7.2

1. LTR
    Aug 16, 2013
    This movie is AMAZING!The story is great,the characters are funny and in some points very serious.If you want to have a movie that has ll in one package,watch this movie.
  2. Aug 16, 2013
    This movie was spectacular. I had adrenaline pumping through me from the fights. The story itself was great too, this is without a doubt one of the best movies I have every seen. Its way better than its predecessor.
  3. Aug 16, 2013
    Guys, this is one of those movies with which you have to see it yourself to see why the critics are just being stupid. It happened with man of steel earlier in the year. The user scores where far better than the critic scores. This is because we seem to know more what to look for in a movie these days. My faith in critics has died. I only ever judge a movie after I see it for myself. And kick ass 2 is fantastic. Of course, it was never quite gunna be the movie the original kick ass was, but it left me with the same grin on my face and uplifted feeling in my gut. Go see this movie. It is better than you think. I guarantee it. Expand
  4. Aug 16, 2013
    Kick-ass 2 is it good? yes it absolutely is one of the movies that i have been waiting for since the beginning of 2013 and if you are a fan of kick-ass 1 then you are going to enjoy this movie. The movie still keeps the cursing and bloody gore from the first one which is great and the story is equal level to being good as kick ass 1, i saw some earlier reviews from critics and i just didn't read them because i know they were wrong and i was correct the movie is great and if you are not planning to see it this summer then you are missing out. anyway do not listen to what the critics are saying my faith and trust in critics died when the hobbit got a low meta score rate and so did man of steel so 42 meta score at the moment is not right it does not deserve that in my opinion it deserves at least 61 meta score in all honesty and i would give it 9/10 i am taking off the 1 more point to make it 10/10 because i didn't like how they changed it from the novel but that is just me the movie was great and if you haven't seen it i advise paying your £7.50 and going to see a movie of the summer that is not one to miss, do not listen to what the critics are saying. so my final point if you like action and superheroes and blood and more action and a kick ass story then kick ass 2 is the movie for you. Expand
  5. Aug 16, 2013
    his film is a have to see. The critics are being utter retards. Watch it and decide for yourself. It definitely recaptures the feel of the first film and just is the perfect sequel.
  6. Aug 16, 2013
    I honestly have no idea what the critics are talking about. This movie was my favorite film of the year. I will never trust a critic again. All through the movie I was laughing and enjoying it. Aside from a few forced scenes, it was flawless and I liked it just as much as the first one. If you liked the first movie, SEE THIS. It was on par with the first if not better. SEE IT!
  7. Aug 16, 2013
    "this is one of those movies with which you have to see it yourself to see why the critics are just being stupid."-adrenilinmatt

an he have all the reason of the world, this movie is the best movie of heroes but no the best of "super heroes" because here don't exist :D
  8. Aug 16, 2013
    Don't listen to the critics! The movie is very entertaining and all around just AWESOME! It had the whole theater laughing and every character is great in the story...... Oh and the fight scenes. THEY ARE KICK ASS
  9. Aug 16, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2 was definitely a film for the fans, if you aren't familiar with the Kick-Ass series then this movie wouldn't be for you. Having said that I am a fan of the comics and this movie was awesome. The fight scenes were crazy and Hit-Girl always runs the show. I hate that the critic scores are low but I honestly kind of figured they would be and I see why they made it so low, to a film's core this film wouldn't be looked at as a masterpiece, and they couldn't exactly retain the same shock factor the first one had because Hit-Girl was only 11 or 12 years old in it. But all things aside this was a pretty entertaining film and I think most people would really enjoy it. Expand
  10. Aug 17, 2013
    Kick Ass 2 is wonderful, the characters are fun and even the villains are fun The story is beautiful and very edible, and the battles are very fabulous and enjoy more than 100% and the final battle 100% recommended
  11. Aug 17, 2013
