8.3

1. Dec 19, 2014
    I love this movie it feels like a love letter to Comic fans everywere. Aaron Taylor johnson is great as Kick-Ass, Nicholas Cage is in one of his best roles to date, Mark Strong and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are on top form as villains and why Chloë Grace Moretz wasn't up for best supporting actress for her iconic role as Hit Girl i'll never understand. couple with great action, plot andI love this movie it feels like a love letter to Comic fans everywere. Aaron Taylor johnson is great as Kick-Ass, Nicholas Cage is in one of his best roles to date, Mark Strong and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are on top form as villains and why Chloë Grace Moretz wasn't up for best supporting actress for her iconic role as Hit Girl i'll never understand. couple with great action, plot and characters and you have an awesome movie Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2014
    Such a great super hero film brought to life with tons of action and amazing combat scenes. Each moment you watch will make you feel different emotions such as excitement, shock and sadness.
  3. Oct 26, 2014
    Sure the movie is cliché but, he's still enjoyable.Great performances by Chloe Grace Moretz and Nicolas Cage and great fight scenes are probably the best elements of the movie.
  4. Oct 6, 2014
    its gay because im gay and nic cage is bae. also i got stuck at the one part where i'm supposed to touch my gf but i cant get past it cause i love RAGING BONERS IN MY UTERUS. 0/10 FLOPPY COCKS

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little **** I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little **** If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.
  5. Aug 24, 2014
    This movie was not what I expected it to be. It was better, bloodier, a little less funny, and definitely more stylish than I could have hoped for.

This is not a comedy. This is not your traditional superhero movie. There are no superpowers, no spider-senses, no cryptonite or radiation poisoning. There is just one guy who asks himself: Why hasn't anyone tried to be a superhero

There is just one guy who asks himself: Why hasn't anyone tried to be a superhero before?

Meet Kick-Ass. Or, Ass-Kick, as some people are so fond of calling him... He may be a total loser, but at least he's trying. Playing a gay BFF to a girl he likes because he is too afraid to tell her the truth, and trying to be the one to help people when no one else does, he'll soon notice that there is a reason why people don't simply put on a costume and run into the night to save the world from evil; the evil fights back, hard. Sometimes harder than you can take.

Then there's Big Daddy (Nicholas Cage, who really made an impression in this role as a slightly crazed "copy" of a Batman) and Hit Girl (so young, so talented, so **** up if you come to think of it). Those two are driven by a hate for a gangster Frank D'Amico. They are a step closer to a real superhero act, although they have chosen the bloody bath to get to their goal.

I liked the style of this movie, the casting was good, the acting was brilliant, and the camera work gave the film such a distinctive way to tell the story that... I don't really know how to describe it, other than 'damn good'.

There's a lot of blood. In a way it is tasteful and very real. People get beaten up. People die. The tricks are not inhuman. This movie is so sad and painfully real it hurts.

See it if you haven't already.
  6. May 25, 2014
    Directer Matthew Vaughn brings was the great super hero movie Kick-Ass a movie based in real life with real people no they don't have superpowers but that doesn't stop them. Now at the time i didn't really know anything about Vaughn he had only done two movies (Stardust,Layer Cake) though i haven't seen those movies maybe i should take to time to watch them because both this and his X-Men:Directer Matthew Vaughn brings was the great super hero movie Kick-Ass a movie based in real life with real people no they don't have superpowers but that doesn't stop them. Now at the time i didn't really know anything about Vaughn he had only done two movies (Stardust,Layer Cake) though i haven't seen those movies maybe i should take to time to watch them because both this and his X-Men: First Class film are great.

The film follows Aaron Johnson (Kick-Ass) a normal kid that wants to became a superhero and fight crime because haven't we all thought about doing that. Now when he first starts out he is bad he gets his ass kicked a couple times but soon he finds his grove and starts to kick some ass himself well with the help of metal all over the inside of his body yeah that's why he can take such a beating.

Now soon we go find out that their are other people out there that want to be super hero and they get together Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Red Mist a nerdy rich kid that has a bunch of money that helps him have cool stuff. Nicolas Cage as Big Daddy was great he did good and it was the most fun iv'e had watching him in a movie since Face/Off. Chloe Moretz plays Hit-Girl the daughter of Big Daddy and really she stole the movie as soon as you see her kick some ass. Seriously seeing her take out like 50 guys easily was just too epic. Now Mark Strong plays the villainous organized crime dick in the movie and he does a pretty good job nothing really special but we don't need that.

