6.3

1. Lyn
    Jul 19, 2014
    I hope that fans of the HBO series "In Treatment" will find this movie. It's probably of greatest interest to us armchair psychology types who are fascinated by what makes people tick. It is talky,of course, and could be better edited. But I found it a fascinating exploration of how a person's experience can lead to debilitating psychic and physical symptoms -- and how he can recover. TheI hope that fans of the HBO series "In Treatment" will find this movie. It's probably of greatest interest to us armchair psychology types who are fascinated by what makes people tick. It is talky,of course, and could be better edited. But I found it a fascinating exploration of how a person's experience can lead to debilitating psychic and physical symptoms -- and how he can recover. The lead actors, Benicio del Toro and Mathieu Amalric, are so amazing ... BDT grave and searching, MA mercurial and insightful ... that it's impossible to picture anyone else in their roles. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Matt Zoller Seitz
    Feb 14, 2014
    The movie offers the most psychologically complex screen portrait of a Native American character in at least twenty years, probably more.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark Jenkins
    Feb 14, 2014
    And if the narrative does drag in places, Amalric and Del Toro could hardly be better; the contrast between their styles fits ideally the characters of excitable analyst and impassive patient.
  3. Reviewed by: A.O. Scott
    Feb 13, 2014
    This is a calm film about strong emotions, but it does find a reservoir of intensity in the two central performances, in particular Mr. Del Toro’s.