Fox Searchlight Pictures | Release Date: December 5, 2007
Universal acclaim based on 1207 Ratings
1,007
WATCH NOW
Aaron_WassermanJun 1, 2016
This movie is very good! A story about a pregnant teenager is a touching one, and a very real one. The movie handles this in a really good way and is such a fun and emotional movie to watch.
AaronWasserman1Apr 11, 2016
I really enjoy this movie, it isn't like your typical comedy. It is far more intelligent than that, and is filled with great performances, especially Simmons, Garner, and Page.
ydnar4Mar 8, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Juno is one of the best independent films ever. It really has a story that you really wouldn't expect to be that unique but it is so innovative. You don't have to be a hipster to love Juno but it may help. Ellen Page is outstanding in this film and its unfortunate that she didn't really get a real chance to be a comedy star like she was in this film. She is really funny and the character suits her so well.

Beside Page you have several note worthy names like Michael Cera, Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman and JK Simmons. The whole cast is great but Diablo Cody's script is as much the star as anyone in the film. The story avoids clichés and there are so many moments where the dialogue is exceptional which explains why this movie won an Oscar for its screenplay.

The only issue that I have with Juno is Jason Bateman's absence in during the ending. I'm not always a big fan of Jason Bateman but he was so good in this movie and he avoided falling into the same character that he always plays but he was still super likeable despite deserting his wife right before they are going to adopt a baby. Bateman's character left pretty late in the film and I wasn't expecting him to kiss and make up but I think he should have at least been involved in the film's ending. Juno is still great though and I can't believe I waited so long to watch it.
hanneguacamoleDec 1, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Juno's cute, quirky aesthetic really brings the whole film to life. Each character – even the minor ones – seem to be well-developed and have their own unique attributes. Juno's life is so strange that it would never be real, but that's the charm. This fantastical girl facing a real problem, therefore bringing the deeper topic of teenage pregnancy to a forefront.

"She's just different." "You know it wasn't his idea." Being pregnant with BEAKER'S baby? Who woulda thought! Certainly not anyone who had met Beaker – making their relationship even more the comical. Juno and Bleaker's relationship is so accurate with its miniscule social interactions. They're in high school so neither of them knows how to deal with a baby. That's where the adoptive parents come in.

Juno is naïve, she's innocent. She doesn't know that her "relationship" with Mark will cause her to lose her faith in love. She's just a spunky teenager that likes to talk and make friends. Even though the Lorings split up, possible due to Juno, it's not sad. The way in which each major event comes about brings nothing but humor and youthfulness. "Why are you over here right now?" It's because Juno is Juno. The movie is as unique as the girl and that message shines through.
kyle20ellisSep 28, 2015
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great movie. Amazing performances by Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Allison Janney, J.K. Simmons & Jennifer Garner. I'm surprised to see some of the hate in the User Comments. Can you bitter schmucks actually gave this movie a 2? I'd love to see what Michael B., Sara E. & Aaron S. think is an 8. Or a 5. Those are three metacritic readers that rate good movies lower to get their twisted kicks... Expand
E_blissJun 9, 2015
Light-hearted comedy with a great performance from Ellen Page. Not too cliched and has a well written story-line. I think whether you are a teenager or an adult this film definitely appeals to all audiences.
SpangleJan 8, 2015
A realistic and touching depiction of teenage pregnancy, Juno is a real winner. Ellen Page is a shining star here in a powerhouse performance where she truly commands the screen. Michael Cera is his typical hilariously awkward self here,A realistic and touching depiction of teenage pregnancy, Juno is a real winner. Ellen Page is a shining star here in a powerhouse performance where she truly commands the screen. Michael Cera is his typical hilariously awkward self here, while J.K. Simmons would have had my favorite performance here, if not for Page's turn in the lead role. The writing is very strong and some of the exchanges here were absolutely hilarious. The characters all also very well-written and feel like authentic 16 year olds. The direction from Jason Reitman is also very good and the story is very well told here. The title sequence was also one of the coolest I have seen. I usually do not notice that too much, but here, it was really well done and the music was perfect for it. Finally, I typically do not find comedies that funny for whatever reason, but here, I was laughing quite often. The film was a great blend of drama and comedy and it was refreshing for me to find a film that I found to be 50/50 in that regard, rather than a dramedy that never really makes me laugh. Overall, really authentic coming of age film that strikes a chord without question. Expand
Gamer147Oct 31, 2014
What an awesome movie. Smooth, delicious and fun was the story, yet not all that special. A seven, maybe an eight, if not for the wonderful cast, whom I happen to adore. Michael Cera and Ellen Page are by far (next to Brad Pitt) my favoriteWhat an awesome movie. Smooth, delicious and fun was the story, yet not all that special. A seven, maybe an eight, if not for the wonderful cast, whom I happen to adore. Michael Cera and Ellen Page are by far (next to Brad Pitt) my favorite actors, both so uniquely good at the roles they play (Ellen having a bit of a wider range, Michael portraying his character oh-so-awesomely, they both make an excellent team, one that I absolutely cherish!).
So fun, and real and raw at the same time at certain moments. More of Ellen Page. And Michael Cera. And Brad Pitt (but that's off the record).
timrichieOct 19, 2014
Only surpassed by No Country for Old Men, Juno is one of the best movies not only in 2007 but in the whole decade, due to a marvelous performance by Ellen page and masterful direction by Jason Reitman.
beingryanjudeAug 27, 2014
Juno is a charmer. I'm not only talking about Ellen Page as Juno MacGuff, but Juno as a whole. It's an intelligent comedy that only comes around every couple of years.
fab792Dec 2, 2013
honestly in all its simplicity i like this movie ver much Maybe a little overarated but ellen page e michael cera in particolary have done a wonderful work credit to them .