Overall i give it a 7.5 a great movie id recommend it to anyone it's the best mix of comedy and action just a blast to watch. Now i can't wait till Kick-Ass 2 the trailers on that of been amazing so i have high hopes for it.
  7. Mar 8, 2014
    It's crude and violent, but it's great. How many comic book movies can you think of that offers you ridiculously hilarious content and a compelling story and action at the same time?
  8. Jan 18, 2014
    Now, Kick-Ass IS a good movie. When Dave earns the ability to take a hit better, it's realistic and that's what makes it more likeable. But there's too much Hit Girl and not enough of the main character. If Chloe's character wasn't in this, it would've been kinda lame. But I actually liked a lot of the action scenes. The thing is, it slows down too much in the middle. If there were moreNow, Kick-Ass IS a good movie. When Dave earns the ability to take a hit better, it's realistic and that's what makes it more likeable. But there's too much Hit Girl and not enough of the main character. If Chloe's character wasn't in this, it would've been kinda lame. But I actually liked a lot of the action scenes. The thing is, it slows down too much in the middle. If there were more action scenes, it would've turned out better. Still, watch this movie. You'll probably like it. Expand
  9. Jan 13, 2014
    I'm from Brazil, and I loved the movie and the story was really cool, I believe the low scores in other reviews is because people can not differentiate reality from the movies, this is real life people understand unfortunately the Big Daddy had to die if not the film also does not make sense they always win. Understand something good does not always win and this film shows the real life,I'm from Brazil, and I loved the movie and the story was really cool, I believe the low scores in other reviews is because people can not differentiate reality from the movies, this is real life people understand unfortunately the Big Daddy had to die if not the film also does not make sense they always win. Understand something good does not always win and this film shows the real life, I'm sorry if there was an error in grammar, because I'm not from your country. Expand
  10. Dec 23, 2013
    Kick-Ass is my favorite movie of all time, tied with Donnie Darko. Kick-Ass is truly amazing, and I love every second of it. The idea is unique, and is executed beautifully. The movie is hilarious, serious, sad, action-packed, brilliant and mesmerizing. Kick-Ass truly kicked MY ass, and there's really nothing more to say. If you have not seen this movie, then you really f*cking need to. 10/10
  11. Dec 18, 2013
    Within the genre, this is quite spectacular, lots of fun, and more emotionally engaging than any fun superhero movie has the right to be. If you're in doubts about what superhero movie to see next, take me recommendation. And no, it's NOT for kids.
  12. Dec 17, 2013
    This film has fantastic fight scenes, great characters and cinematography. This film has quite a few funny scenes, but some jokes in this film aren't funny...but just plain cruel.
  13. Dec 13, 2013
    Kick-Ass is a delightful combination of action and comedy. It is funny, entertaining, and really doesn't hold back with the violence. The action scenes are relatively original too.
  14. Dec 12, 2013
    A twist on the old 'high school geek turned superhero', with Christopher Mintz-Plasse, killer fighting and a few laughs for good measure. Doesn't muck around with drama and makes for an entertaining watch.
  15. Dec 2, 2013
    A strong and brazen hero flick that actually is more ground breaking than some superhero movies previously seen. Matthew Vaughn directs this film wonderfully.
  16. Oct 14, 2013
