6.0

1. Aug 25, 2014
    This movie is boring and very slow. A few times during the movie I was about to stop watching it. The main actress (Lila) plays well. Most of the other actors plays ok as well. They is very little dialog (that may be a good thing). Unfortunately the script is not very plausible. Examples: Her friendship with Chiara who is probably 2 years older; The scene where she set the alarm clock forward; the scene were she goes to the apartment of the 3 guys.
    The cameraman tries to give the film an "artistic" look with some nice close-ups but I did not care too much for many of the hazy/smoky scenes.
    The movies ends abruptly.
    All in all, don't waste your time.
  2. Sep 29, 2014
    It's a really slow movie but it isn't that bad. I just think there's so so much waste potential... I was really interested in Chiara and Lila's relationship and I'd like to learn more about them... The acting is good, but I don't like the fact that there aren't many dialogues.

1. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Apr 24, 2014
    What's exciting about the film is the confidence Hittman brings to it, particularly with her visual choices. The dancing in particular is striking, with surprising cuts and edits. It Felt Like Love isn't a great movie, but it is a promising one, for everyone involved.
  2. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Mar 28, 2014
    However heartfelt and keenly observed this pessimism is, it becomes monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: Inkoo Kang
    Mar 27, 2014
    Hittman's debut isn't just a brilliantly tactile study of the mounting sexual curiosity and frustration of 14-year-old Lila (Gina Piersanti); it's also an important landmark in the oft-ignored subgenre of realistic movies about female adolescence.