Recommended for all
ShepardNaturalOct 18, 2013
Very cool movie!!! Great acting and the plot is not tired. Look!!!
the film is about a strong girl who overcomes the difficulties of life and learn new things) Film with a deep meaning which will transform your life and you'll never the same.
KivaAug 20, 2013
Juno was a good movie. I wasn't surprised but I was a little disappointed as I expected a little more from that movie as the reviews from the critics and the users are high. It has a great cast especially Ellen's Page performance which shouldJuno was a good movie. I wasn't surprised but I was a little disappointed as I expected a little more from that movie as the reviews from the critics and the users are high. It has a great cast especially Ellen's Page performance which should have been awarded with an Oscar. The plot wasn't something really amazing but the whole film was entertaining It had some funny moments and some quite a bit sad moments. It is entertaining and easily watched and if you like this kind of comedies you will like it. I liked it but I was expecting more.. Expand
TheWalrus2000Mar 11, 2013
Juno is the ultimate teen movie, Jaspon Reitman clearly shows how much he understands teens lifestyle, thoughts, and humor. It provides fun and lovable performances and a wonderful plot that sooth the hearts of audiences everywhere.
Compi24Nov 28, 2012
Jason Reitman's "Juno" is a dramedy about a teenager (Page) who faces an unplanned pregnancy and decides to put her unborn child up for adoption. Now, I've heard a lot of good buzz about "Juno" since it's 2007 release, and I've been ratherJason Reitman's "Juno" is a dramedy about a teenager (Page) who faces an unplanned pregnancy and decides to put her unborn child up for adoption. Now, I've heard a lot of good buzz about "Juno" since it's 2007 release, and I've been rather excited to finally see it. First off, I can say that the film itself is pretty good. I enjoyed most of the aspects of it. The acting on all fronts is great. Ellen Page is hilarious as the titular character, and Michael Cera is equally as funny as her awkward friend. The facet of the movie that I admired the most was the film's brilliant, Academy Award-Winning script written by Diablo Cody. I found every line in this movie to be delightfully unique, and Cody's use of modern dialogue devices really helps to give this movie a certain authenticity. Although this movie is labelled a comedy, I found it to be more of a heartfelt drama love story - especially towards the end. Overall, I felt that "Juno" was a very sweet addition to the comedy genre. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 17, 2012
The dialogue rattles off so sharply and originally, you can't help but be entranced by Juno's wit. It also has an emotional core, and some genuine heartwarming moments. Reitman, like Alexander Payne, is a master of the human comedy.
Trev29Sep 1, 2012
So unique. Quirky, awkward, and just great. Best picture?...... no. However, it provided a tender message that had a lasting impact. You have to appreciate the weirdness of this film or you will not like it.
MovieBuff36Aug 28, 2012
Ellen Page shines as Juno MacGuff! She delivers a bright and shiny performance. I don't know if many audience members are aware of this, but Diablo Cody, who wrote the screenplay for this film was inspired by her life when she was 16 andEllen Page shines as Juno MacGuff! She delivers a bright and shiny performance. I don't know if many audience members are aware of this, but Diablo Cody, who wrote the screenplay for this film was inspired by her life when she was 16 and pregnant in which it shows exactly what can happen during pregnancy and how it can guiltily affect your boyfriend that got you pregnant from sexual intercourse. Juno MacGuff acts like she doesn't care if she's pregnant, but she was smart about it and she does act like she is facing the challenges of being pregnant and she still does care about her boyfriend, Paul Bleeker (Michael Cera). Paul Bleeker still cared about her also. He felt guilty about getting her pregnant, but they still love each other and Page and Cera play cool characters. But what's great is the coming-of-age-type of love story between the two where they have great and intelligent chemistry with each other. And where the film's soul comes from is from the strong character development between the two from start to finish and where she faces a lot of hard decisions about being pregnant around her family and friends and between giving it up for adoption or the other. And strangely enough, it was romantically funny between the two. It's directed like a sitcom, but Jason Reitman makes a wonderful image out of it; especially the hilarious and moving performances of Michael Cera and Ellen Page and the impressive dialogue. Juno MacGuff (Ellen Page) is obnoxious as hell, but Ellen Page was great at her emotions and her obnoxious, yet very smart and intelligently written script. And hey, thanks to Diablo Cody's writing that was inspired by her 16 and pregnant life, it was well done with Juno MacGuff's smartitude, because her smartitude is what made her smart about her pregnancy. Diablo Cody's writing is also what made the script intelligently clever, smart, and not funny but beyond that: Hilarious! To give the audience an experience of being pregnant during high school, it gets the job done with impressive writing from Diablo Cody that made it so smart and intelligent. The love story between Juno and Paul was well-inspired. Especially due to the fact they played great characters. If you hate this wonderful movie, I would feel bad for you because where is your soul? Let me remind you haters this is a very touching movie that gives you clues of what being 16 and pregnant is like since it shows exactly what can happen when a some is pregnant - even when she gave birth and the guilt her boyfriend faced. Besides, wasn't it emotionally intense when she gave birth? Because this film shows how pregnancy can be in every way effective. Besides, It is romantically funny between Juno and Paul, so don't underestimate their character development and chemistry either, because hating this movie would be just soulless. Besides, like I said, she is obnoxious as hell, but she is cool like that, she's bright, sweet, charmingly and cleverly funny, smart, and intelligent. You would be an idiot to underestimate Juno MacGuff's awesome personality. Also, DO NOT underestimate Diablo Cody's superb writing and/or the romantic development between Juno and Paul either! Even if you hate the film considering Juno to be annoying, you are still an idiot, because she is very cool like Ellen Page. One of the coolest things about her is hamburger phone: that was clever as hell! I honestly think Juno was flawed, but thanks to Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody, writing and acting inspired from life of someone (yes, Diablo Cody) who was pregnant at age 16 gives it a coherent soul to captives your heart into a wonderfully explanatory experience of teenage pregnancy - especially since it shows how teenage pregnancy can be both personally and emotionally effective - even on your friends and family - well done by it's sweet and charming qualities - and Ellen Page, who helped made it sweet and charming due to her character and performance. Thank her and the rest of the cast also! And you know what, how can you hate this? You would be a disgrace to hate it. This movie has soul and it would be the perfect movie to watch in Health class in High School to give students clues of teenage pregnancy. Hating this movie, would be soulless. Shame on ANYONE who hates Juno! And yes, I mean you also! You haters would just make me sick! Although you haters may find Juno annoying: She is actually very sweet and clever! