Iron Sky

6.6

1. Jun 3, 2012
    Super cool movie. I love the concept of Nazis from the dark side of the moon. The movie is not only absolutely funny but transports also a great portion of morale.
  2. Apr 20, 2012
    Iron sky may be misunderstood by some for its trashy dark humor and for its abundance of cultural references. To those who understand and appreciate this, the movie is a gift from heaven. Iron Sky is guaranteed to become a classic, so may as well just watch it now.
  3. Apr 6, 2012
    Iron sky has a great mix of comedy, movie references and criticism of modern culture. Comedy parts are very well structured and in just right places. Also visuals are handled well, knowing that this is not Hollywood production. I would definitely recommend it to all.
  4. May 27, 2012
    The film is brilliant in concept and has some absolutely killer sight gags, especially with respect to Nazi-genre tropes. (i.e. a Nazi spaceman riding a motorcyle with a side car on the moon). Unfortunately, they did not put nearly enough thought into the script. It could have been so much better. It's like they were having so much find with the IDEA of Nazis in space that when it came toThe film is brilliant in concept and has some absolutely killer sight gags, especially with respect to Nazi-genre tropes. (i.e. a Nazi spaceman riding a motorcyle with a side car on the moon). Unfortunately, they did not put nearly enough thought into the script. It could have been so much better. It's like they were having so much find with the IDEA of Nazis in space that when it came to writing a plot they were sitting around getting high and someone just said "Oh, I don't know, let's have Sarah Palin be the President, that would be funny, LOL!" And they just ran with that - which is so lame in comparison to the Space Nazi parts of the film that it just drags the whole thing down. And then the old trope about turning a black man white. Just Sad. Waste of a fantastic concept, really. On the plus side, they make have invented Nazi-Steam-Punk. It really does have a great aesthetic cross between the stylistic aspects of Nazi films and goth-indistrial-steam-punk aesthetics. Everything is gears and pulleys and chains and heavy machinery, in shades of grey and black instead of brass. The men dress in shiny leather black trench coats and the women wear trim form fitting grey business suits. Or occasionally corsets. With nazi armbands. Expand
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    Iron Sky is a bit of a mixed bag, some may hate it and some may love it. The humor is done pretty well and some of the jokes and/or parodies had me cracking up in the theater. Most of the special effects are gorgeous and there's a lot of action in it too. I thought the story was kind of generic and not that interesting even though it did have some twists in it. The ending was a tad bitIron Sky is a bit of a mixed bag, some may hate it and some may love it. The humor is done pretty well and some of the jokes and/or parodies had me cracking up in the theater. Most of the special effects are gorgeous and there's a lot of action in it too. I thought the story was kind of generic and not that interesting even though it did have some twists in it. The ending was a tad bit disappointing since it kinda left some questions unanswered and came out of the blue but overall the movie was good. I'd say it's a movie that is best seen in the cinema. Expand
  6. Apr 4, 2012
    Very good directed movie. I did like the Iron sky alot. It was more comedy than action and it was very funny at some part and it did end a bit too early.
  7. May 21, 2012
    Fantastic Movie, I visualize like Watchmen and Sucker Punch, and is funny, Iron Sky is a great sci-fi, comedy, action, parody movie, I love Iron Sky. Great movie.
  8. Apr 29, 2012
    < See those critic reviews on the left? Those are there and give this movie 50 out of 100 because Iron Sky makes a laugh of the culture they represent. It's a witty and funny movie that derides the pop culture and politics as a whole with a ton of well-chosen references, proving that you don't need an AAA budget to create a good movie with stunning visuals nor that you must have a< See those critic reviews on the left? Those are there and give this movie 50 out of 100 because Iron Sky makes a laugh of the culture they represent. It's a witty and funny movie that derides the pop culture and politics as a whole with a ton of well-chosen references, proving that you don't need an AAA budget to create a good movie with stunning visuals nor that you must have a Spielberg as the executive producer. It is not "as funny or cruel as its killer premise"? Oh come on! It's a wonderfully done B-class black comedy that even in the end mocks Hollywood productions! And it's great! Don't listen to "critics" whom the movie criticizes! I saw the "killer premise" and I expected a movie with a simple plot, full of bad acting, with lots of star battles and jokes about the nazi, all presented in a high quality way. Except for bad acting, which was correct and decent, all was there and I'm far from disappointed. Expand
  9. Apr 5, 2012
    This movie is just awesome it has good jokes and good acting. Best movie made by Finland and one of my favorites. I would say it is mostly a sci-fi and comedy movie the action scenes were little slow but still good movie.
  10. May 28, 2012
    this film was funny and exciting the exploitation and the way they did this film was absolutely amazing. this film had the best story line, the best chosen actors and a very well done back story of the Americas having a female president that had the might of an ant. this film will be going down in my books as one of the best films in sic fi and comedy. well done.
  11. Jun 2, 2012
    I really enjoyed this, but, it's not for everyone. If you can get behind something that's intentionally a bit cheesy, intentionally a bit 'b-movie' and you can suspend disbelief for the sake a bit of enjoyable nonsense then this may well work for you.