    A darker, more serious story than that of the original but that is definately a good thing. While still retaining the comedic writing within the characters like the original, this film has brutal action scenes and shows a more mature kick-ass and hit girl. The acting is fantastic all around, even Jim Carrey actually acts in a unique role from anything he has done before! This movie is a work of art and after seeing reviews before I saw it at the premier showing, I was worried. Definately see this movie, it is a perfect follow up to the first one! Expand
  12. Aug 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. (This review has very minor spoilers, and will notify you when such moments occur.) Please, do NOT listen to these snobby condescending critics, thinking they're hot s**t for ripping apart a fim that others loved. I know it's their opinions, but Jesus are they over criticising aspects of the movie. And don't say "they're criticising the film because they're critics." I'm not talking about in general, I'm talking about aspects. Some critics say that "You should do ANYTHING apart from seeing this film." Are you kidding me? I can see why some people might not like this film, but why the f**k would doing a puzzle beat watching this film? Are you seriously that brain dead? Anyway, onto what was good in this film. Every character worked superbly in Kick Ass 2. The big name actors Jim Carrey, Christopher Mintz Plasse, Aaron Taylor- Johnson and Chloë Grace Moretz.) do an AMAZING job playing their characters, the score is as awesome as it was with the first one, the action is thrilling, and all scenes stand out as a significant, and memorable moment. Some things that have changed, are such as: the much more hilarious sections, the graphic and somewhat disturbing take on it's comic book counter part and the range of superheroes. (SPOILER WARNING AHEAD) Some things that I didn't like, were the: faceless emotions when a character was killed off, and the sad excuse of relationship endings, just so Dave could have dirty (maybe unprotected) sex with night Probably my biggest hatred with the film was the climax with Mindy's conflict between the popular high school girls. This scene was very stupid, but it only lasted a few seconds, but man was it just flat out STUPID.
    (SPOILER WARNING OVER). All in all, if you liked the first one, see this film, if you like superheroes, see this film, if you like the kill count high, and the blood levels even higher, see this film. Thanks for reading, and I hope this has helped you make your mind up.
  13. Aug 17, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2, even though not as good as the original was still a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I was worried that perhaps without Mathew Vaughn in the directing chair it wouldn't feel like a Kick-Ass movie. I'm glad to say I was wrong, Jeff Waldow did a very good job in creating this highly anticipated sequel. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the delicate side to Hit-Girl and her going through the vulnerable side at being a teenager. Moretz gives another fantastic performance, in this series just as she gives a great performance in all her movies. Aaron Taylor-Johnson slips back into his role easily as does Christopher Mintz-Plasse who is hilarious in this film as well. Carrey is almost unrecognizable in this production which is good because I feel he was no longer playing yet another version of himself as he has been doing lately but I real character who you actually feel for. All in all this was a great follow up to Kick-Ass, I wouldn't mind if they made enough, but then I'd be satisfied with this ending. Expand
  14. Aug 17, 2013
    For anyone who loved the first one, this a great follow up, filled with action, suspense, and drama. Kick ass is kicks even more ass than the first one, and even has friends to help out. This movie is amazing, the finale was incredible. It was the most fun I've has at a movie in quite some time. FULL PRICE!
  15. Aug 17, 2013
    Do not listen to critics! Competitors studios are clearly paying critics to attack the Kick-Ass franchise.
    Do not make the mistake of not watching Kick-Ass 2 in theaters like you did for the first one. Kick-Ass became a financial success thanks to word of mouth when released on DVD/Blu-Ray because few people worldwide went watching it in theaters.
    Kick-Ass 2 is an almost excellent movie.
    Compared to the first one it has some little issues BUT it still is a 8/10 movie at least where the first one was a 9/10 or more. So I am voting 9/10 here for good reasons to support it as much as possible despite the glitches.
    Critics are getting paid to make you believe that the movie is bad in the 3/10 league. DO NOT TRUST THE CRITICS They are liars!
    Kick-Ass 2 is worth watching in theaters just like the first movie was. Go and watch it! Support the franchise to make the 3rd and last movie happen with no budget cuts!
