Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: July 16, 2010
Universal acclaim based on 3855 Ratings
3,457
Watch Now
EpicLadySpongeFeb 2, 2016
Inception is no other than a runner-up for best movie of 2010. Inception did what it took to become the most popular movie of 2010 and it's a good one alright.
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is a movie that needs little to no introduction. It's a movie that took Nolan somewhere around 30 years to fully create. As a result of this preparation, "Inception" remains the most intelligent science fictionChristopher Nolan's "Inception" is a movie that needs little to no introduction. It's a movie that took Nolan somewhere around 30 years to fully create. As a result of this preparation, "Inception" remains the most intelligent science fiction film I've ever seen, and, not to mention, one of the greatest films I've ever seen. "Inception" is as much of an sci-fi film as it is an action, drama, or a mystery - it's that multifaceted. The movie features one of the most well thought out plots I've ever seen, featuring an unforgettable cast of colorful characters that are portrayed excellently by their respective actors. In a technical aspect the film is nothing short of brilliant - "Inception" took home most of the technical achievement Oscars at the Academy Awards this year. Another cool facet of the film (one of my favorite aspects of the movie) is the iconic, emotional, and bombastic soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. This is one of those movies that renews my faith in the movie industry, as a whole. Spectacular. Expand
MovieGuysSep 19, 2013
Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram,Nolan's Inception, as mind-blowing and thought-provoking as it is, is the type of movie you can watch a dozen times and still not completely understand. The films main plot is so complex that you may have to write it down, or draw a diagram, in order to understand it. A math teacher's dream of a movie! The acting is good, and the way it presents itself is astounding. It's amazing how someone dreamed this story up, they must've been a genius. Expand
BrianMcCriticJun 9, 2013
I bow before the brilliance of Christopher Nolan. My favorite movie of 2010 and easily one of my favorite movies of the last ten years. An absolutely flawless piece of film making.
beingryanjudeAug 24, 2014
It's difficult to deny Christopher Nolan the brilliance of his concept. Especially when it is presented as beautifully as it is. An ensemble that will go down in history... but I can't help but wishing it was a tad bit shorter.
csw12Mar 24, 2012
Inception to put it simply is a masterpiece. the most intelligent movies in years. it is not your typical summmer movie with its stupid storytelling and clumsy actions scenes. Mr. Nolan has not failed on a film yet and this will continue theInception to put it simply is a masterpiece. the most intelligent movies in years. it is not your typical summmer movie with its stupid storytelling and clumsy actions scenes. Mr. Nolan has not failed on a film yet and this will continue the streak. The best film of the year. Expand
grandpajoe6191Sep 10, 2011
The movie's plot may baffle the audience, but Christopher Nolan's "Inception" dazzles us with powerful visuals, an ensemble cast, and mostly the director's mind blowing creativity.
Meth-dudeApr 20, 2014
I really love this movie he's one of my favourite ever!!! There is a dream cast(DiCaprio,Page,Gordon-Levitt and Murphy). This is kinda confusing for a movie but one thing is sure you never want to fall asleep or take a nap.I highly recommend it.
cameronmorewoodNov 7, 2012
Inception is one of the best films of the year. It refuses to adapt to our world, but instead sucks us into it's universe. Everything is spectacular about this movie. Bravo.
imthenoobJan 3, 2013
Good acting by the cast (absolutely loved Tom Hardy), It looks great, and it kept you interested from start to finish. I only watched it once and I had no problems understand the concept of inception or it's plot so anyone who is confused byGood acting by the cast (absolutely loved Tom Hardy), It looks great, and it kept you interested from start to finish. I only watched it once and I had no problems understand the concept of inception or it's plot so anyone who is confused by it clearly failed to pay attention. It's a good movie. Expand
TokyochuchuDec 23, 2014
Inception hits the usual Christopher Nolan standard with it's high concepts, ambition, great acting and originality. The film has so many memorable scenes with quite a few scares and a lot of heart thrown in along the way. Inception is topInception hits the usual Christopher Nolan standard with it's high concepts, ambition, great acting and originality. The film has so many memorable scenes with quite a few scares and a lot of heart thrown in along the way. Inception is top entertainment and should not be missed. Expand
j30Sep 22, 2011
Great movie, an action/science fiction movie with an intelligent plot that will have you talking about it way after the credits finish. Leonardo DiCaprio is the best actor in the business today period.
JacobOct 30, 2014
Often when I watch a film I’m often taken out if it by major issues I have with the film from characters and story but this isn’t the case. Every problem I have with this film is minor and/or can easily be overlooked. The film has an originalOften when I watch a film I’m often taken out if it by major issues I have with the film from characters and story but this isn’t the case. Every problem I have with this film is minor and/or can easily be overlooked. The film has an original concept that leads to some fantastic action scenes and an amazing climax. Leonardo DiCapprio embodies the character he plays to the point when I’m not thinking to myself that’s Leonardo DiCapprio that’s the Inception character. The score and direction are great. Most of the characters don’t have much too them and the score is a little too much like Dark Knight and is overshadowed by the wakeup music but those are issues that I can easily overlook. It is rare that I can just sitback and enjoy a film without thinking of critiques, the score I’ll give it, etc because Inception has microscopic problems. This film is awesome it blew me away and truly ranks as not just a great film for Nolan to add to his resume but one of the greatest films out there. I loved watching this movie and I can’t wait to see it again. With more and more viewings this could become one of my favorite movies. With Nolan having a film this awesome under his belt I cannot wait for Interstellar because films like this prove how awesome of a filmmaker he is. Then again with Nolan setting the bar so why the question is raised how do you top that. Regardless Inception is amazing brilliant concept, brilliant direction, brilliant acting. See this film if you haven’t already. Expand
oxanaAug 24, 2014
This movie was different. I've never seen another film with an idea quite like this one.

The structure of the movie is rather complicated, and it doesn't really open when you see it for the first time (and maybe not on the second view, either); a dream within a dream, and the rules you must understand are complex, yet simple enough that you don't fall totally out of the loop.

The actors were brilliant. I really liked Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt); he is easily my favorite. Eames (Tom Hardy) was also quite brilliant and funny, and they had awesome comedy between them. A character like Eams can easily go wrong, but he kept the charm and sarcasm on the right level, and the simple way Arthur just hung around was cool.

I've never been a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio's, but he was bearable in this one (although his first scene in this movie made me think that maybe this is a sequel to "Titanic" instead!).

Characters altogether were enjoyable in this film; they all had a reason to be there, there was nothing unnecessary in what they said and did, and while we had relatively little introduction to them, they all grew just right thorough the movie.

There was no unnecessary romantic element either, which often ruins a good movie for me; the relationship of Dom and Mal was twisted and dark in just the right ways.

The story moved smoothly, it didn't seem too long or too drawn out. The music blended in beautifully. The special effects were tasteful and as good as can be expected from a movie of this era and caliber. The pace of the scenes was also pretty good, even when you were witnessing events in three (sometimes four) different places at the same time.

A truly brilliant movie. Easily going to my favorites, and one I'm no doubt going to want to watch several times in the future. Also, the end leaves things open for several possibilities, which is annoyingly frustrating.
eagleeyevikingNov 28, 2013
Inception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceralInception is a spider's web woven with such intricacy that only when focused, you can find a way out. With brilliant material for the brilliant cast to work on, Inception delivers a complex masterpiece at an intellectual as well as visceral level. Top-notch directing, acting, cinematography, editing and Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtrack only cements this as a modern classic. Expand
MovieLonely94Mar 22, 2011
I know what you guys are thinking. Yes. I did saw this movie in theaters in Fredricksburg, VA but only once and I don't why I haven't seen it again until my stepfather bought a DVD copy of this movie. So I watched it on the plasma screen TVI know what you guys are thinking. Yes. I did saw this movie in theaters in Fredricksburg, VA but only once and I don't why I haven't seen it again until my stepfather bought a DVD copy of this movie. So I watched it on the plasma screen TV and really enjoyed it.

To my shocking surprise, this movie is in my Top 14 favorite movies of 2010 with a creative atmosphere about dreaming in reality, excellent acting, Top-Notch action scenes, a magnificent all-star casting including Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and more, and the most important thing about this movie: the superb visuals throughout the whole movie.

