6.6

1. Jan 24, 2012
    I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the first film. I thought it did a good job at cameos as well (building towards the Avengers film). The acting and the action was solid as well. It was just a little too corny and generic for my taste. Also I did not like the main villian in the film, Im sure there could have been a better one for them to pick.
  2. Sep 20, 2013
    Mickey Rourke makes for an okay antagonist to the story, but doesn't seem to pull it off all the way. Unlike the first one, Iron Man 2 is more depressing and dark, and this takes away from it. It's less fun than its predecessor.
  3. Mar 9, 2011
    After the first Iron Man movie I was expecting a great sequel, but this fell short because they tried to add to much drama (think Spider-Man 3) and took out a lot of the humor and action that made the first one pop, while the first one was awesome this one was just ok.
  4. Mar 30, 2012
    Okay Iron Man 2 is better than the first because the new actors but yet again there isn't much action and when there it is it sucks. More stupidy throughout the film. But hey its an improvement from the first.
  5. Nov 28, 2012
    Doesn't even flick a booger in the direction of the first film, but it still remains a pretty entertaining action bout.
  6. Sep 15, 2011
    With a baffling story and really unnecessary humor, Marvel's "Iron man 2" doesn't seem to have the prominent blockbuster spirit its prequel contained.
  7. Nov 7, 2012
    This sequel has everything it's predecessor did, but the dialogue doesn't flow and the action isn't exciting. Sequels of this genre need to bring new ideas and visual brilliance to the screen. Iron Man II had neither.
  8. May 11, 2012
    I find that Iron Man 2 is just as good as the first. Robert Downey Jr. gives another great performance, the story is plentyful, and the action is brilliant.
  9. Aug 24, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie possesses many of the same elements as the first movie, but it wasn't as "calm and collected"; the scenes seemed sometimes unrelated without an actual thread to tie them firmly together. Don't get me wrong, it isn't as bad as it sounds, and I'm sure viewing the movie again will make it seem different.

And believe me, if you'll like this one, you'll want to see it again. Soon.

I had very high expectations, perhaps because "Iron Man" was and is one of my all-time favorites. I was disappointed that Rhodey's actor had been changed, but I like Don Cheadle and he did really well. He had a bigger part to play in this movie than the first one, for sure.

Same cannot be said for everyone else. The character played by Scarlett Johansson was one of the weakest, and not because of her acting, but because of the script. She just didn't have any real point being there, and many of the characters seemed to drown into the mass of events that took place around them.

Many elements, alongside Johansson's character, were very quickly introduced. Nick Fury and the involvement of S.H.I.E.L.D. were all based on the quick piece at the end of the first movie (has everyone seen it?), and it seemed a bit too much to ask to immediately bring them in without explanations.

Other than that, I must say I liked the movie. Robert Downey Jr. was brilliant, Tony Stark even edgier, more erratic than ever, struggling with multiple difficulties at once (SPOILERS: USA government wanting his armor, old family "colleague" wanting revenge, his blood poisoned by the very thing keeping him alive, and a rival company wanting him out of the game for good /SPOILERS).

There were several insanely funny scenes, not to mention plenty of cracks at the comics, of which some were lost to me since I'm not overly familiar with them. All the action looked good, although there was a bit too much going on on the screen at places.

Either way, this movie shall go to my favorites, and no doubt stick there.

Ps. there is once again a little treat waiting at the end of the credits.
  10. Nov 1, 2010
    Jon Favreau has done it again!
  11. Nov 10, 2013
    Rather a dull, mundane superhero sequel to an extraordinary action film. It has some of those moments that shine in its predecessor, mostly due to the charisma of Downey Jr., but the whole film is uninteresting and Downey is the only thing that builds interest. Shame, was a good movie, its predecessor was.
  12. Dec 8, 2012
    Another great action, superhero movie. Definitely not as good as the first, but I still absolutely loved it. Robert Downey Jr. is great, and Gwyneth Paltrow is again, perfect. The addition of Scarlet Johansson was very nice as well.
  13. Feb 15, 2013
    There have been three films that I have seen in the cinema where I have left after the credits, not quite sure what to think of what i had just seen, not necessarily a bad film, but one which I just wasn't sure I enjoyed to the extent I thought I was going to, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Quantum of Solace, and now Iron Man 2.
    This was a big film, it had big ideas,
    This was a big film, it had big ideas, and don't get me wrong, it delivered..but only to an extent.
    Picking up after the revelation of the first instalment, life goes on for Tony Stark, he has re-opened his fathers brainchild of Stark Expo, hoping to change direction away from weapons of mass destruction.
    Short-lived, in another world away sits Ivan Vanko, son of Anton Vanko, the man who drew up plans with Tony's father in regards to the expo.
    Back at home, Tony has to deal with his own government requesting that he hand over the Iron Man armour, but increasing health issues concerning his failure to find a substitute for the palladium he used to save his life has spawned reckless behaviour on Tony' part.
    What was surprising about this film was its failure to zero in and develop on the ideas at hand, Stark was basically dying in this feature, but this was brushed over with a few scenes Nick Fury and a cringe-worthy dance and drink in the Iron Man suit. On the subject of Nick Fury, there was a silly amount of characters in this film, all with under-developed stories that never led anywhere, Sam Rockwell also appears in this as a rival to Tony Stark, but he was just annoying and slightly orange. There was perhaps too much of a S.H.I.E.L.D presence that took over the movie. They had to play their part, but this wasn't a good movie with them in it, this was a moderately decent film until they were in it.
    Downey Jr did shine as usual, he has embraced his role to the point of belief that he could be Tony Stark, perhaps his best was shown in this film as it was quite an emotional journey, but with Iron Man himself only appearing a very small amount in this film, it didn't justify the over-abundance of characters and the messy and very anti-climatic ending, this could have been so much better on multiple levels, and unfortunately didn't deliver compared to the first effort.
  14. May 24, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was nowhere near as good as the first one. First of all, I hate when they replace main characters in movies. I understand that it's not necessarily the fault of the film but replacing Terrance Howard with Don Cheadle affects the feel of the movie; similar to when they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gylenhaul in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. Also, a technology that was pushed to be so incredible and impossible to replicate in the first installment is thrown around in this movie like if it's no more rare than an std. Lastly, similar to the first film, there were some huge plot holes. If a villain's weapons are a sort of lasso, wouldn't common sense tell you to just fire on him from outside of the lasso range? I would certainly think a genius like Tony Stark would be able to figure that out. Also, if you access the main computer and can reset the War Machine, why couldn't you also reset the others? Nonetheless, Robert Downey Jr. once again proves to be a top notch actor in Hollywood and the movie's transition to the "Avengers" adds some excitement to an otherwise quick and overrated ending. Still, I was a little disappointed. Expand
  15. Mar 16, 2013
    Against my expectance, this movie marks as the seldom case, in which the sequel is just as good as the original. Iron Man 2 is funnier, louder and provides a lot more explosions. Nevertheless, Jon Favreau doesn't leave good performances and a proper screenplay out. Additionally, the technics and the FXs are great, which helped the movie to become as awesome as it is. My critic point isAgainst my expectance, this movie marks as the seldom case, in which the sequel is just as good as the original. Iron Man 2 is funnier, louder and provides a lot more explosions. Nevertheless, Jon Favreau doesn't leave good performances and a proper screenplay out. Additionally, the technics and the FXs are great, which helped the movie to become as awesome as it is. My critic point is that too many things in this film are unrealistic and as in Iron Man, there are a lot of so-called “Cinema Sins” like stupid dialogues, obvious goofs or simply illogicality. That is quite an issue, but doesn't prevent this movie from being an even better superhero-movie than the original. Expand
  16. Nov 4, 2013
    "Iron Man 2" is not as good as the first, but it's still worth watching. Robert Downey Jr. returns as Iron Man and does a great job portraying him. The visuals and the CGI are still brilliant but the problem with "Iron Man 2" is the script.
  17. Mar 13, 2015
    Robert Downey Jr. personifies his role as Iron Man; his dry humor, his one liners, his ability to handle fan fare, and an ego the size of Antarctica. Despite the reviews, I liked seeing Sam Rockwell in this too, I thought he made a good rival. This is not a straight superhero/supervillain fight to the death kind of movie; there is a lot of dialogue and plot that helps lead to theRobert Downey Jr. personifies his role as Iron Man; his dry humor, his one liners, his ability to handle fan fare, and an ego the size of Antarctica. Despite the reviews, I liked seeing Sam Rockwell in this too, I thought he made a good rival. This is not a straight superhero/supervillain fight to the death kind of movie; there is a lot of dialogue and plot that helps lead to the Avengers. I enjoyed it though, and I think you will too. Expand
  18. May 1, 2013
    It's not as fun and exciting like the first Iron Man movie, but it tends to still be a decent sequel. The first 45-50 minutes of the movie are just fun and exciting. It really relates to the first Iron Man movie. But then you reach the middle of the movie where the story starts to progressively slow down a lot. That's when it really feels like your watching a drunk version of the firstIt's not as fun and exciting like the first Iron Man movie, but it tends to still be a decent sequel. The first 45-50 minutes of the movie are just fun and exciting. It really relates to the first Iron Man movie. But then you reach the middle of the movie where the story starts to progressively slow down a lot. That's when it really feels like your watching a drunk version of the first Iron Man movie. The middle really sags unlike the first 45-50 minutes. It just "in a sense" drops. Near the end, it tends to kick it back into gear. As far as characters, Tony is still as enjoyable as the first movie. The actors are still about average. Except for Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke). He was incredible at the beginning of the movie, but (just like the storyline) it starts to become progressively slow and boring once he meets Hammer (Sam Rockwell). I wish Vanko could have been in the movie much longer and be bad-a** throughout and not just in the beginning and the end of the movie. Overall, with it's progressive slowness during the middle, in the end, it still turns out to be a decent sequel. Expand
  19. Nov 17, 2013
    Iron Man 2 is a junkyard.
    Iron Man 2 is a junkyard.
    The movie takes off where its prequel left off, an explosive beginning with intriguing storyline behind a possibly great villain. Then after nearly no storyline or explanation for most of the following events, the movie finally finishes with a drawn out fight scene. The entertainment is barely there, and the elements that were the keys to success for the original aren't apparent.
  20. Mar 7, 2012
    This second part of Iron Man have great things: 1) The Cast,2) Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, 3) War Machine ,4) Black Widow, but the biggest problem, is that is not like the first part. Is some tired. But is a great film.
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    Iron Man 2 is well acted, but is quite boring. This action scenes were uneventful, the fight scenes were short, but the humor was good though. I was disappointed, it could have had more stuff in it.
  22. Jan 4, 2012
    The biggest flaw of the film is how they pause the action just to show you upgrades to the suit. It was interesting to see what was so different about each suit but to do it right in the middle of a fight takes away all the excitement of the fight that is happening. I didnt mind the plot either but it could have been a lot more interesting and it could have taken a lot less time toThe biggest flaw of the film is how they pause the action just to show you upgrades to the suit. It was interesting to see what was so different about each suit but to do it right in the middle of a fight takes away all the excitement of the fight that is happening. I didnt mind the plot either but it could have been a lot more interesting and it could have taken a lot less time to explain.