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE HER and/or Ellen Page. Especially Diablo Cody's writing. That would just make you haters inconsiderate with no soul. And haters, have you seen the show 16 and Pregnant on MTV? If so, that TV show ACTUALLY shows what I mentioned about teen pregnancy before and depicts it between Juno & Paul. I would also like to point out again that the screenplay of this film was inspired by Diablo Cody's life as a 16 year-old pregnant girl so think twice before you hate. Expand
MyffubsJun 26, 2012
Juno is the sort of film that is hampered by aspects of its approach, yet surprisingly winning in its outcome. Ellen Page stars as the titular Juno MacGuff, who becomes pregnant after, well, having sex. She could be termed quirky and is a bitJuno is the sort of film that is hampered by aspects of its approach, yet surprisingly winning in its outcome. Ellen Page stars as the titular Juno MacGuff, who becomes pregnant after, well, having sex. She could be termed quirky and is a bit of a wiseass -- especially for someone who forgets basic biology -- but the performance makes her disarmingly likable. Juno of course decides to have the baby and to then give it up for adoption, and the film follows her through the remaining course of her pregnancy. Director Jason Reitman's previous Thank You for Smoking was justly praised, and here he has created an equally enjoyable experience. Diablo Cody's script is perhaps a little too self conscious -- would anyone ever use the phrase "honest to blog"? -- but she shows a knack for creating memorable characters with occasionally humorous dialogue. The proceedings are definitely aided by a talented cast. Michael Cera shines here with his unique meek charm as the, um, baby-daddy. J.K. Simmons and Allison Janney have excellent bit parts as Juno's father and stepmother. However the majority of the acting credit must go to both Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner as the potential adoptive parents, and who provide valid dramatic counterpoints to the otherwise sweet comedy in the foreground. Though the self-congratulatory wittiness may grate some and the twee-filled soundtrack may prove taxing to others -- plenty may fall into both categories -- Juno ends up coming together nicely on just about every level. Expand
JaySupertrampFeb 6, 2012
Ellen Page in her best acting so far. This movie is brilliant from the first minute on. It is not so funny I expected ... it comes more like a dramedy though this is what makes this film even better! Brilliant acting and plot.
hoops2448Oct 18, 2011
I recently bought a triple pack containing Juno, Little Miss Sunshine and Waitress. These are all 3 fine films that effortlessly portray strong female characters at multiple ages and classes while also bringing so much more to the table.I recently bought a triple pack containing Juno, Little Miss Sunshine and Waitress. These are all 3 fine films that effortlessly portray strong female characters at multiple ages and classes while also bringing so much more to the table. Although it is not my favourite of the bunch (that would be Waitress) Juno exemplifies a film that flies high on its own adorableness but still shows that it is remarkably self aware, intelligent and funny as hell.
Juno tells the story of (oddly enough) Juno Macguff (Ellen Page who at the age of 16 gets pregnant by her boyfriend Paulie Bleeker (Michael Cera) and decides to give it up for adoption to a middle class couple (Jennifer Garner & Jason Bateman) with the help of her parents (Allison Janney & J.K Simmons).
Page manages to thrive on the incredibly solid script bringing to life the character who is shown to be incredibly smart, independent and authentic. If anything the other cast member who does as good a job is Jennifer Garner who portrays Vanessa so brilliantly that this highly strung, obsessive and quite frankly domineering becomes funny and enchanting. Batemans Mark also brings a commanding performance as a man who just hasn't grown up, with him in some ways being more immature than Juno despite the fact he is 20 years older.
The rest of the cast bring some great comedy to the mix with Simmons and Janney both bringing their great comic timing while also providing a foil for Juno as she struggles with her pregnancy. The scenes between Janney and Page are especially good with displays of such affection handled so delicately and subtly. The film works from a fantastic script and is all brought together by director Jason Reitman who conveys so much through what isn't shown as well as his extremely honest direction of the actors, especially towards the end. Juno does not disappoint at all, in fact its nine months I'd happily watch again and again.
Spielberg00Sep 15, 2011
Starring the actress we know from INCEPTION and WHIP IT and the actor we know from SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD and SUPERBAD, JUNO is a ridiculously funny comedy about an unplanned teen pregnancy. When I rented it, even though it was nominatedStarring the actress we know from INCEPTION and WHIP IT and the actor we know from SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD and SUPERBAD, JUNO is a ridiculously funny comedy about an unplanned teen pregnancy. When I rented it, even though it was nominated for a few Oscars and was highly praised review-wise, I feared that it would be an "indie" twist on the usual dumb-humor farce; but it's extremely simple to say that that's not at all what this was. It was an amazing blend of controversy and laughs that, quite surprisingly, weren't from raunchiness or crudeness, but rather from the cleverness of the plot and sub-plots altogether. Expand
jAbMaNJan 31, 2011
Very funny PG-13 movie and Ellen Page plays the greatest role on the movie. Also, the soundtrack is amazing and all of the jokes on the movie are hilarious.
