6.4

1. Jul 8, 2014
    definitely worst movie ever, dont watch this piece of **** the only thing that was good in this movie was robert downey jr as tony stark/ this movie Destroyed Iron Man, The Mandarin, advanced idea mechanics. iron patriot
  2. Jun 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. HAHAHAHAHAAHAAH . . . no. No, Shane Black and Robert Downey, I didn't find this 130-minute over budget inside joke between you two hilarious. No, I did not find Downey's excessive jazz hands in order to summon his armor hilarious. Were those really necessary or some signal towards the so-called illuminati? Either way, you looked like you were speaking in sign language to your boyfriend Shane. No, I did not appreciate Downey attempting to turn this film into Iron Man: Tropic Thunder. The only good thing about this film was the "House Party" protocol. Otherwise, shane and robert went full retard on this one. Expand
  3. Feb 1, 2014
    La película para mi es una completa mierda, para retrasados mentales, una basura. La verdad no se como hay gente que le gusta, todo porque tiene esa ilusión de no romper un sueño, como la película fue tan esperada,porque sacarle mierdas, porque sacarle defectos, es asombroso lo mala que es esta película.
  4. Jan 28, 2014
    Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) Is back after the events of The Avengers. This time he will fight with his arch enemy terrorist ringleader organizatsiiDesyat Rings Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) and the commander of the militants extremists "People bombs" Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce).

Directed by Shane Black tried to lodge Iron Man, as The Dark Knight Rises Christopher Nolan, but the gloom at the
    moment forgotten more innings is not funny jokes. Robert Downey Jr. decides excellent role Stark. Almost the entire film, even in scenes Stark was without a suit.

But despite the great special effects, good cast and sometimes funny jokes in the film has a few flaws. Characters silly villain Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and the template shows us a classic villain Mandarin (Ben Kingsley) was simple. Standard plot and characters are stupid and templates, as well as silly tantrums. Tony Stark does not change and is not adjusted for the film. He continues to behave stupidly. Iron Man 3 appears to us a typical adaptation of the comic book is not nothing remarkable film. I am very disappointed when watching Iron Man 3 .