I did like how it featured a lot of interesting action through out. I liked the addition of Don Cheadle (as Terrance Howard's replacement) and Robert Downey Jr gave a great performance as well. I suprisingly liked it a lot more then the first film.
  23. Oct 25, 2014
    Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man 2 (2010)

Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Analysis: Iron Man 2 (2010)

With "Iron Man" earning its marks for its success, it doesn't come by surprise that the continuation tries to be just like most sequels -- Which means it's bigger, bolder and filled with new characters and story arcs. What if I say that "Iron Man 2" doesn't quite live up to its predecessor's intelligence, but it still manages to be a rock, solid installment in the franchise? A lot of things work here but they are no match to other MCU movies. This, along with "Thor: The Dark World", is one of the most inferior MCU films to date, which is not saying much because they're still fine on their own. And even if I was a little bit disappointed with this one, I reckon that it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

With the world now aware of his dual life as the armored superhero Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark faces pressure from the government, the press, and the public to share his technology with the military. Unwilling to let go of his invention, Stark, along with Pepper Potts, and James "Rhodey" Rhodes at his side, must forge new alliances - and confront powerful enemies.

The performances from the returned cast and new actors stay stable. Robert Downey Jr is, once again, fantastic. His character, Tony Stark, is the same eccentric, irresponsible and energized man that he was in the first movie. Robert practically is Tony Stark. Gwyneth Paltrow also returns as Pepper Potts and new characters such as Black Widow, Whiplash, Agent Coulson and Justin Hammer appear. But only Black Widow and Nick Fury are going to be very important in this large universe. One performance I really liked it was from Sam Rockwell, yeah that guy is awesome. I saw him in Matchstick Men, which was a pretty good movie. He basically supports the movie, by delivering fun dialogue. And what about Mickey Rourke? Well, he looks menacing and he also helps the movie overcome its flaws. The movie should have dug his story a little more, though. Because the character didn’t seem to have much depth or complexity.

The plot also adds action sequences, and they are better than the first movie. We go from a racetrack battle in Monaco to a sexy Russian spy defeating dozens of officers in a building. And I gotta say, not only is Scarlett Johansson hot and charming, but she’s also athletic and packs a wallop. The final battle really disappointed me because I was expecting an intense and exciting fight between Ivan and Tony, and I only got a 1 minute battle. *sighs* Oh well…

Things start getting too goofy in the movie when Tony organizes a party and starts pissing in his pants. Or when he starts yelling at the guests only to frighten them. Super-heroes are goofy in general but I don’t think they could get this silly. It’s this ridiculousness that tears the film apart and I feel disappointed because this movie deserved to be so much better than its predecessor. As I am doing a MCU marathon, I would love to see this movie have some references and easter eggs (it has some though) to enlarge my excitement for The Avengers, but the movie kinda comes up with its own story, unfortunately. The best thing related to MCU that really excited me was the post-credits scene, where we see Mjölnir, Thor’s hammer and then we see a lightning bolt sound effect in the background as the movie ends. AND that’s the next movie I’m going to review!

Final Score to Iron Man 2: 6.5/10. I had to lower my score because this sequel is a bit disappointing. Its occasionally thin plot sometimes feels weird but ultimately, the film is saved by fine performances (mostly from its main lead) and some pulpy action. Next movie to review: The Mighty God of Thunder! Thor (2011)
  24. Nov 27, 2013
    A not bad/not-great sequel to the original Iron Man. The fault lies in the films inability to stand on its own and instead becomes the prologue to "The Avengers"
  25. Apr 22, 2015
    he first Iron Man arrived at cinemas an oddball underdog — it was, lest we forget, a minor-property superhero movie from the director of Zathura, starring Zodiac’s third lead — and blasted out a gold-and-red-plated megahit. Now, two years on, things have changed. Robert Downey Jr. is, for the first time in his 40-year career, a giant star, while Ol’ Shellhead’s steely visage is famous fromhe first Iron Man arrived at cinemas an oddball underdog — it was, lest we forget, a minor-property superhero movie from the director of Zathura, starring Zodiac’s third lead — and blasted out a gold-and-red-plated megahit. Now, two years on, things have changed. Robert Downey Jr. is, for the first time in his 40-year career, a giant star, while Ol’ Shellhead’s steely visage is famous from Peru to Timbuktu. And here comes the sequel, hotly awaited as one of the year’s biggest releases, the second instalment of a metallurgy-based action franchise that’s sure to roll on and on. The Wrath Of Can, if you will.