jp992751Jan 26, 2011
For what it is...it passes. Not sure I agree with the subject matter or how it was handled by the characters , but Ellen Page came of as charming despite her offbeat personality and Michael Cera continues to slowly grow on me. It may not be aFor what it is...it passes. Not sure I agree with the subject matter or how it was handled by the characters , but Ellen Page came of as charming despite her offbeat personality and Michael Cera continues to slowly grow on me. It may not be a straight up comedy as some suggest but it does have its moments of laugh out loud dialogue and situations. Juno seems more fit for a selective audience but as an indie film I have to say that I rather enjoyed it. Expand
FDT44Jan 10, 2011
Coming-of-age story told with remarkable witt, adroitness, authenticity, and essence. The dialogue is thorough and adept without losing its younger viewers. "Juno" is a smart comedy/drama that, at times, comes across a bit brusque, but winsComing-of-age story told with remarkable witt, adroitness, authenticity, and essence. The dialogue is thorough and adept without losing its younger viewers. "Juno" is a smart comedy/drama that, at times, comes across a bit brusque, but wins your heart through the 9 month journey of a teen-made-mom facing the astringent sociological and physiological effects of a "fly-by-night" decision. However, instances of quixotic support from parents and quirky relationships make "Juno" less believable, and more Hollywood than you would like to see, but manages to keep your attention long enough through Page's brilliant performance. Expand
juliankleissJan 7, 2011
Reminds us that there are alternatives to abortion. Also helps during one's search for identity by encouraging to just be oneself. Suggests not to chase a fancy lover, but be with the one who cares - the best friend. Fast paced, very likable,Reminds us that there are alternatives to abortion. Also helps during one's search for identity by encouraging to just be oneself. Suggests not to chase a fancy lover, but be with the one who cares - the best friend. Fast paced, very likable, and sometimes beautiful. Expand
FitriAmirrolNov 19, 2010
Juno is outstandingly scripted, wonderfully acted, and despite narrating a rather slow-paced story, it touches on appropriately compelling notes with the right yet subtle amount of poignance, passion and power.
gagaforeverSep 20, 2010
My favorite movie! Ellen Page is the only person who could have done this part. The movie shows how fun life can be, while blending that with the up and down rollercoaster of teenage life. I cried when she had the baby because I knewthatMy favorite movie! Ellen Page is the only person who could have done this part. The movie shows how fun life can be, while blending that with the up and down rollercoaster of teenage life. I cried when she had the baby because I knewthat even though the baby was not going to be brought up by Juno, that she was still eternally, and forever the baby's mother Expand
ERG1008Sep 1, 2010
Teenager gets accidentally pregnant, decides to give the baby to a middle class couple when it's born.
Great film that's full of charm & very sweet.
Great film that's full of charm & very sweet.
Ellen Page is fantastic as the quirky yet very dry Juno. Good supporting cast & a great soundtrack to go with it.
yoyoJun 14, 2009
Very intelligent. Everything they say has a secret joke. There's always something to find out. The more I find out about diablo Cody the more I think she's genius.
hobbitmotherJun 14, 2009
"Juno (the roman god) was suppose to be really beautiful but really mean like diana Ross."- Juno I appreciate that line alot, that bitch. GO Juno. Wonder what diana thought if she watched this movie.
VenicebeachJun 14, 2009
Good, out-of-the-box dialogue that captured my attention till the end. Very moving also. Good movie.
vazzymintJun 14, 2009
Amazing movie, it must be seen by Juno-virgins.
robocopJun 14, 2009
This is so great, this movie use to have a lower grade now it raised. I dont know what it was before. Like a six something. Annoying conversations but really great acting. Overall I enjoyed the movie and it got out of a bad mood which I This is so great, this movie use to have a lower grade now it raised. I dont know what it was before. Like a six something. Annoying conversations but really great acting. Overall I enjoyed the movie and it got out of a bad mood which I really needed at the time. Expand
gilmorechiliJun 14, 2009
Watching movie was the best time had all year long in a movie theater. I luaghed a little bit, felt good the entire time, felt new because I felt influenced by a movie so original and fresh. Can't wait till this movie hits tv so more Watching movie was the best time had all year long in a movie theater. I luaghed a little bit, felt good the entire time, felt new because I felt influenced by a movie so original and fresh. Can't wait till this movie hits tv so more people that didnt care will give a chance since it would be more convenient to see. I'm still extremely happy from the experience. Expand
b-radjonesJun 13, 2009
Love the dialogue and how the mom says to bleeker how they have breakfast for dinner which is his favorite. So true for me also. "My pipe is my mistress in times of sorrow"- Juno.
breakfastbeatsdinnerJun 13, 2009
Had me smiling the whole time. Don't know why people say this movie had a pro-life agenda. Just because she didnt go through with the abortion doesnt mean she pro-life. Pro-choice means you chose and you are open-minded to both options. Had me smiling the whole time. Don't know why people say this movie had a pro-life agenda. Just because she didnt go through with the abortion doesnt mean she pro-life. Pro-choice means you chose and you are open-minded to both options. So if you chose not to FET the abortion it doesnt mean a if a sudden your pro-life. Anyway the movie was moving, new, and entertaing all the way till the end of the credits. The vampire dong is horrible but all the young dudes by Mott the hoople and sea of love by cat power are amazing songs. Expand
Sarahl.Jun 13, 2009
Love this movie. I am a single mother that is passionate about this movie. Very great a. Single parent can be just as good or better than parents. Good job Juno, I love you.
