8.3

1. Jan 13, 2014
    I'm from Brazil, and I loved the movie and the story was really cool, I believe the low scores in other reviews is because people can not differentiate reality from the movies, this is real life people understand unfortunately the Big Daddy had to die if not the film also does not make sense they always win. Understand something good does not always win and this film shows the real life, I'm sorry if there was an error in grammar, because I'm not from your country. Expand
  2. Dec 23, 2013
    Kick-Ass is my favorite movie of all time, tied with Donnie Darko. Kick-Ass is truly amazing, and I love every second of it. The idea is unique, and is executed beautifully. The movie is hilarious, serious, sad, action-packed, brilliant and mesmerizing. Kick-Ass truly kicked MY ass, and there's really nothing more to say. If you have not seen this movie, then you really f*cking need to. 10/10
  3. Oct 14, 2013
    Like all good action films kick-ass contains strong gory violence and outrageous comedy. Kick ass explodes to life with amazing special effects and hilarious scenes that will keep you entertained for the 117 mins of run time. Kick-ass kicks spiderman and superman in the ass. literally. You will have never scene a superhero film like this. This movie is definitely worth watching, and if you like superheroes, action, strong violence and comedy moments that will surely make you laugh, It is about time you see a movie that kicks ass. Kick-ass is the film4u. Expand
  4. Aug 26, 2013
    This is a great movie, its fun entertaining and has a whole Lota violent's, Honestly the best superhero movie ive seen in a long time, it was just a great film, not the best movie of all time but still one bad-ass movie i definitely recommend siting down and watching it.
  5. Aug 20, 2013
    Kick-Ass is one of the best "superhero" movies ever. I put quotes around the word "superhero" because it is not your traditional superhero film. The entire concept behind it is very unique and refreshing, the characters are not archetypal at all, the acting is good enough, and the style is very in-your-face. Granted, that in-your-face, overly graphic and profane style will certainly rub many people the wrong way. This is not a film for everyone. The only weak element of the film, and it's also part of its strength, is the ridiculousness of certain scenes and action sequences. I can't know it for that because the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously is also part of its appeal but there are times when aggravation occurs. Overall, this is a great movie that, while everyone won't enjoy, those that do will certainly love it. Expand
  6. Aug 16, 2013
    This is a highly entertaining film and right up my alley as I love a good superhero movie, but its almost a parody of them and more realistic also. Taylor-Johnson shines as Kick-Ass but it's Moretz who I feel steals the show as young Hit Girl. It's probably more violent than you would think but also has a nice little dash of Comedy also, blending a few genres together in a way that really works. Overall a very enjoyable film and I can not wait for the sequel! Expand
  7. Aug 14, 2013
    Loved it! Aaron is so gorgeous. Chloe is such a cool kick ass kid. Even though i slightly dislike Cage, he was OK in this. Even had my favorite Peters:) Funny, fight pitched.
  8. Aug 13, 2013
    Kick Ass is genius! It has violence, humour, profanity, awesome music, exciting action and best of all everyone's favorite 11 year old Chloe Moretz. Who plays the vulgar and extremely deadly Hit Girl. This is definitely the best superhero movie I have ever seen and makes Iron Man look like Scooby Doo. You can count me in as a Kick Ass super nerd! I can't wait for the sequel (which comes out in 1 day). Expand
  9. Aug 3, 2013
    Una pelicula con superheroes e intentos de superheroes muy divertida, la traduccion al español es fenomenal (Mexico), me parecio muy comica y original, me hizo llorar de la risa, la musica muy acorde a los momentos cumbre de la pelicula, que mas se puede pedir el reparto de 10, saludos....
  10. Jul 29, 2013
    Succeeds at everything it attempts to do and gives their target audience exactly what they're looking for. Chloe Grace Moretz steals the show but the performances are all around good. A very fun film that will probably go down as a cult classic.
  11. Jul 8, 2013
    Hilarious and graphic, Kick-Ass is a solid tribute to a graphic novel/comic loved by many. Hope they don't screw up with the sequel coming later this summer.
  12. Mar 19, 2013
    this movie was so breath taking... and I little bit cringe worthy when I first saw it but if you watch it for the second and third time it just gets better and better! Even better with friends! I thought the costumes were amazing, they really outlined the characters. The acting wasn't bad but I thought hit-girl absolutely stole the whole show, as of my final note I think this is one of Nicholas Cage's greatest roles despite all the he has come out with in the past. I cannot wait for Jim Carrey in the new movie, I hope it gets even better reviews than this one got. Expand
  13. Mar 18, 2013
    Kick Ass is awesome. Period. No questions asked. This film brings life to people that love superheroes in a cool way, I mean look at the action scenes! They are damn good! Kick Ass is a really well done movie and I really can't wait for the next part. Kick ass has those Hollywood elements that director Matthew Vaughn has put together, with cool weapons and jetpacks! The story or plot about Dave Liwinzki has been put together real good and the characters like Mindy and Big Daddy are the major elements for the movie to thrive. The film has emotions, action and lots of it, gore and man a lot of gore, and superheroes saving the city from ruthless drug crime lords. If you haven't seen or finished the movie, watch the climax. Expand
  14. Mar 16, 2013
    Kick Ass is not a superhero, but just a normal college kid hoping to become a bad ass hero! He thinks he's a pretty big deal after his video went viral, but then he meets Hit Girl and Big Daddy, the real superheroes. The movie is very well filmed, with even yet colorful detail and an interesting story.