Like the sequels to Stars Trek and Wars, Iron Man 2 is a tale of revenge. But, unlike those films, this is one of the breeziest blockbusters you’re likely to see. There’s potential for darkness here: when we meet Tony, he’s hiding from everyone the fact he’s being gradually poisoned by his suit; villain Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) is hellbent on avenging perceived injustices done to his father; and Jim Rhodes (Don Cheadle) is considering betraying his pal by teaming with rival arms dealer Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell). But Jon Favreau, it seems, didn’t want to make his Part Two a downer. He’s out to have fun, not only in front of the camera (his chauffeur character, Happy Hogan, has been bumped up from cameo to supporting role, helping out Tony in two action scenes and getting pinned between Scarlett Johansson’s legs) but behind it too, focusing on gyrating cheerleaders and gleaming tech over inner turmoil.

Not that there’s anything wrong with fun, of course, especially in a film about a millionaire with a magic flying suit. It’s just a shame it rarely feels there’s much to threaten Tony Stark’s perfect world. In the movie’s stand-out sequence, Vanko launches an assault on his nemesis at the Monaco Grand Prix, twirling twin whips that fizz with megavoltage electricity. As he effortlessly slices up oncoming cars and advances, cackling, on a suitless and scared Stark, it actually feels like there’s something at stake, that our hero has met his Waterloo. It’s a feeling that’s sadly absent from the rest of the runtime.

Maybe it’s the fact that two of cinema’s most charismatic, weathered actors perform their most dramatic moments with faces cloaked by metal. The climax is a particular disappointment, a beefed-up re-run of the last film’s final reel, in which featureless metal men thump each other until one falls over.

Rourke and Rockwell make satisfying, complementary villains, while Downey Jr. delivers again. Shame this sequel feels inessential, over-busy and a little, well, mechanical. Nothing they can’t put right for Iron Man 3.
  26. Aug 27, 2010
    It's easy to write off "Iron Man 2" as easy enjoyment, but let's look at what we have here: Mickey Rourke plays the blandest Russian villain imaginable; Robert Downey Jr. pulls off the role of Tony Stark as well as last time, but the bickering between him and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper gets worn thin pretty quickly; Scarlett Johansson shows up supposedly to introduce romantic strain betweenIt's easy to write off "Iron Man 2" as easy enjoyment, but let's look at what we have here: Mickey Rourke plays the blandest Russian villain imaginable; Robert Downey Jr. pulls off the role of Tony Stark as well as last time, but the bickering between him and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper gets worn thin pretty quickly; Scarlett Johansson shows up supposedly to introduce romantic strain between Stark and Pepper, but it soon becomes apparent that she is more there for the audience to ogle at (which I did). Saddest of all, the most interesting part of the movie was the Avengers subplot, which in the end really has no influence in the realm of the movie. And the discovery of Thor's Hammer at the end of the closing credits reveals all - "Iron Man 2" really isn't much more than a mediary between the (deserved) hype of the first "Iron Man" and the hype of the upcoming "Thor" movie. And this is why no one likes a critic. But seriously, Scarlett Johansson is hot. Expand
  27. Sep 15, 2010
    I personally thought it was same old, same old. I didn't love Iron Man 1, but I still liked it. Same goes for this sequel. However, this movie did get me pumped for movies like Thor, Captain America, and the Avengers!
  28. Aug 9, 2014
    This sequel certainly feels fresh for a superhero movie, but is generally inferior to the original. Downey is great, once again, and Johansson is undeniably a great cast for Black Widow. But you don't get to see something except for action, fights and Stark humour. As soon as you are a dedicated Marvel fan, you 'll be a bit disappointed, perhaps, but will enjoy it nevertheless.
  29. Oct 9, 2010
    "Iron Man 2 is one of the sequels that by far beats out its Predecessor .. I loved every second of this thrill to the min Extravaganza ,Robert Downy Jr. Was Brilliant as Tony Stark .. a MUST SEE for everyone!" .. A
  30. Jan 6, 2014
    Ficou muito abaixo do primeiro mais divertido.
  31. Jul 29, 2014
    It might not be as awesome as the previous installment of Iron Man, but it's still entertaining to watch.

The things that really impress me is the great CGI, the opening scene, the music and the great action of Tony Stark's Iron Man. The movie truly is entertaining and cool to watch, even though there might have been a little to much (and boring) conversations between the actors, and that the amount of action was lower than the in the first Iron Man film. Iron Man 2 also felt more unserious than the previous movie.

Not as entertaining as the first Iron Man, but it's great to watch!

Iron Man 2 gets a 8/10
  32. Aug 11, 2012
    Robert Downey's Iron Man returns after his first film outing two years previous, with director Jon Favreau again at the helm. As with Iron Man, Favreau delivers another fun ride and allows Downey to steal the show as Tony Stark. Downey's egotist, smarmy and arrogant but ultimately likeable Tony Stark is the film. Other characters are purely used for Downey to show off in front of, flirtRobert Downey's Iron Man returns after his first film outing two years previous, with director Jon Favreau again at the helm. As with Iron Man, Favreau delivers another fun ride and allows Downey to steal the show as Tony Stark. Downey's egotist, smarmy and arrogant but ultimately likeable Tony Stark is the film. Other characters are purely used for Downey to show off in front of, flirt with or talk over. In honesty, this becomes a little frustrating by the end of the film but it doesn't become a terminal problem because of the hidden weakness and humility Stark shows on occasions. Also, it makes a change for a superhero to be so public with his identity and arrogance.

Facing pressure from the US government on one side and the film's nemesis Whiplash on the other, Stark also struggles to cope with the ill effects of his power source and becomes isolated and irresponsible with his powers. The main antagonist is Whiplash, the son of a Russian inventor formerly employed by Stark Industries, who out of spite for the Stark family develops his own power source to rival Iron Man. The Russian factor brings about inevitably thin Cold War references but it is the idea that the US government sees Iron Man ans his technology as their property and does not wish to be dependent on Stark's alliance for protection that is the strongest plot string.

When given scenes without Downey present, the supporting characters are a mixed bunch. The introduction of Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow to the Marvel Universe is flat and the same can be said for Gywneth Paltrow, who is talked over by Downey for all of her lines. Don Cheadle plays Iron Man's sidekick James Rhodes (aka War Machine) complete with some Robin-esque cheesy lines ("Get a roof"). The positives come in the form of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash and Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer. Rockwell injects some brilliant humour to proceedings for when you've had your fill of Downey.

The action is evenly paced, although the action sequences towards the end of the film are a little robotic, literally, as Iron Man and War Machine take on Whiplash (in a similar suit) and his army of Iron Man suited drones.