Bottom line: the worst of the trilogy about the iron man. Rating C +
  5. Dec 29, 2013
    If you haven't seen this yet, and you want to see it because you think a movie with the Mandarin in it will be cool. STOP. They've completely f*cked his character up. Do not watch this if you've read any of the comics involving the Mandarin. the Director completely pisses all over his character and expects you to laugh about it. Imagine if the director of the next Superman movie turns him into a gay guy to make some sort of "modernization", or the next Batman movie involves Batman having a secret My little pony obsession to "show his soft side". I pray to God that directors out there read these reviews and realize that you can NOT take an established character and completely f*ck him/her up and turn them into something completely different without angering people that are even mildly interested in the lore surrounding said character. STOP f*cking things up to prove some sort of point. A point that get's lost anyway because people are just to shocked to believe what is happening in front of their eyes. Iron Man isn't some sort of freaking art-house indy BS pile of crap that you can do whatever you want with without repercussion. It is an established story involving characters that have set personalities/powers/etc. Marvel seriously f*cked this one up. Expand
  6. Dec 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Winner of the least thought out film of 2013. Award for the most disappointing villains. From the directer of the Overrated Avengers comes this offensive sequel to the popular Iron Man films. In this film comes the Iron Man that you would never want to see. Im not even joking, the director takes the advantage of The avenger towards this film. Tony Stark was just sad all the way and towards the end you just have to close you're eyes. This not even Iron Man this is just Tony Stark. The special effects were just terrible and also used from the overrated Avengers. I just like to say that fans of Iron Man will not even or should i say should not even watch at all and just say the film never existed. For other people who want to watch a good film also do not watch this film if you have a brain or even a interest in a story of a film. Expand
  7. Dec 15, 2013
    It's unpleasant, irritating, has ridiculous moments. I feel like I had spit in her face, I cheated with the entry. That bastard sos Disney. Bastards people!
  8. Dec 10, 2013
    Lousy movie, it will fall with such a silly little comedy and ridiculous that I was ashamed, and the decision has no forgiveness Mandarin. It is truly a waste.
  9. Dec 10, 2013
    Terriblemente mala, terriblemente ridícula, una decepción total. Lo del mandarin fue lamentable pero en lo principal del por que es mala es por un exceso de comedia impresionante.
  10. Dec 8, 2013
    Lousy god, humorously goofy child. Slowly destroying the movie goes and turns in the show Tony Stark. Well this movie is extremely bad, rubbish and certainly the worst of the 3.
  11. Nov 29, 2013
    That movie so bad, not only the choice of Mandarin, but the whole movie is a mess, is ridiculous and stupid moments with silly humor unfunny. This between 5 Worst Movies of 2013.
  12. Nov 23, 2013
    Meh. This movie started good, I wanted it to be good, but it wasn't. The first hour or so was really interesting, i liked Tony Starks panic attacks. Then, the second part..... They over did the humor and ruined the movie.
  13. Nov 15, 2013
    so yeah, this one was terrible, it seems as if they shot each scene alone and forgot that all the scene are going to come together at the end and should make sense
    and the movie start off very lame as RWJ as the narrator who have no idea what to say relying on his ego
    and then he made a joke 5 seconds after his girlfriend just fall off 2000 feet and should be dead ?
    and you have a
    terrible performance from Guy Pearce who apparently can't Starr in a good movie recently,
    and the director trying so hard to bring himself on the screen in pointless scenes who add nothing to major all clusterfu**
    just stop this series already.
  14. Nov 10, 2013
    A fun but terrible, cliched, and action packed ride. The only part that saves this movie is Robert Downey Jr's acting and the action in the final scenes A ton of cliched parts and terrible acting potrayed, knew that I was watching a Marvel Mess. A disappointed since I went in from watching the Avengers which was an amazing action movie.
    Overall, a lackluster action movie with terrible
    predicted scenes and terrible acting. Expand
  15. Nov 9, 2013
    Iron Man 3 seems to be a tired echo of its predecessors. The scenes were bland and the fast, and unusual, pace of the movie, compared to the previous, made it unbearable to watch. 15 minutes into the movie I very munched missed the former director. If Iron Man 3 is a taste of what is now to come from Marvel studios, I will no longer be the devoted movie goer I have been in the past. I have a feeling Disney is interfering too much in the production process now. I hope this does not carry over to the upcoming Star Wars movies or I will not be watching those as well.

We need character depth and devolpement. Fast paced action is for Michael Bay teeny bopper fans. Blah. Waste of money.
  16. Nov 9, 2013
    Watching the trailer for Iron Man 3, I was very excited for the movie. I had thought that it was going to be the best Marvel movie yet. However, when I had finished watching it I was very disappointed. Once again with another movie that came out this year, I feel angry because the trailer makes the movie seem so much better than it actually is. I'm not that bothered by the fact that the Mandarin wasn't "real but even with all of Tony's suits, I still feel as if there wasn't enough Iron Man action. The jokes and comedy were OK. For me this is a sad and frustrating over-rated film. I also thought the ending was stupid. Seriously, Pepper (looking weird in only a bra and yoga pants, and glowing red) defeats the Killian?

