8.9

1. Sep 14, 2013
    why its offical rating is so low,i really think it is one of my favourite movies.
    it moved me,i like watch the movies base on war,but i am not really like war,this show the true human nature about war,not cold blood.i like this Anti war film.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    this movie has a really good story, I think the movie is very wll done and has really good actors, they showed what the can do by acting wonderful, they showed the story in a very good way so people can understand it. I really enjoyed it, I recomend it.
  3. Feb 11, 2014
    I have not seen a film this good in years and I watch a lot of movies. It's a strong character driven movie. What will happen when you put people together in a stressful fight-for-your-life situation. Great film, reminiscent of films from 30 years ago that don't rely on special effects and explosions.

My wife came into the room and was busy doing other things and stopped to watch. We watched the whole film together. This is saying something since my wife's philosophy on movies is, "I've got 20 years of movie watching after I retire, why waste time now when I could be outside on my bike."

I'm giving it a 9 and not a ten because of the subtitles. However, most movies I've sat thru with subtitles have been excellent because I won't waste my time on them unless they have been highly rated or in this films case, it was suggested by a friend who loved it. So, this review is really 3 peoples opinion that this is a great film. You won't be disappointed.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Phil de Semlyen
    Apr 7, 2013
    The performances are solid - Goodbye Lenin! actor Florian Lukas is the standout - but ponderous pacing makes this true-life tale a lot less enthralling than it might have been.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Apr 7, 2013
    It's all a bit tame, predictable and muted; the inevitable revelation of German decency seems contrived and there's an outrageous plot cop-out towards the end. It's a reminder of how David Lean exploited this kind of drama with more potency in "The Bridge on the River Kwai."
  3. Reviewed by: Matt Glasby
    Apr 7, 2013
    It's stiff upper lips versus ruthless efficiency in Petter Naess’ modest WW2 drama.