At my highest hopes, this movie deserves a 9/10.
FuturedirectorJul 9, 2017
With Inception, Christopher Nolan's still proving how unpredictable, smart and inventive is him. Otherwise, it has enough thriller, smartness and great interpretations to leave the audience in shock.
choomtabi31May 24, 2016
Perhaps my favorite movie of all time. Maybe tied with a few others, but I love this film.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-351296-Inception
heyitsmegrif4Jan 27, 2012
Inception is visually dazzling and original and fantastically entertaining. And it features acceptable performances, but I can't help but feel the whole idea of the film gets lost in the main characters own dreams. I give this film 76%.
TheApplegnomeOct 6, 2015
Another masterpiece from the imaginative Christopher Nolan. Inception explores the depths of the human consciousness and bends the rules of everything logical. Dreams, obsessions and basic human aspects are a classic trait, and it never failsAnother masterpiece from the imaginative Christopher Nolan. Inception explores the depths of the human consciousness and bends the rules of everything logical. Dreams, obsessions and basic human aspects are a classic trait, and it never fails to deliver excitement from both from the tempo and the flawless characters. A stunning, ambitious mind-bending movie of art, that might not work all the way due to its over-complexity and a perhaps too ambitious plot, so the dialogs can be a bit too informational. But that's not something everyone will notice, and not something you should harken too. Because it's a classic sequel of the Nolan-franchise.

Personal rating: 88/100
Critical rating: 93/100
worleyjamersDec 8, 2012
Christopher Nolan - 4. My Mind - 0.

Christopher Nolan - 4. My Mind - 0.

My mind has been blown by Memento, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, and now....Inception. Easily alongside the top films of 2010, this film is truly unbelievable in every way. Basically, if you have not seen this film, you have waited way to long, as I did. You must see this film for yourself! There is so much to be said of it, but so few words that can explain it.

The story is simply brilliant, written by Nolan himself. Dream within a dream, within a dream, within a dream......just when you think you got everything sorted out, Nolan dishes an ending that, like the characters, makes the audience rethink everything they just viewed.

AMAZING special effects! I figured that they would be good, but I was blown away. The slow-mo, the rotating rooms, the anti-gravity scenes....awesome!

Also the cast is great! I do not like Leonardo DiCaprio, but has yet to make a movie that I have disliked, so his average at best performances do not bother me. I love Ellen Page. Marion Cotillard is incredible in this film. I also loved seeing Cillian Murphy again in a Nolan film. The role of Michael Caine is cool too.

Great, brilliant, mindblowing movie! Check it out!

I'm still a little unsure about whether this is a 5 Star film. I loved it, BUT....I'm not a big fan of the ending. I get it and understand it, but I don't really like it. When I think of previous Nolan films like Following, Memento, The Prestige, the endings really added to the film. The ending made the film even more perfect than they already were. But here, I didn't feel it. I have only seen it once so I'm going to give it a second viewing before I say more. Still...pretty brilliant!
StevenFJan 15, 2013
It's easy to get lost in a feature like Inception.
It's easy to get lost in a feature like Inception.
No, not because of its apparently complex storyline and premise, which I find rather simple to follow, as it is clearly explained throughout the film. Rather more its gripping tale of taking a simple idea in our mind, and create pretty much whatever we see fit.
Leonardo DiCaprio stars as 'dream thief' Dom Cobb, an expert in extracting information from a subjects subconscious. To return to a life of peace with his children, Cobb is asked to commit 'Inception', planting an idea inside a subjects subconscious while they are asleep.
Christopher Nolan has created not necessarily something to baffle and dumbfound the audience, but a big-budget look at what we can create using something that will never go away...an idea.
Cobb, with the aid of his associate Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) pull together a team to help infiltrate the mind of Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy). The team consists of Ellen Page as the architect (creating the dream world) Ariadne, expert forger Eames (Tom Hardy) and Mr Saito (Ken Watanabe), the business man trying to remove the competition of dissolving Fischer's fathers corporation, through Inception. While stunning visuals, epic set pieces and superb storytelling are all a-plenty, its the source which created these excellent moments that is the most wonderous part of the film, the unique, mind-provoking, yet simplistic plot of dreaming. It's all a wonderfully scripted puzzle which we, the viewer, must piece together, make us think and question what we believe to be real.
It's also the way in which its portrayed onscreen that they are trying to tell as if we should already know that this is all possible, they don't overkill the idea, they simply remind us that it could be a dream.
Christopher Nolan doesn't try to simplify his film at all, he merely wants the viewer to grasp its concept and think what they will for themselves.
DiCaprio puts in a stellar performance as Cobb, he brings the sense that his character has been there too long at what he does and portrays this through his avoidance at direct open ended conversations with Ariadne, who suspects the whole operation could be blown due to Cobb's unwillingness to let go of his wife Mal (Marion Cotillard).
Spectacular set-pieces set up a thrilling finale to this outstanding tale, and what culminates in the story will be seen as a cliff hangar to some, but a sense of closure brought about by excellent storytelling and convincing performances from the ensemble cast , Inception definitely asks the viewer to think about it for a while, and even then you still might not be able to explain what exactly you seen, but that it definitely needs to be planted in your subconscious.
BikerjamesJan 31, 2011
The trailer for the film was fantastic, and the fact that Chris Nolan directed it reeled me in. I couldn't wait to see it. When I saw it, I liked it but didn't love it like so many others. I tend to see things black or white, so the storyThe trailer for the film was fantastic, and the fact that Chris Nolan directed it reeled me in. I couldn't wait to see it. When I saw it, I liked it but didn't love it like so many others. I tend to see things black or white, so the story that so many people have blogged and argued and were confused about seemed pretty straight forward to me. In fact, the characters explain what is going to happen when they are inside a dream, then when they dream it does happen. Another problem I had with the film is that I didn't care about any of the characters, so I didn't care if they died or not. A better film than this one in the same genre would be "Dark City". That one blew my mind AND I cared about the characters. I also thought the loud soundtrack sometimes muted the dialogue. Overall a good film with great special effects that might get better for me with repeated viewings. Expand
Movie1997Apr 20, 2013
This movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that thisThis movie was really something else, in an amazing way of course. Inception really takes you into a world beyond imagination. It has the perfect element of surprise by taking you into a world of dreams. Honestly, when I first heard that this movie was about dreams, I was afraid that it would be as bad as "Sharkboy and Lavagirl". Thank God that wasn't the case. As far as acting and the storyline go, they work together excellently. I do admit that the storyline is really confusing, but once you get use to the movies' beauty, it's really an amazing and captivating movie. Christopher Nolan is the only person I know that can make a movie about dreams very interesting. Overall, it's a mind-bending sci-fi movie on dreams. Expand
drlowdonApr 12, 2014
Writer/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given anWriter/Director of the most recent Batman Trilogy Christopher Nolan inception follows Dom Cobb (Di Caprio) who is able to invade people's dreams and extract their most closely guarded secrets. An international fugitive Cobb is given an opportunity to wipe his past clean by a shady businessman if he can plant an idea into a marks head; of course this job is not without its risks.

Featuring a stellar cast Inception could have been a complete disaster in the hands of a less capable director. The way in which Nolan utilizes astounding visual effects to continually add deeper and deeper layers to the concept without making everything too difficult to follow is truly masterful however and makes for one of the most spectacular films ever to grace cinema screens. To say anymore would be to spoil the movie for those that haven’t seen and suffice to say you should certainly see it.
axelkochAug 17, 2012
Simply nothing to critize here. Actors are great, music is fantastic (Hans Zimmer is score God!), cinematography is mind-blowing and probably the best of all time and the story is a great new story, like we haven't seen it anytime before.Simply nothing to critize here. Actors are great, music is fantastic (Hans Zimmer is score God!), cinematography is mind-blowing and probably the best of all time and the story is a great new story, like we haven't seen it anytime before. Those who say they didn't get the movie probably watched it too unperceptive. Everything's great with this movie! Expand
SEROJMar 15, 2015
Without using any spoilers... let me warn you. This movie WILL make you wanna watch it again! I can guarantee you that! I HIGHLY recommend this amazing masterpiece to anyone who loves solving mysteries and watch fantasies! Thank you Christopher Nolan
MasterRileyJul 22, 2016
Inception is inception, in other words its damn confusing. While with most movies a confusing plot would piss me off, surprisingly with this one it doesn't. Maybe its because Inception is just so damn awesome. From the writing, to directingInception is inception, in other words its damn confusing. While with most movies a confusing plot would piss me off, surprisingly with this one it doesn't. Maybe its because Inception is just so damn awesome. From the writing, to directing (Nolan), to casting, to performances, to action, to pacing, to music the film succeeds time and time again. Definitely watch it if you haven't already. Expand
survivorfan989Jan 5, 2013
Great concept and performances from the all-star cast meant that Inception pretty much had everything going for it, if only it wasn't so confusing :/ It takes a lot of concentration to work out what's going on but if you can wrap your headGreat concept and performances from the all-star cast meant that Inception pretty much had everything going for it, if only it wasn't so confusing :/ It takes a lot of concentration to work out what's going on but if you can wrap your head around all of that then you may enjoy this more than I did. Having said that, it's still a great film, and visually it is obviously quite remarkable. Overall perhaps a little too confusing for my liking but still one that you have to say you've seen! Expand
RayzorMooseNov 17, 2013
Inception is exceptional.
Inception is exceptional.
The movie is incredible with great special effects and an impressive script. Nolan once again puts on one of his famous ending twists making the film extremely entertaining in and out. The acting is good and the idea is genius.
aadityamudharApr 6, 2016
Those rare critics who feel charitable to Michael Bay's Transformers movies like to claim that ilk of summer entertainment allows audiences to "turn off" their brains and submit to a big, stupid, thrill-a-minute roller-coaster ride.Those rare critics who feel charitable to Michael Bay's Transformers movies like to claim that ilk of summer entertainment allows audiences to "turn off" their brains and submit to a big, stupid, thrill-a-minute roller-coaster ride.