If you like this review, read my other work on a wide variety of movies, TV shows, and videogames and mark this review as helpful. Remember, every vote counts!
  17. Nov 8, 2013
    This movie has the whole pack: comedy, action, plot, characters, etc. Unfortunately, it spreads too thin and a lot of it is felt forced (particularly the excessive jokes).
  18. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ironman 2 was an entertaining movie that failed to live up to its predecessor. Ironman 3 is a slap to the face. Most of the movie chronicles the adventures of Tony Stark, who has set aside his intellect and technological mastery in favor of idiocy and laughable ineptness. What was once an invincible piece of machinery becomes a joke, continuously malfunctioning, and being destroyed by anything that touches it. But that's just the parts where Stark is actually IN a suit. For most of the movie, typically for no good reason, Tony Stark is running around with a handgun. This is like watching a spiderman movie where he only shoots web in one scene. Or a Superman movie where he doesn't fly. The "amazing plot twist" was easy to see coming, and left us with a villain who is entirely bland. Pepper Potts steals the show by beinf better at using Ironman's armor than Ironman himself. The president is caged up in War Machine's armor for reasons never revealed. And Tonys decides the best way to fight a man made of magma is a fistfight. Its not until pepper gets the suit that she decides to fire a missle and easily defeat the big bad guy. Are you kidding me? Expand
  19. Oct 19, 2013
    This is probably the worst iron man movie of the three.. Sure it's action packed and all but the story is terrible. If this was based on a Comic book it shouldn't have been put to a movie I mean Pepper getting powers. What the hell! The Mandarin probably was the most interesting villain in iron man but what they did was made a joke out of it! even pepper was the one who beat mandarin. I mean this is just stupid. Iron Man sucks! marvel is going down the drain. Expand
  20. Oct 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never before have I felt so cheated by a movie like Iron Man 3. The film is a colossal failure in my books and could arguably be my worst superhero movie of all time; that doesn't mean to say it isn't good in some parts.

SPOILERS

The first act itself is a great piece of cinema and gave what the trailer promised; easily the best part of the movie. It showed a much more stellar and well paced point in the movie that I myself actually applauded at, especially the scene where the helicopters blow up the house; but even the first act had flaws. For example, WHY DID HE GIVE THE MANDARIN HIS HOME ADDRESS??!! or how about WHY DOESN'T HE ACTIVATE THE 40 OTHER IRON MAN SUITS THAT ARE IN HIS BASEMENT WHEN THE HOUSE IS BEING ATTACKED??!! GOD!!!! But I digress, the first act was fantastic and really stood out to me promising more as the film went on.

And then it started to deteriorate with the second act, and who do I blame for this? That god damn kid! He had no other involvement in the second act other than to anger me to my boiling point! I know that Shane Black probably wanted a more child atmosphere to it but you didn't have to make him that annoying. All he does is piss Tony off, causes him an anxiety attack and then gets captured....WHAT?! This kid was one of the major hiccups in the film.

However, the biggest hiccup was the Mandarin himself; yeah you all knew I'd mention this. The Mandarin was the biggest and best feature about the trailers that were shown, he looked menacing, he looked frightening! This to me screamed: MOVIE OF THE YEAR! Sure his alien rings were gone but he still became a threat in the story and you could sense his presence. And then you get to his mansion and you meet him and......who the f*ck is this? The Mandarin was a phony! He was an actor! BEN KINGSLEY WAS PLAYING HIMSELF IN THIS MOVIE!!!!! WHAT THE HELL, SHANE BLACK???!!! This made me infuriated that if my girlfriend wasn't with me at the time, I WOULD HAVE LEFT THE THEATER!!! What was he thinking, did he just wake up one day and say: "I don't care about The Mandarin now, let's make him into A GOD DAMN JOKE!!" For me this is what ruined the movie for me, it was just so ridiculous and so insulting to any comic book fan who had detailed knowledge of the character.

And speaking of insults, the ending is just ridiculous. To sum it up in short words: Killian is the "Mandarin", Pepper kills Killian, Tony explodes all the Iron Man suits and gets the shrapnel out of his heart claiming he is a "changed man". That is the worst ending ever....THIS MOVIE SUCKS!!!

To sum it up in one word I would say "MESS", it is downright insulting to the comics, it's characters are bland at most points, it's development is pathetic and I hate it. The only good points that deserve the 2 points go to 2 separate things.
    1. The acting is spot on and Robert Downey Jr nails it as Stark much like he has done in the past films. There is not one actor who is off in this film and that is fantastic to see.
    And 2. The first act is mind blowing, it's what the trailers showed and that's what made me gravitate towards the film at first, even if it has flaws now and again. Truly great cinematography.