    Like all good action films kick-ass contains strong gory violence and outrageous comedy. Kick ass explodes to life with amazing special effects and hilarious scenes that will keep you entertained for the 117 mins of run time. Kick-ass kicks spiderman and superman in the ass. literally. You will have never scene a superhero film like this. This movie is definitely worth watching, and ifLike all good action films kick-ass contains strong gory violence and outrageous comedy. Kick ass explodes to life with amazing special effects and hilarious scenes that will keep you entertained for the 117 mins of run time. Kick-ass kicks spiderman and superman in the ass. literally. You will have never scene a superhero film like this. This movie is definitely worth watching, and if you like superheroes, action, strong violence and comedy moments that will surely make you laugh, It is about time you see a movie that kicks ass. Kick-ass is the film4u. Expand
  17. Oct 6, 2013
    The character Kick-Ass didn't do remotely anything memorable and epic. They also really up the movie by shoving some irrelevant love relationship upon him. This movie is utterly horrible. Aaron Taylor-Johnson is boring to watch, Chloë Grace Moretz can't act and Nicolas Cage is the rotten cherry that tops this movie. They wasted Mark Strong and the only commendable performance wasThe character Kick-Ass didn't do remotely anything memorable and epic. They also really up the movie by shoving some irrelevant love relationship upon him. This movie is utterly horrible. Aaron Taylor-Johnson is boring to watch, Chloë Grace Moretz can't act and Nicolas Cage is the rotten cherry that tops this movie. They wasted Mark Strong and the only commendable performance was Christopher Mintz-Plasse playing Red Mist. Other than that, this movie made me want to "Kick-My-Own-Ass". Expand
  18. Sep 21, 2013
    Very satisfying pulpy superhero action flick, with a great cast and a great premise. It basically is satirical to the whole drama, and it works. Kick-Ass is also intelligent, knowing when to make the next joke, the next kill, etc. The way it moves from scene to scene is actually a lot better than one might expect from a movie of this nature.
  19. Sep 10, 2013
    If you had ever wondered why the superheroes never lost their patience against the bad guys and did not resort to killing them, watch this movie and maybe you'll be put off the idea forever. The only thing that sets this movie apart from other superhero movies is the shocking level of violence perpetrated by a kid. The title character is just there for laughs and to get his ass handed toIf you had ever wondered why the superheroes never lost their patience against the bad guys and did not resort to killing them, watch this movie and maybe you'll be put off the idea forever. The only thing that sets this movie apart from other superhero movies is the shocking level of violence perpetrated by a kid. The title character is just there for laughs and to get his ass handed to him on more than one occasion. The movie shines because of Hit-Girl and her daddy Big Daddy, who violently kill criminals to keep them off the streets. But BD has a secret vendetta that he pursues ruthlessly. I liked the movie only because it showed a different version of the superhero concept, and that was refreshing. Just watch the movie by turning a blind eye to the blood and gore, if you can. The cutting of body parts and killings are presented in a humorous way yet very graphic, so be advised. Expand
  20. Aug 28, 2013
    Having myself, dad & sister read the book, It was one of those rare instances where we "all" couldn't wait to go see a comic book movie, For what probably is one of comics most strongest indie projects to come along in quite some time, and the fact the principle storyline only tends to sway apart in each different form of media, Kick-Ass magically works well on film, to an extent whereHaving myself, dad & sister read the book, It was one of those rare instances where we "all" couldn't wait to go see a comic book movie, For what probably is one of comics most strongest indie projects to come along in quite some time, and the fact the principle storyline only tends to sway apart in each different form of media, Kick-Ass magically works well on film, to an extent where this comic needed to be made into a film.