Overall, perhaps not as fresh as the original but still a better than average entry to the Marvel catalogue.
  33. Aug 21, 2010
    the first iron man was really enjoyable the second one just fails to deliver . downy is still fun to wach as stark but thats about it . the plot doesnt seem near as entertaining as the first and it feels like theres even less action then the first and what action it has feels so ho hum it just doesnt grab you. the final battle especially basically just iron man running around for 10 minthe first iron man was really enjoyable the second one just fails to deliver . downy is still fun to wach as stark but thats about it . the plot doesnt seem near as entertaining as the first and it feels like theres even less action then the first and what action it has feels so ho hum it just doesnt grab you. the final battle especially basically just iron man running around for 10 min then the last 1 min is the final battle . it all felt so anticlimactic and just not very enjoyable . such a shame. Expand
  34. Jan 11, 2011
    There is something exciting every time we watch Iron Man. Complete action-packed, great characters interest, and interludes with effective humors. Tony Starks is an eccentric, self-centered (even sometimes looks childish) but genius multi-billionaire who builds Iron Man suit. Thiz time, he faced health issue and ready to confront another threads from his business rival, Justin Hammer (SamThere is something exciting every time we watch Iron Man. Complete action-packed, great characters interest, and interludes with effective humors. Tony Starks is an eccentric, self-centered (even sometimes looks childish) but genius multi-billionaire who builds Iron Man suit. Thiz time, he faced health issue and ready to confront another threads from his business rival, Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) and mysterious Whiplash (Mickey Rourke). In the first Iron Man two years ago, I said to everyone that Tony Starks was too humanist on the movie, that was wrong. Starks should be appears more **** to fill his original character (If you asked me thiz kind of stuff, well, comics was my world. I remembered my dad bought me first Iron Man issue from overseas). But on thiz sequel, Iron Man character really fills my expectations. Robert Downey Jr. acted amazingly well, continues his first exhilarating performance. The most powerful element in Iron Man movies is definitely Downey Jr. Mickey Rourke is our other attention after his Oscar-nominated THE WRESTLER (2008). He is playing save on his villain-character and it looked well. On the fight scene, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow was surprisingly kick-ass. I did not know was the camera angle or the fight choreography which made it worked, but Johansson really left behind her girly image. Unfortunately, I do not like Nick Fury character (Samuel L. Jackson) which reconstructs from Fury original character. Other Casts were: Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, etc. The movie directed by an actor who luckily thrived on thiz franchise, Jon Favreau. Some of his Directing credits were ZATHURA: A SPACE ADVENTURE(2005) and the comedy ELF (2003). It is almost very difficult to say thiz movie is not a good one. Apparently it is an excellent and entertaining movie for everyone. Cannot wait for another Starks Expo!

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE : http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  35. May 5, 2013
    I was so bored when I went to see this at the movie theatre. It never really caught my interest or kept me entertained the whole time and the only really cool part was when Micky Rourke was attacking the race cars with his scorpion whips. Other than the boredom of it, everything else was fine. The acting, dialogue, and the special effects are why I did not give it a 4.
  36. May 28, 2011
    I was a bit disappointed with the first movie and to be honest, I think this sequel is better. Great special effects and Mickey Rourke was fantastic as well as Robert Downey Jr. who was as energetic as always.
  37. Dec 8, 2012
    A massive disappointment after the brilliance of Iron Man. It is overstuffed and bloated. Seemingly satisfied with mediocrity. Not painful to watch, but lifeless and forgettable.
  38. Sep 28, 2010
    Iron Man 2 is a very good superhero film. The action scenes are pretty awesome,the story gets very well,but for my letdown size is that it gets too much corky scenes and it has dumbest dialogues for getting over the top. Mickey Rourke was so awesome as Whiplash,that will be my favorite villain in my top. Scarlett Johansson was awesome as Black Widow and she's kind of hot in the way,but farIron Man 2 is a very good superhero film. The action scenes are pretty awesome,the story gets very well,but for my letdown size is that it gets too much corky scenes and it has dumbest dialogues for getting over the top. Mickey Rourke was so awesome as Whiplash,that will be my favorite villain in my top. Scarlett Johansson was awesome as Black Widow and she's kind of hot in the way,but far the hottest marvel chick ever! Don Cheadle did good,but the same person like Terrence Howard does,but I prefer Howard better. Robert Downey Jr. plays very good,but not much as good since the first one. I've just seen him every scene that gets more dumber and to be so stupid in the way and like I said it's more over the top and even gets weirder. So I really like this movie,but I heart times that I love is the first Iron Man movie that I always love to watch. But enjoy,not bad but in the good way. Expand
  39. Aug 28, 2011
    Iron Man 2 is a satisfactory sequel to a kick-ass comic book movie. It is nothing more than that: satisfactory. Some will call that a good thing, and some will call that a bad thing.
  40. Sep 22, 2013
    "Iron Man 2" is able to continue its predecessor's wonderful visual effects, however, the writing feels a bit unstable. Many sub plots are not well executed, and ends up to being pointless to the film. Along with this thought, I often found myself annoyed by the protagonist, Tony Stark, and felt that the lessons learned in the original film felt off put in this sequel. While many things"Iron Man 2" is able to continue its predecessor's wonderful visual effects, however, the writing feels a bit unstable. Many sub plots are not well executed, and ends up to being pointless to the film. Along with this thought, I often found myself annoyed by the protagonist, Tony Stark, and felt that the lessons learned in the original film felt off put in this sequel. While many things irked me in the film, the story isn't horribly crafted, and maintains a nicely put action-packed story. With a surprising finale that overpasses the middle section of pointless scenes, "Iron Man 3" manages to make it to an above average super hero film. Expand
  41. Mar 13, 2012
    Slightly boring, with not enough zing and character development like the first one. For an action film, there was too much explosions and fighting which substituted for the storylines - I couldn't even hear myself think. Also, I wasn't sure who the villain was, and if he was who I thought he was, he didn't have much depth to his character. Although, I did love Scarlett Johansson,Slightly boring, with not enough zing and character development like the first one. For an action film, there was too much explosions and fighting which substituted for the storylines - I couldn't even hear myself think. Also, I wasn't sure who the villain was, and if he was who I thought he was, he didn't have much depth to his character. Although, I did love Scarlett Johansson, especially when she was kicking everyone's ass, and the fact that what was keeping Stark alive was also killing him, but his portrayal of a dying man was still unconvincing, seeing as he mainly acted arrogant, instead of his versatility of emotions in the previous film. In conclusion, this failed to live up to the promise of what could have been a good sequel. Expand
  42. May 6, 2012
    Passable effort which lacks a real unstoppable super villain. Downey is excellent as usual and the movie works the storyline well to get Nick Fury involved. Lacking real action scenes until the final battle it concentrates on character and storyline development so those expecting an action packed CGI dream may be disappointed.
  43. Oct 18, 2014
    In Iron Man 2, the world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark is the armored super hero, Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts and James "Rhodey" Rhodes atIn Iron Man 2, the world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark is the armored super hero, Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts and James "Rhodey" Rhodes at his side, Tony forges new alliances and confronts powerful new forces. Expand
  44. Aug 3, 2013
    Although it doesn't contain the depth that made the first Iron Man memorable, it still has plenty of wit and humor that the first one had and enough explosive action to go around.
  45. Oct 17, 2013
    this film exaggerated a little in jokes and it ended up spoiling a bit on the seriousness of the film, it would be good since it was a continuation of a good movie.
  46. Oct 10, 2010
    "Iron Man 2" is actually a fairly disappointing film in comparison to its superior predecessor. The action can be fun, while at some points fairly generic and mundane. However, the story of Tony Stark is a gripping and an endearing one. I love how he makes well-thought transitions in his struggle for power and humanity in a world that finds him immature; living off his father's blueprint"Iron Man 2" is actually a fairly disappointing film in comparison to its superior predecessor. The action can be fun, while at some points fairly generic and mundane. However, the story of Tony Stark is a gripping and an endearing one. I love how he makes well-thought transitions in his struggle for power and humanity in a world that finds him immature; living off his father's blueprint to success. Expand
  47. Jan 22, 2011
    It's disappointing that Iron Man 2 has a case of sequel-idus, with too many characters crammed and a few too man plot lines for you to really be engaged with all of the characters. Still though, Iron Man 2 has excellent acting, stellar and improved action, great special effects, and good humor. It is not as good as the first, but for a fun summer blockbuster, you can't go wrong with Iron Man 2.
  48. Dec 22, 2014
    Most of us enjoyed watching the first film ,now most of you are excited to watch Iron Man 2 but after seeing it you're damn Unsatisfied and Disappointed.Iron Man 2 is not the sequel we wanted it to be,boring and Has weak Plot with a very weak villain.despite Scarlet Johansson and Robert Downey Jr's Great performance the movie still falls flat..
  49. Nov 14, 2010
    Very disappointing movie. The first Iron Man movie (2008) was a thousand times way better then this one. It was a long boring pathetic two hours strait. At the end, we were all expecting the big fight between Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke), but it lasted like 45 seconds. It's a little bit stupid because, Ivan was preparing for that fight through almost theVery disappointing movie. The first Iron Man movie (2008) was a thousand times way better then this one. It was a long boring pathetic two hours strait. At the end, we were all expecting the big fight between Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke), but it lasted like 45 seconds. It's a little bit stupid because, Ivan was preparing for that fight through almost the whole movie. All a long the film, was a bunch of dialogue with a few action scene.This movie was a big waste of my time. While watching, I couldn't wait until it was over. Expand
  50. Dec 16, 2014
    Iron Man 2 has some things that were better than Iron Man (better effects and action) and some things worse (character development and pacing). But Iron Man 2 is still a great and fun movie to watch even if you aren't a die hard Marvel fan. 8/10 (Great)
  51. Apr 21, 2014
    I really felt like something was lacking from Iron Man so when i heard about the sequel i was of, coarse, very skeptical. Iron man 2 is an enjoyable film, none the less, yet has so many flaws that kinda out way the positive, first the Humor is funny, the action and fight scenes look amazing and spectacular and the acting is solid plus it hints at a future Avengers movie, yet despite allI really felt like something was lacking from Iron Man so when i heard about the sequel i was of, coarse, very skeptical. Iron man 2 is an enjoyable film, none the less, yet has so many flaws that kinda out way the positive, first the Humor is funny, the action and fight scenes look amazing and spectacular and the acting is solid plus it hints at a future Avengers movie, yet despite all this the things that matter to me the most are just Terrible, the characters come of as annoying and i really didn't care what was happening i just wanted to see stuff blow up, the Villain in appalling and is very forgettable, the plot doesn't really have any focus and feels boring and slow at times also whilst Iron man had a really weak final act this one has an awesome astonishing final act yet the rest feels like pointlessness that really served no purpose.