Judging by the ridiculous success of Transformers 1 and 2, that notion has evidently taken hold, even as it sets its rock 'em-sock 'em robots to maul accepted standards of good storytelling.

But here in 2010, a Transformers off-year, writer-director Christopher Nolan's big-budget summer movie Inception is a cogent renunciation of big stupid cinema.

Utilizing a plot device that simultaneously invokes Wes (Nightmare on Elm Street) Craven and Andrei (Solaris) Tarkovsky, Nolan says we can have our grand spectacle and chew it over, too.

Inception posits a few interesting ideas along the way. Indeed, ideas are the stock in trade for the film's haunted hero Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio). Having learned how to install himself and his cohorts into the dreams of others, Cobb sells his services as a thief of ideas, able to access the most valuable information via the unconscious slumber of his targets.

The gig can make Dom money, but it can't reunite him with his children in the U.S. (He lives in exile due to legal troubles that are, sorry, not revealed until the third act.) So Dom is susceptible when the powerful Japanese businessman Saito (Ken Watanabe) offers him a payoff that will allow him to return to his kids.

But the assignment is a radical one, even for a man of Dom's talents. Instead of stealing an idea from his mark, Dom must implant an idea that it would be a smart move for the scion (Cillian Murphy) of a recently deceased industrialist to break up and sell off components of the family-owned corporation.

Dom takes the job at a considerable risk. He must hire on a new unproven "architect" (Ellen Page) to design the necessary dreamscapes, alongside his regulars: Point man Arthur (a cool, understated Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is the can-do agent and Eames (Tom Hardy) is a "forger" capable of disguising himself as friends and /or loved ones of the designated victim.

Compounding the challenge is Mal (Marion Cotillard), a femme fatale "dream girl" who shows up uninvited in the dream scenarios via Dom's own subconscious to throw a wrench into his elaborate plans.

Nolan's film delivers massive visual effects, including one amazing sequence set in dream-reality where the world is turned on its side and Arthur is obliged to stay on task, even if that means running on walls and ceilings or grappling with bad guys in virtual freefall.

But that sequence is hardly gratuitous. Nolan stages action on four separate levels of consciousness where each deeper level is more unstable than the last. Let's just say that's a little more challenging than trying to pick out which Transformer is good and which is bad.

But it's not all fun and surreal spectacle. DiCaprio and Cotillard provide a layer of emotional gravity at the film's core as Dom must contend with Mal, the demoness within.

In short, Nolan does here for the heist film what he did for the comic book movie in his 2008 hit The Dark Knight. He layers a fantasy premise with provocative ideas and serious intent.

Enjoy the ride. But keep the brain turned on.
vikesh2206Nov 9, 2014
Christopher Nolan directs what must be his magnum opus with the complex Inception, a beautifully realized, tightly plotted surreal experience bolstered by a magnetic score by Hans Zimmer, great acting by the cast and thrilling set pieces.
KivaJun 10, 2013
This movie is... awesome. If someone didn't like this film he must be probably too stupid to understand this. Great film,Effects and blabla casting. An expected Nolan's masterpiece
sanyrubMar 18, 2013
Fascinating! I did not know what to expect the first time I saw it. I was blown away. The first minutes seem so complicated that it´s a miracle you keep discovering and discovering things. The visuals, the cast and the idea are amazing.Fascinating! I did not know what to expect the first time I saw it. I was blown away. The first minutes seem so complicated that it´s a miracle you keep discovering and discovering things. The visuals, the cast and the idea are amazing. Minutes fly and without noticing it you are so invested. And not only because of the action and the amazing pace, the movie has soul and in the final minutes it really takes your heart too. Marion Cotillard: damn she´s only in a few minutes and her performance and character are so important. It´s breathtaking, innovative and entertaining. It also makes you think and stays on your mind for days. One can´t ask for more. One more thing that is essential: the score. It´s so breathtaking it stays on your mind. One of my favorite scores of all times. The film is almost perfect. Only few people giving it low ratings are the ones so accustomed to mediocre action films that they went to see this thinking it was about brainless action and their brains could not handle it. Incredible film. One of those you can see again and again. Expand
ERG1008Dec 17, 2010
Man gets secrets & ideas by entering people's dreams, on the run, given chance to be free if he does one last job, agrees, not everything so straight forward.

Brilliant film in pretty much every aspect with a superb cast (Tom Hardy & Joseph Gordon-Levitt were the standouts for me), great script, fantastic action sequences & some great music to back it up.

It has a real potential for getting messy & confusing but never thought it got too muddled despite all the dream shenanigans going on.
FreedomFightersNov 26, 2016
I don't need one of my typical intros here, let's just cut to the chase, "Inception" is brilliant. It's interesting, it's beautifully-filmed, well-acted, complex, and it shows that Christopher Nolan is not afraid to be risky by taking aI don't need one of my typical intros here, let's just cut to the chase, "Inception" is brilliant. It's interesting, it's beautifully-filmed, well-acted, complex, and it shows that Christopher Nolan is not afraid to be risky by taking a nonlinear approach to storytelling. It's certainly not for everybody, and there are bound to be a number of people that completely hate it, but all in all, "Inception" is a fantastic film that you should definitely see at least once. Expand
BradySmithMay 13, 2013
Perhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings toPerhaps my favorite movie, inception is by far the most intellectually stimulating blockbuster ever created, even surpassing the Matrix. The first time I watched this movie I liked it, but did not love it. It takes a few repeat viewings to truly pick up on just how surreal of an atmosphere Nolan has devised through innovative plot structure, Hanz Zimmer's incredible score, and impressive cinematography, even if you understood the story. I would give his cinematographer's name, but even though I know it, I know I'd spell it wrong. I've heard the movie Paprika had a great influence on Inception so I don't quite know exactly how original it actually is, but rest assured, it's definitely unique among mega budgeted action films. With it's arthouse sensibilities, huge scale, impressive visual effects, ambiguous ending, and enough (possibly) pseudo intellectuality to give Freud a headache, Inception marks a new era in blockbuster filmmaking, and will permanently cling to the deep recesses of your mind. Expand
jimmytancrediMay 29, 2011
A pretty good idea. The movie seems to present a parallel universe which tends the reality. The special effects and the characterâ
MovieManiac83Apr 23, 2015
Undoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines byUndoubtedly, some reviews are going to describe Inception as confusing. Such a description confounds me, and may be more indicative of how accepting people have become of screenplays that allow for no ambiguity and traverse plotlines by blazing trails that even a blind man could follow. For those who pay attention, Inception is not confusing. It is smart, taut, and does not reward indolence. If you zone out or make a trip to the snack bar, it will lose you. All it asks of viewers is that they do something rare: engage the intellect. Details may elude even the most attentive viewer, but the big picture will remain in focus. Despite layering dream upon dream and blurring the lines between reality and fantasy, writer/director Christopher Nolan has meticulously established Inception in such a way that getting lost is not an option. Is it a mind **** Maybe, but not one that leads to endless frustration. Nolan has a story to tell and he tells it. His main goal - at least until the end - is not screwing with the viewer's perception. He provides enough clarity that we know where we are and what we're watching and that we don't founder.

In fact, one could make an argument that the straightforward nature of Nolan's approach to such potentially mind-bending material is one of Inception's weaknesses. By pulling his punches, so to speak, and keeping things mostly linear, Nolan disallows the possibility of the screenplay turning into a Mobius Strip. Influences include, most obviously, Dark City and The Matrix. There's also a sense of kinship with Martin Scorsese's recent Shutter Island, not only because that film also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, but because both productions toy with narrator perspective and the intersection of illusion with reality. However, the strongest synergy I can think of is with the TV series Caprica (the prequel to Ronald Moore's Battlestar Galactica remake), which uses a similar approach to the one employed in Inception to explore virtual realities.

