7.5

1. Jun 22, 2014
    If you like movies about drunks and degenerates then you'll love this movie. I couldn't figure out the point of this movie even though it was completely predictable. The whole time I kept thinking it had to get better, since it had high ratings, but it never did. Makes me think these rating are scammed.
  2. May 17, 2014
    Yes it looks and feels very real but this movie is really not as good as people say, its actually quite boring. I couldn't even make it to the end! Nick cage gives a good performance but unfortunally its not enough to keep you engaged.

1. Reviewed by: David Hughes
    Jul 21, 2014
    An understated Nicolas Cage — there’s a phrase you don’t get to write too often these days — anchors a superbly realised film, which, like its eponymous hero, has a brittle outer shell concealing a surprisingly warm heart.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    May 16, 2014
    The result is intense and powerful, a full-color portrait of the importance of never surrendering.
  3. Reviewed by: Geoff Pevere
    May 2, 2014
    None of this would work with anywhere near the power it does without Nicolas Cage, whom Green has smartly cast in this sometimes maddeningly erratic and ill-disciplined actor’s most perfectly suited role since "Leaving Las Vegas" and "Adaptation."