Overall i wasn't really surprised that this sequel didn't live up to the good original film, yet, still i recommend siting down and watching the film cause it is pretty entertain when it wants to be.

52. Aug 11, 2010
    When "Iron Man" was released in the early summer of 2008 it took the box-office and critics for a ride they would soon never forget, its huge critical and commercial success and Robert Downey Jr.'s natural charm and appeal as the hero Tony Stark landed this larger than life comic book adaptation amongst the ranks of greats such as Tim Burton's "Batman" and "Batman Returns",When "Iron Man" was released in the early summer of 2008 it took the box-office and critics for a ride they would soon never forget, its huge critical and commercial success and Robert Downey Jr.'s natural charm and appeal as the hero Tony Stark landed this larger than life comic book adaptation amongst the ranks of greats such as Tim Burton's "Batman" and "Batman Returns", Christopher Nolan's "Batman reboot "Batman Begins" and the number 2 greatest Batman film of all time, "The Dark Knight", "Richard Donner's "Superman" and "Superman II" and many other great comic book films. "Iron Man" also brought back to life the fledgling career of Robert Downey Jr. Shooting him straight to the top of superstar status after "Iron Man" finished it's run in theaters everyone had one question on there minds, when is the sequel coming out? Moviegoers waited anxiously to hear any news at all of a sequel to Jon Favreau's smash hit film. A few months after the closing of â Expand
  53. Sep 18, 2013
    Iron Man 2 isn't as good as it's predessessor but is still a good film. This film is all suspence and build-up, and at points is a bit boring. But the times when there is action, the film is at it's very best with brilliant special effects, camera-work and exciting sequences, but these moments are short and do not appear in the film enough. The film is disjointed and often trails fromIron Man 2 isn't as good as it's predessessor but is still a good film. This film is all suspence and build-up, and at points is a bit boring. But the times when there is action, the film is at it's very best with brilliant special effects, camera-work and exciting sequences, but these moments are short and do not appear in the film enough. The film is disjointed and often trails from it's story, and at points when watching it, I felt that these moments were fairly boring and pointless. The actors did exceptionally well and their characters developed reasonably well. I felt the comedy aspects of this film were overly used and at some points ruined the feel.