Inception is a less challenging project than Memento, which brought Nolan to the world's attention. It isn't as convoluted and the payoff, despite toying with our expectations, lacks the boldness of the earlier production. Still, this is a very good film that involves the intellect while at the same time not ignoring the visceral. There are numerous straightforward action scenes, including Matrix-like gravity-free hand-to-hand combat and a car chase, that inject some adrenaline into the proceedings. In fact, the entire second half of the film amounts to one massive, carefully choreographed sequence of escalating suspense as dangerous circumstances unfold across three levels of dreamscapes. Hans Zimmer's pounding score and Nolan's careful cross-cutting tie everything together perfectly.

As intellectually involving as this material is, Nolan wisely does not ignore the need for the viewer to have a strong emotional attachment to the main character. Cobb's backstory unfolds gradually, with the screenplay dropping pieces, like crumbs, in front of the viewer at regular intervals. We learn the truth about his relationship with his wife and children during the course of the narrative and, as one might suspect given Nolan's apparent anti-happiness bias (his movies aren't exactly carefree and joyous), there are tragic elements. Cobb is the only character who experiences significant development - the other members of his team are secondary. They get plenty of screen time but we know little about them beyond their functions within the scheme.

The special effects in Inception serve the story, rather than the other way around - which is a rare occurrence these days, when the emphasis seems to be on providing viewers with visual amusement park rides. In this case, we are presented with cities where streets defy gravity by arching overhead and massive cliffs that collapse into the sea. There is a point to everything, most often to illustrate how dreams distort the commonplace into something that defies the natural laws.

Is Inception cerebral? Yes. Is it too cerebral for mass audiences? I would argue that's not the case. In a sense, one gets out of Inception what one is willing to put in. Those looking for an action/adventure film can identify that, although 148 minutes is a little long for something so simplistic. Those willing to think and puzzle a little more will find that the twists and turns of the narrative aren't as labyrinthine as they initially appear. Inception is more accessible than obtuse. It proves, among other things, that Nolan has been unwilling to bask in the success of The Dark Knight. Looking for new and exciting challenges, he has found one here.
DuckNationMay 25, 2014
Inception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notchInception is amazing simple as that it's amazing how Christopher Nolan can have so many Masterpieces pretty much everything the guy does it brilliant. Everything about the movie was great it has an all star cast, amazing visuals and top notch story telling that was easy to understand even back when I first watched the film. I will say that I have seen better of Leonardo DiCaprio even though he still did a great job in this movie. I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt so this is just another reason to love him. Also this is the movie that made me start to like Ellen Page she always seemed annoying to me but not after this. Oh yeah and it's another great score from Hans Zimmer.

Overall i give it a 10
ryancarroll88Aug 26, 2010
Christopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience thatChristopher Nolan's labyrinth of a movie is likely the most complex action movie ever conceived, shifting between as many as four parallel settings at once and constantly bending any notion of reality, while still convincing the audience that everything going on makes sense. Trying to explain the movie would probably end in a horrible mess, but with the aid of superb writing and masterful editing, Nolan turns his psychotic idea into a smooth, polished vision that is enjoyable on every level it aims for. Expand
SwatiDec 13, 2013
The subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers toThe subject matter deals with dreams; lucid dreams_ the ones in which we are aware that we're dreaming; dream-like states_ which we can't distinguish from reality; and last but not the least, dreams within dreams. It challenges its viewers to keep an open mind and demands absolute concentration and sheer force of will to follow the plot. Nolan does his best to ease the most difficult parts down our throats through putting the questions we may ask in the mouths of his characters.

Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a fugitive after being suspected in his wife's death. Far from home, he yearns to see his children again. He resorts to use his considerable knowledge about dream states in stealing for various organisations to earn his living. When an opportunity presents itself to clear his name and pave the way for his return home, he jumps at it. But his feelings of guilt about the death of his wife render him unable to let go of her and thus makes him want to keep her alive in his dreams, which messes with his job when she repeatedly interferes.

The movie initially plays with the notion of stealing an idea from someone's brain while they sleep. Then it proposes something even more ludicrous_ planting an idea so that it will take shape and make that person embrace it as their own. This is termed as inception.

Fischer (Cillian Murphy) is heir to a corporation that his rival, Saito (Ken Watanabe), seeks to split. For that purpose the latter hires the expertise of Cobb, who assembles a team that consists of Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), his second-in-command; Eames (Tom Hardy), who impersonates people inside the dreams; and Ariadne (Ellen Page), who designs the dreams.

No movie experience can prepare you for what comes next and you have to rely totally on Nolan's ability to guide us through the maze. But you have to suspend disbelief and accept the movie's logic at face value that his vision is likely to happen in some world that exists somewhere, for there's no fun to be had through questioning things. The characters discuss things that we're likely to experience while we're dreaming, like the way we perceive our environment and time itself. He then uses these to construct an elaborate plot in dreams, in other dreams and dreams. It's not hard to follow. You just have to pay attention to every line uttered.

There's plenty happening to keep us occupied. Shooting, car chases, skiing, rappelling, explosions and so on. No couple of minutes of expository dialogue follows without mind-blowing jolts into electrified action played to booming music. The best sequence has to be a character's solitary stand against a small force inside a revolving and later gravity-less corridor.

The cinematography was masterful. The action was captured splendidly. The visual effects were spectacular_ the best among them a city folding on itself, another one falling to pieces, among others. Hans Zimmer should be credited with composing a spellbinding composition.

The main theme that Nolan tries to discuss is perhaps the relations between parents and children. The main plot follows Fischer's relationship with his dying father, who he has never got along with. Cobb seeks to exploit this to complete the mission assigned to him. Cobb's own longing for his children is contrasted with this.

The editing managed to keep the suspense high throughout the run. When dialogue seemed to lower our guard, it wasn't long before something jumped out at us. Some movies when getting down to the more serious part of the story seem to forget about the pacing altogether, which becomes their undoing. Moments of talking were interlaced with action flawlessly.

While it is clear that Nolan uses the opportunity to arouse as much complex discussions about dream states as James Cameron did with his own and others' ideas in his earliest movies, he still condescends to include as much exposition as possible. Dream states seem to provide a superb platform for gravity defying stunts and the opportunity was not lost on him. He crammed as much action as he could without overriding the most basic of messages. The movie is the most thought-provoking during the first half when we're being educated about the physics and rules of the dream world.

As Star Wars had proven previously, a film may not have to be scientifically correct to be received well both commercially and critically. I don't know if Inception does not depict proper science. People have not let this stop them from watching movies that thrill them before. They aren't going to start now. But for what its worth, Inception has better grasp on science than the former. But it doesn't succeed because of that. It succeeds because it succeeds in entertaining the hell out of us, or me at least.

