Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

6.1

1. Nov 28, 2012
    Although the plot and lead character is fair enough, I only wish the rest of the characters were as humorous as they were animated.
  2. May 25, 2012
    The plot was close to ridiculous, the graphics are great, the voice acting was good and some scenes are cheesy and too predictable. Overall, a good film especially for kids....
  3. ChadS.
    Jan 8, 2002
    More often than not, the striking (is there any other kind?) 3-D computer animation compensates for the kid-centric storyline and dialogue, but never does "Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius" achieve, or even make an attempt at transcendence of the family picture genre. Still worth a look though, even if you're Ponette-free.
  4. JakeM.
    Jul 3, 2002
    This is a fruity movie. It has the vibe of Toy Story, but just aimed more at the audience of kids, instead of everyone. And the fact that N'sync has a song in the movie should say it all. But it was just a fun movie.
  5. MichelleP.
    Nov 10, 2002
    I thought the jokes in this film were very first-rate (I was laughing so hard I was crying) and the dog Gardar was adorable (I love dogs.) But the plot was a bit extreme with the little kids going into outer space and everything. Jimmy needs a better haircut, the setting needs a better look, the animation needs better detail, and the movie needs a better plot.

This little charmer both celebrates and kids the corny conventions of family sitcoms.
    It doesn't have the little in-jokes that make "Shrek" and "Monsters, Inc." fun for grown-ups. But adults who appreciate the art of animation may enjoy the look of the picture.
  3. A lickety-split, madly packed, roller-coaster entertainment that might almost have been designed to make you scared of how much smarter your kids are than you.