6.6

1. LBC
    Oct 31, 2013
    I would have given this movie a better score, but many of Bad Grandpa's best moments are revealed in the trailers. Its a shame too because this movie really does have a lot to offer. The grandfather grandson dynamic works well, but I knew what was coming before I even sat down.
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    Bad Grandpa has some undeniably funny moments. However after the plot is presented in the start of the movie, the movie begins forgetting about it. This makes the movie feel incomplete, as if it hasn't accomplished what it set out to do. The bond that the movie tries to develop between Bad Grandpa and his grandson (Billy) starts off slowly, very slowly. This is because numerous scenesBad Grandpa has some undeniably funny moments. However after the plot is presented in the start of the movie, the movie begins forgetting about it. This makes the movie feel incomplete, as if it hasn't accomplished what it set out to do. The bond that the movie tries to develop between Bad Grandpa and his grandson (Billy) starts off slowly, very slowly. This is because numerous scenes during the first half of the movie are following the tales of the individual characters, not the duo. This makes the second half of the movie, where they begin to bond at a much greater level, appear rushed and unrealistic. Even with the leniency that people give comedy movie plots, Bad Grandpa's feels mediocre at best, appearing rushed and distracted from its purpose. The comedy in this movie is also a bit dodgy. This movie has moments, but it goes too far with individual comedy acts. It's like the writers went "well we can't think of anything else funny, so we'll shove this one joke down the audience's throats for 15 minutes." It's a shame because a lot of these jokes are really funny at first, but after the first few times, it makes the movie seem desperate for one more laugh. Unfortunately, a lot of scenes in the movie aren't funny at all, and excessively immature. These moments make you frown as you shy away from the screen, as they're way more disturbing than they are funny. These scenes also go on for way too long. Bad Grandpa is a film that starts really slowly, with the jokes feeling very forced, but manages to recover quite well, picking up the pieces to form a film that contains several meaningful laughs, as well as being able to witness the bond that Grandpa and Billy share. Expand
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    I wanted to like this movie but I barely laughed. I got a few chuckles but the one thing that ruined the movie to me was the addition of story. I love the Jackass movies as they are just random and are funny thought the whole film. Bad grandpa focused more on sex jokes than gags and pranks which I just didn't laugh at that much. It was kind of hard to believe that those we're realI wanted to like this movie but I barely laughed. I got a few chuckles but the one thing that ruined the movie to me was the addition of story. I love the Jackass movies as they are just random and are funny thought the whole film. Bad grandpa focused more on sex jokes than gags and pranks which I just didn't laugh at that much. It was kind of hard to believe that those we're real reactions because of the story aspect they put in. Expand
  4. May 16, 2014
    I have watched all the previous 'Jack-ass' movies. I did not love them due to some of the disgusting stuff in it though enjoyed watching those because the movie purpose was very clear and they given everything they possibly could want to give.

This new Jackass movie was slightly different and refreshing to its original theme concept. More like it was similar to Canadian TV show 'Just for Laugh: Gags'. Pranking around the street with strangers. There were no written script, everything was captured as it happened in hidden cameras placed in various places. Appreciable for all these tricks, but the movie has been just good because it won't bring in us the wide laughs rather a little smile occasionally.
  5. Nov 10, 2013
    I laughed hard at the very end... then a little bit in the middle... but other than that not much and neither did the other people in the theatre. I love the Jackass movies but this one fell short.
  6. Nov 14, 2013
    Knoxville's "films" are always the same. What saves this one is that there is somewhat of a loose story line to all of the hidden camera practical jokes. There were some very good and unexpected laughs which I can say allowed me to watch the entire flick. However once is enough.
  7. Dec 2, 2013
    Went to see it with some friends, the movie is fun on some moments but it feels like you're watching a long benidorm bastards marathon and it gets quite boring on some times.
  8. Dec 5, 2013
    Good film but does not reach the Jackass movies. Although the are only middle class but the humor was biting and evil.
    Knoxville's' partners (the little boy) doing a good job and brings everything across well that you can only take it seriously.

