1. GeorgeR.
    Oct 16, 2006
    I walked out on this other Capote movie just as it was about to clumsily tackle the murders. By this point the filmmaker had so ham-fistedly decimated the tone of everything that had come before and had already tossed away what little jeopardy this real story offered, that there was really no point in abusing myself any longer. It should come as no surprise when one sees that this director
  2. TitoO.
    Feb 13, 2008
    This was the worst movie I have ever seen. I can't believe that someone actually tried to out due the original "Capote". It was an awful rendition and an embarrassment to the film industry.

1. Neither movie (Capote/Infamous) gives you the whole picture, but it's fun to see them both and rearrange the pieces in your head.
    The film's most pleasing surprise is the beautifully nuanced portrait of Capote's confidante, "To Kill a Mockingbird" author Harper Lee, by Sandra Bullock. You heard me. Bullock gives the film what it otherwise lacks: the ring of truth.
  3. Infamous gives you the unique opportunity to see how two sets of filmmakers can take exactly the same story, make extremely tough though different choices in emphasis and tone and achieve brilliant movies.