7.9

1. Nov 15, 2014
    not much except for the greatest love scene ever. "You've saved the kung woo heart exploder pincer move just for me?"

"I'll just crawl over here and die now."

two hours too late for the movie
  2. Sep 3, 2014
    "Kill Bill: Vol. 2" is even better than the first part! It's not as action-packed, but it covers more of why The Bride is so hell-bent on getting revenge which makes up for the slower parts of the film. Volume 2 is bigger, bolder, and better than Volume 1.
  3. Aug 28, 2014
    Every so often a sequel surpasses its predecessor, Kill Bill Vol. 2 does that by a long shot. Volume 2 is tighter, swifter and much more entertaining.
  4. chw
    Aug 16, 2014
    Not as good as the first volume, since this volume was incredibly slow but does pick up a bit, but it has a fantastic conclusion at the end of the movie.
  5. May 30, 2014
    Another good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typical in most QT movies. The acting in this movie is great as they make all of the characters really mysterious which I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely checkAnother good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typical in most QT movies. The acting in this movie is great as they make all of the characters really mysterious which I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely check this one and the firs one out. Expand
  6. May 8, 2014
    Certainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all Tarantino films. In addition, the omages to samurai and spaghetti westerns is perfectly done (and is almost done comedically too). In addition, this film does aCertainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all Tarantino films. In addition, the omages to samurai and spaghetti westerns is perfectly done (and is almost done comedically too). In addition, this film does a better job than the first at providing depth to the characters and figuring out events that we simply saw glimpses of in Volume 1. The acting is also really good, especially Thurman and David Carradine. Michael Madsen also turned in a solid supporting role. However, the best thing this film provides is entertainment. Like its predecessor, this one is endlessly entertaining.