Iron Man 2 is disjointed, is overly long and over-uses the comedy aspects, yet when the action appears and the camera-work is it's very best, the film is brilliant. But, overall, the film isn't as good as it should've been; so I give this film a... 72/100!
  54. Apr 7, 2015
    Iron Man 2 is the typical cliched marvel film. A bad guy wants to be really bad and a good guy wants to stop him. Oh, well, watching Robert Downey Jr. in another movie as Iron Man is always going to be really awesome.
  55. Dec 5, 2010
    It doesnt out-do its predecessor like The Dark Knight did, but it gives the original justice. It's the effective sequel and it does an amazing job with what its given. The action is still great, the jokes are still funny, the acting is still great, and the character's are still interesting. Although with Stark's condition it's a little less optimistic than its predecessor, but that doesntIt doesnt out-do its predecessor like The Dark Knight did, but it gives the original justice. It's the effective sequel and it does an amazing job with what its given. The action is still great, the jokes are still funny, the acting is still great, and the character's are still interesting. Although with Stark's condition it's a little less optimistic than its predecessor, but that doesnt ruin it, nor does it make it bad. It's not as good as the first but it's still a grest and effective sequel Expand
  56. May 11, 2015
    Iron Man 2 was a really solidly entertaining sequel to the first movie. Robert Downey Jr's health problem throughout made for an interesting basis for a conflict, as it isolated him while also providing opportunities for personal reflection and growth on his part. The back story with his father was also a neat opportunity to explore Robert Downey Jr's character, while the introduction ofIron Man 2 was a really solidly entertaining sequel to the first movie. Robert Downey Jr's health problem throughout made for an interesting basis for a conflict, as it isolated him while also providing opportunities for personal reflection and growth on his part. The back story with his father was also a neat opportunity to explore Robert Downey Jr's character, while the introduction of Scarlett Johansson's character gave him a good reason to argue with Gwynaeth Paltrow and develop that romantic interest. I thought there was a good pace and a lot of action, and I always really enjoy the planning scenes where he's tinkering in his workshop--the special effects for all the displays are visually engaging, and some of the best banter is between Robert Downey Jr and his computers. Also, this movie has really good villains--the Russian villain is menacing in his efficacy, and he has a great foil in the inept and utterly detestable CEO who's hired him to try to ruin Stark. Overall I thought this was a solid addition to the franchise. Expand
  57. May 23, 2015
    I honestly think that this Iron Man is the best of the 3 (that are out as of 2015). The original comes in a close second. This movie features more more action, more blowing stuff up, and more Iron Man! It also introduces War Machine, who serves as a nice addition to the movie. It's written well with some humor and some dark parts. It still stands as one of my favorite Marvel movies (butI honestly think that this Iron Man is the best of the 3 (that are out as of 2015). The original comes in a close second. This movie features more more action, more blowing stuff up, and more Iron Man! It also introduces War Machine, who serves as a nice addition to the movie. It's written well with some humor and some dark parts. It still stands as one of my favorite Marvel movies (but this isn't to say it's fantastic). Expand
  58. May 4, 2014
    Oh boy they really dropped the ball here. clearly just another cash grab before the avengers. Very boring and all around stupid sequel Few good action set pieces, casting, and music. other then that a very underwhelming movie.
  59. Jul 17, 2012
    While Robert Downey Jr is as great as always and the action visuals are nicely done, this sequel is nowhere near the same league as the first. There's lots of plotholes, Mickey Rourke was one-dimensional and Scarlett Johannson was bland and the plot in the third act took a back set to Avengers tie-ins. Not as bad as Spider-Man 3 or X-Men 3, but it could have been a lot better.
  60. Jan 17, 2013
    I'm actually disappointed about this movie. I'm big fan of the first
  61. Feb 10, 2012
    Though not as smart or inventive as its predecessor, Iron Man 2 is an entertaining follow-up to the 2008 movie. In fact, in terms of action scenes and villains, this movie is better. Sam Rockwell is good as Justin Hammer, Tony Stark's oily competitor and Mickey Rourke presents a threat as Whiplash. However, the movie isn't as witty or as clever as before. Iron Man 2 is constructed like aThough not as smart or inventive as its predecessor, Iron Man 2 is an entertaining follow-up to the 2008 movie. In fact, in terms of action scenes and villains, this movie is better. Sam Rockwell is good as Justin Hammer, Tony Stark's oily competitor and Mickey Rourke presents a threat as Whiplash. However, the movie isn't as witty or as clever as before. Iron Man 2 is constructed like a typical superhero movie and while this is not the worst thing in the world, it does make the story feel a little more by-the-numbers. Performances are good all round, especially Downey Jr., who clearly enjoys playing the eccentric billionaire. Expand
  62. Sep 28, 2010
    I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the predecessor of this Iron Man franchise. Well it was not exactly cerebral as The Dark Knight (its Summer opponent of 2008), it was fast-paced and indeed had enough action to fill its run time. I wish I could say the same about the sequel, Iron Man 2. What was a franchise known for its action, is now a dull plot-developing movie. The majority ofI have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the predecessor of this Iron Man franchise. Well it was not exactly cerebral as The Dark Knight (its Summer opponent of 2008), it was fast-paced and indeed had enough action to fill its run time. I wish I could say the same about the sequel, Iron Man 2. What was a franchise known for its action, is now a dull plot-developing movie. The majority of the movie focused on the foolishness of Robert Downey's character. Although well-acted, I wish there was more "Iron Man" than of Tony Stark. The final scene of the movie does go back to it comic-book roots with the duo of War Machine & Iron Man, but it feels empty because there was not much to support it. It is an acceptable and somewhat enjoyable blockbuster, but I could not get over the mindless drama and lack of action. Expand
  63. Apr 1, 2014
    I really liked the first Iron Man, it was a solid film telling the retelling the story of how Tony Stark became Iron Man. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Iron Man 2. This entry felt pretty bland and lacked the action and the excitement that the first film have leaving me dissatisfied. I did think that there were some somewhat humorous parts, but overall I just felt that thisI really liked the first Iron Man, it was a solid film telling the retelling the story of how Tony Stark became Iron Man. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Iron Man 2. This entry felt pretty bland and lacked the action and the excitement that the first film have leaving me dissatisfied. I did think that there were some somewhat humorous parts, but overall I just felt that this film just focused too much on stupid plot points that were not at all necessary making this mess known as Iron Man 2. Robert Downy Jr. is a good Iron Man, but if you want him to be in an excellent film, go watch the first Iron Man, The Avengers or Iron Man 3 because those films rocked, this one...not so much. Expand
  64. Jan 17, 2015
    Being the sequel to the film that started it all for the MCU, I had high hopes for Iron Man 2. Unfortunately, the sequel was shockingly underwhelming and dull save for a few good action sequences. This was due to more than a few unnecessary subplots, dialog that just didn't feel as witty or funny as the first, and the villain is completely underdeveloped. Downey is still great as IronBeing the sequel to the film that started it all for the MCU, I had high hopes for Iron Man 2. Unfortunately, the sequel was shockingly underwhelming and dull save for a few good action sequences. This was due to more than a few unnecessary subplots, dialog that just didn't feel as witty or funny as the first, and the villain is completely underdeveloped. Downey is still great as Iron Man, although Mickey Rourke was severely miscast as the villain.

5.3/10
  65. Jun 15, 2011
    Great follow up of the first Iron Man. Tony Stark is yet again well portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. and the cast got a really nice add from the Avengers (yes, I'm pointing out Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow). Plot is great, action is great and acting is great. Great super-hero movie!
  66. Dec 9, 2014
    Iron Man 2 is an awesome movie which features plenty of action and great CGI. It has an interesting plot and is highly recommended for everyone. Overall, this is a pretty good movie.
  67. May 15, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a good film with good action scenes with an interesting hero, but one of the major flaws is villain, or if the bad guys, they are not very interesting and occasionally get to be boring, and the producers made the same thing they did in the first film, using armor to face Iron Man, do not need to use a similar equipment with the iron man, he could have done differently, in short is a good movie but does not compare to the first. Expand
  68. Jul 27, 2014
    Iron man 2 fails to be even close to the first movie but its still an alright superhero flick mostly thanks to Robert d Jnr acting as Tony Stark.

my ratting 7.2/10 action/special effects 7/10 acting 8/10 story 7/10 style 7/10 characters/character development 7/10
  69. Oct 18, 2010
    The second Iron Man film by its own standards is a fun comic book film that stands tall over your basic comic book efforts. However it generally comes across so flat in tone, lacking any real danger that it comes across more like a pointless and unneccessary extension of the first Iron Man. It is however filled with great performances from Robert Downey Jr. and the supporting cast but aThe second Iron Man film by its own standards is a fun comic book film that stands tall over your basic comic book efforts. However it generally comes across so flat in tone, lacking any real danger that it comes across more like a pointless and unneccessary extension of the first Iron Man. It is however filled with great performances from Robert Downey Jr. and the supporting cast but a sequel that has so much potential that instead settles for being merely mediocre is close to being unforgiveable. That said however, it still could have been much worse and still remains a fun watch. Expand
  70. Nov 23, 2010
    Though not nearly as inspired as the first, this summer sequel boasts solid effects, some sweet action scenes, comedy and with characterization by a great cast. It is a good film, not the best, but definitely worth a good look.
  71. Sep 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Iron Man 2 is not exactly a worthy followup to the original. My problems with the film: The fight between Rhodey and Tony in his mansion with DJ AM in the background was really dumb. These two guys are supposed to be best friends? Yeah Tony was being a douche, but that doesn't mean you steal one of his suits and proceed to try to beat his ass and tear up his whole damn mansion in the process. It just felt like they needed an action beat, like they said "Oh hey, it's been x amount of pages since we've had some action to entertain the audience, we need to stick a fight scene in here according to this scriptwriting 101 guide." It seemed very forced and unnecessary to me.

Justin Hammer was cheesing up the joint and just acting way too goofy.

Tony and Pepper's playful banter had turned into a lot of bickering that wasn't that fun to watch.

Tony's father had hidden away his secret formula for an amazing new element as... the overhead blueprint for his **** Stark Expo? What the hell, why would anybody... what? That doesn't even make any sense. How would he know that Tony would possess a nifty holographic projector that could strip away the details and reveal this magical wonder element? Why not just write down the formula on a piece of paper, why hide it as the layout for a stupid ass expo? This... this **** stinks.