But is this film worth watching? I'd say yes, it's still an Iron Man movie and every movie with Iron Man in is usually a blast to sit through. It doesn't save it from my experience but maybe you'll find something better in that steaming pile of dog sh*t.

Pros:
    +Acting is great
    +Downey Jr nails it
    +First act of movie is amazing!

Cons:
    -THE MANDARIN TWIST
    -Act 2 and 3
    -Insulting and badly paced as the movie went on

VERDICT
  21. Oct 12, 2013
    Unfortunately I am in the group of people who really wasn't a fan of this film, I went into it with the buzz of the avengers still going months down the line and it was all going quite well at the start, that was until about half way through the movie. I wont spoil anything, but it was disappointing for me, and I'm not even a fan of the comics. It feels to me like the film was written be to many different people with conflicting ideas, and was a product of that. I still have high hopes for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but this and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. looks like the beginning of the end for me as a fan of this series. Expand
  22. Oct 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a movie watcher, I enjoyed Iron Man 3. It is action packed, it's pretty, RDJ as Iron Man/Tony Stark is as always one of the best casting decisions for any comic book adaptation ever.

But as a fan of the comic books, I feel disgusted and betrayed. The Mandarin, and Extremis- two of the best things to ever happen in the Iron Man universe- aren't even shadows of what they were in the comics. They're completely unrelated to their comic book source material, in fact. Ugh. I held off watching the movie, avoided seeing it in theaters, because I knew the Mandarin couldn't be handled properly in our politically correct world, and I disliked Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin. Even though the trailer seemed to imply he'd be imposing and bring to the role his usual mastery.

The trailer was an outright lie. This movie took THE Iron Man villain, and made him a fraud. It showed the ten rings, for all of a second, and they turned out to be props. So awful. So disgusted, I want not just my money back, I want my time back. The Mandarin was one of Iron Man's most formidable enemies, and this movie made him a fake, played by "a stage actor" who's got a British accent and a recreational drug problem. REALLY?!?!

And Extremis. Let's talk about Extremis, one of my all time favorite story arcs and I have literally read almost all of them. This movie was written by someone who'd heard the word and thought it was a good idea. Aside from the fact that Extremis is unstable and can aid regeneration, nothing from the original masterpiece storyline remains. So if you watched Iron Man 3 looking forward to seeing the Mandarin's ten rings and the suit of armor Tony built into himself, you're out of luck.

Despite the fact that those two things are what the words "Mandarin" and "Extremis" promise.

This is by far the worst mainstream comic book adaptation. I wanted to love it. I really did. If they had called the Mandarin literally ANYTHING else, it would not have altered the storyline one iota, and yet they had to use "Mandarin"? WHY?! Same goes for Extremis, for that matter. If the serum had been called it would not have altered the storyline one iota.

It's like Shane Black and the other mongoloids who are responsible for this storyline WANTED to piss off fans. It's like they specifically made these choices in the writing of this film to piss on the greatest Iron Man villain and one of the greatest Iron Man storylines of 50 YEARS of the character's history.

