8.4

1. KennyM.
    Apr 16, 2010
    Original, funny and violent - this is a superb film. Watch out for the fabulous use of the songs.
  2. Chris
    Apr 17, 2010
    Any of the critic´s who gave this a score lower then 60 doesn't know what a good movie is when they watch it! This movie is ultra-violent, it got amazing stunts, and is very very funny! This movie is defiantly on the number 1 spot on Movie Of The Year!
  3. BrianM.
    Apr 18, 2010
    A movie which defies catagorization. Is it violent? -- excessively. Is it vulgar? -- extremely. Is it obscene? -- undoubtably. But what seperates it from other low-brow movies is its surprising and ironic sense of charm and warmth. Satirizing the whole superhero concept, "Kick-Ass" delivers some interesting characters (however morally ambigous) as well as some gripping action sequences. A movie which defies catagorization. Is it violent? -- excessively. Is it vulgar? -- extremely. Is it obscene? -- undoubtably. But what seperates it from other low-brow movies is its surprising and ironic sense of charm and warmth. Satirizing the whole superhero concept, "Kick-Ass" delivers some interesting characters (however morally ambigous) as well as some gripping action sequences. The movie intends to shock -- but not for the purpose of offending, but rather to celebrate and laugh at the absurd (ala Camus). All and all, "Kick-Ass" builds a gradual momentum of excitment culminating in some of the best action scenes since "The Dark Knight" -- a thoroughly entertaining experience. Expand
  4. SteelR.
    Apr 30, 2010
    Don't go in expecting to see a serious superheroes movie along the lines of Ironman. This is a very tongue in cheek/ hard hitting film that rocks.
  5. KeriN
    May 6, 2010
    Fantastic movie. If you can't stand gore and cursing, don't watch it. If a child cussing and blowing out someone's brains would make your stomach turn, don't watch it. If you have the bits to watch a little girl in a messed up situation being genuinely awesome while remaining lovable, instead of a sweet and innocent little victim, watch it. If you like comic books. Fantastic movie. If you can't stand gore and cursing, don't watch it. If a child cussing and blowing out someone's brains would make your stomach turn, don't watch it. If you have the bits to watch a little girl in a messed up situation being genuinely awesome while remaining lovable, instead of a sweet and innocent little victim, watch it. If you like comic books. Watch it. And darnit, if you like a good movie, WATCH IT! Ten stars! Expand
  6. DesmondM.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This movie is an all-out riot, you will have a great time watching it. Hit girl is the coolest and most badass little person I have ever seen. A definite must see! and has awesome soundtrack.
  7. DougE
    Apr 16, 2010
    This is a Disney movie where kids have adult roles and are powerful, and a Tarantino ultraviolent movie. I loved hearing the Banana Splits song. again One of the best action movies of all time.
  8. GeorgeN
    Apr 17, 2010
    Entertaining and violent as can be. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! Not for kids under 17.
  9. ShawnL
    Apr 18, 2010
    Went in looking for an entertaining action movie. Left the theater with that and more. A pleasant surprise to say the least. Ignore the "pro"-critics. What do they know anyway?
  10. Ver
    Apr 18, 2010
    Greatly entertaining movie. Definitely check it out!
  11. Snoopyblue
    Apr 18, 2010
    This movie was bad-ass so entertaining and fun to watch. Go see this movie you haven't yet. It is def worth watching.
  12. MichaelB.
    Apr 19, 2010
    This movie is f***ing awesome. there are parts where it drags but they usally throw a joke to even it out. but hitgirl and big daddy really steal the show. whenever they are one screen there is only one word "EPIC". their sub-plot although designed as a plot device for the main plots execution probably could have been its own movie had they wanted to develop it fully.
  13. ChadS.
    Apr 19, 2010
    The Atari 2600 hit the marketplace in 1977. Two years later, Barbara Ann Spencer, a schoolgirl, opened fire on a group of elementary-aged children as if they were space invaders. Shortly after the killing spree, Spencer was quoted as saying, "I did it for the fun of it. I don't like..." In "Kick-Ass", the first-person shooting game is co-opted into film language, as Mindy(Chloe Grace The Atari 2600 hit the marketplace in 1977. Two years later, Barbara Ann Spencer, a schoolgirl, opened fire on a group of elementary-aged children as if they were space invaders. Shortly after the killing spree, Spencer was quoted as saying, "I did it for the fun of it. I don't like..." In "Kick-Ass", the first-person shooting game is co-opted into film language, as Mindy(Chloe Grace Moretz in a bravura performance) uses night-vision goggles(like Buffalo Bill in Jonathan Demme's "The Silence of the Lambs") to pick off her targets. Donning her Hit Girl getup, Mindy is practically a cipher: an Xbox, X chromosome avatar who for the most part shows no remorse toward her victims. Despite being bad guys, the young girl's emotional detchment throughout each bloody ordeal makes Mindy seem more like a psychopath than a superhero. Spencer, who was the inspiration for The Boomtown Rats' new wave classic "I Don't Like Mondays", is inadvertently evoked through Hit Girl's purple wig, in which purple, the color most associated with Prince, brings us back to Monday. (Prince wrote "Manic Monday" for The Bangles.) With Mindy's violent upbringing, the "enfant terrible" shouldn't be anywhere near school perimeters, but "Kick-Ass" is a comic book movie(albeit a superior one) and doesn't factor in such realities of child development. Since the anti-social girl has little regard for the sanctity of human life, there's always the possibility of Mindy summoning up her alter-ego to protect the weak from a mean cheerleader or surly jock with cataclysmic results. In the classic new wave song, Geldof, who could be describing Big Daddy(Nicolas Cage) as he takes aim at his daughter, writes: "And school's out early and soon we'll be learning/And the lesson today is how to die." Dave(Aaron Johnson) is not a licensed psychotherapist; he can't teach Mindy how to live. As for the profanity, Moretz has nothing on Natalie Portman, who in Ted Demme's "Beautiful Girls", says, "So you're the alcoholic high school buddy s*** for brains," to a chagrined Michael Rappaport. Expand