Quite amusing film with good humor but few hitting straight.
  9. Dec 5, 2013
    Jackass Presents this movie but it's not Jackass. I think they tried to sell the "Grandpa is gonna take care of you" angle way too hard. We all know that's not his real Grandpa so don't keep on trying to pretend it is. There's a couple laughs and a couple crude scenes that made me crack smile but overall this movie is a waste of time.
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    Bad Grandpa is the fan-favorite skit from the show Jackass, where Johnny Knoxville pretends to be an old man to see how much shenanigans he can pull off, stretched into an hour and a half film. There were certainly some hilarious scenes but unfortunately they tried to turn it into a somewhat serious movie. I don't mean the content was serious, I simply mean that they actually tried to giveBad Grandpa is the fan-favorite skit from the show Jackass, where Johnny Knoxville pretends to be an old man to see how much shenanigans he can pull off, stretched into an hour and a half film. There were certainly some hilarious scenes but unfortunately they tried to turn it into a somewhat serious movie. I don't mean the content was serious, I simply mean that they actually tried to give the film a real plot and story arc and at times it seemed as though that interrupted the humor. About half of the skits are funny and a few are legitimately hilarious but the rest is mainly filler in order to connect the timeline. That was where the movie failed, in my opinion. If you're a Jackass fan, like myself, you won't mind and you'll still enjoy it to an extent. If you're not, then the humor probably isn't for you anyways. Expand
  11. Mar 12, 2014
    This film has its funny moments and others that are not funny at all, went into this with high hopes because I have enjoyed the jackass films but this fell short for me. I still think people should watch this at least once
  12. Jul 27, 2014
    Moving in another direction for their fourth film, the producers of Jackass decided to focus on a single character from the franchise, Johnny Knoxville's Irving Zisman. The film has everything you've come to expect from the series, as Knoxville plays a Grandfather, on vacation with his Grandson. Knoxville does his usual schtick, crashing into to things, saying outrageous things toMoving in another direction for their fourth film, the producers of Jackass decided to focus on a single character from the franchise, Johnny Knoxville's Irving Zisman. The film has everything you've come to expect from the series, as Knoxville plays a Grandfather, on vacation with his Grandson. Knoxville does his usual schtick, crashing into to things, saying outrageous things to strangers, and of course showing off his giant rubber testicles. As with most of the Jackass stuff, it's outrageous and hilarious for the first half hour, but quickly gets old. Maybe I'm just too old to appreciate Jackass anymore, but when I start out watching one of their films, I love it, and by the end, I'm just waiting for it to be over with. Knoxville is impressive, and while he's done films on his own, I think he was giving a message to the rest of the group in this film. The message being, if you guys don't want to do this anymore, I can make it work with anyone, even a 10 year old kid. Hopefully the message gets through and we'll get some more Jackass films. I really do love the simplistic comedic genius of the films, but it's repetitive nature makes anything more than an episode of the show wear on me. Maybe it's just not made for someone in my age group anymore, but regardless of age, Jackass has always been good for a few laughs and Bad Grandpa is no exception. Expand
  13. Jan 10, 2015
    Jackass gives us another black comedy that’s funny and incredibly embarrassing to watch, even though its intellectual reach somewhat exceeds its grasp.

I love Jackass, and I had high expectations for this movie. Like all the other previous installments of this franchise are there not always much of those “laugh out of loud-moments”, but there are some. The characters are of course great, and Jonny Knoxville is awesome as usual. But Jackson Nicoll as Billy is the one aspect that’s the worst. He’s not fit for the role.

This movie is overall entertaining, but a bit fake and the directing isn’t the best.

Bad Grandpa gets a 6/10.

1. Reviewed by: Drew Taylor
    Oct 28, 2013
    There’s a restless inventiveness to many of the gags that are matched only by the outrageousness of their surroundings.
  2. Reviewed by: Bilge Ebiri
    Oct 25, 2013
    For all the fecal matter flying around, and all the dick jokes, Bad Grandpa turns out to be an act of redemption: It’s the anti-Borat. And for all its flaws, it might just be the most heartwarming movie of the year.
  3. Reviewed by: Odie Henderson
    Oct 25, 2013
    In the few moments where he's left to prank people on his own, Bad Grandpa doesn't treat him like the clichéd potty mouthed kid out for shock value. Instead, he uses his childlike innocence to make the adults more uncomfortable than his grandpa's raunchier shenanigans ever could.