6.2

1. SophiaK.
    Aug 1, 2006
    The trailer blows a lot of big jokes, but there are a lot more. Also, you think you know the ending from the trailer and during the movie, but it goes in a totally different direction. Well done!
  2. MichelleC.
    Aug 6, 2006
    If you don't like this movie I would seriously question why you went in the first place. This is very true to the trailers. It is campy, fun and hilarious. Sophia Bush as the "Vegan Chick" rocks!
  3. JasonW.
    Jul 29, 2006
    Look, you know what to expect going in. It's a totally fun comedy (with a really hot cast) and a good time.
  4. JonR.
    Aug 1, 2006
    Frickin' Hilarious. Sophia Bush is superhot...and funny too! Who knew that the former Mrs. Chad Michael Murray was actually talented? I know I didn't until this movie! If you love 80s teen comedies...than JTMD is the movie for you. If you hate them, then go see something else.
  5. MimiT.
    Sep 7, 2006
    BRILLIANT!!!!!
  6. Ek-oD.
    Nov 22, 2006
    Predictable.
  7. KadyB.
    Jul 28, 2006
    Saw it at a midnight show - theater was sold out and everyone had a blast! Jesse is super adorable, the story was funny & cute!
  8. JonC.
    Jul 30, 2006
    save yourself some time and don't watch this movie. Unless your a 6th grade girl who is "interested" in this kind of garbage. if you liked this movie, you should also check out Bio-Dome, and Gigli.
  9. MarkN.
    Aug 4, 2006
    This movie was clearly made for 12-year-old girls, or high school students in the remedial classes. It didn't make me laugh once or hold my attention.
  10. Callan
    Aug 1, 2007
    I give this movie a 10because tis movie has a grea story line!!! guys don't need to think that they can use girls like that, and take advantage of them!! i have a guy at my school that we are about to do this to, and i will be playing the role of, Kate!! bottom line..this movie is amazing!!
  11. JohnB.
    Jul 29, 2006
    The big time critics seem to think that "Die" in the title of a teen flick promises a Heathers-type black comedy. Not delivering on that promise confuses them, so they lash out with negativity. JTMD is not a cynical Heathers clone for the ultra hip, but it is also not a Disneyfied dose of corn syrup. Yes, the actors are all very attractive, but they are supposed to represent the top of The big time critics seem to think that "Die" in the title of a teen flick promises a Heathers-type black comedy. Not delivering on that promise confuses them, so they lash out with negativity. JTMD is not a cynical Heathers clone for the ultra hip, but it is also not a Disneyfied dose of corn syrup. Yes, the actors are all very attractive, but they are supposed to represent the top of the High School food chain. Cheerleaders and basketball stars should be pretty. JTMD is a guaranteed good time at the movies, and you will come out smiling. There's nothing wrong with that. If you want to be smacked up side the head by the world's problems go see "An Inconvenient Truth". Expand
  12. PaulK.
    Jul 31, 2006
    There are definitely some laughs to be found here. Nothing about this stands out, but if you're a sucker for movies like Mean Girls, Clueless, or teen comedies in general this should be worth your while in the theater or on video.
  13. JaclynW.
    Aug 11, 2006
    This movie is a perfect 10! I had a smile upon my face throughout the entire movie. It is closely related to the hilarious Mean Girls. I must say though, being a younger person, that I would recommend this movie to people 12-18.
  14. Myles#13
    Aug 24, 2006
    Really good movie with a lot of comedy but that wasn't the only good part of the movie. I also really liked the ending, definitely not what you'd expect.
  15. Mase
    Aug 5, 2006
    Desperatley wants to be "mean girls" but comes closer to the dredful "she's the man" from earlier this year. Not entirely unwatchable, has it's moments. But somehow feels like a pale imitator of wittier teen movies from the past. The cast is game and Jenny Mcarthy unfortunatley underutalized as a sexy mom.
  16. MarkB.
    Aug 7, 2006
    A curious measurement of this failed romcom-with-deeper-aspirations' ineptitude is that although its female lead is completely miscast, at the end of the day this movie still proves itself to be completely unworthy of her. Any actress who looks and sounds so much like she could pass for Sarah Michelle Gellar's little sister has no business playing the class wallflower, but A curious measurement of this failed romcom-with-deeper-aspirations' ineptitude is that although its female lead is completely miscast, at the end of the day this movie still proves itself to be completely unworthy of her. Any actress who looks and sounds so much like she could pass for Sarah Michelle Gellar's little sister has no business playing the class wallflower, but Brittany Snow is nevertheless so likable and appealing as the girl who inspires and is the key player in a revenge plot against a three-timing jock (Jesse Metcalfe) that she