In terms of the script, it is admittedly incredibly cheesy. At times, I caught myself thinking, "Really? They put that in?", but as it is undoubtedly intentionally bad, it is not really a major knock against this one. Also, my more major knock is the ending. It is very...unsatisfying and anticlimactic. We're waiting for this moment the whole time and then...ok? I just wish that the ending was more of what the film was seemingly leading up to, rather than a detour from that script.
  7. Apr 29, 2014
    Kill Bill Vol. 2 delivers a slightly less of a punch than Vol. 1, but it goes more in depth about the story aspect, and less on the Bride slicing the limbs off The Crazy 88.
  8. Jan 6, 2014
    O filme simplesmente um máximo
  9. Dec 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When looking at Kill Bill: Volume 1, you look for a fun action movie, a stylistic revenge flick. You get that in Volume 2 as well, but the dramatic leanings of the film are much more evident. To take Volume 2 asa great movie is something that is easier to do than Volume 1, and it works. The highlight of the film, by a wide margin, was the finale scenes with Beatrix and Bill talking, their short battle, and coming to terms with Bill's death. David Carradine's acting was superb, and I fail to see how he was not nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor the year this film was released. A great movie, plain and simple. Expand
  10. Dec 12, 2013
    Not as full on as the first- with less action and more talking- but the style and delivery is perfect in adding substance to the story and concluding it well.
  11. Aug 31, 2013
    meskipun dengan action yang kurang dari film sebelumnya, namun kekurangan itu berhasil ditambal dengan cerita yang menarik dan dialog2 yang baik, uma thurman tamah mengkilap di film ini namun dua jempol patut disematkan pda David Carradine as Bill auranya dalam film itu sungguh powerful banget
  12. Aug 17, 2013
    Kill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction, but lacked depth in its story. Volume 2 provides this backing, and does it in an immersive way. Every moment feels like it was expertly directed andKill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction, but lacked depth in its story. Volume 2 provides this backing, and does it in an immersive way. Every moment feels like it was expertly directed and put together. There is perhaps only one or two moments of actual violence in this film, the rest is purely story and character driven. However, the beauty of it is that there's not a single minute where you're bored and wishing for more of the brutal combat shown in volume 1. There are a lot of subtle but powerful messages in this film, and in my opinion more than make up for the lack of action. The fact that all the action is in volume 1 and the story in volume 2 actually makes the film more unique in my opinion, rather than having a generic mix of the two. I think this film is passable stand-alone, but you need to have seen volume 1 to appreciate it more and understand why there isn't much action in it. Overall, a must-see if you have watched Kill Bill Volume 1 and want to know more about the story. Expand
  13. Jun 26, 2013
    The Bride continues to seek her vengeance by searching the man responsible of the grace shot she received. It is the perfect combination of gore, action and Tarantino touch in a single movie. (Considering Kill Bill vol.1 and vol. 2 as one film) It should be recognized as a MUST see at anytime given.
  14. May 7, 2013
    It's bigger, deadlier and much much better than Volume 1, which in itself was a fantastic film, but Kill Bill Volume 2 delivers a sucker punch in dramatic storytelling with wonderful homages to martial arts films of yesteryear, and this was mastered without there being as much action as the first.
    Right off the mark, we need to remember that this is a continuation, that these two films were supposed to be one, so to recap, The Bride (Uma Thurman) is on a revenge mission to hunt out those who betrayed her, former colleagues of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, led by Bill (Dennis Carradine).
    This time around we meet Budd (Michael Madsen) who is now living in a trashed out trailer and getting by as a bouncer, until The Bride shows up. We are also reintroduced to Elle Driver, the one-eyed assassin from the previous instalment, with a much bigger part to play this time around.
    Volume 2 confidently ties up all the loose ends of the first outing, the story is broader in scope to allow more of a human touch to the colourful proceedings, but still using past films to capture the true nature of the story.
    While not as violent as the original, there is much more dialogue in Volume 2, the fact that the whole 'saga' is in fact one film shows true balance to the story, The Bride at first is full of hatred and revenge, but now realises she has almost reached the end of the road, and this makes for much more interesting and intriguing scenes with The Bride and of course, Bill.
    Quentin Tarantino has now proved his ability to tell a compelling story through various body movements and the art of filmmaking and creating the perfect scene to capture that one defining moment, and that is where the cinematography exceeds in every level in this film.
    Uma Thurman delivers another driven performance as The Bride, and yes, her real name is revealed in the film. Her continuing motivation to capture the essence of a character is what makes her a suitable lead, something which will always leave a lasting effect. Dennis Carradine is typically charming yet deadly as Bill, his references to comic books and how superheroes reflect human nature is genius, and shows the powerful dialogue that Tarantino can create.
    The action scenes still do exist, while not is colourful, they are certainly memorable and beautiful to watch.
    my advice is to sit and watch these two films as a whole, and to receive a true masterclass in filmmaking and how to put across a simple story for everyone else to be interested in.
  15. Apr 7, 2013
    This film is less of a sequel and more a continuation of the Bride's story. This one contains more philosophy and a sense of urgency leading to the final confrontation with Bill. Tarantino has succeeded in creating a masterful story and will go down as one of my favorite sets of films.
  16. Mar 9, 2013
    It escapes from its silly setting and focuses on all plot. But even with one of the best performances of all time from Uma Thurman, Tarantino still can't escape from Kill Bills messy plot.
  17. Dec 14, 2012
    (NOTE: This review covers only Vol. 2 of the Kill Bill Saga. For Vol. 1, see my profile page. For a complete overall score on the entire Kill Bill saga, see after this review)