How is Tony's new power source poisoning his blood? The palladium core goes right into his arc reactor, why would this end up in his bloodstream? His bloodstream seems completely segregated from the reactor. Couldn't he just invent some filter between the reactor and his body? He seems good at inventing stuff.

At the race track, when Vanko attacks... why don't the security guards just shoot Vanko in the chest with their guns? His exoskeleton doesn't seem to cover his chest, they could shoot him to death.

Rourke's Vanko spends most of the second half of the movie in a factory building robots. That's kinda boring, you shouldn't have your main villain squirrelled away that much.

The final battle with Vanko was way too short and just involved IM and WM doing some stupid high-five with their repulsors. Vanko also opens his helmet for no reason, making his head incredibly vulnerable. But other then that, I thought it was an enjoyable experience.
  72. Nov 9, 2010
    Good, but not nearly as good as the first one. Somehow Mickey Rourke builds a super suit and still gets his ass kicked by Ironman?? Can't stand the good guy always winning every battle no matter what the odds storyline. I guess it's worth watching
  73. May 2, 2015
    Lackluster. this movie is boring as hell and is not a good sequel! what a total cash grab! this movie was a complete joke and continually dissappointed as it went along. Not good. aside from the score, the acting, and the very little action still looked visually stunning
  74. Sep 5, 2010
    A bit underwhelming and slow compared to the first one, but still mostly fun due to un-pretentiousness and playful irreverence so rare in superhero movies. Robert Downey Jr. is the (polonium) heart of the franchise both as the playboy Stark and the Hammeroid fighting Iron Man, Sam Rockwell makes a great weaselly villain, Mickey Rourke speaks Russian like a real Slavonic soul, ScarletA bit underwhelming and slow compared to the first one, but still mostly fun due to un-pretentiousness and playful irreverence so rare in superhero movies. Robert Downey Jr. is the (polonium) heart of the franchise both as the playboy Stark and the Hammeroid fighting Iron Man, Sam Rockwell makes a great weaselly villain, Mickey Rourke speaks Russian like a real Slavonic soul, Scarlet Johansson has only one proper super-spy action scene as Natasha Romanov/Black Widow but her ballet-like kickassery steals the show and begs her own movie. A decent popcorn movie. Expand
  75. Dec 27, 2011
    Enjoyable, not as enjoyable as the first - dragged a smidge in the middle and the whole thing felt at times like a giant trailer for the Avengers. B-. I am sure anyone who was going to see it already has though. On a random side note, I am positive the trailers for this movie showed a scene with Tony jumping out of a plane and saying to Pepper "You complete me!" - This did not appear inEnjoyable, not as enjoyable as the first - dragged a smidge in the middle and the whole thing felt at times like a giant trailer for the Avengers. B-. I am sure anyone who was going to see it already has though. On a random side note, I am positive the trailers for this movie showed a scene with Tony jumping out of a plane and saying to Pepper "You complete me!" - This did not appear in the movie, I hate it when trailers show scenes that aren't actually in the release version of the film. Expand
  76. Nov 3, 2010
    It's sufficiently entertaining but it could have been a lot better. The plot doesn't make much sense, and a lot of the characters are just annoying.
  77. Nov 30, 2010
    This movie suffers from what i call the "the second movie drop." The first movie had sparks flying and this intriguing edge that made you want more. This second addition to the Iron Man series was interesting for a bit but then became obvious and dragged on for long period of the movie.
  78. Aug 8, 2012
    I did like Iron Man 2, the comedy and action was still there, but you knew what the final 'Boss fight' would be almost from the beginning, iron man vs the bad guy who makes a suit for himself.
  79. Apr 29, 2013
    Many have expressed their disappointing about this sequel. I personally think that it is just as good as the original. Robert Downey JR is great as usual, the action has been improved and Mickey Rourke is entertaining as the terrible Russian. Even thought there are improvements to the sequel, there are also too many characters in the film and the final action scene is quite anti-climactic.Many have expressed their disappointing about this sequel. I personally think that it is just as good as the original. Robert Downey JR is great as usual, the action has been improved and Mickey Rourke is entertaining as the terrible Russian. Even thought there are improvements to the sequel, there are also too many characters in the film and the final action scene is quite anti-climactic. Still a high recommendation to fans of the original Expand
  80. Jul 8, 2014
    הסרט איירון מן הכי גרוע, לא כולל את הערימת חרא שלא ראויה להיקרא סרט "איירון מן 3" ותכלס סרט לא כל כך גרוע כמו שכולם אומרים, יש בו מלא סצינות יפות, פחות אוהבים אותו בגלל שהוא פשוט פחות טוב מהראשון
  81. Jan 16, 2015
    Iron Man 2 è un film spettacolare,con una trama fantastica ed emozionante,il migliore della trilogia dedicata al supereroe ed il miglior film Marvel assieme a The Avengers e Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
  82. May 31, 2013
    This is the first Iron Man movie I've ever seen. It was actually pretty good. My only problem with this movie is that Iron Man isn't seen that much in the film. But all in all, it was a good sequel.
  83. Oct 15, 2012
    A lack of depth, little real story and far too many fast-talking scenes means that IM2 never really hits the heights it should. But don't let that make you think it's not entertaining - it is and it certainly has it's moments, however it also most certainly has it's fair share of scenes where you can grab a non-pause pee-break too. I really hope they make another cut of this with about 20A lack of depth, little real story and far too many fast-talking scenes means that IM2 never really hits the heights it should. But don't let that make you think it's not entertaining - it is and it certainly has it's moments, however it also most certainly has it's fair share of scenes where you can grab a non-pause pee-break too. I really hope they make another cut of this with about 20 minutes trimmed off as it could really work with some of the fat cut out, and having said that it does work as it is - just not to any mind-blowing degree. Decent enough and never an effort to watch, an ideal film to put on when with mates or your partner if you want a film you can talk through. Expand
  84. Oct 9, 2013
    After the excitement that was the first Iron Man, the sequel contributes little of anything notable. The story is simply not as entertaining and the action not as captivating as before.
  85. May 10, 2011
    The first Iron Man was very good and enjoyable. Iron Man 2 was bigger than the first one. Bigger explosions, funny dialogue, and a great performance from Robert Downey Jr. as he basically embodied Tony Stark with an updated change to his character. But the sequel is no "The Dark Knight". I still enjoyed but I just felt like something was missing.
  86. Oct 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a let down, I thought the first movie was pretty good (except for the fact that Iron man gets his %$# kicked by the bad guy and then defeats him without the need of his iron man powers!). The action scenes were boiler plate stuff, nothing special, the final battle was short and lame, and Downy's character was just plain annoying throughout the movie, and yes, once again Iron Man could not beat the bad guy with his Iron Man suit, he needs help this time around. Glad I waited to rent it! Expand
  87. Jan 17, 2012
    I liked the first Iron Man. It was an origin story but didn't get overly bogged down in that. I also agreed with a lot of others in that Robert Downey Jr made an excellent Tony Stark, but upon seeing this movie I disagree and believe I was maybe wrong in the first place. I'm a comic book geek and I grew up with Tony Stark as a character. He is someone who wants control in order to doI liked the first Iron Man. It was an origin story but didn't get overly bogged down in that. I also agreed with a lot of others in that Robert Downey Jr made an excellent Tony Stark, but upon seeing this movie I disagree and believe I was maybe wrong in the first place. I'm a comic book geek and I grew up with Tony Stark as a character. He is someone who wants control in order to do the right thing or what he thinks is the right thing, he is a good man at heart but he is misguided, stubborn and egoistical. What's the problem you ask, is that what Downey is playing? Yes, but a shallow version of that, mixed with playing Robert Downey Jr. He's half acting now at best and it's less Tony Stark is Iron Man and now more Robert Downey Jr is Iron Man. We are told who he is but not really shown any depth other than the motivation of being a former arms dealer and the guilt of that. The racetrack scene is exciting though and well filmed as is the final fight, but the rest of the film is pretty dull. The villain Whip Lash just turning into another Iron Monger when he gets the suit bothered me too. Scarlett Johansson is totally miscast. Although I did like the casting of Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer. Expand