Some films and literature force us to think out of the box, about things that are not necessarily rooted in reality, and it is only during these times when feelings of awe are most evoked. Inception was successful in doing that.
Forrestgump1Oct 9, 2010
"Inception is one of the most provocative films i have ever seen , DiCaprio gives a stunning performance , But at times this movie can be to complex to handle , and Drags at times & be confusing , but beside that this movie is a masterpiece" ... B+
cabritaJul 16, 2012
What an astonishing movie! It is my personal favourite film of all time and it can also make a case to be the best film of all time alongside Citizen Kane. However Inception will not have the same impact Kane did so it's hard to judge.
LoRevisorJan 29, 2015
Christopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. EChristopher Nolan sempre surpreende,tanto no brilhante roteiro,na muito criativa história,na direção e na produção Christopher Nolan não é apenas um dos melhores cineastas do século 21,mas também roteirista e produtor com brilhantes idéias. E ainda o filme conta com uma classe A de atores. Como protagonista Leonardo DiCaprio excelente,como coadjuvante Ellen Page,Tom Hardy,Joseph Gordon-Levitt,Ken Watanabe,Cillian Murphy,Tom Berenger e Marion Cotillard. Christopher Nolan obrigado por existir e trazer obra-primas do cinema do século 21. Expand
moonman1994Mar 10, 2013
An extremely entertaining and exciting movie. It as a creative plot that makes you think at least a little while you watch the movie. The entire cast does a good job in this film and the special effects are spectacular. It mixes action and aAn extremely entertaining and exciting movie. It as a creative plot that makes you think at least a little while you watch the movie. The entire cast does a good job in this film and the special effects are spectacular. It mixes action and a sci-fi like plot. Overall I would recommend this movie to anyone that wants to view a fantastic action filled film. It keeps you entertained the entire time and is in no way disappointing! It's definitely worth a view! Expand
smijatovJan 23, 2011
"Inception" is, technically speaking, a masterpiece. Surprisingly enough, the story and the screenplay in general are even more stunning than the visuals are! One is never quite certain what is going on - is it all a dream, or is it reality -"Inception" is, technically speaking, a masterpiece. Surprisingly enough, the story and the screenplay in general are even more stunning than the visuals are! One is never quite certain what is going on - is it all a dream, or is it reality - which is the theme that goes across the whole film.
With an amazingly original screenplay by director Christopher Nolan, it is hard for "Inception" to leave you without thinking. It is actually a rather engaging film, and I cannot imagine many people walking out from the film thinking that it did not offer food for thought, if nothing else.
The visual effects are stunning, and in the same class as were the ones from "The Matrix" back in the day. Surely, it is not as breathtaking as "Avatar" was, but that was not it's intention in the first place. It is just visually a great film.
The cast was also rather superb, especially DiCardo, Gordon-Levitt and Cottilard. Not really amazing performances, but definitely good and not over the top, which would have brought the quality of the film down.
Christopher Nolan's direction and imagination are at it's peak - he has definitely surpassed "The Dark Knight" by far, with this film. Definitely a new masterpiece of cinema, that will leave no one apathetic.
Khunter4382May 31, 2011
Superb! One of the finest films ever made! Regardless of all the theories on story originality, this film is a masterpiece nonetheless. DiCaprio gives an excellent performance supported by an awesome cast! This picture is beautifully filmedSuperb! One of the finest films ever made! Regardless of all the theories on story originality, this film is a masterpiece nonetheless. DiCaprio gives an excellent performance supported by an awesome cast! This picture is beautifully filmed and scored, and it accomplished what so many films fail to do these days......it brought people to the theatres! Expand
Jack97May 5, 2016
Inception is complex and requires a lot of brain power and attention to keep up with, and I love it. Just listening to the characters talk about how dreams work had me interested. Then you get to see the dream sequences and they'reInception is complex and requires a lot of brain power and attention to keep up with, and I love it. Just listening to the characters talk about how dreams work had me interested. Then you get to see the dream sequences and they're incredible. The premise of this film is just genius and it's really well plotted and structured, as well as being thrilling and occasionally exciting. It's definitely one of the smartest blockbusters of the decade so far. Expand
NedRyerson1Feb 22, 2012
Inception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really andInception is a movie from a genre that has appeared in this century and since that date is becoming more strong a popular. I am talking about films that mess with our minds, that make you think and make you doubt between what it is really and what is not. These movies are like a subconscious tornado or a complete paradox. Some of those pictures are Inception, Memento, Black Swan, Alice in Wonderland and Rabbit Hole.
Inception treats a dark and interesting topic, the dreams and the power of the subconscious; and because of that the plot is so tangled, complex and even timeless. The barrier between reality and fiction is broken; so who can tell which thing is which? Or what is the difference between those? Even if you discover the true reality, can you be sure? There is only one or there are more realities? No one can tell for sure. This film also has some enjoyable concepts: Carpe Diem, the Leap of Faith, the bad remember dream and the unconditional love. The quotes that represent these concepts the most are: -An old man fill with regret waiting to die alone- and -You are waiting for a train...
Besides the amazing topic, the screenplay, direction and performances are very good. But the most outstanding thing of Inception is the visual effects: the explosions in the cafe, the bend of the city, the free fall of the van, the fight in the hotel and all the things that happen in the limbo. What better way than a cliffhanger ending.
dev92Aug 25, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed myself on this rollercoaster of a blockbuster which has to be one of the films of this decade. It has everything you could possibly want and to be honest, it was not very difficult to follow. The only thing stopping meI thoroughly enjoyed myself on this rollercoaster of a blockbuster which has to be one of the films of this decade. It has everything you could possibly want and to be honest, it was not very difficult to follow. The only thing stopping me from giving a ten is just that the idea is a tiny bit far-fetched. Upon first viewing I would have given it a ten but now I think a nine will suffice. The Dark Knight is still, in my opinion, Nolan's masterpiece. Expand
JonnyFendiJan 7, 2011
An Idea. A single idea from the human mind can do anything. That is what Christopher Nolan (Director) wants to resuscitate us. I am amazed by Nolan who could always tell such a complicated story so smooth. He has already proved his capabilityAn Idea. A single idea from the human mind can do anything. That is what Christopher Nolan (Director) wants to resuscitate us. I am amazed by Nolan who could always tell such a complicated story so smooth. He has already proved his capability on his previous works, such as: BATMAN BEGINS (2005), THE DARK KNIGHT (2008), and sophisticated magician tale in THE PRESTIGE(2006). But I prefer to compare thiz one with his earlier masterpiece MEMENTO (2000). What he was good at, not just a great story-teller (I think he is the best in our generation) but he always made a brilliant twist and turn in every ending of his stories. INCEPTION contains multi layer story-telling which tremendously executed well, precise what we saw on MEMENTO. INCEPTION is simply a bigger scale of MEMENTO. The story tells how Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his team could invade to people minds through their dream, and Cobb job is to steal it, or plant a new one. The supporting Casts were amazing, fills with the heavy-caliber Actors such as: Michael Caine, Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Ken Watanabe and others. In my notes, Dicaprio was not better than his performance on SHUTTER ISLAND (2010, early thiz year), but definitely also not a bad one either. Once again, he is success with his script selections and delivers some constant performances. Ellen Page and Cillian Murphy, both of them had just showed their extraordinary performances on **** (2010). I have to say Murphy brings one of the best performances for overall. But the best appearance is belongs to Marion Cottilard as Cobb vulnerable wife. The side-story about the dark past of Cobb and his wife draws my attention. The chemistry and that background story were one of the interesting parts from thiz movie. I could easily say, The Folding City and Revolving Room scenes will be one of the memorable moments in cinematic history. Thiz time, Nolan takes us to his dream, where an idea becomes seed of possibility. A great opening, a nice built concept for the main plot and deceitful twist of ending, it is all we needed for new level of ingenious movie. Simply, experience your life through Dream.