If you're expecting a top of the line sci fi movie that takes things seriously and spends lot of time doing a good job of being serious then you'll be disappointed, I think.
  12. Jun 5, 2012
    Nazis living on the Moon and building their super space battleship to conquer the Earth! It is true, they live on the dark side of the Moon and they are totally disconnected from the life on the Earth, they still live in 50s. They don't even know what Nazis did to the world in the last century, they think that they are good and that their mission is to spread peace among us living on theNazis living on the Moon and building their super space battleship to conquer the Earth! It is true, they live on the dark side of the Moon and they are totally disconnected from the life on the Earth, they still live in 50s. They don't even know what Nazis did to the world in the last century, they think that they are good and that their mission is to spread peace among us living on the Earth. Only Führer and some generals know their evil plans. As an advertisement for American president elections two astronauts land on the Moon and they see the dark side of it. On of them is black and that causes a lot of silly questions among Nazis. But rulers of the Earth (specially American president, who is a woman) aren't any better. There is also a space battle like in Star Wars. I must admit that this movie is really critical to present world order. A lot of comical situations happen and you are able to learn some basics of Deutsche Sprache. Expand
  13. May 3, 2012
    This movie was a very positive surprise for me.
    This movie was a very positive surprise for me.
    When I bought the ticket, I didn't know this movie was a comedy. I expected a really idiotic no-brainer similar to Asylum movies (like classical Titanic 2, Sharktopus or Megapython vs Gathoroid) that's stupidity I can laugh at. The moment I realised it's a comedy though, a voice in my head said: "Oh f***. It's going to be next Epic movie or Disaster movie". I don't think I've ever been so happy about being wrong.
    Iron Sky, while not a masterpiece is definitely a /likable movie/. There is some clever humor (I wasn't expecting that), a lot of political satire and some references to other films and internet culture. I cannot say much without spoiling the movie, so I'll just recommend it to everyone who likes some simple silly humor, and ridiculous plot.
  14. Jul 23, 2012
    The trailer makes Iron Sky look like a relatively serious (other than the whole Nazis from the moon thing) sci-fi war movie but it is actually mostly a comedy. It has some good cultural references and some that don't really work. It is not that funny but it is still quite entertaining and fun.
  15. Feb 23, 2013
    great movie, i liked it a lot. The characters were probably one of the biggest highlights aside from the great premise. Although i suppose almost every aspect of the movie succeeds in my opinion.
    the characters; the characters were all awesome especially the "black guy". his scenes and the things that he goes through were probably the best parts of the movies. My favorite quote of the movie was "im the moon spook you turned into a snowflake". Good stuff. Also the female nazi was awesome in how naive she was to how the world really worked and she was also incredibly sexy. The female president was also a great character always working out and being an overly stereotypical female politician. She acted very well.
    The plot; its overlly obsurd and thats a definite plus for me that someone takes a chance on such a bizarre title. And the movie delivers on the idea of nazis from space. We have a cool refreshing look at nazis and then there is the space element that makes this movie fall into the sci-fi category. You also have the black guy thrown into the nazi mix and i feel they pulled off this great premise very well.
    The movie has it all, beautifull women(no nudity), action, sci-fi, comedy, and of course...nazis. I'd highly recommend it as being one of the most origonal movies i have seen in a while.
  16. Mar 14, 2013
    Not as good as it could have been. The premise was really interesting and it's comedic aspects were also pretty good. The special effect (for the most part) were pretty good, considering. Overall: A fun movie that looks like it could have been better, and perhaps it could be if ever a sequel would be made.
  17. Feb 17, 2013
    Really enjoyed iron sky, really interesting premise great action and some funny moments.Gets a bit bogged down in the middle third but really picks up at the end for a great finale.The guys who made this deserve a lot of credit for doing something different and i think it really pays off.
  18. Mar 4, 2013
    i really enjoyed the film and game i have watched it 20+ times and still not get bored plus the actors play their parts well and the way the film mocks usa is funny and one of the most important things is that Julia Dietze plays renate and she is Sexy and speaks good english :D but i would of liked it more if James would of stayed black throughout the film but the ending came far too sooni really enjoyed the film and game i have watched it 20+ times and still not get bored plus the actors play their parts well and the way the film mocks usa is funny and one of the most important things is that Julia Dietze plays renate and she is Sexy and speaks good english :D but i would of liked it more if James would of stayed black throughout the film but the ending came far too soon and it wasnt as happy as i thought because i would of rather of had the film ending take place 2 months later where the nazis were on earth and renate and james were married Expand
  19. Dec 3, 2013
    I like this movie because...
    -Some scene is funny
    -German scene is subtitled

I don't like some of the things about this movie.
    -Some scene is boring

Overall I give this movie 10/10.
  20. Nov 9, 2015
    I thought I was getting s-bad-it's-good, but instead I got so-silly-it's-amazing.

Great watch for when you want something mindless to just sit and enjoy. Also Nazi fetishism and clothes that get sucked off in airlocks.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Apr 1, 2012
    Much more amusing in theory than in execution.
  2. Reviewed by: David Rooney
    Apr 1, 2012
    Vuorensola's sci-fi comedy is uneven, its humor never quite matching the luster of its visuals.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew Pulver
    Apr 1, 2012
    It's not terrible, by any means: just not nearly as funny or cruel as its killer premise suggests.