  16. Aug 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. KICK ASS 2 Review. (spoilers) by megafish
    “try to have fun otherwise what’s the point. wise word that fit with this movie,
    Im rating each character
    Music reused from previous movie but some new songs like I hate myself for lovin you! ,when the saints go marching,
    Characters :same actors but have gotten older so they feel different but I still like them ,
    Team Justice forever:
    Kick ass felt like he was saying lines directly from the comic, HE IS RIPPED!! ***
    Jim carry great character deranged yeah there’s a dog on your balls! “try to have fun otherwise what’s the point.”****
    Eisenhower the dog on your balls. I honestly wouldn’t have minded if they had of killed the dog but maybe it would have changed everything, I love when mofo says “im not that evil!” when some one asks him if he wants to kill the dog. !!***
    Hit girl very important and more deeper still great acting I saw worried about her character being a victim but it was cool I love how they had the moter bike scene from the prequel comic of hit girl when she and Marcus race each other to the house !!*****
    Insect man no mask open homosexual reminded me of the blue power ranger because he was ridiculed for being gay but insect man gets acceptance ***
    Action guy he was a nice edition and played out the same as in the comic ****
    Night I like how she had a fling with kick ass and that made more sense for mofo to kill her she looks better in the movie, *****
    Other:
    Katie protected from being attacked. But instantly breaks up with dave because of hitgirl ,**
    Marcus was interesting considering mindy’s mother was dead in the movie. ***
    Daves dad also exactly taken from the comic
    Villains: toxic mega *****
    Mother**er great new costume some funny lines way darker occasional voice change that reminds me of Eddie killbane prior from saints row 3 I was dreading when he attacks night (not Katie- like in the comic but thankfully it was softer, ****
    Mother Russia I was hoping they’d cut her head off, she looked cooler in the movie, ***
    Scenes: hit girl on the van, expanded ,
    The last battle felt a little messy and was premature in the comic kick ass and hit girl go to the lair and fight goons and later the big battle in the centre of the city blowing up comic shops ,
    The comic more violent and sexual ***
    The movie still violent not sexually violent ****
    Note: atomic commix wasn’t init ,
    they put posters from comics made by the writer of the comic mark Millar like American Jesus and superior ,
    It wasn’t as fresh as the original but I liked it ****stars!!!!
  17. Aug 19, 2013
    This is a great movie, I like it so much, you people have to see this one. Is nothing wrong with this movie, is no the best movie of the year but is excting.
  18. Aug 20, 2013
    After the movie, i went home and watched the first part for the 10-th time, so, it's a great sequel of a great film. Can't wait for Kick-Ass 3, hope to see it soon
  19. Aug 21, 2013
    This movie was amazing best movie ive seen all year what are these critics thinking saying that its one of the worst movies this movie was amazing Just as amazing as the first one
  20. Aug 22, 2013
    This Movie is not Overrated its Underrated.. I mean how many movies do you get which have a perfect blend f humor, action, murder, superhero I think you Get it.

Some people here and not only here in every country go crazy over this movie (IN a negative way) even professional critics seem by crazy opinion. Take my word for it, THE MOVIE ROCKS
  21. Sep 8, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2 may be disappointing to some, but it was never going to be as good as the first movie. Never at any point was I bored and even if some scenes were cheesy (and one disgusting) it's still a very good film. Mainly because of the brilliant cast especially Christopher Mintz Plasse as The Mother F*cker.
  22. GFC
    Aug 21, 2013
    This movie was fantastic! I was a huge fan of the first Kick-Ass movie and when I first heard the rumors of Kick-Ass 2 Balls To the Wall I was excited. The acting was great especially from The Kick-Ass himself seems like a better hero than he ever was before and Hit Girl is still a bad ass. Jim Carreys performance was great but he wasn't in the movie enough. I'd say he had twenty minutes of screen time which was a big disappointment. A big problem with this movie is that they entered so many new characters but they never had any character progression. But even with that you don't even notice it.

Just a quick message I would like to see the final Kick-Ass movie come out so please support the movie by buying it instead of pirating it online.
  23. Aug 18, 2013
    There are often times where a critics review can prove invaluable and times where the review bears no relation to the movie, the latter is very much the case with Kick Ass 2.
    Kick Ass 2 follows directly on from where the last one left off, both in tone and style, and delivers magnificently, the journey for kick ass to find his path in the world is both humorous and painful, and as in the
    original, there are many sacrifices to be made which gives the film a serious undertone and contrives to dispel the image that a superheroes life is one of glamour and giving the bad guy an easy whooping.