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
TonyOct 12, 2010
A film with dazzling technique, the real stars here are Christopher Nolan and his editor, Lee Smith. DiCaprio gives a fantastic, layered performance with a solid supporting cast around him. Hopefully the film and Nolan will be remembered comeA film with dazzling technique, the real stars here are Christopher Nolan and his editor, Lee Smith. DiCaprio gives a fantastic, layered performance with a solid supporting cast around him. Hopefully the film and Nolan will be remembered come Oscar time. Expand
txrangersfan72Sep 19, 2010
There are no words. Perfection. Visually and narratively stunning and heartbreaking, while also ground-breaking and heartwarming. Fascinating on every level.
MarickApr 9, 2015
Inception is a film very interesting and a Sci Fi as you do not see to many movies. Di Caprio plays his role very well, and manages to make a very good movie.
WheelzFourReelzMar 19, 2015
Inception is a fantastic combination of exciting action, great intrigue, fantastic suspense, a fascinating plot, and its magnificent premise about dreams. It's excellent from start to finish.
J-ShapAug 25, 2011
What is given is a multi-layered cake of suspense elements, and this is what Nolan is truly gifted in. Many complained that the third act of The Dark Knight had far too many moving parts, and became exhausting. What Nolan knows how to do isWhat is given is a multi-layered cake of suspense elements, and this is what Nolan is truly gifted in. Many complained that the third act of The Dark Knight had far too many moving parts, and became exhausting. What Nolan knows how to do is pile on amounts of suspense that build on each other naturally, as opposed to employing cheap gimmicks. In many ways, it's a lot like the climax of Back to the Future: Many different variables that can go wrong, all of which affect each other, thus re-organizing the plan every few minutes. If you're not worried about Marion Cotillard showing up and ruining everything, you're worried about the amount of time (three of which to keep track of), multiple threats of life, and inner-turmoil of a lead character is interesting enough to follow throughout. With a narrative this confusing, coupled with existential ideas to think about (but not too many that it becomes pretentious), Inception requires multiple viewings, and unlike some of Nolan's other movies, which got less interesting with each viewing, Inception becomes more interesting, more entertaining, and more rewarding. And, after an entire decade of stupid Shyamalan-inspired plot twists, Inception redefines it: Inception's plot twist is that it may or may not have even had a plot twist! You've officially been mind-f**ked. Expand
EssenceOfSugarNov 3, 2012
There are often summer films that succeed visually, but are not as spectacular without the addition of intellectual thought. It takes a while to navigate through all the confusion, but it is fascinating to see how everything works. TheThere are often summer films that succeed visually, but are not as spectacular without the addition of intellectual thought. It takes a while to navigate through all the confusion, but it is fascinating to see how everything works. The characters couldn't have been played better. Christopher Nolan doesn't treat his viewers as if they're stupid, but neither does he pretend he's so clever that he immediately confuses everyone. This is a rare summer film that thrills as well as fascinates, providing not just visual treats, but also intellectual ones. Expand
MarkMusicMar 20, 2013
Hell, this isn't the best film ever but it's definintely one of the best of 2012. Complex and creative. This should be the number one film over Avatar. At least this was written with since and actual creativity and originality. I would sayHell, this isn't the best film ever but it's definintely one of the best of 2012. Complex and creative. This should be the number one film over Avatar. At least this was written with since and actual creativity and originality. I would say this is one of the top 10 films in 2010. The CGI like for instense ("The city folding over ontop of itself") was pretty good and creative. I say watch it for something different. Expand
rotkuSep 18, 2011
Clever and entertaining mix of sci fi and thriller with plenty for fans of both genres. If anything the side plot of the main character, while giving him some depth, distracts from the main focus of the movie. Well worth watching and and niceClever and entertaining mix of sci fi and thriller with plenty for fans of both genres. If anything the side plot of the main character, while giving him some depth, distracts from the main focus of the movie. Well worth watching and and nice to see an original concept although the fight scenes are not up to the standard of the Matrix. Expand
seancriswellAug 25, 2012
This movie never felt hard to follow to me until the last 5 minutes. Whether Nolan was being deliberately ambiguous or there is a definite conclusion to be drawn I don't know if we will ever know for sure. This movie does draw one definiteThis movie never felt hard to follow to me until the last 5 minutes. Whether Nolan was being deliberately ambiguous or there is a definite conclusion to be drawn I don't know if we will ever know for sure. This movie does draw one definite conclusion for me though, Nolan knows how to make very good films with compelling characters and story lines. There is not one character in this film that feels unnecessary or poorly written. If I have a quarrel with the movie it is that the action on the dream layers feels unnecessary. The characters and plot progress nicely on their own and the gun fights do little to advance this well weaved tale. A well above average movie that will be enjoyed in multiple viewings. Expand
heeldavidJul 21, 2014
Inception's ending might confuse people but the movie is a well paced sci-fi film from Christopher Nolan, the way that the movie moves and continues is just great, DiCaprio gives one of his best perfromances
Spielberg00Aug 23, 2011
INCEPTION rarely fails to please. The only time it seriously does (and as a full-fledged displeasure) is in the last 15 or 20 minutes when it gets very, very boring and the action is no longer needed for the story line (well, maybe the lastINCEPTION rarely fails to please. The only time it seriously does (and as a full-fledged displeasure) is in the last 15 or 20 minutes when it gets very, very boring and the action is no longer needed for the story line (well, maybe the last scene is necessary). Expand
Potter17Dec 10, 2011
It is not Nolan's masterpiece (this title belongs to "The Dark Knight"), but "Inception" amazed me with its powerful cast, inventive story and spellbinding visual effects.
davenbettridgeNov 15, 2011
This movie could have been so easy to screw up, the last act of the film had so many intense stories running at the same time but was flawlessly pulled off and shows how talented it's film makers are. The music, editing and acting are great.This movie could have been so easy to screw up, the last act of the film had so many intense stories running at the same time but was flawlessly pulled off and shows how talented it's film makers are. The music, editing and acting are great. Its story has some depth and originality and many of Inceptions scenes and sets are very unique and memorable. Inception is one of 2010s best movies and will be remembered for a long time. Highly Recommended. Expand
ExKingDec 6, 2013
Inception have the best original idea i have ever seen and Nolan execute it to the level of perfection, it's a masterpiece in all it's elements.
the visuals are the best thing i have ever seen.
the performances are spectacular and the plot
the visuals are the best thing i have ever seen.
the performances are spectacular and the plot is imaginary.
i never gave a movie 10 out of 10 before but inception easily deserve it.
lovemusicMay 20, 2011
its difficult to understand this movie the first time you watch it. it blew me away. it was great to see an original movie for once. it was confusing. and you kept saying wow and what the **** the whole timne when you watch this movie.its difficult to understand this movie the first time you watch it. it blew me away. it was great to see an original movie for once. it was confusing. and you kept saying wow and what the **** the whole timne when you watch this movie. overall i liked it Expand
PaxsterAug 20, 2010
After all the hype I found the film mildly dissapointing. I don't feel enough was done with the clever concept and the amount of gun fire was over the top. Despite this De Caprio does very well as does his side kick. However, this is not onAfter all the hype I found the film mildly dissapointing. I don't feel enough was done with the clever concept and the amount of gun fire was over the top. Despite this De Caprio does very well as does his side kick. However, this is not on the level of 'The Dark Knight'. Expand
MonsieurEamesJul 14, 2012
I loved this movie. Although some people say that it is confusing, I didn't think so and if you think that it is confusing, just watch it again and it will make more sense. I love the cast, the premise and the way everything is shot by geniusI loved this movie. Although some people say that it is confusing, I didn't think so and if you think that it is confusing, just watch it again and it will make more sense. I love the cast, the premise and the way everything is shot by genius director Christopher Nolan. Definitely see this one! Expand
JohnKristoferDec 22, 2014
Christopher Nolan once Again entertain us with his movie Inception.The film's Premise is amazing full of twist and turns and unpredictable.It is also visually amazing!
dijavantewowOct 13, 2010
A very good movie that makes you think about dreams in a new way. I have talked to friends about dreams and the idea of controlling them, AND the idea of inception itself, and that's the kind of stuff that helps you know it's a good movie.
MoviebuffreviewJan 21, 2011
Inception has most of the usual suspects of a summer movie: awesome action, cool characters, and shooting. However, Inception is much much more than a blockbuster. The film is brainy, complex, and emotional. The script is one of the best IInception has most of the usual suspects of a summer movie: awesome action, cool characters, and shooting. However, Inception is much much more than a blockbuster. The film is brainy, complex, and emotional. The script is one of the best I have seen, with top notch ending that will leave your jaw on the floor, Inception is film perfection. Do not miss this movie, absolutely go out and see it! Expand
devo-ncJan 24, 2014
One of the most sensational summer movie experiences, aside from the highly empowering performances, all-around caliber production in cinematography / filmmaking, and it's revolutionary heart-pounding soundtrack, Christopher Nolan'sOne of the most sensational summer movie experiences, aside from the highly empowering performances, all-around caliber production in cinematography / filmmaking, and it's revolutionary heart-pounding soundtrack, Christopher Nolan's conceptual execution of dreams within dreams is a compilation of pure cinematic ingenuousness, imagination, originality and complete visceral wonder and entertainment. One of the best complex movies of this generation. Expand
FDT44Jul 6, 2011
How far can one man push the limits of filmmaking? What Christopher Nolan creates here is brillantly original and staggering; a masterpiece composed of complex ideas, logical arrangements, mind-blowing effects, 'Memento'-like sequences,How far can one man push the limits of filmmaking? What Christopher Nolan creates here is brillantly original and staggering; a masterpiece composed of complex ideas, logical arrangements, mind-blowing effects, 'Memento'-like sequences, stellar control, and a premise that can only be dreamt of. "Inception" is one of those seldom cinematic pieces that keeps you scratching your head and feeding on your brain throughout, after, and even after-after that. The only complaint, hence a 7 instead of a 10, is not of anything of this film, but those of Hollywood who are so dumbed-down that this blockbuster hit, comparably, has the viewer feeling like a character out of "Idiocracy; at times a bit TOO much to absorb. If grading substance alone over enjoyment, the film is in a class of itself. As metaphysical as it plays, however, the casual moviegoer will be lost within minutes of "Inception." The film demands your full attention, not even a look down to your popcorn can be had in this one. Get ready to think, and think, and think: am I even thinking right now? That's what you can expect---but honestly, shouldn't a film convey such cephal-activity? Expand
Film_Fanatic_15Nov 22, 2010
Christopher Nolan has definitely developed one of the most intriguing and original ideas in Hollywood ever. The only issue here is that Nolan holds on to that simple idea too much, of stealing people's secrets by going into their dreams. TheChristopher Nolan has definitely developed one of the most intriguing and original ideas in Hollywood ever. The only issue here is that Nolan holds on to that simple idea too much, of stealing people's secrets by going into their dreams. The idea is then transformed into amazing and spectacular special effects, but also having too much going on and not introducing them at the appropriate times. As well as an inconsistent flow of what scenes are slowed down, when they should be accelerating into a thrilling moment. And the direct opposite. By the end of the film, it seems that Nolan's intent is unclear and should be shown again to become clearer. Despite the flaws, the main reason that this film is good is due to Nolan's original idea and the cast line-up. Every cast member is notable and all delivering a decent performance. But it seems to much for a film and too much of a great idea, that it seems great when seeing several shots in a trailer, but doesn't execute well in a theater. Expand
HazzaGallaDec 26, 2016
A true game changer in the history of cinema, 'Inception' is absolutely brilliant. The combination of the amazing originality of the story and screenplay, characters, soundtrack, special effects and camerawork blend into an extraordinaryA true game changer in the history of cinema, 'Inception' is absolutely brilliant. The combination of the amazing originality of the story and screenplay, characters, soundtrack, special effects and camerawork blend into an extraordinary film. A rare film that gets better and better upon more viewings, one discovering more and more. It's films like 'Inception' that need to be worshipped and help encourage more originality in the movie industry. Expand
ViolettSep 2, 2014
Awesome plot! Just a wonderful idea. There are very few movies that bring something new nowadays - this is one of them. I have never seen anything similar. Great play from Di Caprio.
sinadoomSep 28, 2011
It's such an original film. It isn't confusing or hard to understand if you actually watch it, pay attention and listen. It's all about dreams within dreams and the film is a bit like a game. You're introduced to the concepts used within itIt's such an original film. It isn't confusing or hard to understand if you actually watch it, pay attention and listen. It's all about dreams within dreams and the film is a bit like a game. You're introduced to the concepts used within it and then the film starts. Must watch. Expand
VinceRocks123Apr 6, 2015
Easily dominating best movie lists of 2010, and welly deserved as the best film I have seen so far this decade. Christopher Nolan has lived up to his reputation as a daring director by making one of the ambitious cinematic wonders like theEasily dominating best movie lists of 2010, and welly deserved as the best film I have seen so far this decade. Christopher Nolan has lived up to his reputation as a daring director by making one of the ambitious cinematic wonders like the Wizard of Oz meeting the Matrix and turn it into the number one fantasy heist film that was believed to be impossible to film.