dariana.Jun 13, 2009
I can't believe they mentioned dario argento. I'm 14 years old and everytime I mention him to someone their clueless maybe because he's foreign. I love "suspiria", "the bird with the crystal plummage", "opera", "demons", I can't believe they mentioned dario argento. I'm 14 years old and everytime I mention him to someone their clueless maybe because he's foreign. I love "suspiria", "the bird with the crystal plummage", "opera", "demons", "creepers", "unsane" and I can't wait for the new suspiria. I was so impressed to see Juno know dario argento. He's legendary. Some Teens love old stuff and finally a main character represents that, about time. Very refreshing. Im ecstatic theres a main character repesenting all sorts of different point of views. Totally bitchin. great movie. Expand
sizzlingoodtimeJun 13, 2009
The music had the perfect vibe that accompanied the movie perfectly. The acting made the screenplay completely believable and it was better than good. The dialogue was amazing and truly original. I felt like Juno was a real person by the end The music had the perfect vibe that accompanied the movie perfectly. The acting made the screenplay completely believable and it was better than good. The dialogue was amazing and truly original. I felt like Juno was a real person by the end of the movie. A good friend with benefits. I'm surprised at how heartfelt the movie was. I was dying to see this film and I was correct about feel g that thus movie would be great. Bought the DVD the day after I watched the movie. It was a good two days in a row. Expand
proudparentsJun 13, 2009
Juno caught me offguard. She is really quick, and her wit is extraordinary. Its a real joy to watch. I love little details in movies. Little details in the directing. Little details in the settings. Little details within the characters. Thus Juno caught me offguard. She is really quick, and her wit is extraordinary. Its a real joy to watch. I love little details in movies. Little details in the directing. Little details in the settings. Little details within the characters. Thus movie has all of that but the most small details reside in the screenplay. Really is amazing because everytime you watch the movie you find out something new everytime and that is something pretty much all brilliant movies have. This is the perfect length for a movie like this. It really touched more than I expected. This movie should be on dateline. Expand
MenoftheworldJun 13, 2009
How is this manipulative? This isnt at all. Is was very free with the viewer. I didnt feel pushed to believe something they wanted me to believe at all. I had the freedom to think and the fredom to personalize things and events from the How is this manipulative? This isnt at all. Is was very free with the viewer. I didnt feel pushed to believe something they wanted me to believe at all. I had the freedom to think and the fredom to personalize things and events from the movie. The script is fresh but a little annoying but I still appreciate a gray deal because its a different voice that was needed in hollywood. And Juno the charaecter I felt was a , overall, good rolemodel because even though she was pregnant she was positive and assured herself that everything was going to be okay while trying to make people around her laugh. She's also proud to be unique which is very admirable. She better than most fruitful yukie. Expand
theWombJun 13, 2009
I finally got an e-mail to post a comment. I love this movie. Its different from what if seen before especially dialogue wise. Its great, detailed, and it has a lot of style. Its my favorite film of 2007 for sure. I'm proud this became I finally got an e-mail to post a comment. I love this movie. Its different from what if seen before especially dialogue wise. Its great, detailed, and it has a lot of style. Its my favorite film of 2007 for sure. I'm proud this became so popular and it was extremely successful. Thskyou creators of Juno and a special thank you to miss Cody. Expand
finnedd.Jun 13, 2009
This is much better than whatever fox has ever put out. This is hilarious. Katrina devoorts face had me on the floor. Really had a good time. Regained my respect with the oscars. If course its a ten.
mileyisgarbageJun 13, 2009
Cops arrest me. I've stolen the DVD. Went in the bathroom, ripped it out, and took it. I shouldn't becus I should have paid to show my support for Juno. But I'm giving my support by watching and giving it a ten.
paddymJun 13, 2009
I love the name Juno. It is so perfecto for her. It really is memorable. Its easy to remember the movie for its genuine originality and its main character. I'm proud that hollywood could promote thus and distribute it to many people I love the name Juno. It is so perfecto for her. It really is memorable. Its easy to remember the movie for its genuine originality and its main character. I'm proud that hollywood could promote thus and distribute it to many people everywhere. Thank you, for once, and a FEW more times. Expand
oliviatlJun 13, 2009
Let us hail olivia thirlby! She is completely underrated in this movie. Not one time have I seen a critic mention besides putting her name in parenthesis next to the name leah when saying junos best friend. She was great. My favorite. I Let us hail olivia thirlby! She is completely underrated in this movie. Not one time have I seen a critic mention besides putting her name in parenthesis next to the name leah when saying junos best friend. She was great. My favorite. I loved every scene she was in. She was playful understanding excepting and helpful to Juno. I never see a user review her performance. What the hell? Ellen page was good but olivia deserves some of the spotlight. She handled the dialogue very good, like ellen. I wonder how she would handled Juno if she had that role. She was great. People Pay More Attention To Olivia Thirlby. All hail olivia thirlby. Expand
buggyJuneJun 13, 2009
Loved mclovin, in love with junebug. Just great said the old man. The mirror is smart for agreeing.
unbelievableJun 13, 2009
I've watched this 75 times and I still love. Since I've bought on DVD I've watched it everynight. Its a fu***** wonderful movie. Im looking forward to future diablo works but jennifers body seems kinds stupid but I'll I've watched this 75 times and I still love. Since I've bought on DVD I've watched it everynight. Its a fu***** wonderful movie. Im looking forward to future diablo works but jennifers body seems kinds stupid but I'll find out miself. Expand
math!sucksJun 13, 2009
Jeez o jeez I'm pleased. Saw mall cop. Horrible movie. Didnt laugh once. Watched Juno after it. thank god, he sent me my savior. Best movie I've seem in months. Real unique style. We need more talented strippers, and more skinny ones.
godlyfruitJun 13, 2009
My cousin died. I can't find my Juno DVD. I think he took it with him. I told him I liked it more. What a douche.
buffythesexywitchJun 13, 2009
I'm proud as a person currently holding a vagina that we are represented by a powerful woman. She is confident in herself and is proud of her own uniqueness. She is self-assured and its great to see a female lead like that. I bet if she I'm proud as a person currently holding a vagina that we are represented by a powerful woman. She is confident in herself and is proud of her own uniqueness. She is self-assured and its great to see a female lead like that. I bet if she was a guy more people would be willing to believe in the realism of the film and more people would be accepting. Ridiculous! I love Juno. She is a role model to me. That doesn't mean I'll get pregnant. Smart people get preggers all the time doesn't mean they have no brain. Im inspired by how she bot influenced by the normalcy of the majority of people. I sppluad you Juno. Expand
stanbJun 13, 2009
I can't agree more with the critcs they are completely right. Finally they are correct.
