7.4

1. Jan 11, 2014
    The movie's message is heartfelt (no pun intended), and Denzel Washington gives a marginal performance, but there's something missing from John Q: Memorability.
  2. Dec 18, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto, tuvo drama."John Q" tiene un drama no tan intenso, sino un drama aburrido, pero los problemas que tiene el protagonista y sus formas de solucionarlos hace que la pelicula sea entretenida.
  3. Aug 26, 2013
    The directing has gone into overdrive with its message and use of music and scenery. And not in a good way, although the acting is good. The writing just feels tacked on and unoriginal.
  4. Mar 22, 2013
    A crowd-pleasing film that is shamelessly exploitative and manipulative. Denzel does his best, but his performance alone cannot lift a script so recklessly sappy.
  5. Feb 24, 2013
    The underrated Denzel Washington, gives an Oscar worthy performance as John Q, a man willing to do anything to save the life of his son. This movie shows two things. How heartless the rich and powerful can truly be and how one man can make a difference. This is a powerful movie that shows how strong the relationship between father and son can be and just how important it is for every person in the country to have health care. Expand
  6. Nov 27, 2011
    I thought it was a good film. It does take a little to get into and its a little boring at first but in the end its well worth it. I really enjoyed it and I think many others would as well.
  7. Oct 5, 2011
    "oh dad, im a cute little boy who loves my family and now im sick, please feel sorry for me and make the doctors fix me" - "We dont have enough money son because I have a crappy job and the man is out to ruin our lives" blah blah
  8. Aug 29, 2011
    I'm pretty sure this was written as a comedy and then the director thought he could get Denzel two Oscars. It's the only explanation for a film this simultaneously ridiculous, preposterous, and incredibly earnest.

So lacking in shame that it finally seems laughable.
  2. This is an A-list cast toiling on a C-list screenplay.
  3. Not a movie but a live-action agitprop cartoon so shameless and coarse, it's almost funny.