Amazingly photographed, visually edited, and lots of shocking never before seen special effects and an all star cast executing great performances, as well as careful directing, its a mind-blowing science venture of epic proportions that makes it a phenomenon of the ages.

a new technological monument that gives us a trip from reality into the suspenses of our dream world where your mind is the weapon for the perfect crime. its an easy A+ epic not to be missed
cag11Nov 21, 2013
This movie was amazing, and not just because of the character development or the great effects, but the way it was put together. It has some of the best ending scenes and a great plot.
SummersausageJan 14, 2013
An beautiful world of division and similarity that encapsulates the mind to no end. I did'nt like the ending because I thought it was a cop out but a cool psychological action movie that has been the best one in a long time.
Critic2012Apr 16, 2012
INCEPTION is a brilliant and entirely original film from the director of MEMENTO and THE DARK KNIGHT. It explores the fantastic world of dreams and what lies between in an elegant and complex crime caper that will capture your attention andINCEPTION is a brilliant and entirely original film from the director of MEMENTO and THE DARK KNIGHT. It explores the fantastic world of dreams and what lies between in an elegant and complex crime caper that will capture your attention and imagination several times over. Nominated for 8 Academy Awards. Expand
JuanoloApr 1, 2012
First off, this would be a 9.5 out of 10. Visuals are outstanding, and the action sequences are mind-blowing. They are outstanding to watch. Acting is good to. Leo does a good job. Score is outstanding. Some of the best music well directed byFirst off, this would be a 9.5 out of 10. Visuals are outstanding, and the action sequences are mind-blowing. They are outstanding to watch. Acting is good to. Leo does a good job. Score is outstanding. Some of the best music well directed by Hans Zimmerman. Story is also really good. Kind of a cliffhanger at the end. Christopher NOlan never disappoint, especially with this one. One of his best films. Overall, everything is well done. It's really mind bending as the film progress that its just so good. You should really see this movie. Expand
JawsLaxerDramaDec 20, 2012
Luckily, I see why people don't like this movie. It's often complex, is long, and can be boring. But... it's original with incredible dialogue. Sure, it's not perfect. I love oscar-winning pictures and I enjoy the best movies possible. ThisLuckily, I see why people don't like this movie. It's often complex, is long, and can be boring. But... it's original with incredible dialogue. Sure, it's not perfect. I love oscar-winning pictures and I enjoy the best movies possible. This isn't a classic, but it's still a pretty good movie with loads to enjoy. Expand
ScorpionMay 10, 2013
This is undoubtedly the best movie of Nolan, its complex plot and theme of the film are extremely catchy, the acting is good especially for DiCaprio, who in my opinion is his best film.
hanneguacamoleJun 9, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Whenever I think of Inception, I remember just random conversations and people saying this word. I, not having seen this movie, have no idea what they're talking about and continue on. How has someone not seen Inception? Good question to ask myself. I think this is easily a classic–perhaps not the best movie on the face of the earth, but certainly worth watching and a movie that can relate to many audiences.

The characters were all intriguing and their goals and ambitions throughout were fairly clear. Finding family, planting ideas and the like. I felt like Cobb's relationship with Mal was very ordinary, the way she was torn apart by his ideas and how he now has to be the responsible adult because she can't. Ariadne's role int he movie very much felt like an easy way out on how to explain first the way Inception works and second the struggles that Cobb goes through. Don't get me wrong, it's important to know what's going on, but she almost has no personality in the way of finding Mal in his mind. The only true character development we got was from Cobb and I really think that was a missed opportunity. Despite some of the lacking aspects of these characters, the story was deeply entertaining and went beyond just the first level of thinking. It had many layers and was quite impressive.

I think as a whole, the different pieces of the movie fit together very nicely with the levels of dreams and the time variations. I was able to get a real sense of anticipation during the kicks and always wanted their mission to turn out alright so they could truly plant this seed in Fischer's mind that he believes in himself. The only thing I didn't truly understand was how completing this mission would let him come back home. Was Saito the lawyer who had Mal's papers? Really that whole part was unclear to me but nonetheless we saw the desire for him to get back to his children.

I really think the most impressive part of this movie was the visual effects. With the gravity and the elaborate and abstract dream worlds, this must have been no easy task and they really pulled it off in a way that made it seem so real and so realistic, despite being in someone's mind. Totally breathtaking and absolutely understandable in its visual effects and cinematography Oscar wins.
JawsPapi87Aug 10, 2011
Yep. I fell for it. The whole idea really sucks me in. How can you not be interested in such an original and mind-bending idea? It's also supported by incredible visuals and some unsung strong acting by the cast, especially Ellen Page
CRLAug 8, 2011
Inception is easily one of my top five, and from a visual angle it's probably the best I've ever seen. The story starts out with a scene from the end, which adds hundreds of pounds of suspense to a final hour and a half already bursting withInception is easily one of my top five, and from a visual angle it's probably the best I've ever seen. The story starts out with a scene from the end, which adds hundreds of pounds of suspense to a final hour and a half already bursting with it. The story is never truly revealed, the web is unwound into an ever-changing plot that keeps you guessing to the very last scene. Also, the performances from DiCaprio, Page, and the rest of the corp of actors are amazingly good. And the suspense never ends; the ending leaves you with one last burning question. A masterpiece. Expand
OscarPicks2010Dec 20, 2010
With Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, making Inception is another big step towards the Oscars. Although Nolan did not get nominated in 2008 for The Dark Knight, directing Inception will definitely give him a boost in the category. A storyWith Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, making Inception is another big step towards the Oscars. Although Nolan did not get nominated in 2008 for The Dark Knight, directing Inception will definitely give him a boost in the category. A story taken in a place where we can go into people's dreams and control them completely. Just like Nolan's previous work, Memento, Inception's script is complex yet very entertaining and easy for the audience to understand. Intellectually, Inception is a very high-class film, but the film also demonstrates its dramatic side in which Leonardo DiCaprio comes in. The cast delivered with a sense that they knew exactly what was going on and Joseph Gordon-Levitt added the fun element to the film. Inception is mind-blowing, visceral, and smart, at the same time delivering the biggest Hollywood blockbuster of the year. OscarBuzz: Best Picture (like Avatar last year), Best Screenplay, Best Director (maybe), Best Support Actor - Levitt (good chance), Best Actor - DiCaprio (maybe), Technical awards (total domination)!!! Expand
RoscoMar 22, 2011
One word: Masterpiece!!! Christopher Nolan once again serves up another action blockbuster and if truth be told its possibly the best film of 2010. Nolan gets it spot on in almost every sense, visually its just mesmerizing, it is an awesomeOne word: Masterpiece!!! Christopher Nolan once again serves up another action blockbuster and if truth be told its possibly the best film of 2010. Nolan gets it spot on in almost every sense, visually its just mesmerizing, it is an awesome achievement to do what Nolan does in this film. The characters are engaging from the very beginning and immediately draws you into the world of Inception, leaving you pondering what is dream and what is reality. The idea itself is intriguing and in a film you would doubt it would work but this is sublime film-making. Di Caprio is as grand as ever in the lead role but the star of the show is Tom Hardy, who brings a more light-hearted and ironic approach aboard he seems destined for big things. And a mention for the beautiful Marion Cotillard who is terrific as Cobb's wife lost in limbo. This is without doubt one of the boldest and bravest films ever made and for that reason it's certainly one of the best films of all time! Expand
AaronWasserman1Mar 27, 2016
Christopher Nolan is easily one of hollywood's most skilled directors. The plot of this movie is very interesting as is its cast. Nolan lays the story through each parts of the film that gradually connect to a whole.
forestvilleMar 24, 2013
Obviously, to enjoy this epic, depend on the ability of the public to understand what is happening on the screen, as the narrative structure is based on levels where action takes place simultaneously with mismatches in the speed at which timeObviously, to enjoy this epic, depend on the ability of the public to understand what is happening on the screen, as the narrative structure is based on levels where action takes place simultaneously with mismatches in the speed at which time passes.