  15. Mar 8, 2013
    Word of advice, don't follow the trailer on this one, because Kick-Ass is further away than the dumbed down superhero comedy that the trailer indicated.
    The film is narrated by Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson) who often seriously thinks about being a superhero, not necessarily one with superhuman abilities or with mountains of cash, but one who is a genuine citizen in a cheap spandex suit
    trying to right the wrongs of the city, so he does exactly that.
    The story the takes an interesting turn as there are already superheroes present in New York, in the form of Big Daddy (Nicolas Cage) and Hit-Girl (Chloë Moretz). They are quite the dynamic duo as they are already skilled in the art of fighting and, well, being heroic.
    There is no hero without the villain of course, and Mark Strong puts in a strong performance as gang boss Frank D'Amico, who is attempting to dispose the heroes, with the accompaniment of his son, Chris (Christopher Mintz-Plasse).
    This was quite a risky and fragile road to take in turning this comic book into a film, it makes no attempt in hiding its promotion of unadulterated violence and all out crude and profanity laced dialogue, yet it still turns out to be one of the best and very different comedies of its time.
    Hit-Girl is obviously the talk of the film, controversy surrounds Moretz's roll as an 11 year old swearing, stabbing and killing machine, but films need to take risks like this in order to evolve and adapt to other genres, because there is no doubt that this film doesn't hold back in using shock and awe tactics to create a stellar film, one which, with the type of movie you see, the writers know will not please everyone.
    Johnson is quite likeable in his role as Kick-Ass, he explains everything in a pop-cultured yet realistic manner that cannot be ignored, it all fits together with the comedic but grounded tone of the film.
    There is of course plenty of action with some impressive sequences, one involving Hit-Girl taking down a small army of men along to 'Bad Reputation' by Joan Jett, quite brilliant. Nicolas Cage does an excellent turn as Big Daddy, playing a very different role to what we are used to, but its Moretz and Johnson who steal the show as the young heroes, forever unpredictable and of course full of teenage kicks.
    Quite a different sort of superhero and comedy film, but naturally one which will not be funny to everyone.
  16. Dec 8, 2012
    So good! A great film. Unlike anything I've ever seen before. This comic book movie is wonderfully directed by Matthew Vaughn who can do no wrong. Chloe Moretz as Mindy/Hit Girl is unforgettable. Classic film!
  17. Nov 22, 2012
    I must first say that it is a really well made film with some excellent stunt work. I thought the music chosen for the score was really great as well. Excellent performances from all of the leading cast, Aaron Johnson as Dave Lizewski/Kick-Ass, Nicolas Cage as Damon Macready/Big Daddy is excellent, Chloe Moretz as Mindy Macready/Hit-Girl (also superb), Mark Strong as Frank D
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    It's crude and vulgar, the idea is unoriginal, but never, ever, has a superhero movie been as hilarious as this one. The jokes used in this movie are incredibly funny, and the title gives you a sense of how good this movie will be.
  19. Jul 20, 2012
    It's unfair to say that films that are this inappropriate are highlighted as 'not for children'. Well, duh, of course not, but just because this film is violent and full of profanity, does that make it any less better than other films that are considered more appropriate? This is pure entertainment and the jokes were never few and far between - it felt funny, fresh and original. Yeah, so, the beginning had little fire-power to it, but that didn't matter. The songs rocked and there were some extremely colourful characters - Strong certainly had a field day playing Frank D'Amico. On that note, it was brilliant to see some well-known and likeable actors playing them, although it's the first time that I've seen Cage excel at his acting! The costumes were certainly colourful too - especially Christopher, who could not look better in that epic Red Mist outfit! Action-packed, beautifully paced, side-splitting tear-inducing falling-off-sofa humoured solid gold entertainment, and, despite what the critics think (Average review score of 66? Please, show yourself to the door this instant), this film really knows how to Kick-Ass! Expand
  20. May 6, 2012
    Kick-Ass is an amazing film, however, you can't get upset by people dying. If you do, you will be crying throughout the entire film. A little girl swearing can't offend you either.

An awesome film, would highly recommend
  21. Apr 15, 2012
    What can I say about this movies that was not already said ?

It is simply awesome. I saw it 3 or 4 times and each time I discover new details that make me think that I will need to watch it again. What an entertainment !
  22. Feb 15, 2012
    Kick-Ass is very funny and interesting movie ! I like it very much and I give to it 10 from 10 ! I am loking forward for second part!
  23. Jan 21, 2012
    Its not for all kids, but the plot of Kick-Ass teaches people not to hesitate and stand up to bullies and criminals, makes a difference in fighting crime, teamwork is well-structured into the story than other superhero films, and delivers non-stop comic action and laughs.