movincarsJun 13, 2009
This is marvelous. I'm astonished by how much I love this movie. I always thought the oscars was dumb to nominate this thing then give it an oscar. The trailer looked horrible even mott the hopple was in it. I missed something but not This is marvelous. I'm astonished by how much I love this movie. I always thought the oscars was dumb to nominate this thing then give it an oscar. The trailer looked horrible even mott the hopple was in it. I missed something but not anymore. It ,ni question in my mind, deserved it oscar win. If it won all four if its nominations I'd be more than happy but out of all the nominations it really deserved best screenplay. Good for you diablo(wats with the name) and I now love ellen page. Expand
StevenrJun 13, 2009
I'm lucky, I've watched"Nobody Knows", "Goodfellas", "Pans Labyrinth", "Hard Candy", "Pulp Fiction", and now "Juno". Its a good life.
mislysmilyJun 13, 2009
Everytime I watch American beauty I follow up with this because it just goes great together. There both very well and its awesome. Its both realistic in there own way. I think I enjoy Juno more. That's why I watch it second like a Everytime I watch American beauty I follow up with this because it just goes great together. There both very well and its awesome. Its both realistic in there own way. I think I enjoy Juno more. That's why I watch it second like a finale. Go watch it if you havent its really well made. Expand
MikeD.Jun 13, 2009
Finally a comedy with unconventional romantic moments isnt corny. None of it is corny. It stays very cool throughout. I appreciate that. Its different and that's refreshing.
jeezcheeseJun 13, 2009
Definatly not a chick flick. It so much more. Its love and originality. Its beauty in how unique life can be I'm grateful I came in contact with this movie. God thank you.
nikelJun 13, 2009
Don't cry for me Argentina because I'm safe with Juno. This is witty and creative. The plot is common but the dialog doesn't belong to this universe. People who complain that Juno isnt realistic. To some people this actually Don't cry for me Argentina because I'm safe with Juno. This is witty and creative. The plot is common but the dialog doesn't belong to this universe. People who complain that Juno isnt realistic. To some people this actually is real and relatable. Besides shed a fictionalized charaecter. How can you complain she's to witty. Thats like saying someone to rich or a tree is too wooden. Whats the problem. Expand
typicalJewJun 13, 2009
Pulling off the blanket and putting it on my wet, naked body and laying down in bed watching this movie is my favorite way to spend night.
peelingonionsJun 13, 2009
Look at her sit down next to leah. Makes me want to suck her toes. I love the scene where leah says I love woody Allen just to impress the teacher. I know kids that do that.
BillCJun 13, 2009
Hated it for a long a** time but I rewatched thrice. Thanks to a friend. Watched it four times. Liked it the 3rd time. Loved it the fourth. Currently its my 5th.
gleem.Jun 13, 2009
Let it be known, Juno has entered and she's damn fine. Like a hooker. You use her and use her and feel great afterwards( not cheap like the who're) and no std's were transmitted and she'll always come back when you want. Let it be known, Juno has entered and she's damn fine. Like a hooker. You use her and use her and feel great afterwards( not cheap like the who're) and no std's were transmitted and she'll always come back when you want. It also for free, Perfect. Expand
LindsayY.Jun 13, 2009
ellen page is extraordinary. No words can describe her snatch or her acting skills. She makes thus movie realistic with her acting, mannerisms, and face acting. An oscar is cumin her way soon. I know it, god told me and my cat told me. She ellen page is extraordinary. No words can describe her snatch or her acting skills. She makes thus movie realistic with her acting, mannerisms, and face acting. An oscar is cumin her way soon. I know it, god told me and my cat told me. She doesn't predict earthquakes she predicts worthy winners. Expand
truebloodJun 13, 2009
A feel-good movie thats like a happy ending strectched into a movie. The music isn't my taste but works well in the movie. Wouldn't touch It without the movie. Love everything else though.
JackRJun 13, 2009
I started watching this movie on my iPod as I was sitting on the toilet. I was releasing. One hour and thirty-six minutes later I was still on the toilet way passed being done. That was the longest time I've ever spent being on a I started watching this movie on my iPod as I was sitting on the toilet. I was releasing. One hour and thirty-six minutes later I was still on the toilet way passed being done. That was the longest time I've ever spent being on a toilet. I enjoyed every moment. I'm now immune to bad smells. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
cokeacolaJun 13, 2009
Much love to the thing in the oven. Very cool movie. The hippyness is a complete caricature to todays youths jargon. The vernacular in this movie is awesome. Love this movie to death. The language is like Picasso. It unrealistic but Much love to the thing in the oven. Very cool movie. The hippyness is a complete caricature to todays youths jargon. The vernacular in this movie is awesome. Love this movie to death. The language is like Picasso. It unrealistic but brilliant. Come on people, let's not complain about a good thing. Expand
juliam.Jun 13, 2009
Let's get one thing straight, pregnancy isn't the hard part raising the child is. People stop complaining about how the baby struggles weren't highlighted enough. It was great. She bike down. Didnt ppl see that scene. Let's get one thing straight, pregnancy isn't the hard part raising the child is. People stop complaining about how the baby struggles weren't highlighted enough. It was great. She bike down. Didnt ppl see that scene. Douche-y-douches. Expand
mr.bluesJun 13, 2009
I'm happy Juno is representing a group of people other people don't know about. I'm from a social group completely devoted to being unique. It promotes diversity. This movie is an advertisement for being original and I'm happy Juno is representing a group of people other people don't know about. I'm from a social group completely devoted to being unique. It promotes diversity. This movie is an advertisement for being original and unconventional when there's no need to have another thing thats common. This movie is the orgasm to my sex. Expand
joeyh.Jun 13, 2009
I'm real different from Juno but my cousin is like her carbon copy. I'm surprised they got her down in a movie so perfectly. I love Juno for that and how unique It is. I'm proud.