While writing this review I have gotten even more angry than I was already, and the score dropped from a 5 to a 0, because the more I think about it, the more I realize that there is no reason for this shameless butchering of canon. Pathetic attempt to sell a comic book movie by someone who has no love and no concern for the comic book. Bottom line if you're looking to enjoy an action movie with Iron man, watch Iron Man or Iron Man 2 or the Avengers. Don't give Shane Black a dime of your money, and don't waste your time. I could pick apart why this movie doesn't deserve a solid rating, but the real reason boils down to the fact that the movie's creators pissed on their fans so thoroughly and shamelessly.
  23. Sep 30, 2013
    This movie was extremely mediocre. Tony seems somehow way less intelligent than what he used to be and they had to throw some annoying kid into the movie as well for no real reason. I't just left a bad taste in my mouth after watching the whole trilogy.
  24. Sep 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. terrible with blaring mistakes. the scene where tony meets the boy in his garage for the first time, the boy quickly realizes who tony is, showing him a newspaper saying that the world thinks he is dead. at the end of that scene the boy asks who he is. anyway the movie sucked. 1 out of 10, the 1 goes to Kingsly Expand
  25. Sep 26, 2013
    Iron Man 3 was colossal: a colossal disappointment. I was squirming in my seat from the idiotic script and terrible direction. This fil practically ruins the francise and degrades the product. Jon Favreau did a wonderful job directing Iron Man 1 and 2, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Do us a favor: keep Shane Black far away from these properties! He alters Tony Stark's personality with this pointless anxiety quirck. The FX was stupid and seemed to be thrown in to patch the poorly written and conceived script. The Mandarin character could have neen developed into something great in the hands of a capable writer and director: instead it is willfully forgettable. Awful, awful awful from every perspective that made Iron Man 1 and 2 so great. I am sorry for the great talent in this film which was mismanaged. I wish I could have previewed it and not bought the blu ray, which I thankfully got at a big release discount, but I think anything over $2.99 for. The blu ray is a rip off. Expand
  26. Sep 23, 2013
    The worst movie from Marvel Studios yet! What a cop out with the Mandarin. Never have I witnessed a movie in the theater where people were booing at the end instead of clapping.
  27. Sep 23, 2013
    The film was pretty much predictable. You would really know what will happen in the coming seconds or the next scene. I hate predictable movies. And pretty disappointed by the Mandarin to be a total bum. Could've been a badass villain.

Film contains too much action, no real emotions or anything.
  28. Sep 19, 2013
    I hate this movie is such a boring, overrated piece of ever made and the worst superhero film since Batman& Robin they ruined the mandarin who are suppose to be the greatest villains and the portrayed as idiots
  29. Sep 5, 2013
    Boring action, terrible screenplay. Another Disney/Marvel movie aimed at milking the audience money.
    This is not a movie by a long shot but some product made just to be watchable enough so people pay money.

Happy that I did not see that at theatres and I downloaded it by torrent. This movie absolutely did not deserve any money. I give it a 3/10 and not 1/10 because "some" Tony Starks
    lines were funny, because "Blue" of Eiffel 65 at start. Expand
  30. Aug 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. IM3 was a jumbled mess that screwed canon like a in heat. The writers clearly had no idea what the hell they were doing, turning Iron Man's deadliest villian into a bubbling comic-relief (and turning Ben Kingsley from the best villian to the worst in one HORRID scene I might add), completely raped the Extremis plot and left it dead in a ditch, and ONCE AGAIN completely ignored War Machine for the vast majority of the film (a war crime in and of itself). This was a waste of time, money, and 2 hours of my life, and I personally want it back NOW! I don't much care how much money this film made, it was mostly seen by your general public (i.e. people who had no real idea what they were watching and more interested in a action flick than a real comic book film). A crime was committed here. Murder of a (before this abomination) great film series. R.I.P. Iron Man, you made Robert Downey Jr. a very rich man, and nothing more. I hope you are proud of yourself. just sayin.... Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Jun 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 builds on the first film's political cynicism by suggesting that politicians and arms dealers dream up foreign policy crises to consolidate power and make money, but it doesn't develop this notion in detail, because if it did, the audience would tune out.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Rainer
    May 3, 2013
    The action, directed by Shane Black, ranges from passable to interminable. The plot goes from clang to bang. Downey Jr. is still the best thing about this series.
    At least this time "Goopy" Paltrow gets to perform a few superheroics herself, along with enduring some heavy-duty torture that’s bound to please her haters — for whom the sight of the top of her face being peeled off in "Contagion" was like Christmas in July.