  24. Dec 17, 2011
    I'm just going to write a short review as I'm watching it at the moment for the third time today. This film is realistic as in it could happen. It is so funny. Everytime I watch it I laugh louder. The soundtrack is the best ever in the film and I listen to whilst playing MW3 multiplayer. Nicholas Cage and Chloe Moretz should have got an oscar for this spectacular performance.
  25. Dec 16, 2011
    In my opinion this is the greatest movie ever made. The actors are so easy to fall in love with, and i think that is one of the most important aspects of this movie. The music in this is phenomenal and to me remains the greatest score ever. I would just like to thank Matthew Vaughn for the brilliant directing, Danny Elfmen, Henry Jackman, John Murphy, Marius De Vries and IIan Eshkeri for the mindblowingly amazing music they created. And last but certainly not least i would like to thank Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Mark Strong, Nicolas Cage and Chloe Moretz, you did what knowone predicted and that's act like nothing before. Thankyou for making this dream a reality Expand
  26. Oct 11, 2011
    Holy **** **** does this movie rule. The first time, it felt a little of the edge and all over the place. But as I rewatched it, I absolutely acknowledged its awesomeness. I knew what I was getting myself into, but holy **** It's better than any action movie from last year. Or any comedy. It's breath-taking. captivating, stunning, hilarious, beautifully perverse and all around fantastic. What Matthew Vaughn did to the superhero genre was take it, **** it and out plopped the greatest action movie of 2010. The acting is supreme - I'll never find a hitgirl beter than Chloe Grace Moretz -, the editing, jaw droppingly terrific, the directing and writing, pants-****tingly great. It's ****ing perfect. I can't really find any faults or problems with it. IT IS ****ING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you Matthew Vaughn. In a non gay/platonic way. Expand
  27. Sep 12, 2011
    After watching this movie the second time, I can easily say that this is one of my favorite Superhero films, and then watching it the third time, I absolutely loved it even more! I found out how awesome the action scenes were and how the characters did a perfect job. I really didn't think this movie can be that dark and funny at the same time. Just can't see how some people would hate it. Well, I guess if you took your child to this movie thinking it will be for kids, but who would think of that with the title Kick-Ass. What Im really surprised about is how Nicholas cage did in this movie, playing Big Daddy. It wasn't one of his same old acting, but it was something most of us was waiting for. Of course, Hit Girl, played by Cloe Moretz, was my favorite character. She did the most awesome moves when fighting. Aaron Johnson might have been a new face to all of you, if you haven't seen Nowhere Boy, which you have to see. Aaron played the main character, Kick-Ass, who's got sick and tired of getting picked on. So he becomes a superhero, and becomes really famous. Then somehow everything turns out wrong, when a part of gang gets taken down by kick-Ass, Hit girl, and Big Daddy. The last two action scenes is so awesome and intense that I almost peed myself. Kick-Ass and Red Mist are probably the ones that make this movie have hilarious parts. I also discovered that this had songs from Danny Boyle's "28 days later" and "Sunshine" during the fight scenes that really made it's mark. I will definitely love this film, and the characters, and I think I just found a new favorite director, Mathew Vahn, who directed "Stardust" ( who would've guessed that), and produced "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". This movie is not the average superhero movie, but is definitely one of my favorites. Expand
  28. Aug 10, 2011
    It's a good movie. Just don't take it too seriously. Lots of hardcore violence that i didn't expect and some very memorable characters. Kids, don't take advice on girls from a guy that looks like a hobbit. Enjoy.
  29. Jun 28, 2011
    first thing man up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if it disturbes u that a kid kills dudes than dont watch an r movie ok the movie shows tat wether ur a sicopah or a regular dude y can make a diff
  30. Jun 4, 2011
    Both the favorable and unfavorable reviews miss the moral question at the center of Vaughn's film: why are we bystanders? Kick-Ass' world is riotous, self-deprecating, and awesome; but it is the exact opposite of irresponsible. Rather, it unmasks an adult world in which police officers operate on both sides of crime, citizens are voyeurs into one another's suffering, and we all wonder who is going to change it. By now, it is clear that neither adults nor teenagers are willing to risk their routines for their neighbors. At least teenagers still fantasize about doing something. So the obvious answer is a little girl who, with some sidekick mockery from Nic Cage, makes Batman look like a man dressed up like a bat. To echo other reviewers, Hitgirl is the new standard of awesome. But, until Kick-Ass' moment of transformation, she is also the last human willing to offer an embodied answer to injustice. That Vaughn hides this seriousness in such absolutely brilliant awesomeness might confuse some, but it should not be misinterpreted as a statement of "coolness" or teenage hormonal self-gratification. It's saying much more than that. Why hold the fact that it's also cool against it? Expand

1. A clever movie premise based on an obscure comic book has been turned into, okay we’ll say it, a fanboy’s kick-ass wet dream of a movie that could be a surprise Spring smash.
  2. Reviewed by: Chris Hewitt
    A ridiculously entertaining, perfectly paced, ultra-violent cinematic rush that kicks the places other movies struggle to reach.
  3. Reviewed by: John Defore
    Its balancing act between innocence and gore perfectly matches the expectations of genre fans, who should embrace the movie.