rackemrackJun 13, 2009
This movie is totally boss. Go suck It no country for old men. I related to this so much. Just how she handles things and her facial expression are perfect. I feel a kinship between me and Juno.
pulpfictionJun 13, 2009
to be honest, this is great. I heard all the raving or people saying its "overrated" so when I watched I already had a bias opinion. But at the end of the movie I was mesmerized by the dialogue. Ellen page is my favorite actor of all-time to be honest, this is great. I heard all the raving or people saying its "overrated" so when I watched I already had a bias opinion. But at the end of the movie I was mesmerized by the dialogue. Ellen page is my favorite actor of all-time because of this movie. I'm grateful this classic has been made. "my pipe is my mistress in times of sorrow" I love that line. Its not the best one but its cool. I found a new God. Expand
AmericanbeautyJun 13, 2009
my parents are just like that. If I told my dad I was going to burn the house down he'd point to where the matches were(not really but he's real chill. Movie is relatable to greatly. When she brakes down in the car and she my parents are just like that. If I told my dad I was going to burn the house down he'd point to where the matches were(not really but he's real chill. Movie is relatable to greatly. When she brakes down in the car and she can't even grip into the steering wheel is just like me. I can't grab something when I crash I'm so broken. And like her I hide things and I'm not openly emotional. Some lines are so great that I want to have an orgasm. This film really needs to be watched with subtitles. I've watched this movie an easy 10 times(so far) and everytime I found something new. Brilliant. Expand
JunoM.Jun 13, 2009
the best movie of 2007. No country for old men has no ending and the title is confusing(no big deal though). Juno seems so realistic to me. I know this girl that's just like her, she's in my music class. I live Juno the character the best movie of 2007. No country for old men has no ending and the title is confusing(no big deal though). Juno seems so realistic to me. I know this girl that's just like her, she's in my music class. I live Juno the character and the movie is brilliant. It doesn't rely on shocking jokes, or jokes that usually get an easy laugh or talk about subjects that can easily be funny. Its old-fashioned with its comedy. It genuinly is creative and even if you don't laugh you can appreciate its originality. Its uniqueness makes it classic. Perfection. Expand
RobertTApr 15, 2009
It was a great movie. I have watched it about 10 times and have never gotten tired of it. I though that every aspect whether it be directing, acting, editing, or writing was perfect. Also Ellen Page play Juno to perfection. She is without It was a great movie. I have watched it about 10 times and have never gotten tired of it. I though that every aspect whether it be directing, acting, editing, or writing was perfect. Also Ellen Page play Juno to perfection. She is without doubt one of, if not the best actress of my generation. Diablo cody is a great writer and she really earned the best original screenplay oscar, and i also believed that Ellen Page should have won best actress, and the film should have won best picture.Overall i believe that the majority is in favor of the movie. Expand
robertthomasApr 14, 2009
I believed that this file is the best i have seen. the acting is flawless. Diablo Cody is an excellent writed and that is probably the reason this film won best original screenplay at the 2007 oscars. Ellen Page is one of the if not bestI believed that this file is the best i have seen. the acting is flawless. Diablo Cody is an excellent writed and that is probably the reason this film won best original screenplay at the 2007 oscars. Ellen Page is one of the if not best actress of my generation. Her creation of juno is perfect right down to her facial expressions and her walk. i have seen this movie about 10 times and haven't gotten tires of it. Just abut every aspect of this film whether it be directing acting, writing, or editing is just perfect. i strongly this movie should have won best picture and best actress at the oscars because of such a relatively low budget of 6 milliion it is better than all of the other big budget films like The Dark Knight. Overall it was a grat film that pretty much everybody should watch at least once. Expand
JeremyE.Feb 22, 2009
Great movie! definitely worth seeing. Very deserving of it's best best picture nomination
FelicityJFeb 11, 2009
A sincere film that doesn't conform to typical female stereotyping but rather promotes determined, independent yet thoughtful females, especially in the character of Juno. It is very easy to watch and it is one of those films that sits A sincere film that doesn't conform to typical female stereotyping but rather promotes determined, independent yet thoughtful females, especially in the character of Juno. It is very easy to watch and it is one of those films that sits with you long after the viewing. A very refreshing view of adolescence. Expand
JimmyS.Dec 22, 2008
NChunnAug 12, 2008
ah, the critics... what a waste of space they are... Peter Travers tells us (rolling stone) what a special kick it is to discover a new star.... !!!?? Huh ? Ellen Page you say?

You mean the star who agve an almost academy award-winning

You mean the star who agve an almost academy award-winning level performance years earlier in Hard Candy? An already cult, popular and highly-praised film....?

Wow Peter.... tell me this, are you not ashamed at the standard of your reviews?

I would be if I was saying the BS you did.

Don't get me started on the critic who gave No Country FOM a 50 and made it receive a lesser overall score than There Will Be Blood, which is inferior in almost every regard to NCFOM. Fact.
SandiMJun 22, 2008
I give this an 8 because it's clever, attractive, and unexpected. 2 point deduction for Page's acting. I don't think she would be so cool with being pregnant =o But I H I G H L Y recommend this! Rent it or watch it online free.
ColinA.Jun 19, 2008
Witty and funny. Love the soundtrack.
CrystalB.Jun 17, 2008
Juno is probably the best comedy in the last 3 - 4 years. It's humor is so unlike other mainstream movies, and it is so different. The plot is very similar to some others but the quirky attitude really sets apart from other's. And Juno is probably the best comedy in the last 3 - 4 years. It's humor is so unlike other mainstream movies, and it is so different. The plot is very similar to some others but the quirky attitude really sets apart from other's. And the fact that this is the second movie Ellen Page has done really says a lot about her abilities and her carrier's potential. Page and Cera's chemistry is so awkward, it really fit the part. Expand
TeslaCJun 11, 2008
Really really awesome movie. Every character is appealing and realistic in his or her own way. Truly heartwarming. Assuming you aren't a total cynic, you will love it.
