Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

8.8

1. Apr 8, 2011
    When I first heard about this film I thought it was just another lame "parody" film about a couple of guys making jokes, but luckily I was wrong. This film is funny with a couple of very good jokes. I think that though it was rated rather average by the "pro" reviewers. To sum up, I'll just say that this is kind of a film that is worth watching and pretty damn good for that matter.When I first heard about this film I thought it was just another lame "parody" film about a couple of guys making jokes, but luckily I was wrong. This film is funny with a couple of very good jokes. I think that though it was rated rather average by the "pro" reviewers. To sum up, I'll just say that this is kind of a film that is worth watching and pretty damn good for that matter. Furthermore, the acting was convincing (not in all cases to be precise). Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    The most uneven of all the View Askewniverse films, but it still contains some of the biggest laughs. Don't let the underwhelming first 20 minutes dissuade you, the comedy builds in momentum.
  3. Jan 13, 2011
    This movie is funny as hell. I love the view askewuniverse movies and how kevin smith can write and direct the funniest movies ever. Snootcie Bootcies
  4. AbbyL
    Jul 5, 2007
    Extremely funny!! It's the kind of OMG Why am I laughing so hard kind of film.
  5. Allan
    Jan 3, 2003
    This movie licks balls so badly.....NOT!!
  6. BrookeC.
    Jul 20, 2002
    This movie was f.....g awsum. i could watch it so many times. And who ever disses it can go die a painful death choking on ther own d..k(if they have one) while trying to suck it cuz ther mest up girl friends won't even suck it cuz they are so pathedic.
  7. DesereC.
    Aug 5, 2002
    I loved this movie . It made me laugh every couple of minutes. Kevin Smith is great, but mallrats is still a perfect 10!!!!
  8. AndrewJ.
    Apr 8, 2003
    By far the funniest movie i have ever seen... if they don't come out with another it'll be a shame cause this one rocked!
  9. BriannaH.
    Oct 20, 2001
    I think this was Smith's best movie ever, and for all you losers who didn't like it, f*ck you up your stupid asses!!
  10. MisterTurbo
    Aug 25, 2001
    Bring a change of clothes; you will pee your pants.
  11. SamS.
    Sep 3, 2001
    A fitting end to the New Jersey Chronicles. Anyone who doesn't like this twisted flick licks b***s.
    Sep 7, 2001
    This movie was hillarious.
  13. BenB.
    Sep 8, 2001
    Great way for Kev to end his comedy career (excluding rumored clerks animated). Hilarious to anyone who gets the references and even those who don't, but I recommend seeing the other 4 films first. And f*ck all you little knobs who didn't like it.
  14. AngelS.
    Oct 17, 2002
    Dude this movie rocked, jay and silent bob were funny as hell in Dogma and this film is just great its the funniest thing since monty python movies! peace
  15. PresidentEvil
    Jan 6, 2002
    Definitely the funniest film I have seen in a long time. The gags are constant and hilarious. A film you can see over and over again.
  16. SarahF.
    Mar 3, 2002
    I thought it was funny, being privileged enough to see the other movies before this one allowed me to get the jokes about the others and the cartoon series. If you didn't like it you probably haven't seen the others and have closed minded views anyway. Congrats to Kevin Smith on another great movie!
  17. JoeC.
    Mar 4, 2002
    This movie is da bomb! I say f... anyone who doesn't like this movie, f... them up their stupid asses. See this movie.
  18. JoeJ.
    Jul 4, 2002
    This movie was great. Sooooooo funny. I couldn't stop laughing.
  19. Alex
    Sep 1, 2002
    Dear Jay and silent bob haters, You are the ones who are the ball lickers. Me and Wes model our whole f....n' lives around Jay and silent bob. love, alex and wes.
  20. MarcS.
    Jan 14, 2003
    This movie made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it.. and the 2nd.. and the 3rd.. it's so damn funny; you should just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
  21. Lo
    Jul 6, 2005
    Ive seen this film hundreds of times and i still class it as my all time favourite I know i will never get tired of it! Its clever, funny and a lot of fun 2 watch. Kevin smith is a brilliant writter/director!
  22. DarrenW.
    Dec 1, 2001
    So the plot's a bit weak and its not everyone's cup of tea but for me it was 90 mins of laughter!!! GO SEE IT!
  23. BrianG.
    Aug 24, 2001
    I loved this flick! It was everything that I expected from the director that brought on the Easter bunny attack in "Mallrats." Great Job Kevin!!
  24. NicoleG.
    Aug 25, 2001
    This movie is beyond funny. I mean come on, how many movies have you seen that will just about make you pee your pants from laughing so hard.
  25. ShawnN.
    Aug 27, 2001
    Kevin Smith has done it again, the trailers don't do it justice. After seeing "American Pie 2," I didn't think I would see a funnier movie for a long time. Boy was I wrong. I had to see it again just to see all the parts I missed while I was laughing.
  26. MonicaD.
    Mar 18, 2002
    That movie was so funny!!! And just becuse they say f..k every 3 seconds doesn't make it a bad movie! It just makes it more funny! So for all you uptight and closed minded people don't bother seeing this movie but everyone else...you'll love it!!!
  27. S.
    Mar 27, 2002
