5.2

1. May 19, 2011
    I think the movie was quite enjoyable. What I sometimes do not understand are the casting choices. There was a chick he picked up in a bar in London, she should have played the main female character. A hundred times more attractive and hot than that small ugly chick they finally selected. Special effects were great, I did not feel the need to zap away or take a nap once, and that says a lot !
  2. Feb 25, 2013
    Jumper is the first film from a trilogy of books by Steven Gould, and while I loved this film, most critics panned it. The story centers around a young Davey (Hayden Christensen), who during a life-threatening event, come to realize he has the power to teleport wherever he wants. Unbeknownst to Davey, he is a member of a group of genetically superior humans known as Jumpers, who are currently at war with a religious organization, that believes their power is evil. What starts out as a simple kid having fun and trying to impress, becomes a fight for survival in this amazing action thriller. You can always tell when a story is adapted from a book, rather than an original screenplay, because the story tends to be more thought out. Not to say screenplays are bad, but when a story isn't made simply to be a movie, it tends to be much more focused on the story, where as screenplays have to worry about the story as well as the aesthetics. Nevertheless, Jumper isn't just another shoot 'em story, it's the perfect mix of action and drama with some outstanding performances. I love Hayden Christensen, who I think is made for roles like this, he has this cool demeanor to him, that's more clever than arrogant. Jamie Bell is also terrific as Griffin, a fellow jumper Davey meets along the way, and he provides some much needed comic relief. ...and then there's Samuel L. Jackson. What is there to say about Jackson that hasn't already been said? The man is a legend. This film is interesting, unique, fast-paced, and even funny. I loved every minute of Jumper and if Sci-Fi is your thing, you will too! Expand

It may be mindless and sexless and humorless, but Jumper jumps.
    The best stuff in Jumper comes early, while the movie is still busy explaining its scenario. It's only when all the pieces are in place and the story actually kicks in that things start to fall apart, and quickly.
    It's a feature-length teaser for a never-to-be sci-fi franchise.