his weakest picture — it is obfuscation masquerading as artistry, aka not half as bloody clever as it thinks it is. Given its setting is largely the subconscious, though, Inception can’t work with a rug-pull denouement. Every scene — let alone the movie — could be punctured with that postscript beloved of primary school story scribblers: “And I woke up and it was only a dream...” So, don’t brace for a “ta-dah!” moment — it will impede your enjoyment and waste your time. Instead, marvel at the effrontery of a filmmaker who asks you to emotionally invest in avowed mental constructs — and succeeds. In one sense, admittedly, this is what every filmmaker asks us to do: engross ourselves in their imagination. The movie, then, could be interpreted as being about craft and inspiration — one character even says, of constructing the architecture of dreams, “It’s just... pure creation.” In terms of scale and style it is, as Nolan intended, comparable to Bond’s best excursions — yet filtered through a brain-frying, subconscious-spelunking, time-dilating structure that boldly frames action sequences around each other. So we get an explosive Arctic mountain vault-storming within a zero-gravity scramble within a vehicle-crunching chase. In effect, the set-pieces are simultaneous. Which is insane, but brilliant as, while he at times boggles through the necessarily complex editing, Nolan never corrupts his multiverse’s internal logic. When you’re not basking in the visuals, you can always lean into DiCaprio and appreciate the emotion. He anchors everything. An actor who has long borne the blessing and the burden of being hailed a genius before he was even a man, he has never been less than good, but can appear either callow or try-hard, like a child dressing in daddy’s suit. Not here. He shows a depth of feeling rivalled only by his work in Shutter Island. To deliver two such turns in a career would be impressive. In a year, it’s just showing off. What makes it work, really, though, is how unfussy he is, how unselfish — there’s no showboating. Good as he is in The Departed or Gangs Of New York, you could sometimes feel the Weight of his Acting. Here, paradoxically, he appears effortless, even though he’s the beam on which the whole mighty edifice rests. It’s because you believe his journey, his heart, that you buy into Inception. If he failed, so would the movie. This isn’t the sort of performance that usually wins Oscars — it’s not ostentatious or superficially transformative, but by God it is brilliant. The strength of it is that you remain emotionally engaged, even if you’re not entirely sure what’s going on. The third act makes Memento seem about as complex as Bear In The Big Blue House. And while there is remarkable clarity given the complexity, you are pummelled with information and have to keep up — pay attention, figure it out.

90. Sep 1, 2010
    A beautifully complex movie by modern master filmmaker Christopher Nolan. The performances, editing, music and visual effects are remarkable and surely Oscar worthy. Intelligent, mesmerising and astounding, this a must-see movie experience.
  91. Nov 1, 2011
    Pure awesomeness, though more character development and more acting depth wouldn't hurt.
  92. Dec 26, 2010
    This film didn't take me by surprise by how awesome it was. When I first saw the trailer for it I knew it would be another great Nolan film. Absolutely, 100% original, the most original film of the year, maybe the decade (yeah, I'll say it). As far as acting and performance value, no one steals the show, but every character is at least a bit intriguing. Incredible visuals and score. TheThis film didn't take me by surprise by how awesome it was. When I first saw the trailer for it I knew it would be another great Nolan film. Absolutely, 100% original, the most original film of the year, maybe the decade (yeah, I'll say it). As far as acting and performance value, no one steals the show, but every character is at least a bit intriguing. Incredible visuals and score. The intensity and edge of your seat suspense doesn't end for an entire hour of the film. The screenplay is wonderful. At times, it moves a bit too fast, but with an idea this complex it kind of had to move fast. Astounding direction from Christopher Nolan. As far as entertainment goes, if they can give us better than this, I would love to see it. Expand
  93. Aug 11, 2010
    Christopher Nolan has done it again. Dazzling, mindbending, and utterly exciting, "Inception" delivers in almost every conceivable way. I saw it twice during it's opening weekend, and I have every intention of seeing it again. Nolan's film blows every other Summer film out of the water. Hands down.
  94. Aug 17, 2011
    One of the most satisfying action sci-fi thrillers to date. Some people complain to be confused by the intricate but interesting plot and scenario, but the whole movie, I was so engrossed to every detail that I was never lost. Brilliant acting, wonderful special effects and a fascinating idea with plenty of twists and action along the way that will leave you interested for the entireOne of the most satisfying action sci-fi thrillers to date. Some people complain to be confused by the intricate but interesting plot and scenario, but the whole movie, I was so engrossed to every detail that I was never lost. Brilliant acting, wonderful special effects and a fascinating idea with plenty of twists and action along the way that will leave you interested for the entire movie, until the suspenseful ending that will leave you guessing. An incredible movie in nearly every department, and a must-see for sure. Expand
  95. Feb 3, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 看似难懂其实本片相对于诺兰得早期作品而言可谓相当易懂,电影充满想像力,精彩刺激,特别是三层梦境中的连环剪辑十分出彩,结尾很棒,特效超赞,配乐超级震撼,影片背后的意义则令人深思。 Expand
  96. Mar 8, 2014
    An amazing film not only to hang out, but I understand the plot cost much at first. Either way is great and lots of action. Christopher Nolan is seen that nothing gets wasted no Inception, and hopefully see it work on other projects as well.
  97. Jul 21, 2014
    Outstanding special effects, great casting, brain numbing plot twists, a sci-fi master peace. It might be a tricky to follow when you first see it, but also one of the most jaw-dropping, mind bending, outstanding movies by Christopher Nolan.
  98. Mar 4, 2013
    The only big-budget Hollywood movie that I've seen that felt like a piece of art. I dare say that Inception feels European at times, and then starts feeling like a mash-up art house action movie. The story demands your brain cells getting into gear and think, something that Hollywood loves to ignore. However, the audience seems to have caught up with the times and they realise they wantThe only big-budget Hollywood movie that I've seen that felt like a piece of art. I dare say that Inception feels European at times, and then starts feeling like a mash-up art house action movie. The story demands your brain cells getting into gear and think, something that Hollywood loves to ignore. However, the audience seems to have caught up with the times and they realise they want more movies that ate just as we'll made as this masterpiece, and not a sequel to robots bashing each other senselessly. Christopher Nolan has brought new ground to Hollywood and has proven that the lowest common denominators are not as dumb as you think.