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. A lot of people are bashing it because it's all about pot and dick jokes, but that's who Jay and Silent Bob are. The only way to make this movie more like his others would be to completely change the characters, which would be a "bare assed fart in the face of Smith's fans" as some Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. A lot of people are bashing it because it's all about pot and dick jokes, but that's who Jay and Silent Bob are. The only way to make this movie more like his others would be to completely change the characters, which would be a "bare assed fart in the face of Smith's fans" as some asslick so elequently put it. So if you don't like it, fist yourself. Expand
  28. MikeO.
    Mar 3, 2002
    "You are the one's who are the ball licker's" This movie is hilarious, don't listen to the negative stuck up critic's they don't have a clue. Go watch this movie!
  29. BryanT.
    May 13, 2002
    Snootch-to-nootch.
  30. BillV.
    May 23, 2002
    This movie kicked ass. The plot, characters and everything was the greatest. If I have a chance to see this movie in the future I will.
  31. JohnM.
    May 28, 2002
    This f.... movie rocks my balls this movie is the f........ bongggging the best movie besides all the other jay and silent bob movies that are out there you guys need to keep making more f... the public view just make it so i can buy the f....er and you can get your "motherf.....g movie check" ok thanx alot you guys are the best stay like that peace.
  32. JacyG.
    Jun 30, 2002
    This movie is the best f....n movie ever made. i have it on divx and i watch it ever night befroe i go to bed and its really f.....n funny when ur stoned so whoever disses this movie u suck d.... BOONNGGG =D
  33. EricaC.
    Sep 5, 2002
    This was the best movie i had ever seen i mean it was the best. I mean it was about time that they came out with this movie. I loved this movie.
  34. JonathanM.
    Mar 15, 2003
    THIS MOTHA FU....N MOVIE IS DA BEST. I lAUGHED MY F....N ASS OFF.
  35. DaveQ.
    Mar 28, 2003
    This sh.t is the MAAAD notes, written by god herself and handed down the greatest band alive. The Mother Fu..in' TIME!
  36. JessicaD.
    Jul 16, 2003
    I love this f..king movie and i love jason mewes too.
  37. PonR.
    Mar 13, 2005
    A lot of fun to watch, wasn't all toilet humor and cliches. I was never a big fan of Kevin Smith, but this film shines with way more hits than misses, making it his best work thus far.
  38. JReb
    Jul 11, 2006
    One of the most halarious movies ive ever seen. I didnt think any of Smith's other movies were that funny so this came as a real shocker.
  39. ShawnP.
    Nov 12, 2001
    This movie is off the f...ing HEEZIE!!
  40. AndrewF.
    Nov 15, 2001
    The Jay and Silent Bob Movie licks balls, because they both in fact lick balls. Anyone who doesn't like this movie, I'm gonna make you eat my sh*t, then sh*t my sh*t, then make you eat your shi*t which is made up of my sh*t that I made you eat. Bunggggg.
  41. JamesS.
    Nov 3, 2001
    This is perhaps the funniest movie I have ever had the privilage of viewing, Kevin Smith is a genius. One day I hope to follow in his footsteps!
  42. EricK.
    Oct 16, 2001
    This movie is hilarious. All of the Kevin Smith moviez rule and whoever didn't see this SHOULD!!
  43. MattR.
    Aug 24, 2001
    This movie ...ing rules!!
  44. ScottH.
    Aug 26, 2001
    Brings out the kid in me. And I love pot jokes. I guess I never matured! Oh well!
  45. K.Dogg
    Nov 29, 2002
    Best movie EVER!!!!!!!! So many awesome quotes, especially from Chaka Luther King :)
  46. Anne
    Oct 13, 2002
    YO! PPLS! This is the ONLY GREATEST MOVIE EVER, these ppl who think it's great too, are the coolest ppl ever to live on the planet. Jay and Silent Bob Rock. Hopefully, Jay and Silent Bob will Strike back again!
  47. MGoodwin
    Mar 14, 2002
    Funny, very F...... funny... a must see movie.
  48. MatthewS.
    Apr 22, 2002
    To criticize this film as juvenile and lacking in artistic merit is to completely miss the point. Smith has crafted a no-apologies bit of absurdity for the sole purpose of amusing his fans, which he pulls off pretty damned well.
  49. WesB.
    Aug 17, 2002
    This movie is the best movie EVER!!! I laughed every minute. IT'S AWESOME!!!!!
  50. LukeT.
    Dec 15, 2003
    The best movie in years along with dogma and the other Jay and Silent bob films this film makes for endless laughs, at the the stoners of course. Great if your like me and my friends and have sick minds! Watch this!!!!
  51. ZoeJ.
    Feb 16, 2003
    It's the best f*ckin movie of all time!!! i've watched it 8 times and i'm still not sick of it! it's sooooo funny and anyone that thinks other wise needs their head checked!
  52. JenaP.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Haha this movie rocks its beyond funny so i think every1 should see it its a laughing kinda thing to enjoy with the friends.
  53. JasonS.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Bluntman and Chronic suck! =D It was a good movie, on a more serious note.
  54. KeithD.
    Jan 31, 2006
    this film is extremely funny. Though crude, has a great plot and script. It is the best film ever!
  55. Jul 23, 2016
    A movie that got a lot of laughs out of me, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is an entertaining ride for fans of Kevin Smith's work, though it won't get anyone who isn't a fan of the series.

1. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    It's gratifying to see a comedy can have no redeeming social value yet be full of hearty laughs.
    The movie is sloppy and scattershot, and proud of it. It wears its slipshod, anything-for-a-laugh structure like a badge of honor: Smith is nothing if not self-deprecating.
    Whether you will like Jay and Silent Bob depends on who you are. Most movies are made for everybody. Kevin Smith's movies are either made specifically for you, or specifically not made for you.