    Again, kick ass shows that despite his much improved physique, he is still very much out of his league when it comes to taking on bad guys, but this is the charm of these movies, that the good guy is faced with the ridiculous situation of what to do when faced with criminals, he still has fear, he still takes a beating, but despite this, still believes he can change the world he lives in for the better, this sentiment is glaringly missed by critics who have completely overlooked the films whole take on the superhero genre.
    At the end of the day, if you found the first film to be outstanding, then this movie will take you right back there, it will put you back in kick ass' shoes.
    If of course you want to know what happen to Hit Girl, then you will not be disappointed, she has a greater role to play in kick ass' development as a character, while riding a very emotional roller coaster and having to make a choice of what world a 15 year old belongs in, but fear not, her skills have been finely honed and she is much more dangerous, but much more impressive teen, she makes Buffy the vampire slayer look like a complete novice, Chloe Moretz's character provides a lot of the over hyped violence seen in the movie with several spectacular set pieces in true Hit Girl style.
    I almost took notice of the critics nonsense and stayed away, I am so happy I ignored the drivel they wrote and chose to believe that sequel befitting the original kick ass would be in the offing, I can only assume that many of the magazines/ web sites top critics had taken the day off, leaving the rabble and those keen to make a name for themselves were left in the office on review day, because I can find no fault with this movie on any level.
    Lastly, special mention to Jim Carrey, despite his stance on the violence (he had his reasons which many can sympathise), his character was an integral part to kick ass' character arc, flipping the situation that kick ass arrived at and looking it at from a bad guy turned goods perspective, but still showing that no matter what your background, there is a price to pay in standing up and fighting for what's right.
    I enjoyed this movie thoroughly, the right blend of comedy and serious undertone right throughout the movie makes kick ass 2 a resoundingly pleasing sequel.
  24. Aug 19, 2013
    There are so many things I'd like to say about this movie that I'm finding it difficult to choose what to begin this review with. Let's start saying that Kick-Ass is my favourite movie ever. A precious jewel of wit and originality, like no other movies. So I was truly worried, I feared that this sequel would disappoint me.
  25. Aug 28, 2013
    I think that they could have left out some of the parts dealing with Hit-Girl and trying to be normal but other than that, it was an excellent film. I absolutely loved it and I will probably watch it a million times more when it comes out on DVD/Blu Ray. I went and say it with a bunch of my friend and we all loved it.
  26. Aug 19, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kick-Ass 2 is an action film of 2013 directed by Jeff Wadlow (Never Back Down) with Chloe Grace Moretz, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Jim Carrey.
    After defeating Frank D'amico, Mindy and Dave try to live like normal people in high school but Priam can not be comfortable and prefers to remain vigilant on the streets in the guise of Hit-Girl and the other, tired of monotony of their lives as normal teenager, initially decides to join the team with Mindy but after the latter retires, Kick-Ass decides to become a part of the Justice Forever commanded by Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey). Meanwhile, Chris D'Amico, in revenge for the death of his father, he decides to become the first super villain of the story with the name of and to enlist the criminals in his gang.
    In comparison to other sequel, Kick-Ass 2 does not disappoint and is proving an excellent film. Wadlow's direction is not the same level of Vaughn but it can boast of being able to do the choreography really spectacular (especially when fighting Hit-Girl) and manage well the crowd scenes (the final battle). The main focus of this film is Chloe Moretz and the psychological relationship Mindy Hit-Girl. Also excellent in the role that improves Johnson of Kick-Ass, Mintz-Plasse who with his manages to entertain a lot and Jim Carrey who always manages to leave a mark. Also note the great fidelity to the original comic although the most violent scenes have been removed.
  27. Aug 21, 2013
    I thought the first Kick ass film was good.

Kick ass 2 is much better, its funny, heartbreaking, serious, violent and has lots of new characters. I cant remember the last time i enjoyed a film as much as this.

I was humming with laughter for the first half then had tears in my eyes for the second half which is more serious. This film is great entertainment, it thrilled me, it excited
    me, it made me laugh and it made me cry with laughter and in genuine heartfelt grief.