Inception is a triumph of cinema, scifi storytelling and just overall realisation of a concept that isn't all that easy to translate on screen. 10/10
  99. Feb 18, 2011
    Creative dream-sight - In a modern present time confidential information can be planted inside the human brain and a man can communicate with his deceased wife.

Dominic Cobb is a sharp minded extractionist who makes a living of a modern technological discovery. The main goal with this technology is to capture secret information from ordinary peoples minds, but the goal is rotated 180 degrees when Dominic receives an irresistible offer from a powerful Japanese, which involves inception.

After the box office hit "The Dark Knight" (2008) my expectations were great when it was announced that Christopher Nolan was making a film with Leonardo DiCaprio, and he certainly delivers. "Inception" looks good on the big screen and lacks nothing when it comes to the films technological and aesthetic aspects. The films versatile acting ensemble engages with their energetic and well articulated interpretations. Marion Cotillard, Ken Watanabe and Cillian Murphy stands out, while Leonardo DiCaprio continues to prove why he is hired by masterful directors. "Inception" is 220 minutes like the speed of light with thriller, drama, comedy and action, that describes and visualizes the experience of being awake and in dreams at the same time. Nolan's dream-sight and level of creativity can be associated with "The Matrix" (1996) and "Vanilla Sky" (2001). Intellectual dialog, progressive editing, sublime architecture photography and a thought intensive screenplay are some of the strongest elements in this ingenious film.
  100. Dec 25, 2010
    I have to say, one of the best movies I've ever seen (tied with the Lord of the Rings and the Dark Knight, another Christopher Nolan film). You can just look at the title and say: that's a good movie. It'll get high ratings. So far I've been correct: Fred Clause will be panned by critics, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will be terrible, and Inception will be AWESOME! DirectorI have to say, one of the best movies I've ever seen (tied with the Lord of the Rings and the Dark Knight, another Christopher Nolan film). You can just look at the title and say: that's a good movie. It'll get high ratings. So far I've been correct: Fred Clause will be panned by critics, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will be terrible, and Inception will be AWESOME! Director Christopher Nolan created a universe that, in some senses may not be original, and then wrote a story involving the characters in the universe. I liked how he developed the universe to have complex laws and rules. I also liked all the psychology behind it, such as Dom Cobb and his deceased wife, Mal. The psychology was so immense, yet it managed to hold our attention until the end. Another great thing about Chris Nolan, he can handle so many characters at once. You should see the posters for Inception and The Dark Knight. There are like ten actors across the top and those aren't even all the main characters. In Inception, Nolan made sure all the main characters were developed and when you finish the film, you can't help but know the characters, especially Dom, Fischer, and Ariadne. Some pretty good action scenes too. I really liked the twist at the end. All I can say now is woohoo! 10 of 10. Expand

In terms of sheer originality, ambition and achievement, Inception is the movie of the summer, the movie of the year and the movie of our dreams.
  2. In a summer of remakes, reboots and sequels comes Inception, easily the most original movie idea in ages.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    If Inception is a metaphysical puzzle, it's also a metaphorical one: It's hard not to draw connections between Cobb's dream-weaving and Nolan's filmmaking -- an activity devoted to constructing a simulacrum of reality, intended to seduce us, mess with our heads and leave a lasting impression. Mission accomplished.