Christopher Nolan took ten years to make this film conduct comprising the ability of people to enter the world of dreams. No technological explanations such as "Star Trek" as works of such a feat, so there is a script built like a maze where the goal of Dom Cob (Leonardo DiCaprio) is more valuable than money, but the ways to achieve this are as complex as those dreams where the information is.
In the first hour set the game with the use of visual effects able to keep the mouth open, all depending on the plot demands it and not as mere filler.
People often compare it with Matrix, but they should do so, which as the minutes pass such thinking is diluted to discover that it is an authentic work that deviates from what we have seen before.
The performances are absolutely flawless, the story is more than epic and the visuals, without comment.
Maybe some were disappointed to see the same elements but always served in a maze of ingenious script that the rest will make them feel satisfied.
My Score: 100 Excellent.
Lopez17Aug 11, 2010
What is a dream? Is a dream fragmented memories from your life that appear in a disjointed sequences of events or is a dream things you have done over the course of day or things you have seen that are lumped together to create a strange andWhat is a dream? Is a dream fragmented memories from your life that appear in a disjointed sequences of events or is a dream things you have done over the course of day or things you have seen that are lumped together to create a strange and at sometimes puzzling world that springs forth from the inner most reassesses of the human mind. Some will tell you the answer to why we dream and others will say that we dream because it is how our minds are constructed to keep us active even when we sleep, (at least that is how I see it). The truth is that we as an advanced race will never truly know the reasons for dreams. The Human mind is the most complex and powerful thing we as humans posses and our ability to dream gives us something much more than just to keep our minds active it is a way for us to draw inspiration and to recover memories that we thought were long gone. Christopher Nolan(director of Memento, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight) gives us a glimpse at the power of the mind the wonders of dream and a story that is as complex as the dream world it weaves a crime that does not take place someplace a place where the mind is the scene of the crime. Over the course of 11 years, Christopher Nolan has become one of modern cinemas greatest directors delivering one amazing film after another after another after another, Nolan has achieved a certain level of success at such a young age that is only matched by one other legendary filmmaker Steven Spielberg. Nolan's films are as complex as the next he never strays from focusing on the events of the story or the characters as they shift through theses dark and at sometimes lurid sequences of events that befall them. That is his style and that is the reasons I love his movies there is so much to them not just what is on the surfaces but what is beneath the surfaces the deep rooted anxiety of theses characters. There dark painful pasts, the non linear story telling that is almost ever present in all of his films his latest endeavor, "Inception" is no exception. "inception" is a twist a minute, mind bending brain teaser it is the rare kind of summer blockbuster that thrills you while at the same time making you think about the boundless possibilities that the dream world that our minds create. The only other movie, actually I should say movies, I have ever seen that posses such powerful questions are "The Matrix"(1999) and "Vanilla Sky"(2001) although "Vanilla Sky" is far more like "Inception than "The Matrix" they both are up there as two of the most mind bending Science Fiction films I have ever seen. Both films using the ideas of reality to further along there sometimes-confusing plot and "Inception" has one hell of a perplexing plot. This kind of movie is a thinking persons movie someone who has the attention span to keep there focus pinned on Nolan's bleak and stark vision of a dark visually stunning dream world that is amazingly not to different from our own. I know there will be people walking into this movie expecting a run of the mill action thriller that is just covered up by a premise that takes place in the dream world, they will sadly walk out upset that they did not get the mindless action that they expected or even wanted. A more perceptive experienced moviegoer will know what to expect from this twisty Nolan film and if you know that, you can never predict how it will end or what will happen then you have all they need to watch this brilliant piece of filmmaking. "Inception" took me by surprise I expected this film to be something similar to "The Matrix" and yet I got something far more complex and daring a wholly original and jarring Sci-Fi Noir that boldly puts itself out there and challenges the horrendous summer blockbusters by doing what they failed to do. Deliver a solid and thrilling piece of entertainment that surpasses anything that mainstream Hollywood has put out in the recent months. Nolan not only blows away the competition he crushes it leaving nothing but rubble of the films that should have been winner but instead were failures. "Inception" is one of the best if not the best film of the summer and one of the films of the year. Expand
roddersj04Jan 1, 2011
Christopher Nolan made the first script for this back in 2001. Now, nearly ten years and two brilliant Gotham-set movies, it is released. The question is, is Inception any good? In short, YES! Inception is a serious contendor for film of theChristopher Nolan made the first script for this back in 2001. Now, nearly ten years and two brilliant Gotham-set movies, it is released. The question is, is Inception any good? In short, YES! Inception is a serious contendor for film of the year. It is the rare movie that makes you think, whilst entertaining you with brilliant visuals. All of the cast play their role brilliantly, not one actor wavering throughout. The highlights have to be Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, playing their roles with such whim whilst venturing through serious situations. I heard this film be described as Ocean's Eleven meets The Matrix. It certainly is, as the first part plays out with the group recruiting and planning, ala Oceans, with each character playing a certain role. The second part than plays out as The Matrix, with the characters venturing through worlds which aren't real to set out their goal. The gravityless fight scene is a sight to behold, a high point of the movie. During the mind sequences, when met by the enemy, you fear for the characters fates. It is at this moment that I realised something. These characters aren't heroes. They're anti-heroes. Their mission is to trick a company heir into dissolving his fathers company, for Sato's personal gain. But we don't care about that, we care for these characters. From that, Christopher Nolan proves he is talented with writing characters, let alone movies. All in all, this movie is an event. It will make you think, and entertain you with it's awesomeness. This film is a must-see Expand
MetalMan95Oct 2, 2010
Pros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher NolanPros: Everything about the film. Cons: 0. After I saw this film, and was blown away by it, i went to check out some of Christopher Nolan's earlier films. So far I saw Memento, The Prestige and The Dark Knight, and Oh my god, Christopher Nolan is my favorite director now. All of his movies that ive seen are immensely good. Leonardo Dicaprio has come a long way since Blood Daimond and Shutter Island. Joseph Gordon Levitte isnt just a goofy love-sick guy like in 500 Days of Summer. And Hans Zimmer, I loved the films soundtrack. May we all bow in worship to Christopher Nolan Expand
juliankleissJan 7, 2011
An action story is the means for the movie's real question: is our world real or is it a dream? The danger this idea can create is that people might commit suicide more easily, expecting they will then wake up in the real world. But really,An action story is the means for the movie's real question: is our world real or is it a dream? The danger this idea can create is that people might commit suicide more easily, expecting they will then wake up in the real world. But really, does it matter if our world is real or only a product of our fantasy? If the dream is a paradise compared to the real world (as it also is in the Matrix trilogy) why bother about reality? Why would anyone want to live in a worse world just because it is "real"? In fact, philosophical scepticism claims that our senses are not reliable and therefore cannot tell what is real anyway. Therefore, the only thing I can be certain of is that I am because I am able to think, and rational thinking does not require my senses. However, the protagonists of Inception (as well as in The Matrix) do strive for the "real" world, which keeps the whole movie going, leading to that one last point, when they think they are in the real world again. This movie is just an introduction to lucid dreaming and only tangents philosophy, but it is definitely worth watching. Expand
ReviewCriticFeb 24, 2012
Inception is a daring original, and mind-provoking film. One of 2010's best.
anshimanDec 23, 2012
An intellectually charged blockbuster that boggles and penetrates the mind at every level, 'Inception' is the epitome of brilliant, modern filmmaking. Christopher Nolan's genius bursts through the seams of this intricately constructedAn intellectually charged blockbuster that boggles and penetrates the mind at every level, 'Inception' is the epitome of brilliant, modern filmmaking. Christopher Nolan's genius bursts through the seams of this intricately constructed mythology presented in a maze of emotional depth, plot sophistication, heart-throbbing action and a score that immerses you in this world. Strikingly thought-provoking and original, Inception is not only the finest film of the year, but one of the finest films ever crafted.
BRAAAM BRAAAM, indeed.
AtTheMoviesJun 17, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not a film, this is an experience. Stunning visual effects and an intelligent script make Inception your classic summer blockbuster with a twist: it is actually intelligent. The score is beautiful, and Nolan does his usually fantastic job directing. By the end of the film, you will be questioning reality, and most importantly, you will be wondering if it stopped spinning. Expand
JumpmanJan 4, 2016
An interesting movie which could be a lot better without the disappointing acting and the weak action. The partial complexity did confuse at some points but overall the plot was ok.