Magnet Releasing | Release Date: May 3, 2013
5.1
Mixed or average reviews based on 11 Ratings
WATCH NOW
BrianMcCriticJul 26, 2013
Filmed well Kiss of the Damned plays like The Roommate meet vampires. This film becomes rather boring with a love story about as believable as Twilight. There is not much to this film the acting is ok by some and poor from others. I wasFilmed well Kiss of the Damned plays like The Roommate meet vampires. This film becomes rather boring with a love story about as believable as Twilight. There is not much to this film the acting is ok by some and poor from others. I was expecting a romantic/erotic horror film that can be well made especially with vampires unfortunately we get a forced romance mixed with decent, but standard vampire kills. D Expand
DCEdmondsNov 13, 2014
"Kiss of the Damned" 10 Scale Rating: 5.5 (Mediocre) ...

"Kiss of the Damned" 10 Scale Rating: 5.5 (Mediocre) ...

The Good: Lacking in execution, but not a bad idea. Milo Ventimiglia gives it his all and honestly puts in a solid performance. The conversations and dialogue is good and interesting ... obviously ripped off of "True Blood", but interesting all the same. Eerie soundtrack that sets the tone well.

The Bad: Suffers from bad acting at parts. Several very VERY cardboard performances from key players. Extremely slow and feels longer than the 1:37 run time. It doesn't really bring much new to the genre and tends to copy from other films/TV shows. The ending leaves a lot to be desired and does not cash in on the buildup at all.
A_So_Horror_FanJun 5, 2015
“Kiss Of The Damned” carries us back to the golden age of vampire tales when we held a romantic and dark desire for the creature of the night. This film is what I would imagine reading one of those supernatural themed Harlequin-eque romance“Kiss Of The Damned” carries us back to the golden age of vampire tales when we held a romantic and dark desire for the creature of the night. This film is what I would imagine reading one of those supernatural themed Harlequin-eque romance novels would be like. The director explored the more passionate side of daily life and love affair between a vulnerable but strong woman and a man desperate to love her in every way. It was down right gothic and sweet. The film didn’t bother getting too graphic or soft-core with the heightened sexuality of the relationships depicted in the movie but it was adult enough to be sheer supernatural eye candy. This movie is a great date movie for that vampire loving partner or person you want to kick it with. The story was compelling in true dramatic style that expresses the lives we expect vampires to enjoy. Just note that this is not a “horror” movie nor do I believe the director ever intended it to be one.

“Kiss Of The Vampire” is a film that flows more as an emotional heart-song with moments that rise to melodrama before sliding darkly down into melancholy. There is plenty of blood soaked sequences that express the true nature and conflict that lives within the vampire but it does not push the themes to the level of grindhouse or exploitation. The movie will not be for everyone and if you enter the tale looking for high octane exuberance, of ravenous creatures as monsters, with bodies writhing in guts and gore- then you will not be satisfied. However if you remember the classic view of the more romantic creature of more gothic tales of the vampire then this movie gives you the heat, passion and- yes -the bloodstains as well.