The choice of actor's were fantastic, Aaron Johnson has slowly built up a solid career and actually delivers my favourite interpretation of Dave Lizewski, where Nicholas Cage and Chloe Grace Moretz deliver a truly cartoonish, macabre performance of serious vigilante's "Big Daddy & Hit Girl". Christopher "McLovin" Plasse is awkwardly charming and funny and Mark Strong delivers a superb Crime Mogul.

Overall, it's a fantastic looking movie, it's vibrant, colourful and extremely well choreographed, Without doubt you can see why the controversy is there, and true if I thought this movie was incredible I would have a lot more to say, But ultimately it really is a pop corn flick, the film is very self-aware and thank god because if this kind of stuff takes itself to seriously I feel it would surely fail.

Final Verdict: Have an open mind and try to see the funny side, in a time where the internet exists and more and more we become desensitized to violence in pretty much every form of media. Kick-Ass has a welcome place among it bigger budget counterparts. 7.5
  21. Aug 26, 2013
    This is a great movie, its fun entertaining and has a whole Lota violent's, Honestly the best superhero movie ive seen in a long time, it was just a great film, not the best movie of all time but still one bad-ass movie i definitely recommend siting down and watching it.
  22. Aug 20, 2013
    Kick-Ass is one of the best "superhero" movies ever. I put quotes around the word "superhero" because it is not your traditional superhero film. The entire concept behind it is very unique and refreshing, the characters are not archetypal at all, the acting is good enough, and the style is very in-your-face. Granted, that in-your-face, overly graphic and profane style will certainly rubKick-Ass is one of the best "superhero" movies ever. I put quotes around the word "superhero" because it is not your traditional superhero film. The entire concept behind it is very unique and refreshing, the characters are not archetypal at all, the acting is good enough, and the style is very in-your-face. Granted, that in-your-face, overly graphic and profane style will certainly rub many people the wrong way. This is not a film for everyone. The only weak element of the film, and it's also part of its strength, is the ridiculousness of certain scenes and action sequences. I can't know it for that because the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously is also part of its appeal but there are times when aggravation occurs. Overall, this is a great movie that, while everyone won't enjoy, those that do will certainly love it. Expand
  23. Aug 20, 2013
    Its crass, parodying styled humor may appeal to some more than others, but its relentless action scenes, and its embracing of normality performing the extraordinary storyline is just clever enough to make this film work.
  24. Aug 16, 2013
    This is a highly entertaining film and right up my alley as I love a good superhero movie, but its almost a parody of them and more realistic also. Taylor-Johnson shines as Kick-Ass but it's Moretz who I feel steals the show as young Hit Girl. It's probably more violent than you would think but also has a nice little dash of Comedy also, blending a few genres together in a way that reallyThis is a highly entertaining film and right up my alley as I love a good superhero movie, but its almost a parody of them and more realistic also. Taylor-Johnson shines as Kick-Ass but it's Moretz who I feel steals the show as young Hit Girl. It's probably more violent than you would think but also has a nice little dash of Comedy also, blending a few genres together in a way that really works. Overall a very enjoyable film and I can not wait for the sequel! Expand
  25. Aug 14, 2013
    Loved it! Aaron is so gorgeous. Chloe is such a cool kick ass kid. Even though i slightly dislike Cage, he was OK in this. Even had my favorite Peters:) Funny, fight pitched.
  26. Aug 13, 2013
    Kick Ass is genius! It has violence, humour, profanity, awesome music, exciting action and best of all everyone's favorite 11 year old Chloe Moretz. Who plays the vulgar and extremely deadly Hit Girl. This is definitely the best superhero movie I have ever seen and makes Iron Man look like Scooby Doo. You can count me in as a Kick Ass super nerd! I can't wait for the sequel (which comesKick Ass is genius! It has violence, humour, profanity, awesome music, exciting action and best of all everyone's favorite 11 year old Chloe Moretz. Who plays the vulgar and extremely deadly Hit Girl. This is definitely the best superhero movie I have ever seen and makes Iron Man look like Scooby Doo. You can count me in as a Kick Ass super nerd! I can't wait for the sequel (which comes out in 1 day). Expand
  27. Aug 3, 2013
    Una pelicula con superheroes e intentos de superheroes muy divertida, la traduccion al español es fenomenal (Mexico), me parecio muy comica y original, me hizo llorar de la risa, la musica muy acorde a los momentos cumbre de la pelicula, que mas se puede pedir el reparto de 10, saludos....
  28. Jul 29, 2013
    Succeeds at everything it attempts to do and gives their target audience exactly what they're looking for. Chloe Grace Moretz steals the show but the performances are all around good. A very fun film that will probably go down as a cult classic.
  29. Jul 14, 2013
    A very vulgar and bloody film, but I really liked it. A very cool story in the era of the superhero movie in which it is pretty much a spoof. Overall this is a very fun film. A-
  30. Jul 8, 2013
    Hilarious and graphic, Kick-Ass is a solid tribute to a graphic novel/comic loved by many. Hope they don't screw up with the sequel coming later this summer.

1. A clever movie premise based on an obscure comic book has been turned into, okay we’ll say it, a fanboy’s kick-ass wet dream of a movie that could be a surprise Spring smash.
    A ridiculously entertaining, perfectly paced, ultra-violent cinematic rush that kicks the places other movies struggle to reach.
  3. Reviewed by: John Defore
    Its balancing act between innocence and gore perfectly matches the expectations of genre fans, who should embrace the movie.