    Part 2 of this elaborate revenge, murder rampage concentrates more on the actual plot and less on the violence. Is that good thing? No, not at all. The violence and fighting sequences as well as the unique blend of Asian cinema homages and cinematography are what actually kept Vol. 1 above 5/10 for me. However, for Vol. 2, the homages and unique style of Vol. 1 is almost completely non-existent (no, the training segment with Pai Mei does not qualify to a homage as its cliche' as hell and has been done hundreds of times in modern films), the action sequences are reduces to a few disappointing minutes, the actual movie itself is set in some of the most bland locales (as opposed to exotic locations of Vol. 1), and the characters...you just dont care anymore. The new characters dont really bring much to the table and are all uninspiring to the point of mediocrity. You can almost feel that Thurman herself as a character is losing steam as opposed to her great portrayal in Vol.1. And finally, they decided to focus on the plot, the weakest aspect of the entire saga. Well, I guess they have to. Imagine Transformers with barely any cool fight sequences and have Shia Lebouf and Optimus Prime talk for most of the film. This is like Vol. 2 - instead of more violent sequences in the unique style and soundtrack as pinpointed by Vol. 1, Vol. 2 decided to just throw all that in the bin and opted for a more quiet and ultimately, more lacking concluding film which, while wraps up Kiddo's tale (the final 'boss fight' just feels disjointed and lacks tension), is at the end of the day, becomes a cliche' drama rather than an action thriller. Dont watch this on drunk nights like Vol. 1, instead just read the wikipedia plot section. You're not missing anything by not watching it. Throwing away the elements which made Part 1 fun, Vol. 2 of Kill Bill is a mediocre, disappointing conclusion that feel like a Samurai warrior who basically used up all his strength for the first half of the fight while for the second half, decides to use a gun instead to finish his opponent. OVERALL: With Vol. 1 and 2 taken into considerable, Kill Bill feels disjointed with dramatic shifts to pace that just feels unnatural. Decent fight sequences, coupled with unique film styles and homages to Asian cinema make the first half of the saga enjoyable if you're feeling a little bloodlustful wheras you may be disappointed at the ending and concluding hour where the pace slackens and action is thrown out the window. Kill Bill as a whole with Vol. 1 and 2 combined receives a 6/10. A decent, intriguing piece of cinema that will divide audiences and is ultimately an enjoyable thriller for those after something more raw and intimate.
  18. Nov 24, 2012
    This movie wasn't as violent, and well written as its procedure, The acting is way more better, especially Thurman's performance.
  19. Sep 9, 2012
    Not so memorable as Kill Bill Vol. 1 for me, a bit touchy sometimes and naive at moments (e.g. the daughter's plot), thanks to Madsen and Carradine I found it really enjoyable. It's Tarantino ok, the references to westerns, noir, and kung-fu movies are cool, but a bit schematic and dull to some extent.
  20. Aug 10, 2012
    I feel as though Tarrantino's wasted his own and the actors talents. Unlike most of his movies the films talky scenes are boring and stupid. I loved the rest of his movies but Kill Bill vol 2 just sucks.
  21. Jun 12, 2012
    Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge.Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge. Michael Madsen also makes his mark as Budd, Bill's brother and another former assassin on The Bride's kill list, who is long past his best and quite understanding of her need to kill him and his former associates, proclaiming with a hint of remorse "That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die". Fittingly, seeing as he's the titular character and primary antagonist of this two-part epic, the late David Carradine's Bill is utterly mesmerising. He completely embodies the enigma and contradictions of his character - a caring father and also a violent mercenary, a philosophical big-thinker but also heavily reliant on animalistic instinct, a stoic outward appearance but not above crude insults. He's a superb character creation of Tarantino's, and is easily one of the best, most terrifying, interesting and layered movie villains of all time. While the story is enthralling throughout, where the film reaches its true potential is with the final act. You'd be forgiven for expecting an extravagant final battle, blade-to-blade between The Bride and Bill, as that's what we've been lead to believe we've been building to. What Tarantino gives us instead is a taught, tense and sublimely written final conversation between the two characters. The result is a far more original, intelligent and satisfying conclusion to this incredible revenge saga. With the first volume of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino managed to make lowbrow filmmaking respectable; with Vol. 2, through accomplished direction, a brilliant cast and flawless craftsmanship, Tarantino elevates trash to high art. Expand
  22. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie took me by surprise because it was so different than the first one. However, that only made it better. This movie has such an impressive essence about it. Uma was very convincing and brilliant in this film. It is brutal and unsympathetic in its nature. Among one of the best films ever. A true masterpiece.
  23. Mar 30, 2012
    I feel the same way about Kill Bill Vol. 2 as i did the first. Again no big deal with solid acting and slightly better action scenes. The ending though is way overdone. Please just Kill Bill already.
  24. Mar 18, 2012
    Definently the better of the two films. Acting is a lot better, So is the action. It ended in a good way as well. Definently worth watching imo. I really liked it.
  25. Mar 3, 2012
    Highly overrated, ridiculously overlong, highly plagiarized yawner that makes little sense. Stale and action-free from start to finish. The first film was shoddy, but at least it was moderately ENTERTAINING! Tarantino at his absolute worst, unless you count his performance in From Dusk Til Dawn...
  26. Feb 23, 2012
    I like Tarantina's films! I like Uma Turman and this film is amazing! Love it ! It is me favourit film!
  27. Jan 5, 2012
    A lot better sequel then I expected. The story ended good and the acting was great as well. It was also a lot more interesting this time around as well. I enjoyed it a lot more then the first film.
  28. Nov 16, 2011
    I recently just watched both movies for the first time i have to by it self this movie is not much to talk about, but seeing vol.2 the movie was extremely better as a whole. This one by itself was really good and i really liked the ending of it all. I recommend especially anyone who is a fan of the old kung fu movies
  29. Nov 15, 2011
    Best than it's predecessor, this volume show us how creative Tarantino's mind can be. Showing the revenge of the Bride aka Beatrix Potter - Uma Thuman, in her best acting ever, even better than in Pulp Fiction- we get the blood we need, and even another great character, Elle Driver -Daryl Hannah, once again, great. Brilliant.
  30. Oct 7, 2011
    Amazing movie, director and actors. All the characters are interresting, the action scenes are awesome, and Taratino knows how to surprises the viewer. A reference.

1. Kill Bill-Vol. 2 puts to shame doubts entertained about aesthetic strategies or structural imbalance provoked by "Kill Bill-Vol. 1." Now that the entirety of Quentin Tarantino's epic revenge melodrama is on view, "Kill Bill" emerges as a brilliant, invigorating work, one to muse over for years to come.
    You'll thrill to the action, savor the tasty dialogue and laugh like bloody hell.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Originally conceived as one film, the two-parter that has finally emerged can now be seen as a truly epic work.