7.6

1. Sep 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I consider this movie as one of my all time favourite movies, and also Robin Williams as one of my favourite actors.

This is the story of Alan Parish who finds a board game, which unknown to him releases the inhabititants of the game, depending on the role of the dice.
    While playing the game with a girl called Sarah from his street, they both decide to stop playing the game, but Alan un-wittingly throws the dice, and the game punishes him, by sucking him into the game with the message ' In the jungle you must wait, till the dice reads five or eight'.
    Many years later Judy & Peter who have moved into Alans house, find the game, and begin playing it, and Peter eventually throws an eight, thus releasing alan from the game.
    What follows in an action paced film, with great special effects.

If you want to watch a great film then get this one.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    Robin Williams has played in quite a few crappy movies. Thankfully, this isn't a crappy movie. It has memerable use of jungle animals in a city. Its also kinda funny.
  3. Sep 2, 2012
    Jumanji is an extremely enjoyable movie. Love the action scenes and everything in between. Great cast and for movie about a board game it was very creative.
  4. Sep 2, 2012
    I didn't know this movie got such bad reviews. I thought it was excellent. Love all the actors and is such a fun movie. There is a whole lot going on in this movie, and it is just exciting.
  5. Aug 30, 2013
    Fantastic entertainment, great action, amazing visuals (even to this day), beautiful music (by the great James Horner) and great acting (by all cast members- especially Williams). An awesome Thrill movie!!!
  6. Jul 5, 2014
    I saw this movie when it first came out and I loved it! Saw it many times over on TV, always entertaining! It's 2014, just saw it again with my 11 years old child and she loves it, too! Great entertaining movie that doesn't age! Fun, entertaining, and everything else!

The script boasts more writers than the computerized menagerie's got megabytes, but they haven't come up with much variety or humor in what is essentially a string of catastrophes.
    The film is a gloomy special-effects extravaganza filled with grotesque images, generating fear and despair.
    Jumanji takes approximately one-hundred minutes for four people to play a board game. The result isn't much more fun or involving than watching a few friends play Monopoly.