Note: i watched it on a 15 certificate in the UK, this film should be an 18.
  28. Aug 27, 2013
    I've noticed that in most cases, critics give poor scores to movies/games deserving good scores and they give good scores to movies/games deserving poor scores. Basically, whatever the critics say, expect the opposite. Kickass 2 was a brilliant successor to Kickass. It was the "good" wanna-be's vs the "bad" wanna-be's which is exactly what I was hoping it would be. The only thing that threw me off was the disappearance of Kickass' girlfriend. She was never really mentioned in this film. Expand
  29. Aug 28, 2013
    I'm a big fan of the first Kick-Ass and to say that this was an improvement on that one is quite big! More Action, more characters and more entertaining; everything was improved and the end result was one very impressive sequel! The young talents of both Aaron & Chloë are amazing and they lead this film, but its also the characters that make the film what it is. It's also still quite violent for a film that seems aimed at teenagers. Overall highly impressive and well worth checking out! Expand
  30. Sep 2, 2013
    Amazing,brutal humor,one moment i was laughing on floor and oder i was almost crying, awsome script, perfect villians (esspecialy mother russia) i hope there will be kick-ass 3
  31. Oct 18, 2013
    This is as real as a superhero movie can get, this is freaking awesome and I can't wait to see hit-girl and kick ass in part 3. It's time to end the series on a high note.
  32. Aug 19, 2013
    The first Kick-Ass told the story of what will happen if you choose to put on a costume and fight crime, it was a realistic version of a superhero story and those were the reasons why I loved the first Kick-Ass. So I was really excited for the sequel, the movie was really good but don't expect it to be better than it's predecessor. The shows that Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl have started a revolution, there were a lot of superheroes popping out and some of those heroes, are joining the team that was formed by Jim Carrey's character. Kick-Ass joins his team and they started to clean the streets but unfortunately Christopher-Mintz-Plasse is still pissed at Kick-ass for what he did to his dad and decides to create his own army. Aaron Johnson is still good at playing his character and he was also good with the dramatic scenes. Jim Carrey was good as well even though he didn't like this movie but he should be proud of himself for playing an awesome character. Christoper-Mintz-Plasse was also good on playing the villain, but the one that always steals the show like with the first movie is Chloe Moretz. She was really good on the dramatic and action sequences and she always steals the show in every scene that she's in. The action scenes were good but some overused shakey cam and I still don't know why they used that thing. The movie was a bit rushed and that's why some dramatic scenes didn't work for me. Kick-Ass 2 was still a good movie but not better than the first one, I am going to give Kick-Ass 2 a 9/10. Expand
  33. Aug 24, 2013
    The movie was hilarious, Had really good action and was surprisingly also very emotional. The plot was very... different compared to the first movie But the acting was great and the movie was a blast to watch.
  34. Sep 9, 2013
    I loved this movie it was so funny and had cool action fights a adore this movie it rocked i think it was a good squeal witch was just as good or better
  35. Aug 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Kick-Ass 2 was such a fantastic movie, watched it five times already and going to see it again tomorrow, it was so good that I can't stay away, some things were very unexpected and such a great ending. The fights were so intense that my heart was beating so fast, I'm not a very action person but this was just on another level, it wasn't constantly fighting, there was a story behind it and that is what I love. There was some funny parts, sad parts and just breathtaking parts, it was constantly leaving me on the edge as I just didn't know what to expect. There was scenes where I felt like shouting at the screen but then it took me by surprise. Such a brilliant film, cannot wait for it to be released on dvd as will be watching time and time again. Expand
  36. Sep 5, 2013
    I really don't understand where the critics are coming from with this one. How on earth did 1Direction (or however the hell you spell it) get a better score than this movie. That is just so unreal. Sure there were a couple flaws here and there and like ONE thing that I didn't particular feel was executed the right way. But the story was a good adaptation, and I love the improvising aspects of taking the artistic liberty to deal with Hit Girl/Mindy's obviously matured person. The fight scenes shut up, Angry Joe! were good. I had no complaints and actually enjoyed that they looked more realistic than the first one that was more artistically choreographed. I had no complaints and thought that this movie was made very smartly, considering what they had to adapt from. Thumbs up on my end. Expand
  37. Sep 11, 2013
    Very odd to see such a low critic rating for such an amazing movie. Rarely do movies make you feel, laugh, sit on the edge of your seat, and make you want to re-watch it seven or eight more times. It's even debatable that this one is better than the original. It is certainly more funny, and more action packed, what critics didn't like is the lack of innovation. I thought they already innovated enough with the first one to carry over to this sequel and still make it great. Can't wait for the third. Expand
  38. Sep 15, 2013
    Es una película totalmente destacable, llena de risas, malas palabras y momentos de inspiración. Tiene esos puntos de inflexión que a uno casi lo hacen llorar. Recomendada 100%
  39. Sep 22, 2013
    Unlike films such as Iron Man 3, this film doesn't try to be something that it isn't, and I applaud the filmmakers for being unapologetic for the story they told. This movie is a hell of a lot of fun and builds firmly upon the spirit of its predecessor. Loved it, and really hope we get the chance to see Kick Ass 3.