completely transcends her material, which is admittedly not a Herculean task. No, the movie doesn't have to be a pitch-black gem like Heathers in order to work on its own level, but would merely being one-tenth as good as Mean Girls, a movie that really had the courage of its convictions, have been too much to ask? Leaving aside for a moment the fact that the movie's only good gag (involving thong underwear) was in the preview (where it was much better edited) and that it features the cheesiest-looking high school I've ever seen in a release that didn't go straight to video, and that JENNY McCARTHY (!!) is called upon to deliver the Author's Message, John Tucker wimps out at every turn:it has the spine of the title characters of Snakes on a Plane and the balls of an overly progressive school that completely axed its P. E. program. The frequently capable Betty Thomas (The Brady Bunch Movie, Private Parts) substitutes real comic bite with stupidly cruel jokes about maimed chem-lab partners and heartbroken waitresses, and wraps the whole sorry mess up with a let's-get-everybody-together-and-preach-at-them finale reminiscent of 1987's Can't Buy Me love, except in that case it at least came off as sincere and heartfelt while this is just...desperate. Speaking of which, if you're a 15-year-old girl (or maybe a gay man) whose main rationale for seeing this is to watch Metcalfe with his shirt off, why not just rent out and rewatch the entire first season of Desperate Housewives on DVD? Even at 16 hours plus, trust me...it'll seem shorter. Expand
  17. JordanG.
    Sep 27, 2006
    This movie was horrible. About a no-good guy who cheats on girls. Then they get him back. Predictable, obvious, not funny in the least bit! This movie was made for high school guys to envy Tucker. Absolutely horrible! If I ever see the director I
  18. PradRay
    Jan 14, 2007
    what is it with these American high school movies, that they try and have some 'big' moral at the end of them, which is barely a moral, don't lie to girls to get them into bed?' are American teenagers really this stupid? if i was an American teenager id feel pretty ashamed that this sort of trash is being constantly thrown at me. CLUELESS is a classic, as it mocks what is it with these American high school movies, that they try and have some 'big' moral at the end of them, which is barely a moral, don't lie to girls to get them into bed?' are American teenagers really this stupid? if i was an American teenager id feel pretty ashamed that this sort of trash is being constantly thrown at me. CLUELESS is a classic, as it mocks stupidity but since then we get one after another of this unintelligent rubbish, where the kids are actually portrayed as real American teenagers. It must be true, Americans really do have a terrible education system. 4 for being entertaining. but for god sake stop treating kids like morons. Collapse
  19. MafTan
    Sep 15, 2007
    Pretty good and funny.
  20. BrianB.
    Jul 26, 2006
    Not gonna win an Oscar, but I laughed more than I laughed at any movie this summer. And that's what you expect going in. Plus, the cast is super hot.
  21. AbesA.
    Sep 29, 2006
    I love Sophia Bush! She
  22. Mar 8, 2011
    In truth, not a bad movie. However, I agree with people who have said it is trying to be too much like Mean Girls. The plot was somewhat predictable in the fact that you knew what was going to happen with Kate and Tucker. Despite the predictable elements, the script is well written and the film on the whole isn't TOO bad.
  23. Dec 2, 2011
    Bottom Line: This film is dumb. D-U-M-B, dumb.

There are three aspects to a comedy that should immediately tell you itâ
  24. Feb 24, 2013
    OK, let me say this... John Tucker is no prize, neither is the guy who played him. They could have done so much more and found 1000 better actors to play him. It wasn't a bad movie. It would have been better had the actors actually been high school students and not mid-late 20s actors/actresses. The story was simple, the acting was decent, and it had its funny moment, I defiantly lovedOK, let me say this... John Tucker is no prize, neither is the guy who played him. They could have done so much more and found 1000 better actors to play him. It wasn't a bad movie. It would have been better had the actors actually been high school students and not mid-late 20s actors/actresses. The story was simple, the acting was decent, and it had its funny moment, I defiantly loved your fashion sense John haha. It's worth checking out, but far from Oscar worthy. Expand

Revenge movies often end with the message that vengeance is empty and futile, but it's never encouraging when revenge seems pointless from the start.
  2. Whatever the target demographic was in the pre-production phase, now it's limited to sexually active 14-year-olds still retaking the sixth grade.
  3. Reviewed by: Gregory Kirschling
    Astonishingly (and offensively), the witless ending comes down harder on the women than the cad.