ScottD.May 28, 2008
I really enjoyed this film that is as hooking as it is funny the characters are very well picked and well portrayed in the film, excellent
PeterJ.May 27, 2008
I renting this movie more so for my wife than I, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised and laughed throughout the movie. The Bleeker character was awesome. And Jason Bateman was perfect for his role.
MrToadMay 25, 2008
Fantastic, provided you can appreciate the flawed heroine. Charmingly over-the-top lines, memorable characters.....i could give even more cliche compliments if you want. Just see it.
RichardP.May 24, 2008
This movie was perfect. The writing and acting were absolutely fabulous, and it was a joy to watch.
TeeM.May 12, 2008
At first I wasn't sure...it was clever, but too self-aware. Then, somehow, I was won over, caught up in Juno McGuff's world. I find myself really thinking about the characters and various scenes. I ended up buying the DVD and plan At first I wasn't sure...it was clever, but too self-aware. Then, somehow, I was won over, caught up in Juno McGuff's world. I find myself really thinking about the characters and various scenes. I ended up buying the DVD and plan on watching it with various friends and family. Expand
ScanlonT.May 12, 2008
Ellen Page was adorable. All the actors were top-notch. A witty script, I loved the dialogue. I really enjoyed Juno, for the most part. But the thing that bothers me is that there was no price to pay for irresponsibility. Hollywood has a way Ellen Page was adorable. All the actors were top-notch. A witty script, I loved the dialogue. I really enjoyed Juno, for the most part. But the thing that bothers me is that there was no price to pay for irresponsibility. Hollywood has a way of making immorality seem all warm and fuzzy. What is the message here? One other thing - I truly HATED the "indie" music. Cheers! Expand
ErinMay 6, 2008
A comical look into the all-too-real life of a pregnant teenager. Dripping with sarcasm, this film makes you laugh, makes you cry, and makes you want to see every Ellen Page movie.
FayHMay 5, 2008
GREAT! Funny! Juno McGuff is al all-american sarcastic teenager! Bleeker is an all-american geek (who is cute!)! Jennifer Garner was perfect for the role of Venessa. I can watch it over and over again!!! *Claps for JUNO!!!*
JonasH.May 4, 2008
This film is great. I have no idea how to academically categorize this movement within film-making that is suddenly appearing in titles like this, Superbad and Rocket Science, but something about its increased (but not complete) social and This film is great. I have no idea how to academically categorize this movement within film-making that is suddenly appearing in titles like this, Superbad and Rocket Science, but something about its increased (but not complete) social and psychological realism makes me love it. Expand
BrandyMay 1, 2008
If I could give this movie 1 million points I would!! I love love love this movie. A few parts are a bit awkward, like Bleeks mom and Jennifer Garner and her husbands interactions... But, I didn't let that allow me to miss the greatness If I could give this movie 1 million points I would!! I love love love this movie. A few parts are a bit awkward, like Bleeks mom and Jennifer Garner and her husbands interactions... But, I didn't let that allow me to miss the greatness in Ellen Page's performance! This movie will be my top movie from now on. I just wish that it came out sooner in my life so that it could hold the top spot for longer! Expand
SaraMApr 30, 2008
LOVED this movie. Inspriational, witty, clever and Ellen Page fits her role perfectly.
HarryP.Apr 27, 2008
I thought the movie was witty although the teen steretypes were pretty off making teens seem like smart-arse fools even though half of them are not all of them are. I liked it though and would reccomend it. Juno went in a different direction I thought the movie was witty although the teen steretypes were pretty off making teens seem like smart-arse fools even though half of them are not all of them are. I liked it though and would reccomend it. Juno went in a different direction then i thought it would but I still liked it. Expand
JoyceC.Apr 27, 2008
Jason Reitman's Juno written by Diablo Cody, is a deeply refreshing teenage comedy flick, with its sassy kick, you'll remember Juno as a funny and breathtaking performance by Ellen Page. It's a genuine classic.
RyanM.Apr 27, 2008
nothing to spend endless time wrapping your head around here. but simple, adorable, and entertaining. for a light-hearted movie WITH a girlfriend, Juno is effective and warms the heart on occasion...
MichelleApr 26, 2008
I don't know what movie some of you were watching but my boyfriend and I loved this movie as did all of my friends who have seen it. It has actual humor instead of the slap stick, punch people in the nuts "comedy" of so many movies out I don't know what movie some of you were watching but my boyfriend and I loved this movie as did all of my friends who have seen it. It has actual humor instead of the slap stick, punch people in the nuts "comedy" of so many movies out there. I am tired of the "stupid funny" movies that make me feel like I have lost brain cells while watching them so this was a nice change...it's whitty comments and sarcasm and off the wall one liners where enough to keep us laughing and quoting them in our own coversation. It had a good storyline which was an extra bonus as some comedies do not. It's my new favorite movie! Expand
JenniferApr 22, 2008
Great movie!! I really think there are some people, the ones on this site going off on how bad this movie was, are going into a movie with all these expectations and then when the movie doesn't turn out the way they felt it should the Great movie!! I really think there are some people, the ones on this site going off on how bad this movie was, are going into a movie with all these expectations and then when the movie doesn't turn out the way they felt it should the kill it in a review. I felt it was a great movie. There are some parts in there that I feel would not be true to form in real life but an the end of the day this is not a documentary film. Juno comes off in the beginning of the movie as this overly mature teengager, the best friend/boyfriend not so much, but in the end was not as grown up as even she would like to think. Which she even points out herself telling her step mom she was out dealing with things beyond her maturity level. Do let the negative reviews keep you away from this one. Expand