  14. WillieR.
    Apr 19, 2010
    Chloe Moretz is deserving of a Oscar nomination for sure. This movie if nothing else teaches there are always repercussions for our actions. Great action, good story and the fall-out from Kick-ass
  15. NateH.
    Apr 20, 2010
    Anyone who doesn't feel something when Kick-ass saves that guy from being beaten and explains his motives is dead inside. Stop being uptight and enjoy the movie.
  16. HarryN
    Apr 24, 2010
    When I first saw the commercials It didn't even come close to catching my attention but after all the adds shoving it down my throat it seemed watchable. It worked and I'm glad I saw it. Truly Amazing don't listen to the critics on this one. Must see in theatres.
  17. ZiezK.
    Apr 20, 2010
    This film was fantastic and everything I hoped it would be. I had never read the comic but this film was amazing. The acting was great, the visuals, fight scenes, and gore were top of the line.
  18. AfdhalH
    Apr 30, 2010
    I was overwhelmed when the movie's first week score to be 86%, higher than Avatar! So, I decided to bust my curiosity by going to the local cinema myself. How impressed am I on the movie as I barely sat down my bottom on the sear. I was hooked up with the movie. There were elements of HILARIOUSNESS, GROSS, SADNESS, ADRENALINE RUSH, and SUSPENSE..all in ONE movie. Great movie!! I was overwhelmed when the movie's first week score to be 86%, higher than Avatar! So, I decided to bust my curiosity by going to the local cinema myself. How impressed am I on the movie as I barely sat down my bottom on the sear. I was hooked up with the movie. There were elements of HILARIOUSNESS, GROSS, SADNESS, ADRENALINE RUSH, and SUSPENSE..all in ONE movie. Great movie!! Contender for the movie of the year and cant wait for the release of the BluRay. Expand
  19. trevorh.
    May 1, 2010
    Maintains a tight balance between awkward teen comedy and brutal violence. and i mean brutal. not since Kill Bill has a movie been so over-the-top gory. if you think, as i do and i'm sure many others as well, that superhero movies have begun taking themselves too seriously (after the Dark Knight), then do yourself a favor and see this movie. it's an adrenaline rush from start to finish.
  20. TomW.
    May 21, 2010
    This movie is beyond awesome i read the comic first and even if there was made some changes to the movie it still Kick-Ass ,and Chloë Moretz is amazing as Hit-Girl.
  21. GavinP.
    May 23, 2010
    Highly entertaining, well worth watching.
  22. LeoS
    May 6, 2010
    A wonderful violent but very funny film, too! interesting characters und a very very nice story! just perfect!
  23. EddieM
    Apr 16, 2010
    Amazing movie, the best ive seen since the dark knight! I feel that watching this movie made me realize you dont need anything to be a superhero. The acting was flawless, and I had to say, Hit Girl stole the show, but Aaron Johnson as Kick Ass was my favorite person, and for one reason, at the end which im not going to give away. But my favorite 5 films of all time. Definitely going to Amazing movie, the best ive seen since the dark knight! I feel that watching this movie made me realize you dont need anything to be a superhero. The acting was flawless, and I had to say, Hit Girl stole the show, but Aaron Johnson as Kick Ass was my favorite person, and for one reason, at the end which im not going to give away. But my favorite 5 films of all time. Definitely going to buy the soundtrack! Expand
  24. TedF
    Apr 16, 2010
    Kick ass is my favorite movie of all time I loved the fighting comedy and action actors were great mertz was amazing.
  25. HishamI.
    Apr 16, 2010
    This movie is fantastic. It blends comedy, violence and emotion and delivers it in a nice package. Each actor did a solid job in capturing the essence of the characters. All I got to say is you must watch this movie, because it will show you a good time.
  26. GD
    Apr 17, 2010
    Amazing movie. Ultra violent. This is not Superbad mixed with spider-man. Its Pulp Fiction mixed with Sin City. Funny, deeply disturbing but an amazing experience the whole way through.
  27. James
    Apr 17, 2010
    A shockingly entertaining movie! Don't listen to those negative reviews, in fact most of those sounded like they were looking for something else entirely. The movie has laughs and some great action scenes and with characters you can't believe you are rooting for.
  28. MattW.
    Apr 17, 2010
    About half way though i realized this movie was incredible. Being now, my new favorite movie of all time, i think its up there with dark knight as being one of the greatest movies of our generation.
  29. BrianF.
    Apr 17, 2010
    The Big Daddy warehouse shootout was epic.
  30. Kyle
    Apr 17, 2010
    Bad. Ass. One of the best movies to come out in this otherwise dry period. Excellent in every sense, worth watching, and my new personal favorite.

1. A clever movie premise based on an obscure comic book has been turned into, okay we’ll say it, a fanboy’s kick-ass wet dream of a movie that could be a surprise Spring smash.
    A ridiculously entertaining, perfectly paced, ultra-violent cinematic rush that kicks the places other movies struggle to reach.
  3. Reviewed by: John Defore
    Its balancing act between innocence and gore perfectly matches the expectations of genre fans, who should embrace the movie.