  88. Mar 2, 2015
    Good movie, sets up well after the first Iron Man. RDJ still seems like he was born to play the part, his sarcasm and arrogant wit totally make the movie worth. Gweneth Paltrow, despite me not liking her personally, seems to be coming more on her own as Pepper Pots. I thought Don Cheadle replacing Terrance Howard as Rhodey seemed a bit awkward and he seemed out of place, kind of similar toGood movie, sets up well after the first Iron Man. RDJ still seems like he was born to play the part, his sarcasm and arrogant wit totally make the movie worth. Gweneth Paltrow, despite me not liking her personally, seems to be coming more on her own as Pepper Pots. I thought Don Cheadle replacing Terrance Howard as Rhodey seemed a bit awkward and he seemed out of place, kind of similar to Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight. I felt Vanko/Whiplash had a lot of potential but seemed to take a backseat a bit to Justin Hammer by the movies end and I felt he was killed to easily. Rourke was great but by the time the movie was over, you felt as if his potential was wasted. Expand
  89. Jan 21, 2012
    After the first film I waited a little bit more. I don't say I didn't enjoy it because it was great but the story line was too predictable. Robert Downey Jr.'s performance was awesome.
  90. Nov 13, 2014
    Whereas Iron Man featured much character development in his first movie, his personality is on reset for...MONEY!!!!$$$$$. This movie does its best to be the original Iron Man, but fails in the fact that its sole purpose is a cashgrab and a year-filler until the Avengers came out. I would still enjoy it if didn't follow overused plot devices and had less than 13 minutes of action (when itWhereas Iron Man featured much character development in his first movie, his personality is on reset for...MONEY!!!!$$$$$. This movie does its best to be the original Iron Man, but fails in the fact that its sole purpose is a cashgrab and a year-filler until the Avengers came out. I would still enjoy it if didn't follow overused plot devices and had less than 13 minutes of action (when it claims to be an action movie!). Expand
  91. Aug 14, 2010
    Sure, it isn't The Dark Knight, but its the near-perfect blend of action, drama and humor that makes Iron Man 2, one of the best comic-book films of all-time, and undoubtedly, one of this year's best films as well. A 10/10.
  92. Jun 4, 2011
    I think this film isn't as good as the first. A lot of Scenes weren't needed and felt they needed a better plot. Yes Tony Stark found out he was dying, that's sad. But there are only two main action scenes between him and the Villain and most of the film Tony Stark thought he was dead. I'm sorry I cannot give this film a good review. It's not a terrible film its ok but it's lacking of PlotI think this film isn't as good as the first. A lot of Scenes weren't needed and felt they needed a better plot. Yes Tony Stark found out he was dying, that's sad. But there are only two main action scenes between him and the Villain and most of the film Tony Stark thought he was dead. I'm sorry I cannot give this film a good review. It's not a terrible film its ok but it's lacking of Plot just bores me. Expand
  93. Aug 11, 2010
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I preferred this film to 'Iron Man'. It is funnier, the action sequences are more creative, and the presence of Mikey Rourke does wonders for the film.
  94. Oct 25, 2010
    Paycheck movie extraordinaire.
    Paycheck movie extraordinaire.
    Just awful. RDjr's and Don Cheadle's talents are utterly wasted on this exercise in big budget Hollywood garbage. Gwynth Paltrow has no talent, so she's well within her element here. The writing is so uninspired, and the BIG part Jon Favreau plays is frankly lame, and not a little self serving. Where were the editors on this movie too, because it has massive balance problems, and endless filler scenes? This was no doubt a bridging movie to get us into the much vaunted trilogy territory. If there is an I.M.3, and it seems impossible there won't be, you can count me out.
  95. Nov 15, 2010
    I was pretty bored to tears while watching this movie. It's a real shame since the first one had some nice moments to it, the film just stays within the constraints of those people who would be satisfied with classifying every no-brain-required movie as "hey, it's just entertainment". Once again it could have more than the sum of its highly expensive parts and give us something otherI was pretty bored to tears while watching this movie. It's a real shame since the first one had some nice moments to it, the film just stays within the constraints of those people who would be satisfied with classifying every no-brain-required movie as "hey, it's just entertainment". Once again it could have more than the sum of its highly expensive parts and give us something other than by-the-book action sequence after sequence. Stark is pretty much the same except that now he has a bit of angst, but don't worry that's quickly solved by some BS that the writers threw in to wrap things up quite nicely. Nothing has importance or impact, and I was just waiting for the happy ending that inevitably followed. The only glimmer of light in the whole movie was Mickey Rourkes and Sam Rockwells performance. Let's end these superhero movies while we still have some diginity...or take a freakin leap of faith and someone start writing better ones instead. Expand
  96. Nov 23, 2012
    Iron Man 2 is the direct sequel to Iron Man and continues the series well. Robert Downey Jr proves once again that he is very good at portraying characters who have a literal personality. Plot: Iron Man 2 begins where Iron Man ended, after Tony Stark revealed to the world that he is Iron Man. As the US government attempts to copyright his suit, Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) wishes to avengeIron Man 2 is the direct sequel to Iron Man and continues the series well. Robert Downey Jr proves once again that he is very good at portraying characters who have a literal personality. Plot: Iron Man 2 begins where Iron Man ended, after Tony Stark revealed to the world that he is Iron Man. As the US government attempts to copyright his suit, Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) wishes to avenge his father's legacy that he believes has been ruined due to Stark's father. He attempts to recreate the arc reactor which is also powering Stark's heart as a power source to fuel his electric whips as he becomes Whiplash. Stark meanwhile is dying due to the stress on his arc reactor, as he is losing his lustre. After Vanko attempts to murder Stark, he is abducted in prison by Stark's buisness competitor, Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell) as they form an alliance to bring down Stark industry's. Compared to Iron Man: Iron Man 2 makes for a very well made sequel and should definently be viewed by those who enjoyed Iron Man. Opinion: Very well done a worthy sequel Expand
  97. Nov 30, 2010
    This movie is a dud. It's just as bad as "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." Mickey Rourke as a Russian scientist? Give me a break, or at least my money back.
  98. Sep 15, 2010
    Even though the movie is not as exciting or surprising like the first installment, this second part is still great superhero entertainment with a good script and nicely done action scenes. Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow stand out once again with their great characters even more on this film. Yet, the change of the actor of the lieutenant may have not been for the best, because DonEven though the movie is not as exciting or surprising like the first installment, this second part is still great superhero entertainment with a good script and nicely done action scenes. Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow stand out once again with their great characters even more on this film. Yet, the change of the actor of the lieutenant may have not been for the best, because Don Cheadle does not show enough emotional friendship with Tony Stark. Still, it is a movie worth to check out! Expand
  99. Nov 14, 2014
    The movie is cheesy at times but it was overall a very good movie. i think that the special affects were really good and it had the same quality as most marvel movies.

1. Reviewed by: Nick de Semlyen
  2. Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about "Iron Man," a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel. In its place, Iron Man 2 has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Isn't as much fun as its predecessor, but by the time the smoke clears, it'll do.