  40. Nov 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Never trusted critics, never will. Why you may ask? They are wrong on almost every aspect of what a fun movie should be, I left the theatre extremely satisfied of how awesome this truly was, a great sequel that most can't accomplish but this definitely did the job right. Characters, story, action, revenge it was all there. Only small gripe *SPOILERS* Jim Carrey a.k.a (Colonial Stars & Stripes) who was an ex mob enforcer, died a little too fast in the film even though he had such a badass role it's really a shame. Yea shaky cam these days needs to die off completely, example: (Alex cross) Please don't witness the action sequences, you won't know what the hell is going on it's just all over the place, If you know what i'm talking about then you know what I mean. But here It's great, the fight choreography was done very well there's really nothing more you can ask for, I still kinda wish the movie didn't pace as fast and instead focused a little more on character development and emotion throughout like the first since they pretty much nailed that aspect. Overall I love this movie to death even with it's short, small problems because it didn't take away the experience for me, it actually grew the more I saw it. It had it's serious/funny moments and it blended out really well, It's sort of a Dark Knight of the Kick Ass Movies if you think about it. I'll be buying this on Blu-ray first day, It will have tons of special features, also ones exclusively on Blu-ray with extended scenes, an alternative opening, and 2 hours behind the scenes like the first movie had! Bottom Line........ HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :D 10/10 Expand
  41. Dec 6, 2013
    Actually better than Kick-Ass, more heroes, more baddies! Also the plot is superb and funny! I swear I got the package witth this film! Second best sequel of 2013 (one is Despicable Me 2) 10/10
  42. Dec 26, 2013
    Awesome movie!! The action sequences are very well directed plus the story was amazing. All in all the movie was really a treat. I hope they come up with a sequel.
  43. Jul 1, 2014
    This movie clearly shows, that those "critics" on the left are clueless what the real moviefan wants to see.
    This movie was awesome, in my opinion even better than the first. The switch in the lifes of Kickass becoming a more real hero and Hitgirl trieing to get used to a more normal life is (wich comes a little short tho) is nicely written and entertaining. The final is epic and brutal.

Action: 9
    Acting:9
    Story:8
    Badassfactor:10 (+)
    The message at the end is clear and inspiring.
    All in one: Just watch that movie if you still havent.

Ps: sorry for the rather bad english. I tried my best to get my opinion out there *G*

1. Reviewed by: Ali Arikan
    Aug 16, 2013
    One of the year's worst films.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Roeper
    Aug 15, 2013
    Kick-Ass 2 is an uninspired retread. All too often it plays like a Comic-Con gone insane, with costumed do-gooders taking on costumed criminals in gratuitously vicious battles.
  3. Reviewed by: Chris Nashawaty
    Aug 15, 2013
    Moretz, who is 16 now, can't manufacture the same that's-so-wrong jolt she managed the first time around. Back then, it was hilariously taboo to see a little girl spout arias of profanity. Now, she's just another teenager swearing. Like the rest of the film, what was once shocking now just elicits a shrug.